• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 3,361 Views, 84 Comments

Foretellers - Fear Ripper



They Mayans predicted that the world would end on 2012. Most of humanity replied with Chaos, but some treated it like a normal day. Such as a rag tag group of friends who passed the test of god and earned the right to an amazing adventure.

  • ...
15
 84
 3,361

Xross: Dream Meeting

It was another normal weekend in the Foreteller Mansion. Alex, Dan, and Jenny were off doing their own thing, as well as the Dazzlings. That left Lan and Kira for some brother sister bonding time.

And they way they chose to spend their time, is by testing out a new Dream Field!

(Inside the Dream Field)

*Pink!*

*Clash!*

*Roar!*

Lan and Kira were sparing in their Keyblade armor, along with their Dream Eaters who were fighting each other. One was a Pegislick, the other was a Weeflower. They were all sparing in a new Dream Field that Kira created.

They were fighting in what looks like a city street. Tall skyscrapers surrounded them as they were all lite up in neon lights, and strange childlike drawings of smiley suns, daisies and things of that nature.

The Foreteller siblings continued to spar along with their Dream Eaters.

“Hey Kira? What was the effect of this Dream Field again?” Lan asked.

“You forgot already? This is Smile Town! I made it so it amps up the strength of positive energy. So our spirit Dream Eaters get stronger when they’re here, and probably make the Unversed weaker. Given that they are made of negative energy.” She boasted.

Lan chuckled. “Right, my mistake. It’s holding up pretty well for a new field.”

“Yeah, you’re right. Why not turn it up a notch?” Kira said as Vulpus started to glow slightly.

Lan smirked under his helmet. “I was thinking the exact same thing.”

In a flash, the two charged at each other.

“Hah!”

“Seiya!”

*Clank!*
Their attacks collided with each other with so much force, a crater formed on the ground under them.

*Crack!*

“Huh?” they both of them asked.

Off to the side, they could see cracks forming in the Dream Field.


“Hm? What’s this place?”

After the crack had appeared in their dream field, revealing a strange cave system full of gangly looking trees growing throughout it. The shadows covered the ceiling but there appeared to be no actual ceiling at all. In the distance were several locked doors though they each had a light spilling lock on each of them.

“I don’t remember making this part of the field.” Kira said.

“This is weird.” Lan stated. “A dream within a dream? Hope we aren’t caught up in an Inception plot. I still don’t understand that movie.”



“Who’s there!?” Kira shouted readying her Keyblade. Her brother doing the same.

A cloud of bats flew past startling the two before disappearing back into the darkness.

“Oh, okay. Creepy bats. That fits the cave cliche. So what do we do now bro?” Kira asked.

“Yeah what do we do bro?” A voice called from behind Kira. Only for nothing to be there.

“Ahhh! Firaga!” Kira sent a fire spell in the direction of the voice in panic. But it only struck the side of a tree, nothing else.

“Okay, now that’s a tell that there is definitely someone here.” Lan raised his blade. “Show yourself! Are you an enemy?”

Nothing but the whistling wind blew through the cave and silence blanketed the area.

“Ahh! I don’t like this! Is this gonna be like Nightmare on Elm Street? Are we gonna see Freddy!?” Kira started swinging wildly.

Lan facepalmed with a sigh. “I knew you couldn’t handle that movie.”

“It is pretty scary, huh?” The voice struck behind Lan but soon fled back into the shadows once again.

“This is almost as much of a headache as the Master of Masters. ”Lan said rubbing his temples. “Plus he gets our meta references. Please come out. If you don’t mean harm then neither do we.”

Once again no answer came out right away. A small piece of paper slowly flew down between the two fluttering down almost too perfectly so that the blank side was only seen.

Kira started at the paper scared, her knees started to buckle. She took small steps back and started poking at it with her Keyblade. Nothing happened.

“Bro! I don’t know what movie this is from!” Kira yelled.

Lan sighed in annoyance. “Forget the movie! I’m tired of this. If this is a dream, then we have some influence here.” Lan placed his hand on the cave flow as he started to glow. In an instant, the shadowy cave terrain was replaced with a very illuminated cave filled with several mangled trees that also hid their own shadows.

A thestral hung from one of the sturdier looking branches looking down on the two people watching them closely. It’s amber eyes glowed even in the bright light. As quickly as the light shot up it was turned back down and the thestral was lost in the shadows once again.

“Ahhhhh! I don’t like it!” Kira shouted again as she continued to shiver.

“How did the lights go off? Is someone else controlling the dream?” Lan questioned.

“I’m quite nice when you get to know me.” The voice answered and gripped onto Kira’s back.

Kira’s expression darkened as she slowly turned around. She saw the same menacing amber eyes they saw earlier.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” Suddenly, the Weeflower Spirit she summoned prior rushed in and knocked the figure away from her.

“Oof… too much?” The voice called out as it fled back into the darkness. “Too bad I was your spirit animal miss.”

“Spirit animal?” Lan chuckled. “Well you obviously don’t know a Dream Eater when you see one.”

“No I know. We’re different. Dream Eaters being the purified heartless living within the sleeping worlds that some are able to tame. I know what she knows. Hence I am her spirit animal.” The voice called out.

“But you don’t sound like a penguin! I took an online quiz, that proves it!” Kira yelled randomly.

“Your true spirit animal comes from the soul. Not a quiz made by others over the internet.” The voice answered from another location than the last. “You have the soul of a pony within you.”

“Oh.” Kira’s expression dropped. “But I’m already part pony and vampire. Can I switch with someone else?”

“No. It is set in stone. As a thestral I will lead you on your blood crusade and into the future while you seal keyholes and capture the hearts of all the boys… probably.” The voice chided Kira though there was a small chuckle near the end.

“All the boys? Is this a reverse harem story!?” Kira said, eyes turning into stars.

“No! No! None of that!.” Lan interrupted her train of thought. “Okay, let’s have a chance of scenery.” He pulled out a Dream card.
The cracked portal behind the siblings started expanding before it replaced the cave terrain entirely.

“Well guess you don’t get the reverse harem story. Still you already have that one boy under your hoof or hand don’t you.” The voice came into view flapping down on his hooves and stretching out. He sounded uncertain of things though it was subtle.

“Ah so you’re the one who-!” Before Lan could finish his sentence, a pink blur rushed pass him towards the new arrival.

“Oh my gosh! A bat pony! He’s so cute!” Kira said latching on to it, while petting its mane.

“Well… this is unexpected. As your spirit animal I approve.” The thestral answered.

“As I was saying.” Lan jumped back in. “So you were the one messing with us?”

“Nope that was the other bat pony out there. I’m her spirit animal as you can see from her ministrations of patting my head.” The thestral looked at the man ignoring him entirely for the head pats.

“Aw, can you be a fox? I already am like that, so a fox would go with my Union.” Kira asked.

“Nope. It would require you to unlock your soul like Sora, otherwise, I can’t do anything but be you.” The thestral answered tapping his hooves together. Kira pouted.

“Kira!” Lan yelled as she yanked his sister off the Thestral by the back of her armor. “Can we get down to brass tacks already!? All this banter is getting annoying!”

“Ah… he’s the party pooper always dancing around in your head.” The voice stated though he sounded confused.

A tick mark appeared on Lan’s forehead, before an orb of light formed in his palm. Thrusting it skywards it disappeared, but what appeared behind him was a technicolored T-rex. This was a Tyranto Rex spirit.


The thestral did nothing at first. “Your brain was right. He is a buzzkill.” A shield was summoned to his hoof and just as the Tyranto Rex took a step forward a large flow of ice formed around it captured the spirit and keeping it locked in place. “Ok I’ve had my fun now.”

“Okay, now let’s talk.” Lan said calming down. “But first, one of the best things about Dream Eaters, their physical forms can be dispelled.” The Tyranto Rex disappeared, leaving an ice statue of its likeness in it place.

“Neat. So let’s break this then.” The thestral summoned a keyblade and hit the ground unlocking the area and returning it into a cave once again. “So more people to meet and more keybladers that have something going on with god right?”

“Oh, so you already know? That means you’re a survivor of the Mayan test. RIght?” Kira asked.

“More people? Does that mean you met others?” Lan asked.

“First one was very depressing to listen to. Second one I called Spark Plug because he decided to look like Twilight. Last one was kind of arrogant sounding and had a little boy chained to his side.” The thestral muttered as he flapped back to a tree and hung upside down once again.

“Ah! Zeke, Eclipse, and Ben. So I guess we’re the latest ones?” Kira said sheepishly.

“Was there a reason they came here?” Lan asked. “I wish all of us were here to meet you though.”

“Too many cooks ruin the soup. Two is fine. So why are you here? The last guys came here by accident and most of them were either depressing or fun to mess with. You land on the other half, by the by. Though just like the rest you look quite weird. We’re almost twinsies.” The thestral chuckled as he looked at Kira.

“We came here by accident too. We were testing one of our Dream Fields, I guess our over exerting the power limit caused a malfunction.” Kira explained as she dispelled her armor. “My names Kira by the way. Leader of the Vulpus Union!”

Her brother followed her lead. “And I’m Lan, her brother. Leader of the Unicornis Union.”

“Neat. Dead people coming back to life to not get dragged back into their mistakes. Or new people? It’s funny how much you think about things when you just got back from almost dying once again. Ah… right. I’m Nebula Gray… at least now I am.” Gray chimed in wrapping his wings around his body.

“Nice to meet you!” Kira waved at him. “It’s always nice to meet a new friend.”

“Little soon for that. Let’s say we’re on the way towards it.” Gray answered clearly uncomfortable for some reason.

Kira’s expression dropped as she began to twiddled her thumbs. Tears began to surface on her eyes as she pouted cutely. “Ah, okay. I guess you’re my friend, and I’m not yours yet.”

“That’s never worked on me. I was a cop before and I can tell the difference between manipulative and genuine. Ah there is it… the hidden smirk hidden beneath the frown. I said you are working your way towards it. Friendships are built on trust and hard work. We barely met and have only just started speaking to each other. Trust is earned… never given.” Gray answered… never looking in their direction as his eyes took a thousand yard stare.

Kira pouted, more comically this time. “Hm, well i had to give it a try. You’re pretty mature for a cute pony.” she chuckled.

“I’m twenty six.” Gray deadpanned looking at the young girl.

“Exactly!” She said.

“Well anyways.” Lan interjected. “It is nice to meet another survivor. Mayhaps we can trade stories?”

“I don’t know… You seem a bit boring. She’s at least entertaining. Also the head pats. That’s always a plus. Do you have a good story?” Gray smirked as he pointed at Lan.

Lan smirked. “I may be more interesting than you think.”

“Yeah!” Kira said. “He’s kind of a square, a prude, and really dense. So he has some funny stories. Plus I have stories about him I can tell.”

“Then you can speak about your stories to his detriment since it works out in your favor and make things interesting. Final offer. Take it or leave it.” Gray announced in a commentator’s voice over.

Even after Lan’s protest, his sister and the thestral began to tell stories. Kira mentioned the mess with Sunset and the recent fight against the Dazzlings and their eventual reformation so long as her brother kept it in his pants, to his louder protests. Gray, on the other hoof, as he said it, recalled the fight against Nightmare Moon and nearly dying against her and the Demon Tide heartless. The mention of finding love in six mares was met with Lan trying to poke fun of it like the other two did for him. Gray instead mentioned all the things he did to the detriment of Kira’s innocence and Lan’s frustration.

“You did ask.” Gray bluntly stated.

“That’s quite the tale.” Lan said. “It’s pretty refreshing to hear the story of a survivor who isn’t overpowered like the others.”

“But I don’t get one thing.” Kira asked. “What did the stuff you did with your wings have to do with the story?”

“Ask your brother. He’d love to tell you everything that was mentioned. He’ll answer or your siblings if he doesn’t and you can tell them that he was the one who let you listen to that talk.” Gray chuckled winking one eye at Lan to tease him. “Let me continue my story then.” He continued as Lan glared at him.

There was mention of a grand underwater empire hidden behind a large sea monster that guarded it. The eventual loss of all the survivors and the fight against a true monster who turned into an even dangerous monster. Then there was mention of a grand forest that was almost lost to the darkness and besieged by an owl. When it was said that the owl was a mother who was only protecting her last young and the eventual restoration of the light of the world that put actual tears in Kira’s eyes.

“And that’s all I’ve done so far.” Gray offhandedly stated as if it were no big deal.

“Wow! You’ve been to a lot more worlds than we have. I guess it’s because we never really had a reason to.” Kira pouted.

“Atlantis sounds like a nice place. Too bad it ended that way.” Lan said. “So since you finished your latest adventure, you’re just relaxing now?”

“Well… I am in the dream world. So yeah… probably relaxing.” Gray smirked once again chuckling at the obviousness.

“Okay smartass. Just trying to move the conversation along.” Lan stretched out his arms. “Well it’s about time we took our leave. We’ve taken enough of your time.”

“Plus he’s got a makeup date with his girlfriends who caught him with Adagio” Kira smirked.

He sighed. “Don’t rub it in.”

“Rub it in. Rub it in. Rub it in.” Gray chanted in the background.

Kira and Lan began walking back through the cracked portal, but Kira stopped. “Oh wait!” She ran back up to Gray and held something out to him. It was a card. “It’s Smile Town! I know that we just met and stuff, and we don’t know much about each other, other than what we told. It just looked like you could use a smile.” She smiled at him adorably.

Gray took the card and summoned a book. He tapped it against her head and flew back into the darkness. He waved goodbye and flew back into the shadows.


Lan and Kira walked back into their Dream Field, with the cracked portal closing behind them.

“Well that was interesting. Right bro?” Kira said to her brother.

“He was an interesting fellow. Uncouth and annoying, but one of the more casual meetings we’ve had. Pretty refreshing.” Lan said. Suddenly, the Smile Town Field dissolved around them. “Did you disperse the Field?”

“No, I gave it to Gray. He looked like he could use a little smile.”

Lan eyed her suspiciously, before sighing. “Well I won’t question it. But whatever happens because of it is on you. Not if you’ll excuse me, I have to get ready.” He began walking into the mansion.

“Have fun kissing your girlfriends asses!” Kira yelled with a smirk.

“Laguage!”

Author's Note:

What is up, everyone!

I hope you liked this chapter. this is a long-planned xross between me and QuartzScale and his story Locksmith.

Now this is the last chapter before the new arc starts. The arc where my characters finally go to different worlds. I have a list of worlds and ideas set up for the arc, but I'm still open to ideas. So if you can think of a show that has ties to powers that deal with emotion post it in the comments below. Worlds with villans that use the power of negtive energy, for example.

Like, fav, follow, and all that stuff.

Peace Out!