• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 8,659 Views, 150 Comments

My Little Princesses - Sixpence



'You' find two sopping wet alicorn foals in the woods during a heavy thunderstorm.

  • ...
12
 150
 8,659

Waking up

The sound of soft coughing wake you up, and you sit up in your chair. You’re careful not to disturb the small bundle sleeping on your chest as you make your way over to the sleeping white form of what can be no pony but Celestia. She’s coughing, her form shudders under your touch, and you place Luna softly on the couch beside her.

With slow movements you unwrap the sleeping alicorn. Her white form is still dirtied with mud except from around the wound you treated. It looks like it is healing well, but her coat is cold to the touch.

As you gently stroke her coat, she stirs. Her head very slowly turns towards you, but stops once a wary eye sees you. The eyes widens, and you feel her tense under your hand.

“Shh. It’s all right. I’m not going to hurt you. You’re safe now.” You murmur gently as you continue to stroke her back with slow tenderness. “No one’s going to hurt you.” Her gaze strayed to the still sleeping form of her sister, who had a small smile on her face, the small part poking out through the towel.

Celestia huffed, and began coughing. Gently I picked her up and cradled her in my arms. “You’re freezing. Let’s get you cleaned up and hopefully get some warmth back in you.” You carry her upstairs to the largest bathroom in the house, the only one with a bathtub. The tub hasn’t been used in years, and there’s a small layer of dust gathered inside.

You place the small filly gently on the bathroom rug. And after using the showerhead to remove the dust, you fill it with just under a foot of hot water. The filly alicorn struggle a bit as you place her into the tub, but she’s too weak to offer much resistance, and you lower her slowly into the warm water.

She immediately melts, and any sign of resistance disappears as the warmth seeps into her bones. A small smile tugs at her mouth and she gives you a grateful look, you can’t help but smile and start picking leaves and small sticks out of her mane. Celestia just sighs and lowers herself far enough into the waters so that only her nose pokes above the surface.

A sudden whine makes her ears perk up and she looks at you with panic written in her features. She tries to scramble out of the tub, but collapses into the water with a whine of her own. You give her a small smile and tell her to stay here before walking downstairs.

On the couch sits a distressed looking blue filly. She looks around fervently until she spots you walking down the stairs. With an adorable flap of her tiny wings she jumps off the couch, lands a bit awkwardly and stumbles a bit before regaining her footing and runs to you. She places her front hooves on your leg and stares pleadingly up at you, wordlessly asking for her sister.

You pick her up and cradle her in your arms before heading back up, into the bathroom.

When you walk into the bathroom it becomes obvious that Celestia has somehow managed to tip the entire jar of bathing soaps, those small round balls, into the bath. Only a slight movement in the bubbles tell you that there’s someone in there.

You set a confused Luna down on the wide edge of the bath and start digging away a bit of the bubbles. After a few seconds you uncover a bit of pink mane, which promptly disappear once again with something that sounds unmistakably like a giggle.

Luna sits on the edge of the bath, switching between batting at the wall of foam and glancing uncertainly at you. Without warning a pair of white hooves shoot up out of the bubbles and with a yelp the blue alicorn filly disappear into the impenetrable wall of lavender-smelling foam.

With a laugh of your own you start digging away the bubbles, but as soon as you catch a glimpse of either blue or pink mane they disappear without a trace. With a mischievous smirk you withdraw from the foamy sea of bubbles. You can hear the sound of muffled hooves against the metal tub accompanied by giggling.

You turn the water back on, but change the flow to go through the showerhead instead. Soon you have two grinning, and a lot cleaner fillies sitting in waist deep water that has been colored slightly brown by their dirt.

“All right you two. Lets get you dried up.” With that said, you pull out the plug on the tub and place a large towel on the floor before fetching the hair dryer.