• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 8,659 Views, 150 Comments

My Little Princesses - Sixpence



'You' find two sopping wet alicorn foals in the woods during a heavy thunderstorm.

  • ...
12
 150
 8,659

Time

Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months. You can’t help but start thinking of the two adorable fillies as your own little girls, and when Luna surprises you by being the first to talk you can’t help but grin as a tear runs down your cheek. “Daddy!” She exclaims as she comes galloping up to you with a shiny rock clutched in her teeth. It has been long since you let them out of the house, the area around it is enclosed completely by the forest, and you’re able to keep an eye on them from the porch as they play around in the large clearing your house rests in.

“Daddy, daddy!” She yells happily while jumping around you in a circle until you pick her up and clutch her to your chest in a hug. Celestia comes running shortly after her sister, and when she sees Luna getting a hug and you with a grin and tears in your eyes she sits down and looks to the side with a huff. “Daddy!” Luna says once more as she nuzzles into your chest, Celestia humphs again and slump a bit, not noticing that you’ve bent down.

She squeals with surprise as you lift her into the air and include her in the hug.

It doesn’t take many more days before a smug looking Celestia trots into the living room where you’re sitting with your favourite book and a glass of juice. Luna zooms past her sister in a blue blur and disappears into the kitchen, you hear the scrabbling of hooves on the slippery tiles followed by a thump. You’re about to get up before you hear a giggle and Luna runs at full speed out of the kitchen and into the dining hall.

Celestia glares after her sister before she approaches you and jumps up into your lap. Once there she places her front hooves on your chest and you see her face contort in concentration. “D...” you hear the sound escape her muzzle, she starts working her lips in an adorable display of concentration. “Da... Dad... daddy!” She grins in triumph and looks up at you searching for approval.

You’re stunned, and she takes your silence as disapproval. Tears form in her eyes and she slumps down from your chest, but just before she’s about to slip completely from your lap you catch her and bring her up so you’re facing her. Her eyes are scrunched shut and tears are dripping down her muzzle and onto your shirt.

You firmly press her down against your chest and stroke her hair and wings. “I’m so proud of you Celly...” Your voice is thick with emotion, and you feel the small white alicorn nuzzle against your chest before looking up at you with a smile.

A few days after finding them you had started calling them by name, hoping that it might spark some form of memory. It didn’t, but you continued calling them Celly and Luna nonetheless.
“Luna!” You call into the dining hall, and soon a small blue blur zips out of the hallway and barely manages to stop before crashing into your legs. She looks up at you with curious eyes and a “Daddy?” before looking to Celestia lying on your chest. The white filly springs into action and while proudly looking at her sister, she exclaims “Daddy!” In confirmation. Luna’s face breaks into a huge grin before she starts jumping around in excitement.

“You know what this calls for?” You ask as you gently place Celestia on the floor with her sister. They both stop and look up at you with confusion apparent in their small faces. “Cake!” You exclaim before striding into the kitchen.

The next few hours is passed with lots of flour and sugar everywhere, but when the oven dings, you pull out a masterwork of a chocolate cake, just like mom used to make it.

A year passes, and you celebrate the anniversary of the day you found them with another homemade cake.

Time continue to pass, and before you know it it has been five years.