• Published 7th Mar 2017
  • 825 Views, 60 Comments

Ponestuck - ArtieStroke

  • ...
5
 60
 825

==> Be Silver Spoon

Bullies Been: 2/2

ACHIEVEMENT GET: Playgrounded

You are now Silver Spoon.

Of course you have always been Silver Spoon. This is a strange thing to think, you think to yourself. Of course you were always you. If you weren't you, you would be somepony else- and there's few other ponies you could think to be.

You shake your head a little- okay, these thoughts are getting a little out of hoof. Out of mind? Something like that.

You notice the book that came with your copy of SBARN start flashing- but you ignore it. You're testing something. You reach out and grab a single piece of cutlery from your priceless silverware collection.

Flinging the metal fork out of the last card in your Deque Stack modus.

==> Silver Spoon: Auto Parry!

You shriek a little, dropping to the floor as the fork sails over your head and buries itself into the wall- right next to at least half a dozen of its siblings. You have... been at this for a while. While none of your friends-and-or-acquaintances have actually connected to this game, it seems that certain aspects have been made active. Time to share what you've learned.

glamHeiress [GH] started whinnying sharpClerical [SC]

[GH] Silver Spoon are you on yet~?
[GH] Silver Spoon?
[GH] I see your name in the list, Silver Spoon- come on, answer me already!
[GH] Stop ignoring me!
[GH] SILVER SPOON!
[GH] SILVER!
[SC] Sheesh it has been barely a minute- I was testing something out, calm down.
[GH] Testing?
[SC] Have you noticed that this game has activated some kind of abstraction related to the acquisition of items?
[GH] Silver.
[GH] You sound like an absolute nerd right now.
[SC] UGH- THERE'S SOME KIND OF ITEM STORAGE SPELL FOR THE GAME!
[GH] A spell?
[SC] Yes- something called a Fetch Modus. According to the little flap in the back of my book, it is set to a "Deque Stack".
[GH] Mine just says "Butler".
[SC] What.
[GH] The word is written right there I'm not going to repeat myself.
[SC] That was rhetorical- what kind of logical structure of data would be called "Butler"!?
[SC] That is stupid!
[GH] Well what the hay is a "Deque Stack" anyways?
[SC] It is a series of stacks of items that operate in a first in and reversible last out/first out structure.
[GH] There it is. More of that weird, nonsensical nerdy nerd stuff. Silver Spoon, have you secretly been a nerd this whole time? Have I been wasting my time befriending some kind of nerdy pony?
[SC] For the love of Celestia.
[SC] FIRST ITEM GOES IN, SECOND ITEM PUSHES FIRST ITEM TO THE BOTTOM, YOU CAN FLIP BETWEEN TAKING THE ITEM ON THE TOP OR THE ITEM ON THE BOTTOM
[SC] It is NOT that complicated. You are going to want to figure out how yours works soon- it is probably important to the game.
[GH] Speaking of the game.
[GH] Even though they're called "server" players, it sounds like they're the ones doing the whole "controlling your world" bit those magazines talked about.
[GH] And I reaaaaaally don't want any of those blank-flanks having an opportunity to mess around with me.
[SC] Oh absolutely- I thought it was an obvious choice to have me as your server player.
[SC] Of course, we can not have you as my server player as that would just create some kind of micro-loop and maybe kick us out of the game. We are going to need to figure out an order.
[GH] Well you go ahead and use that big nerdy brain of yours and figure it out, mkay~?

You don't even respond- you just roll your eyes. Honestly, even though Diamond Tiara was your friend- sometimes she was a big enough jerk even YOU questioned whether her status was worth it. But mother insisted that you get to know the filly- accounting paid the bills, alright, but you needed rich ponies with money TO account for it to be worth anything.

You flip the book to the back- the sleeve containing your Deque Stack on the back of the final page, while the back cover itself has one more addition- or a series of additions. Multiple sleeves, with a single empty card reading "Strife Specibus". You flip it over, and see a whole list of kinds- pizzactrkind, batkind, rollpinkind-

Okay that's definitely too many to list. But you're a smart filly- the Fetch Modus must be what you use to take items and treasure for this game. The Strife Specibus seems to be some way of deciding what tool to use for making your way through the adventures the game promises. You've only got one card, but it seems like there's room for more- a whole portfolio of implements.

You look at the cutlery stuck in your wall and a cunning plan forms to mind.

==> Be Scootaloo
==> Enough dawdling! Bring back the dragon!