• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 586 Views, 15 Comments

Bridle City Port - Magi Tail Welkin



The Star Ponies are the power behind the docks and waterways that make up Bridle City Port.

  • ...
 15
 586

Chapter 2: Pirate

Some weeks after Sunshine joined the Star Ponies Wagon Company Ten Bits arrived in the reaction room tired and by himself after a busy day's work. Captain Star walked out of his office "Ten Bits a word please?", the young Earth Pony walked in "What do you want Captain?"

Captain Star chuckled "It's only us here you don't need to be formal."

"Sorry Dad," Ten Bits said rubbed the back of his neck "force of habit since working here, anyway what's up?"

"Don't be mad my boy but there's one last job left for today." He pulled out a letter from Lucky's Yard "The engineering part for Scuttlebutt Pete are ready for tomorrow's repair work."

"The Dredger pony? But Dad the Z Manes are working on that job, why did I have to bring them?"

"Because both Lucky's and the Dredger company would prefer the parts to get to Scuttlebutt without any mishap."

"Alright Dad," Ten Bits said sagging a little before walking out.


Zip and Zug sat on the quay near to where the dredgers worked clearing unwanted debris and muck from the seabed.

A clopping sound took their attention and Zug looked to the source "Hey up Zip, look with the manticore's dragged in, goody-two horseshoes."

"Ahoy Zug," Ten Bits called pulling a wagon full of machine part "where do you want this wagon for the engineers?"

"Too late for today mate."

"Too late? You don't need them till tomorrow."

"We might have." Zip said, Zug continued "No point now, it'll be dark soon."

"Don't bug me," Ten Bits said "I've had a busy day, now where do you want this?"

The Z Manes Earth Pony looked at each other smirking "Really eager Zip, isn't he?" laughed Zug, Zip responded "Well got a reputation to live up to Zug, one of the best Ponies in the harbour.", Ten Bits face conveyed his annoyance.

"Yawn, yawn," Zug said "all work and no play makes Ten Bits and dull colt."

"Look," Ten Bits said trying to hide his fed-up state "you want this or do I take this back?"

"Put it somewhere on the old quay, if you not too worn out.", Ten Bits quickly pulled his load away as the two red Earth Ponies laughed.
Ten Bit stopped beside an old warehouse, derelict, moulding and splintered, very few ponies ever came near it. 'Alright, this old tub of machine guts can settle here for the night.' Ten Bits thought relieved, a creaking sound came from the warehouse catching the young Earth Ponies attention "Hello?" he looked up "Who's there?" he saw something move inside, it looked like Pony "Oi is that you Sunshine? Big Jock? Well say something whoever you are.", no response, Ten Bits shook his head 'I'm hearing things.'

"Hold up Ten Bits." Said a voice, Ten Bits looked to his right as Sunshine trotted up beside him, Ten Bits looked slightly annoyed "Sunshine it was you, now why didn't you answer?"

"Why didn't I what?"

"In there, I called."

"I wasn't in there, beside I didn't hear you. You heading home?", Ten Bits still looked at the warehouse confused, only partly catching what his friend said "What? Oh, yeah come on I must be tired.", they were just about to walk off when a small grey Pegasus flew passed, a dolphin and a pair of binoculars as his cutie mark, Grampus, he worked for the Royal Equestrian Navy as a surveillance and espionage pony thanks to his wings and small size, smaller then Sunshine in fact, almost the size of a foal. His personal passion was to observe dolphins and other sea mammals. However, he was also plagued with a problem where would spray saliva when he spoke. He greeted the two Earth Ponies as he passed "Night Ten Bits, night Sunshine."

"Night Grampus." They both said before walking to the Star Building.


The night came with fog and in the fog, came a thief, a black stallion with an eyepatch. He walked along the quay keeping his sounds to a minimum.

Presently he came across the wagon Ten Bits left "Ah ha, this looks like what I'm after, engineering parts." Unseen and unheard the stranger hitched himself to Ten Bits' wagon and slid into the mist.


Next morning, right after first light Zip and Zug walked to the old warehouse, Zug looked around the area "Hey where is it? I told Ten Bits to leave that wagon here Zip."

"Somewhere on the old quay you said Zug, you're very words.", Zug groaned "Always said Star Ponies could be relied on.", Zip grinned "Oh he'll get it from Captain Star." And Zug chuckled "He will when I tell him, lets land him right in it." And the two galloped off towards the Star Building.
Just outside the Star Building the three Earth Ponies met, Zug called to Ten Bits "Hey you."

"What do you want?"

"A word."

"Captain Star wants to see me.", Zug continued "We want to see him as well, you didn't deliver our wagon.", Ten Bits narrowed his eyes "Course I did.", Zip spoke next "Well it's not where it should be.", Zug nodded "And we'll get the blame."

"But I delivered it," Ten Bits protested "Yeah, I delivered it by the old quay, you saw me, so did Sunshine and Grampus."

"Not there now." Zug stated, Ten Bits eyes narrowed again "You moved it to wind me up.", Zip grew angry "You have double-crossed us!", Ten Bits became angered himself "I did not you take that back.", Zip began to fluster and stuttered an apology before Captain Star walked out of the Star Building and stood between the two "What's happening here?", all three Ponies went feeble.

Zug spoke "Captain Star sir, Ten Bits didn't deliver our wagon last night and…"

"I did." Ten Bits said firmly putting his hoof down "You know I did."

"You did not." Zug snapped back "It's not there anymore."

"Alright." Captain Star shouted "that's enough." He took a deep breath in and looked between the Star Pony and Z Manes "I've already had a complaint from the clients." He turned to the Z Mane pair "Now on your way.", the pair grinned, Zip nodded "Right sir", Zug turned to the young light blue Earth Pony "Have a nice day Ten Bits." And they left.

Ten Bits looked agape as they left.

"Ten Bits." Captain Star said, the Earth Pony paled and looked up at his Unicorn father who spoke "We need to talk in private."

They entered the office and Captain Star shut the door, he sighed and turned to the teenager colt "I don't expect slip ups like this from you Ten Bits, the owners of the dredgers claim their wagon is missing, never delivered."

"But Dad it's not true, it was my last job of the day, it was."

"Ten Bits, on a matter of business and reputation I have to take the clients word.”

"Dad, please at least let me…"

"No," the Captain shut his eyes and looked away his head low "I'm putting you on dredger detail, with Scuttlebutt Pete."

"But Dad."

"Ten Bits," the Captain opened his eye and stood straight like an officer "Go." He ordered. Ten Bits hung his head low and slowly walked out. The door shut behind him and Captain Star slumped down onto the floor.

Scuttlebutt Pete sat at the controls of his clanking dredger as Ten Bits slowly trudged up, "Hi Scuttlebutt.", the gossipy pony spoke "You look gloomy this morning Ten Bits, what's up?"

"Nothing…"

"I hear you lost a wagon."

"You would be the first to know."

"It's no secret, talk of the harbour."

"It's bound to be once you know.", a shadow came over them and Grampus landed "I've heard a rumour." He said.

"Grampus?" Ten Bits said with some hope "What do you know about it?"

"Well you've lost a wagon.", Ten Bits looked to the dredger pony "Don't waste time do you Scuttlebutt?", Sunshine appeared beside Ten Bits "Aye, rumours are his speciality."

"I'm only trying to help," Scuttlebutt said "the more who know about it the sooner you'll be in the clear."

"I am in the clear," Ten Bits snapped "get that clear!"

Just as Ten Bits said those words Zebedee and Zak passed, Zebedee called over "Naughty, naughty, temper, temper.", then Zak continue waggling his cigar "Loose his head it's it wasn't screwed on." As they laughed Ten Bits groaned "One of these days."

"Leave them Ten Bits." Sunshine said "Captain Star's got another job for you."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I don't think you're going to like it, more work with the Z Manes."

"Oh, that's all I need."

Zebedee, a large light red Pegasus, with a light grey mane watched as Ten Bits harnessed himself to the wagon "Now you do know what to do with that lot, don't you?"

Zak spoke next "He takes it somewhere and it disappears.", Zebedee nodded "You can make a fortune selling wagon loads on the side."

Ten Bits gritted his teeth at the two talk like he wasn't there "You saying I'm a crook?", Zak responded "Wasn't talking about you, were we Zeb?"

"Didn't mention his name Zak.". the other Z Mane agreed, Zak put his cigar to his mouth "Strange how ordinary ponies can suddenly turn criminal Zeb."

"It's the evil inside them, suddenly it comes out Zak.", Ten Bits grew very annoyed "Yeah you two would know all about that wouldn't you Zak.", Zebedee scoffed "And they can't take a joke neither, you notice that Zak?", the two-started laughing as Ten Bits pulled the wagon load away grumbling "It's no joke," he yelled back "Get that straight."


In his office, Captain Star looked worried, he paced back and forth 'This isn't like Ten Bits, I raised him to be an upstanding, loyal and honest colt, something else must be happening, but what?' He looked at the picture on his desk, himself with his sadly late wife Silver Crown and Ten Bits only a few moments old, not long after the picture was taking was Silver Crown taken herself. Tears formed in his eyes 'Ten Bits, your mother would have loved you, which is why I have to love you for the both of us, please say this isn't so.'

The Captain wasn't the only one worried.

Grampus rested on his bed with his hoof to his ears, the Navy had been so kind in suppling him an apartment right neck to the Bridge Café, true he could get a good meal, but it also meant he suffered the local jazz band playing once or twice a week, and they decide to be very load that night.

Grampus decided to explore the harbour, he opened his window and flew out into the misty night. He hoped he could find something to clear Ten Bits’ name.

'Boy it's creepy round here at night.', some movement caught his eye and he swooped in and someone shouted "Avast you, get out of it", quickly Grampus flapped his wing hard and flew straight up and onto a cloud, he wiped the sweat off his brow 'Phew, that was too close', he looked down seeing the black stallion with the wagon 'That looks like one of Ten Bits’ wagon, where's the thief taking it?' he kept up high in the sky, but with the mist, his small wings and almost camouflaged look of the thief Grampus couldn't find him.

Meanwhile the thief swiftly made other wagons, Star Pony and Z Mane deliveries a like, disappear.


Next morning much to the surprise of everyone the Z Manes and Star Ponies all sat in the reaction room of the Star Building. In the office, the two Captains discussed matters.

Ten Bits sat in the corner far away from the Z Manes.

Top Hat who stood firmly in the middle of the room, trying to be the literal centre of attention got fed up "I say what's this all about? Star Ponies and Z Manes working together whatever next?", Zorran grumbled in agreement "We're wasting time."

The door of the office opened and the two Captain walked out, Captain Star order "Silence!", however Zorran wouldn't comply "Ten Bits’ wagons are the only ones gone.", Zug nodded and turned to Zip "Yeah, bet he knows what it's about.", Zip nodded "Him stealing wagons that's what."
Big Jock stared the two red Earth Ponies down "Cut that out about Ten Bits, he's been here all night.", Warrior joined Big Jock "Yeah watch it.", the two Z Manes starting backing up stuttering.

"I said silence!" Captain Star shouted, he calmed down somewhat "Captain Zero and me have had a meeting. Missing wagons is a serious situation. We're going to get to the bottom it, understand?" he turned to his counterpart and nodded.

Captain Zero spoke "I have a scheme to catch this pirate.", as the ponies started grumbling Top Hat scoffed "I expect he knows several."

"Aye," Big Jock muttered "takes a crook to a catch a crook.", Zorran turned around "What are you suggesting?"

"Quiet!" Captain Star ordered "We've decided to set a trap.", Captain Zero continued "Certain wagon are being rigged with flares that will be trigged if the wagons are ever touched, never mind stolen.", Captain Star took up the line of thought "So this is the plan, tonight you'll all be out in pairs maintaining silence, keep your eyes open…"

Unknown to the other Grampus searched the area he lost the thief the night before.

'I got as far as here.' He looked around seeing several buildings, then saw one ‘What about that old warehouse?' this warehouse in question was connected to a building leading to the water 'It's possible,' he thought 'hasn't been used for years.' He landed on the roof and found a large hole and he peered in.

One pony stood in the light, the thief, the black stallion with the eyepatch, however Grampus notice movement in the shadows and voice spoke "You done very well so far patchy, but we figure you still owe us.", Grampus's eye widened at the high-pitched buzzing voice and the faint green glow 'A Chrysalis Changeling! And he said we, there's more of them.'

While most Changelings choose to embrace the philosophy of the recently ascended and enthroned King Thorax, there did exist a small number of unreformed Changelings still holding out the mentality of the deposed, escaped and criminal Queen Chrysalis.

"You going back on you word!" the thief said "You said that was the last wagon."

From the shadows another Changeling spoke "Changed our minds see, it's one more wagon, get it tonight or it's goodbye to him, Davy Jones's Locker on the seabed.", Grampus looked to his left seeing an elderly pony in a cage and chained up tight in heavy chains, the cage sat on a hinged platform over the water, with both the cage and the chains there would be no way for him to escape if the Changelings decided to dunk him in the salty water.

Grampus then saw a reasonable large boat filled with the loads from the stolen wagons. The Criminal Changelings addressed the stallion "Do as we say or else.”

"It's getting too risky." The stallion protested.

"One more I said. Tonight.", the old pony called "Don't do it."

"I've got to haven't I. You promise tonight will be the last?", the Changelings didn't answer, they merely stated "Deliver or he sinks." And with that the pair flew into the cocoons hanging from the ceiling.

The stallion turned to the old pony "You alright? Not hurt, are you?"

"I'm okay, but don't do it, it's wrong."

"I can't leave you with them old gent, families got to stick together, tonight will be the end of it."

Grampus flapped his wings and quickly left 'Oh dear, this is a sad state of affairs.’


When night fell the Star's and Z Mane's plan was put into action.

Top Hat finished pulling the wagon into his assigned watch position and he set the flare 'Dash good idea this, load in place, flare set to go off.' He eyebrows frowned 'Now I thought we were going to be in pairs.' He heard fast trotting and used his magic to give him some light, however when he saw who came he looked up to the sky 'Oh Luna not Warrior!'

"This is our post Top Hat." The Earth Pony said before bumping into a lamppost.

Top Hat looked at his team member annoyed "Of all the ponies in this endeavour I get the clumsiest."

"Be great if you and I caught him?", the Unicorn sighed "How frilling, how absolutely frilling." He placed his hoof on the bridge of his noise and took a deep breath before speaking again "Now pay attention Warrior, this is a war time situation, now I've mustered up my cunning, my sense of tactical advantage." He pointed to a shadowy area with clear view of the wagon "Now back there.", Warrior looked at him confused "What's that then, tactical?"

"It means thinking strategically."

"What's that then," he tried to pronounce strategical, but failed substituting it for "What you said?"

Top Hat groaned and rolled his eyes "Tactical you dummy.", Warrior looked off saying "Tactical, strategical.", Top Hat face hoofed and muttered "Celestia give me strength." He backed into another shadowy area giving him the view of what was behind Warrior "Positions Warrior. At the double!"

Warrior walked back into the area Top Hat pointed to and quietly spoke "This is a nice tactical spot, quite," he tried to say strategical again but failed before saying "quite good hey?"


Sunshine looked to the mopping Ten Bits "Hay cheer up Ten Bits, I know you had nothing to do with the missing wagons, Zip and Zug are trying to make something of it that's all, making themselves seem important, their just idiots."

"Yeah, thanks Sunshine, it makes me angry, not being able to prove it."

"I'm sure Captain Star believes you," Ten Bits glanced away towards the Star Building as the small unicorn continued "And don't pay any attention to the Z Manes, their troublemakers rubbing you the wrong way."

"I don't care about them, it our gang, they can't be sure it's not me."

"Well we'll catch the thief tonight with any luck."

"Yeah, we might, we might not, but if we do I'll skin that pirate.", Sunshine turned hearing something "What's that?", Ten Bits turned and grew annoyed "What's Grampus doing here, he'll give us away. Grampus get out of here." The teenage Earth Pony said as the small Pegasus landed beside them. Sunshine nodded and whispered "We're laying a trap for the thief."

"That's why I come to see you," Grampus said panting "I've been trying to find you for ages."

"Hey what do you know? Where the missing wagons are?"

"I've been there, seen them."

"Well," Ten Bits said narrowing his eyes "let's get this pirate. He'll be sorry he crossed me I can tell you…"

"Just a minute Ten Bits." Grampus said hold his hoof up "It's a bit complicated."

"But I want him now, to prove it's not me."

"Will you listen a minute?" Grampus snapped "Your pirate is an Earth Pony and he's being used by a pair of Chrysalis Changelings.", the two Star Ponies looked at the Naval Pony.

"Changelings!" Sunshine exclaimed "Why didn't you tell the police?"

"I tried but they didn't believe me, said Bridle City's never had Changelings before, anyway this is what I found out…"


Close by, within eye line, but out of earshot Zip and Zug untied their yokes and set the flare.

Zug walking into a small hut and spoke to Zip "I'll stay back here out of sight; you keep a look out upfront." And he shut the door.

The light red Earth Pony looked around frantically "Why do I need to be upfront? It's scary, I feel vulnerable," he turned to the window of the shed "You come here I'll come there."

"Oh no," Zug's muffled response came "you'd be much worse off in here, better there believe me."

"Is it really bad over there?"

"Honestly Zip would I lie to you? Now would I?", Zip walked up to the window and looked inside. Zug flinched before backing into the corner and shook sacredly saying "Oh no! Please Mister Pirate I don't mean no harm!", Zip spoke "No, don't be alarmed Zug it's me Zip."

"Stupid!" Zug got up and peered at him through the window "Captain Zero said we're not to move, you nearly scared me.", Zip raised an eyebrow "If that nearly I'd hate to you really scared."

"Get to your post!"

"I only want to see if it was better in there."

"Well it isn't. Stay there and shut up!"


"…and the stallion is being forced against his will." Grampus finished, he then explained about the old pony.

Sunshine scrubbed his face "What do we do?"

Ten Bits answered "Get to the thief before the others, no time to explain to them."

"Your right," Grampus said "follow me." He turned around and walk in the direction of the old warehouse.

Zip turned and his eyes widened, he looked to the shed "Zug."

"Quiet, you'll give us away."

"Ten Bits and Sunshine are leaving their post."

The door opened and a surprised Zug peered out "What?"

"Look.", Zug peered into the mist coming seeing the two Star Ponies walked pass "You're right, Ten Bits must be up to something, I knew he shouldn't be trusted." He started to walk in the direction the two Star Ponies went "Come on.", Zip followed as they entered the fog, Zug groaned "Can't see them through the mist," he glanced back at Zip "Stay close or I leave you behind."

"Oh, thanks pal." Zip said "Thanks very much indeed."


The Changelings left their cocoon and travel around the port, disguising themselves as other ponies. They began to lay the foundations of their escape.

They knocked on Lillie Lampard's door, she opened it see two inspectors. She welcomed them in a little surprised at how late at night they decided to do this, but she got knocked out tied and locked in her bedroom. The pair then switched the lighthouse off.

The flew over belly buoys and muffled them up so they made no sound as they left on the boat with the stolen items.

What they planned to do with the old pony remained unknown.

Ten Bits, Sunshine and Grampus stood close by the old warehouse, they saw the villains return and prepared to spring a trap on the thief.
Close by the stallion with the eyepatch searched through the fog and began to worried 'No much here tonight, I've got to find what they want, times running out.'

Ten Bits shivered in the mist "It's too spooky for my liking."

Sunshine nodded "It's time like this I wish I was back working Upriver.", Ten Bits shushed his friend "Quiet I think I can hear something." He turned and saw a black figure appear in the mist.

The stallion started to despair 'I'm not going to make it, nothing in sight, those wagon companies have rumbled me.'

"Heave to sea rogue, your cornered you can't escape." Someone yelled and he tackled to the ground. He heard a horn charge and a rope wrapped round his leg and tied them up tight.

Sunshine finished his spell and walked up to Ten Bits getting up from his tackle "Well done Ten Bits, he's the pirate alright."

"No, I'm not a real pirate.", Grampus walk up and patted him on the shoulder "We know you're not.", Sunshine nodded as he began undoing the knots to the rope "Grampus told us everything.", then Ten Bits spoke "He saw you and those two Changelings."

The stallion got up "Did you see the old gent their too?"

"Everything."

"We must save him, he's my uncle, their holding him to ransom, to make me steal wagons, even if I get one more they may still drown him.", Ten Bits nodded "Help us to help you, and will stop them.", the stallion nodded "Anything you say."

Then the sound of clopping caught their attention, the stallion's eye widened "Who's that?"

"Quick," Ten Bits said "let's hide.", the stallion rushed passed "This way.", they hide in an alleyway near the warehouse as two voices spoke.
"Ten Bits can't be far, must be around here somewhere Zip."

"So, could that pirate Zug, maybe we should get back. I don't like this Zug."

"Quiet."

As the two red Earth Ponies passed them, Ten Bits turned amused "Zip and Zug?" he turned to the stallion "Their stupid enough to go into the warehouse."

"They'll get no quarter if they do."

Sunshine waved it off "Serves them right.", then Ten Bits grinned "That gives me an idea, Grampus go to the warehouse, if the villains leave the shed save the old pony." Grampus nodded and flew to the roof of the warehouse, next to the hole. Ten Bits looked at the other two "Now let's see what's going on.", the three crept out to the edge of the alleyway and watched as the two Z Mane Earth Ponies neared the warehouse entrance, "Just a quick look." Zug said, much to Zip protest "No Zug let's go back please."

"Come on and stay close."

"Don't worry I will.", the two entered the warehouse, Zug spoke "I never knew it was so dark inside."

"Means there's no one there." Zip said hopefully. Zug looked around and saw the ship full of the stole good "Hey!" he shouted happily "The stolen wagon loads, great we've cracked it! We're heroes!", the two laughed and Zip jumped about shouted "Eat your heart out Ten Bits!"

"Oi!" a distorted voice shouted, the two looked up and saw a cocoon stir "what are you doing here!", two insect-like ponies burst from it and the Z Mane pair screamed.

"Bad Changelings!"

"Two of them!", the two ran out as fast as their legs could take them as the two Changelings followed "Get them quick!"

"Right," Ten Bits said as the three backed into to alley "now get ready to spring the trap when I say."


"Oh dear." The old pony said looked at the doors "Hope everything's okay.", he then heard wings, "What the?" he looked as a very small light grey Pegasus flew next to his cage "Easy old gent, I've come to set you free."


The two red Earth Ponies passed the entrance to alleyway, Ten Bits got into a running stance "Here they come, don't move yet." He looked to the black stallion who nodded "Their getting close." Hearing the buzzing of the Changeling wings getting loader.

"Three, two, one. Charge!" Ten Bits called the three shot towards the Changelings.

Sunshine closed his eyes and focused his magic, the aura surrounded the two stopping them in their track and Ten Bits and the eyepatch stallion pounced on them pinning them down.


"Hey Top Hat?" Warrior called turning his head toward the commotion "Something going on over there, I'll look.", he walked out of the shadows and didn't look to his front.

"Warrior!" Top Hat said his eyes widening "Watch that…" Warrior hit the wagon and it light up like fireworks, Top Hat groaned as he finished his sentence "Flare!" he shook his head "You bright spark Warrior.", the clumsy Earth Pony backed up shielding his eyes "Some flare!"


In the morning, a slight singed Top Hat and Warrior, as well as the local authorities escorted the Changelings away.

Ten Bits, Sunshine, Grampus, the black stallion and his uncle watched them go, the teenage Earth Pony chuckled "Don't bump the too hard Warrior, they might send up a flare too.", the group laughed. Ten Bits turned to the black stallion "Now that's what I call a good night's work, you heading Upriver?"

"Yeah, thanks Ten Bits."

"That's alright, the least I could do."

"Right then." The stallion said "We'd better move, pirates are not welcome here."

Grampus rolled his eyes "Nonsense your no pirate.", the stallion smiled "Thank to you all."

"Yes," the old gent said "thanks for everything.", the stallion spoke to him "Come on old gentle-colt, let's get you home.", his uncle chuckled "That'll be nice."

Ten Bits sighed "You know I'm really sad to see them go." He then heard the flapping of feathered wings and looked up "Oh hi Hercules, how was Canterlot?"

"Oh, very well, got to talk with Sassy Saddles." He turned around and look at the black stallion and the old gent "Those the two you save last night?"

"Yeah, they helped us find the stolen wagon.", Hercules grinned "Captain Star wants to speak with you in private, I imagine he wants to congratulate you."

"I couldn't have done it without Grampus and Sunshine."

"Well good work my dears."

"Thanks Hercules," the two younger Star Ponies said.

Grampus nodded "Thanks Hercules," and he walked off "if you excuse me I'm off to get some rest.", Ten Bits waved "Thanks Grampus." He then looked to his left seeing two familiar ponies outside Lucky's Yard "Zip and Zug, I want a word with them.", the two Stars walked up to them and Ten Bits called over "I don't know what we would have done without your help."

Zug turned a little surprised but thankful "Well," he chuckled "some-pony had to flush those two bugs out, so…", Zip finished "We did.", the two laughed slightly, before Zip gulped "We never really thought you stole those wagons."

"Oh no?" Ten Bits said "Could've fooled me.", Sunshine smirked "Weren't you just a little bit scared?", the two Z Manes shook their head and Zug spoke "Nothing scares us does it Zip?" the two laughed and Zug walked back slightly, much to Zip's worry "Forwards Zug, forwards! The wagon!", Zug bumped into one of the flare wagon and it went off, the two Earth Ponies ran out screaming.

Ten Bits and Sunshine laughed, and the small Unicorn spoke "They move pretty fact when they're not scared."

"They certainly do.", and two almost collapsed laughing.


Ten Bits gulped as he stood at the door of Captain Star's office. He knocked and the Captain called him to enter. Ten Bits pushed it opened and entered.

Captain Star said nothing, he got off his chair, walked up to his son and hugged him tight, he placed his head on Ten Bits’ mane and cried softly "I'm sorry Ten Bits, I've be horrible to you."

Ten Bit sighed with a grin and hugged his father back "It's alright Dad, we all make mistakes. Hay, I was so caught up in catching the pirate to prove everyone wrong I almost had an innocent pony sent to jail."

"About that," the Captain said letting go and considering his son's eyes "I'm very proud of how you handle this, you're become quite a leader.", Ten Bits blushed and the Captain continued "It's not just me who's impressed, he walked up to the desk and levitated three letter putting them in front of Ten Bits "Both Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armour have written their thanks and congratulations as well as King Thorax and Princess Celestia herself. Those two Changelings were two who escaped after the Royal Sisters returned to Canterlot.”

"No way!" Ten Bit took hold and the letters and read them through, twice, he jumped up and down "I'm framing these and putting them up in my room."

Captain Star laughed "I would have reacted that way at your age too, alright Ten Bits, get going, we got contracts to fulfil.", Ten Bits nodded and saluted "Right, Aye-aye sir." And the young Earth Pony left.

Captain Star returned to his desk. He glanced at the picture again and smiled. Then he returned to work.