• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 387 Views, 0 Comments

Golden Soul - Inactive Pone



When an anonymous man entered the pony world, ponies started going missing. Can Frisk uncover the mystery?

  • ...
 0
 387

Chapter 9: Memory

It was a bright sunny day for a new school year. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming, just a very nice day for another school year to start in Britannica. Frisk was still only 2nd grade back then. The young little girl was normally going to school again. Her brother was still five at the time, so she was on her own.

'It's the start of a brand new school year, my child,' Chara told her daughter.

Frisk smiled. 'I can't wait to go back there again, I have quite a lot of friends I want to meet.'

As she got to the school, Chara kissed her goodbye and she went to her new classroom and waited patiently for her new classmates to come. Her class was going to change, and not many friends she knew last year showed up. Though, some were in her class.

'(Sigh) Not many friends I knew are in my class, huh?' She sighed.

As the bell rang, and the teacher came in, she had some words to say, and then she introduced to a new student that joined the school starting from this year.

'Alright class, I forgot to mention: Your class is lucky because you all will have a new student of our school that just transferred here!' She explained. 'You may come in now,' She called out to someone outside.

The boy came into the classroom and introduced himself as Felix. He was very charming and kind. However, some classmates laughed at him because he looked a bit awkward and he was very nervous when he was talking.

'Be nice to him, he just came here,' The teacher warned. 'So, Felix, you'll be sitting over there, right next to the girl in this group.'

He nodded and went over to where Frisk was sitting. Frisk looked at him and smiled.


During recess, some were out and about in the school playground, while some stayed in the classroom.

'(Sigh) Wow, bullied on the first day of school here, so much for trying to make friends with my classmates.' Felix muttered to himself.

Frisk went over to him. 'Hey, what's the matter?'

'Friends are difficult to find... Especially because of my secret.' He replied.

Frisk was curious but didn't want to bother him. 'Don't worry, I'll be your friend.'

'Thanks, what's your name?'

'I'm Frisk Dreemur. You are Felix, right?' She held out her hand.

'(Chuckles) Nice to meet you, Frisk.' He said, taking her hand and shared a handshake with her.

All of a sudden, the others saw what was going on.

'(Squeals) Frisk and Felix, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!' One of the boys laughed. The others laughed as well.

'(Sigh) Why are we so unlucky with classmates?' She asked.

'I don't know... But we'll work past it.' Felix replied kindly.


And thus dawned a new friendship between the two kids. They had their differences, but soon they learn to work past them. Funny enough, they were always in the same class for the next few years and usually sat in the same group, or even right next to each other. Even when Frisk's passion for fighting started, Felix was surprisingly okay with her being a bit aggressive.

Their friendship only drew closer when Felix decided to take a risky move one night. He wanted to sneak into her house and have a sleepover with her.

Frisk was getting ready for bed, after her practice session. When she was asleep for about an hour or so, she heard the door creak open.

'What was that?' She opened her eyes and looked around.

Someone came from behind the door.

'Oh, Felix? What're you doing here?' Frisk was confused.

He looked a bit embarrassed. '(Giggles) I just felt like having someone to snuggle with... Do you mind?'

Her face immediately turned red. 'Oh, uh... (Giggles) Don't worry, it's okay. Just... make sure you leave earlier so they won't be suspicious.'

When he got on the bed, the two had a little chat.

'Well, I kinda have a reason to why I wanted to sleep with you all of a sudden.' He said.

'What is it?'

'The truth is... You know that evil emperor? I'm his son.'

Frisk gasped. 'What!? How is that possible?'

'I knew if I told anyone about it, they will try to stay away as much as possible. Seeing we have been friends for quite a while, I decided to tell you about it. But don't tell this to anyone, okay?' Felix confessed. His friend nodded her head. 'Good. Before all of this happened, I looked up to my father. I studied magic with him, he taught me everything. But then, one fateful day, he declared war on our previous ruler, Zebulon. As soon I knew about it, I was very angry and I opposed of my father's actions. After he won, I was furious. I kept running away from him and told everyone that has seen me to not tell him that I am still alive. That is why I've actually been going around some of my new friends' homes having sleepovers with them and stuff.'

'So... You never saw your father again? That's a little going overboard, don't you think?' Frisk asked.

Felix shook his head. 'I don't really know. I still love my father but... I hate how he ruled this place after he won the war. He didn't even tell me exactly why he wanted to overthrow the other one in the first place! Now I am kind of stuck in between, part of me hates him and part of me loves him. What can I do?'

Frisk put her arm around her friend. 'Don't worry, someday it'll be alright. And also... Look at the friends you've made since you came here! I am still around to keep you company, you can turn to me about your problems, you can trust me. You have certainly changed a lot, and I think you did quite a good job of hiding your past.'

'Oh, th-thanks. I really appreciate it, Frisk,' He stuttered.

'(Yawn) Good thing the next day is a weekend. Anyway, it's getting late, goodnight for now,' She said.

Felix went closer to her, feeling very shy and embarrassed.

'Hey... Frisk?' He asked.

'Yeah? What is it?'

As soon Frisk turned around, Felix accidentally kissed her on the lips.

'Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to kiss you there!' He was covering his face.

Frisk grinned and had a little giggle. 'Aw, Felix... Don't be shy, come here.'

She went closer to him and hugged him. Then he hugged back as well. Both friends were smiling as they slept together.


It was now the end of their last year in the school they were studying in. They grew up pretty fast, and time flew like an arrow. Now, they are going to apart for quite some time, or maybe they may never see each other again after their graduation. Frisk was walking out of the school for the last time when Felix rushed over.

'Hey, Frisk! Wait for me!' He said, panting as he came to her.

'Well... Time really flies, doesn't it? It's the end now.' She smiled.

He had a tear in his eye, but he smiled anyway. 'Yeah, it really does go by fast. But... I guess this is goodbye, my best friend. I... I will surely miss the times we had together when you're not with me.'

'We'll keep in touch, won't we? That way, we can still talk to each other even if we're far away.' Frisk comforted. Then, the two exchanged their contact information, and their last conversation is coming to a close when Frisk's mom came over with Asriel. She went to pick him up from school.

'Frisk, are you going to join us back home?' Chara asked.

'I'll catch up later, mom. You guys can go first,' She replied.

As they left, she turned to her friend again.

'I guess I better go now.'

'Come on, Frisk... You know you don't want to leave me just yet,' Felix giggled.

She sighed. 'I know. You're my best friend. And... to see you won't be with me for the next few years... I'll be a bit alone, to be honest. But, we can't prevent it from happening, now can we? So... I wish you the best of luck, Felix. Just remember: You're always in my heart.' She then lightly kissed Felix's cheek and hugged him with tears flowing out her eyes.

'(Chuckles) I don't want to leave you... But, I'll be okay. Don't worry about me.' He said.

After that, they let go and it was time to say farewell.

'Well, make sure to keep in touch, Felix. I guess I'll see you around someday.' She turned around and went back home.

'Goodbye, Frisk! I will always remember and miss you!' He cried, walking the opposite direction.


As Frisk caught up to her mom and her brother, she was feeling a bit sad.

'Dear Frisk, what's the matter?' Chara asked.

'(Sigh) I wonder... When will I see him again?' She replied.

Asriel patted her on the shoulder. 'Don't worry, Frisk. He'll be alright. Also, you're never alone, I'm still here for you, don't you remember?'

They both put their arms around each other and smiled.

'I guess I'll have to agree. We're not only siblings, we can be friends too.' She answered. The three continued to chat and laugh as they went back home.


After they went their ways, they never knew each other again until the fall of Gromiz. When Felix knew about the news of his father dying, he was the only one in the midst of the cheering crowd that was shedding tears. He knew he would never see him again.

'Oh, why... Why would my best friend kill him? She told me everything will be alright soon... But this was her way of making that happen? Really!?' He cried. He put his hands in front of his heart. 'Father... I will avenge you. And Frisk... no matter where you are, I'll find you, and you will pay for what you have done!'

Many years later, he got both age spell treatments, so he was locked at the age of 27, 4 years after Frisk got the spell done on her. When he was almost done preparing himself to take his revenge on his friend, it was about the same time the pony war was declared. It was then, he realized his father's true intention of waging the war he won: He wanted to save the country from the evil emperor. However, after he obtained the country, his greed for power grew. That's why what he originally intended had taken such a sharp turn.

'Oh... Maybe this is why he wanted to wage that war... I misunderstood him.' Felix thought. 'Maybe... I should help her then?'

Frisk didn't know that all along, Felix was helping her in her conquest to take back everything the ponies lost. But, Frisk never noticed him. Not even in the final battle. That's right, the person who actually backfired Zebulon's attack at the end, wasn't Frisk, it was Felix. However, Frisk stole the spotlight from him once again. After the war ended, he was much more furious than he had ever been. He actually did a lot on winning this war for Frisk's side, but he never got noticed or anything.

'What I did... Was it not necessary?' He thought. 'Would they have won anyway if I didn't help? I can't believe my friend had harmed my feelings so many times... Why? Just... why!? Why did I even try!?'

Suddenly, dark magic was warping around him in the open area he was standing in. He suffered a lot of pain, but as soon he transformed into the dark version of himself, his thoughts immediately changed. He adapted to the idea of 'Kill or be killed'. He started killing everyone. Even Frisk's friends. He slaughtered everyone that tried to stop him. Hundreds or even thousands of souls were gathered by him, and he used them just to get more power for himself.

Just thinking about all of that... It was enough to make him cry...

Author's Note:

Chapter 7: One reference:

1.The song was Asgore's theme, with some lyrics changed.

Chapter 8: Three references:

1.The first song was Hopes and Dreams, again with lyrics changed.
2.The second song was Your Best Nightmare from Undertale, and I only picked the good part because the other part was terrible XD
3.When Dreamlight's friends talk to her, it was a reference to the same scene from Legend Of Everfree.

Chapter 9: No references surprisingly!