• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 4,717 Views, 80 Comments

A Sound Break - Spore Harvest



A guy goes to a convention. Buys a prop from a shady dealer and then gets transported to the world of Equestria girls. I know it doesn't sound very original, But that is what happened to me. So follow me as I get comfortable in this new world.

  • ...
7
 80
 4,717

Log 8 "First day of school"

The next morning I was awoken by someone opening my door. "Huh who's there?" I quickly asked.

"Ho there Sound, it's just me Vinyl." She said.

"Oh sorry Vinyl you just startled me. So why are you up this early?" Then she started up my engine and she answered.

"Well, we need to go to Octavia and pick her up and then we need to go to school. Speaking of school are you going to tell me what you did to get into school." She asked.

"You know what. I'm going to tell you right after we get Octavia. What do you say, can you wait until we get to her house?" After that she looked to be in thought.

"Okay, then I'll wait." And after that, we continued our drive to Octavia's place. After about five minutes of us driving, we finally stopped in front of a white coloured house.

"Is this the place?" I asked in an inquisitive tone.

"Yup and right down the street is our school so you can transform and then we can go."

"Alrighty then." After that she jumped out of me and I transformed into my human form. When I finished, I dusted myself off and we both went to the front door, where I rang the doorbell. After that, we heard some shuffling come from inside and after some time the door opened to reveal Octavia.

"Oh, good morning Vinyl. Soundwave." She said.

"Good morning to you as well Octavia. I hope we didn't interrupt you." I asked.

"Oh no I just finished breakfast. Let me get my bag and then we can go." With that said she disappeared inside and after a minute reappeared. "Okay then let's go." After that, we made our way towards the school.

"So are you going to tell me now?"

"Tell you what Vinyl?" Asked Octavia. Then I decided to answer.

"Well she wanted to know how I'm going to school with you and to answer it I'm saying only this. I am your cousin." Then they both looked confused and then Vinyl asked.

"How are you my cousin and how does that answer my question?"

"Okay, then I'll explain. It all started last night when we went babysitting, since you know I'm basically a walking computer I decided to send an e-mail to the school. In that e-mail, I wrote that I am an exchange student from Crystal prep and am planning to join Canterlot high. In that same e-mail, I wrote that I am also your cousin. Does that answer your question?" After I finished my little explanation she looked to be in thought for a moment and then she smiled.

"So basically I'm related to a giant alien robot. That is awesome."

"Um, I'm not sure about this you two. Why if they investigate you at that school? Won't you get in trouble?" Asked Octavia in a worried tone.

"Don't worry I thought of that as well so I made a dossier at their school so that it looks like I went there." With that said we arrived at the school.

In front of the school, the two principal was probably waiting for me to arrive. When she finally noticed us she started walking towards us. "Okay, now enough about that we have company," I whispered to them and after that, the principal reached us and addressed me.

"Hello, you must be Soundwave. My name is principal Celestia and I am here to personally welcome you to Canterlot high." Then she extended her hand and I shook it. "I hope that you will enjoy your stay here." Then she handed me the file that she was holding and said. "In here you have all that you are going to need to attend this school. Now get ready for school." With that, she left. I opened the folder and in it, I found the school schedule, my locker combination and on the bottom of the stack of papers I found the rules.

"Okay Vinyl does this place have a library? I need to check all of this." I asked.

"Sure follow me." With that said I put the folder in my backpack and we made our way into the school.

***

After we finally reached the library we quickly made our way towards a table. Once we reached it I opened my bag and pulled out the folder that I got and went to fill out all the paperwork.

"So you need any help with that. We have about twenty minutes until the first class start..." But by that point, I already blocked her out and went completely machine. After about one minute I was completely done. Then I noticed her face.

"What?" Then Octavia said.

"Um, Soundwave. Your pen is on fire." When I turned around I quickly shook out the fire and then I put the pen back into the backpack. "You know what I'm not going to even ask how that's possible. I'm just going to accept it and ask. Do you want to see the rest of the school?" I put the folder into my backpack and said.

"Sure I so or so need to find my locker." With that, me and Octavia left while Vinyl still looked at the spot where I worked. After we noticed that she wasn't following us I went back to her and shook her.

"That was awesome." She said.

"Yeah it was, now let's go, this school is big and we don't have a lot of time to explore it," I said while pushing her out of the library.

"Hey, you don't need to push I can walk on my own." With that said I stopped pushing her. After that, she looked like she had an idea. "Hey Sound, do you think we can set your fingers on fire if you play your keytar too fast?"

"Vinyl we are not setting anything on fire." Said Octavia with a frown. "Now let's go before she gets even more stupid ideas." With that, we left the library and went to explore the school. The school's layout was pretty simple three halls that were set up in a U formation and on the sides of those were the doors to the classrooms. After we finished our short tour we heard the bell go on signalling the start of first class.

"Well, thankfully we concluded the tour right where we need to be for class." Said Octavia. When we entered the class I quickly found an empty seat and took it. Yeah, it was in the back, but I actually prefer it that way. After that, the teacher got inside. He looked allot like Sombra. He had the same hairdo and the same skin colour as the original one. The only difference was that instead of wearing his armour, cape and crown, but was instead wearing a three-part black suit, with a white undershirt and a red tie. After I finished my observation he started to speak in his signature deep voice.

"Hello, class. My name is Sombra and I'm going to be your new homeroom teacher. Now before I start with the news, I need to tell you that we have a new student joining us, but let's let him introduce himself. Soundwave would you please come up here." With that said the whole class turned to me. I just got up and went to the front of the class.

"Hello, there class. As you probably already know my name is Soundwave and I don't have anything special to tell you about myself. I'm just your average Joe going through life. The only thing that is worth mentioning is that I'm a musician and that is about it. So does anyone have any questions?" Sadly no one raised their hands.

"Okay, then Soundwave could you please sit down now?" Asked Sombra. Then I just returned to my chair. Out of the corner of my eyes, I swear I saw Sunset Shimmer smirk and it was unsettling. With that, I sat down and concentrated on the announcements.

***

After the bell rang again I quickly picked up my backpack and quickly made my way out of class, as to not get in contact with Sunset. After I was far enough away I heard Vinyl yell. "Hey, Soundwave wait up." I stopped and waited for her and Octavia to catch up. "Why did you run out of class so quickly?"

"It was that girl with the mustard and ketchup hair. I think she has something planned for me and I didn't like it. As for how I know? Let's call it intuition." After that, they seemed to get it. Then Octavia said.

"You would be right. Her name is Sunset Shimmer and she is the queen of this school. You better not get involved." After that, we arrived at the gym. "Okay then enjoy PE." With that, she left and we went our separate ways. After PE we had lunchtime and as I was expecting there was a huge line. With that, I got into it and waited for my turn. It went pretty quickly all things considering and when I finally got my lunch I searched for Vinyl. I found her sitting at the table with all of the musicians of the school. With that, I made my way over. At some point, she must have noticed me because she called me over.

"Hey there Sound. We were just talking about you come sit down." With that said I sat down next to her and then she asked. "So how did PE go?"

"Uh, it was a complete waste of time. The teacher there is more of a drill sergeant then anything else because he made me do one thousand push-ups for being the last one to get in line and to make matters even worse we had to play dodgeball right after. I tell you that guy is going to kill me because my arms are sore as fuck. But other than that pretty good." I said in a complaining tone after that I smiled. "But other then that, it was pretty good. What about you?" At first, she looked completely stupefied, but after my whole sentence was processed she let out a little chuckle.

"Man you are one of the only people that I know who actually liked his class. My condolences to your arms though, because you are going to feel that in the morning. As for what I did we basically played volleyball for the whole hour. Now let me introduce you to some of my other friends. This here is Lyra Heartstrings."

"Hello." She said while waving a hand.

"The one sitting next to her is called Sweetie Drops, but we call her Bon Bon." Vinyl said while pointing to her.

"Nice to meet you." She said.

"And the one sitting next to you is called Derpy Hooves."

"Hi."

"Well, it's nice to meet you all and any friend of Vinyl is a friend of mine." Then I started on my food. When I was about halfway finished Lyra asked.

"So you're a musician what do you play?" I stopped eating and answered.

"I mostly play electronic instruments, but my three favourite ones are the electric guitar, the keytar and my drums. And you?"

"Oh I play the lyre, but I also play other similar instruments." Then Derpy spoke up.

"You and Vinyl have similar tastes in music do your whole family like that kind of music." I looked towards Vinyl and saw that she was in though after a minute she said.

"You know what, as far as I can remember we were always a musically inclined family." Then I stopped her because she looked like she was going to go off on a tangent.

"Does a simple yes answer your question." She nodded. "Good. Now, lets finish our lunch because mealtime ends in about five minutes." With that, we all returned to our meals, while we were blissfully unaware of a couple of eyes watching us.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy the newest log of A Sound Brake. As for the log before this one. Well let's just say I'm going to rewrite it, because I didn't like it that much. I'm probably gona do it in the near future, but until then I wish to read so comments. So please fulfil it and comment.