• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 4,718 Views, 80 Comments

A Sound Break - Spore Harvest



A guy goes to a convention. Buys a prop from a shady dealer and then gets transported to the world of Equestria girls. I know it doesn't sound very original, But that is what happened to me. So follow me as I get comfortable in this new world.

  • ...
7
 80
 4,718

Log 1 "the convention"

It was a beautiful day in Slovenia. Some people might say a perfect day, with that in mind some people decided to set up a comic con in Ljubljana, and one person was having the time of his life.

"Oh, this is going to be so awesome. A whole week of nothing but awesome nerdy delight and even going to cosplay as my favourite character ever."

His name was Mike. He was in his mid-twenties and was currently driving himself to a hotel, where he is going to stay and wait for the con to officially begin.

"Oh, I can hardly wait. This is going to be the best vacation ever."

With that said he drove off to his hotel.

***

I stopped in front of the place I was staying at and quickly checked in.

"Now let's get my stuff inside. And after that, I probably have some time to prepare myself something to eat before I head out to the con. It sure is a shame none of my friends could come, but I guess they can't always have time for me."

With that said I went to my car to unload my bags and bring them inside. After about two hours I was fully settled into my little apartment. "Now with that settled let's go make some lunch." I then went out to see if there are any stores nearby to buy myself some ingredients to make my special lasagna. "Well, times a wasting. I still have to check my costume and after that, it's time for me to go to comic con."

After a nice lunch, I went to check on my costume. I have been building this costume for at least two years and I don't want to get it dirty before I get to show it off at the con. The costume was of Soundwave from the cartoon Transformers animated. I was very excited to show it off, but I sadly didn't have enough money to build Rat Bat, Soundwaves keytar. Oh well, at least I got Laserbeak. Now with the costume check up finished let's get suited up.

The costumes main colour was white. I know that sounds wrong, but I'm using the design from the electromagnetic version of Soundwave since I like the colour scheme allot better. the costume also had light purple details instead of the gold. The rest of the costume was black. Of course, we can't forget the main part of any Soundwave costume and that, of course, is the voice, it is for that reason that I also added a microphone inside of the helmet which is programmed to change my voice to that of Soundwave.

After ten minutes of me fiddling with the costume, I finally got it on and was ready to head out to the con.

"Well, now that I am ready, let's go and show myself off. LASERBEAK TO ME!... Man, I always wanted to say that." Now that I finished my little impression, I picked up my guitar and set off to the con.

***

The walk to the convention centre was interesting, to say the least. You see Slovenia isn't a country known for their outlandish costumes, so I got quite a lot of stares heading my way. I didn't let it bother me too much because I was soon at the con and therefore amongst my own kind, as you could say.

The con was definitely interesting, to say the least. There was everything from comics, to toys, to props and much much more. There were also allot of cosplayers, dressed up anything that you can think off. And when I say everything I mean everything, they were dressed as characters from comic books, TV shows, movies and cartoons. This was definitely going to be fun.

"Hey, can I take a picture with you?" A random person asked me, she was dressed as an mlp character by the name of Pinkie Pie.

"Of course pony. Why would I not allow you to take a picture of me? The move would be extremely illogical." I said in my monotone voice. After that, she took the picture.

"Oh thank you. I'm a real big fan love the costume by the way. Hey, do you have Laser beak or Rat bat?"

"As a matter of fact, I do pony. I have my trusty companion Laser beak."

"Sweet, can you do a pose with him out?"

"Of course I can. Laser beak eject." With that I took hold of my guitar and did a pose for the girl to take a picture. after she took it she said.

"Thank you, enjoy the rest of the convention."

"Don't worry it would be foolish of a bot not to enjoy it have a nice day pony." And with that she left me to my own devices. I sheathed Laser beak to my back and went to the food court to get myself a little snack to tide me over until dinner.

After the snack, I went to check what new comics are on sale. So with that in mind, I went to the market to check things out. After some time of searching, I found absolutely nothing of interest, well I did found some interesting toys, but they were way too big for me to carry and since I didn't want to destroy my costume I decided to pick up at a later time.

"Oh come on how are there no props for this costume what so ever. I mean seriously." But then I noticed a very peculiar stand manned by a guy who was dressed as the merchant from the Resident Evil 4. On the stand, he had a wide selection of hyper-realistic looking props and lo and behold he had a Rat bat keytar, but that wasn't the only thing that he had he also had two more props that looked like they belonged to the Transformers animated universe. Because of that, I went to his table to take a look.

"Hello there merchant it seems that you have found my missing companion Rat bat. May I ask you where you have found him and if you could return him to me."

"Ah hello there stranger or should I call you Soundwave. Yes, I have your missing companions here and I'm going to return them to you for the right price of course." He said in a slightly scratchy voice.

"Of course merchant, but who are the other companions you are talking about."

"Ah yes." He pointed to two different coloured speakers. One was blue in colour and the other one is black with red highlights. "The blue one is called Frenzy and the red one is his brother Rumble. So how much are you offering for them?"

After some time of thinking, I said. "How about I offer you one hundred and fifty dollars for all three of them."

After that, his face turned into a smile "Sold Soundwave. Enjoy your purchase." After that, I gave him his money and he gave me the props. After I touched the props I felt a little shock and then I felt a weird polling sensation. Then I looked at the merchant and he had the creepiest smile that you would ever see, that of course was the last thing that I saw before everything went black.

***

"Oh what happened to me and why am I still in costume?" Then I looked around to see where I was. It looked like I was in some sort of forest. "Where am I?" Then I got up and noticed that I could see over the trees. "And why am I so tall?" After that the memories flooded back to me. "So the fanfictions were true. There really is a merchant who sends random people to different universes. So I'm really am Soundwave... Wait that means that I can call upon my minicons. Well, let's try it. Laser beak eject." when I finished that sentence I felt something on my back launched into the air it was my guitar and when it was at the apex of his arc it transformed into its bird form and landed on my forearm. "Squak."

"Hello there Laser beak how are you doing?" He looked at me for a moment and then he squaked at me once more. "Well its good to know that you are okay now return." And then he returned back to my back. "Well that's definitely interesting, but now I hove to figure out how to transform and find out what kind of MLP universe this is." And that's what I did. I tried several different techniques and after about half an hour I finally figured it out it worked like this. I literally have to contour my body to change into that vehicle form. To say that it was uncomfortable would be an understatement. So I did a couple of transwarmups to get this transforming thing down pat. And I did. So with that, I ejected Laser beak and told him to find civilization.

After a couple of hours, he returned and gave me the coordinates for the location of a town. With them acquired I went into vehicle mode and drove off to find civilization. "Oh I just remembered I will be able to meet the main six. Well, this day is just getting better and better, doesn't it?" With that said I reached the city? "Wait, a city. Oh no, I'm in the Equestria girls universe. Well, I will give you that merchant I certainly didn't see this coming." And then I went into town to hopefully find Equestria high school.