• Published 20th Feb 2017
  • 1,068 Views, 14 Comments

Lyra and The Doctor - Silver Inkwell



When Lyra Heartstrings meets the Doctor; Chaos and Adventure ensue naturally enough of course.

  • ...
2
 14
 1,068

The Angels of Equestria

The Angels of Equestria

“Stop, look around you, now listen, are you safe, are you secure yet?

No? Yes? Well then, no matter your response I can continue nevertheless.

If you are safe, sound, and secure, that is always a very good thing, if you’re not then just run instead. Now then since I have taken care of that and it’s out of the way let’s go on. Statues, they’re everywhere, but there is only one living species, one alien life form that can take their forms and shapes, they’re called the Weeping Angels because once they see something living they can’t move, and luckily enough for us it’s just a natural built in instinctual survival urge.

So long as you don’t blink you’ll be just fine, okay, understand this? Good then.

Weeping Angels can be found anywhere and almost just about everywhere if you’re not careful enough to look where you’re going. If you do see an angel then always look it in the eyes and whatever you do, don’t ever blink.”

The Doctor and Lyra landed in a very cold dark graveyard.

“Well, the human world was a fail for now and going to Xatarx has taken a toll on me far greater than I could have ever possibly imagined. I mean I never knew that the Xatarians could ever possibly be that angry at us.”

“Don’t you mean you since you were the one that agreed to be one’s bride?”

“Well technically yes.”

“Well you’re very lucky to have me get you out of this one this time.”

“Yeah, I guess so, but I could have handled it just fine on my own.”

“Yeah, sure thing, right,” she said very slowly drawing out each word.

“I could have, I mean do you doubt me?”

“Yes, I do, Doctor.”

“Wait, stop, do you feel lie something’s off right now?”

“No Doctor, I don’t see anything off or odd at all, we’re just in a graveyard,”

“That’s precisely exactly what I expected you to say, but just take a moment and think, what don’t you see, what don’t you hear, what isn’t there anymore?”

“Uh, well I don’t hear any animals or creatures out there, including the crickets,”

“Yes, that’s a good start, but keep going because there’s still more that’s left,” he said. “Doctor? Was that statue always this close to us or-,”

“You’re not imagining it, so don’t worry about that, you haven’t quite gotten to my point and level of craziness,” he said, “Now then, I want you to keep looking at the statue and whatever you do don’t blink and never take your eyes off of it even for a second, do you understand me?” he said. “Yeah, sure thing Doctor, but what happens if I do take my eyes off of it even for a second, what then?”

“Well, it would start to move and I really don’t want that right now, so please, whatever you do, don’t blink and always keep your eyes on it as well too.”

“Doctor, I’m scared,” she said. “Yeah, I know that, let me just try to figure a way out of this one,” he said looking all around him, “Okay, so I count at least one where you are, and there must be four for the corner and they would be stupid not to have eight around us at the very least so I would say that we’re surrounded by about a dozen or so, maybe more, well probably more if they’re smart enough. Anyhow that definitely would give them the advantage if I was just a regular normal ordinary human or pony, but I’m not, I’m the Doctor and I always manage to find a way to get to the advantage point and level before they have or will.”

“What are they Doctor? Please tell me what they are first exactly.”

“They’re called the weeping angels, they will only move if they can’t be seen, it’s a built in natural defense mechanism and system of nature for them, but when they’re not seen they’re one of the fastest things that’s out there, even just a blink will allow them to move, so whatever you do, don’t blink.”

“Well what are they? Where do they come from?”

“Very little is known about them, but they are very deadly assassins that are just about as the universe itself, other than that I don’t really know that much.”

“Okay then, so how do we defeat them then?”

“We will run away of course, what else are we to do? After all, you can’t exactly kill something that has flesh of stone, it’s practically almost impossible.”

“So how are we going to escape them then?”

“We’re going to keep our eyes on them and slowly walk back to the Tardis,” he said. They tried to, but found it completely surrounded by the weeping angels.

“Okay then, scratch plan A, time for plan B instead,” he said. “Wait, what’s plan B?” she said. “Oh, that’s the one where we run into the weeping angels.”

“WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZY?” she shouted out very loudly now then. “Crazy is my middle name, come on, let’s just keep our eyes on the weeping angels until we can finally leave this graveyard and get to somewhere much safer instead, but as to where that will be or is, well let’s just hope that we will find out before anything else that’s very bad happens to us, okay then?” he said.

And with that said they slowly walked forwards making sure to keep their eyes always focused and fixed upon the angels at all times.

“Don’t blink, keep your eyes focused and fixed at all times,” the Doctor said.

“I’m not, just trust me on this, please,” she said. “I know, it’s just that whatever else you do, just don’t blink,” he said. Eventually they finally got to the very end of the graveyard and got out of it. “Okay then, now where do we go?”

“I have a few ideas, just follow me, okay then?” he said.

Lyra did so, and they slowly went into Twilight’s treehouse.

“We should be safe for here for right now, unless they’ve spread out of course.”

“Doctor? What are we going to do now? We can’t stay in here forever.”

“Well why not? Ah never mind answering that question, you’re right of course, we can’t stay here forever, we will need to get back to the Tardis eventually.”

“Well what do you suggest that we do then?”

“We will wait here until they leave or things calm down, we will just wait.”

“Is that all that you can really think up of? Just waiting here instead?”

“Yes, indeed, we will wait, we must wait,” he said. “So then, why are the weeping angels here exactly? Do you know?” she said. “Whatever they’re here for, whatever their goal is, whatever their quest, it’s not going to be very good, I can guarantee you that much, I don’t know why they’re here, how they got here, or how they could find me again, but then again, all my enemies have an annoying thing and tendency to do that no matter when or where I try to go, no matter how hard I might try I can’t ever seem to lose track or sight of them either.”

“Does it get lonely?” she said. “What?” he said. “Exploring time and space, does it ever get lonely all by yourself not ever really knowing how old you are exactly?”

“All the time, every day, that’s why I have you and other companions, you’re the ones that can keep me reasonably sane while I try to keep you, them, and the whole entire world safe too as well, each day the pain never ends, each day I hear the echoes and shadows of the past, each day I can’t ever make it go away.”

“Oh, that’s so sad,” she said. “To some and many, or so I guess, but come now, I think that I have an idea of how to get rid of the angels,” he said taking out his sonic screwdriver, “They probably want me, and I’m going to give them me.”

Suddenly the Tardis slowly started to whir inside the castle, “When have you had the ability to call the Tardis to you?” she shouted. “I honestly really don’t know, but I have a plan to stop the weeping angels, because if they look at each other then they’ll always be stuck and frozen just like the way they are.”

“And how do you plan to do that though exactly?”

“It’s very simple and easy, a maze of mirrors of course!”

“Yes, of course,” she said. And with that said they went inside.

“So, what are we going to do then?”

“We’ll lead them into a maze of mirrors if they want to get us, and I just have exactly the right perfect idea of where we can go to find one,” he said.

And with that said they suddenly landed in an empty carnival.

“They’ll eventually figure out that we’re here, and once they do they will come.”

“And what do we do then?” she said. “Well, we run into the maze of mirrors of course, and we get them to stare at themselves, and then once that’s done we’ll seal this off so that no pony else can ever come here again so that way they’ll always be safe, secure, and sound too as well of course,” he said.

They waited and soon enough the weeping angels did come to them.

“Ah yes, here we go, come and get us darlings,” he said.

And with that said they rushed inside the maze until each and every single one of the angels was completely frozen staring at themselves.

“Ah yes, we did good here, come on now Lyra, our next adventure is waiting for us!” the Doctor shouted out. “Wait, shouldn’t we seal this up first though?”

“I’m sure that our friends at Darkwood will take care of that and this for us, come on now, don’t just stand there all day, we have a whole lot more to go and see.”

“Yeah, I know, I just don’t really feel comfortable leaving here like this.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it, they won't ever come alive again even if some pony did happen to stumble across this place accidentally, the location and area is very remote so there is nothing to worry about, so come on, just hop on.”

“Okay then Doctor, as you wish,” she said hopping into the Tardis as they slowly whirred away. But little did they know that some pony else had been watching them the whole entire time and recording everything that had happened.

“Yes sir, he’s the one, I’m sure of it,” a strange and mysterious hooded figured of a pony said to another. “Very good then, you have done very well, keep recording the Doctor and all of his activities and then I will eventually finally decide when it is the very best time for him to come and meet me.”

The pony nodded and slowly went away as the other one slowly smiled.