• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 2,811 Views, 29 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree - SonicAKG



Magic at Camp Everfree? Is there something sinister behind it?

  • ...
3
 29
 2,811

A Long Needed Break

"It can't be!" Twilight Sparkle was saying out loud in her sleep. She then felt her entire body being shaken before her eyes opened widely, to see rather than her evil counterpart, Midnight Sparkle, Next to her was her dog Spike, who had nudged her awake. He was safe and sound. She then looked up to see her friends, Pinkie Pie and Sunset Shimmer, looking at her from their seats, the former with a wide grin while the latter was looking at her with a concerned expression. They were fine as well. Twilight looked around to see that she still on the bus with the rest of the peers to their destination, Camp Everfree. Everything was as normal as could be.

"What can't be? That we're going to the most fun place on the entire earth or at least in the entire country?! Well, it's true!" Pinkie Pie told her happily as she got a bag of marshmallows from her hair and clutched it tightly.

"Twilight, is everything all right?" Sunset asked her, as Twilight let out a nervous laugh.

"O-of course it is! Everything is normal." She said in a fake cheery tone. In reality, it was the opposite. This was the 4th nightmare she had about Midnight Sparkle coming and erasing away all of her friends before taking over her body. She clutched herself to feel more secure.

"With that yelling, you could've have woken up Sonic." Tails told her from the seat behind. Twilight and her two friends along with Spike turned around to see Sonic was fast asleep on his seat next to Tails. He was snoring loudly.

"He's still sleeping? He's been out since we left?" Rainbow Dash said from a seat ahead as she was seated next to AppleJack.

Tails shrugged. "Sonic woke up pretty early this morning, which is something he hates to do. If he can't get his 8 hours of sleep, he won't be able to run properly." He explained as all eyes were on the napping blue-haired teen.

"I wonder what he's dreaming about?" Manic asked from the seat across as he sat next to Silver, who was enjoying the scenery as they drove past.

"Probably all the marshmallows we'll have when we get there!" Pinkie guessed happily as she rubbed her cheek against the marshmallow bag.

"That's what you'd dream about." Rainbow Dash responded

Sonic then began to stir a bit. "You know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you since I know everything you're going to do, strange isn't it?" He mumbled to himself as the others laughed after hearing such a weird quote. Twilight let out a small smile. Guess she wasn't the only one who talked in their sleep.

Twilight then began to look around the bus. As she looked back, she saw Rarity, who was looking at herself in a small mirror as she was with Fluttershy, who was reading through a pamphlet which described the nature of Camp Everfree. Across from them was Knuckles, who was eating some grapes as a quick snack. Seated next to him was Shadow, with his arms folded and an expression which showed he'd rather be somewhere else as he stared into space. His eyes then met Twilights. As he did, Shadow gave her a tiny glare, which took Twilight back a little as she turned away from him and looked ahead to see Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna in the front as they were making an announcement.

"We hope you make as many memories at camp as we did." Luna was saying.

"I hope you're all ready for Camp Everfree!" Celestia as most of the bus burst into loud cheers. It was then interrupted by the loud snoring of Sonic, as the entire bus turned back to him. He was drooling now. Some students snickered as Luna frowned while Celestia just shrugged as the bus headed towards the camp. After not too long, the bus entered the camp entrance with as Fluttershy, Spike, Silver and Pinkie Pie looked out, with Pinkie being really excited. Sunset and Rarity were both checking their phones as Manic looked out with a bored expression. Rainbow Dash started to burst with excitement as Knuckles stretched his arms. Shadow just still looked disinterested as Twilight looked ahead in front of her. AppleJack had joined Sonic in his napping but she was much more discrete about it. Finally, the bus entered the campgrounds and came to a halt. The students then began to get off as Sonic woke up after making a loud yawn. He looked and saw that they were at the camp.

"Wow, what a great nap!" He said as he rose up.

"We could tell." Sunset said with a chuckle as she exited the bus.

After everyone had disembarked off, the students then began to head to the front of the bus to collect their luggage. Fluttershy looked around and was in awe at what she witnessed.

"This is amazing! It's even better than what the brochure looked like. I've never felt so in touch with nature." She gushed at the sight of the camps vast trees and crystal clear blue lake.

"You see any squirrels around?" Spike eagerly asked. "Ones that look like they need chasing?"

"Why would you chase squirrels? They're so small and cuddly." She asked.

"Which is what makes them so chasable." Spike responded as Fluttershy looked stumped.

"Dogs will be dogs." Manic said as he took out his bag.

"Gotta say, you're right, Fluttershy. Looking at this reminds me of the view on Angel Island." Knuckles said as he came next to Fluttershy and joined her in admiring the camp beauty.

"Ah'm just lookin' forward to actually being out in the wilderness. Me, putting all ma skills to test against the natural world." AppleJack excitedly said as she put her hands together at the thought of such a challenge.

"AJ, we're at a camp, not some kind of nature survival thing." Rainbow Dash informed her as AppleJack rubbed the back of her head, a little embarrassed at her eagerness.

Rarity let out a sigh as behind her, Silver was using his psychic powers to levitate all of her luggage, which she had overdone as usual.

"I'm finally glad to have a chance to relax after everything that's happened at school." Rarity stated,

"You said it! With the evil sirens, the ultra-competitive school, Sonic's evil twin, a dream world, two crazy she-demons, a gen-" Pinkie started to say before she remembered that two of the 'crazy she-demons' were right next to her as she blushed a little and covered her mouth at her mistake. Twilight looked a little uneasy as Sunset just put her arm around her reassuringly.

"Yeah, with CHS attracting all that weird stuff, it'll be nice to get away from it," AppleJack admitted.

"Well, not get away from all of it. Who doesn't like a little adventure now and then?" Sonic said as he began to do leg stretches.

"Going off on that, Sonic, do you think you and the guys could tone it down with the super powers? I mean, we're used to it, but the camp staff probably wouldn't be comfortable with seeing what you can do." Sunset requested as Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Manic faced her and the rest of the Rainbooms.

"Tone it down? I dunno, I've never tried that, but I guess you have a point there. I'll try my best." Sonic said as Knuckles and Tails nodded.

"No promises." Manic casually said before everyone glared at him and he sighed. "Fine."

After hearing that, Silver dropped all of Rarity's luggage, making large thuds as Rarity turned around in a surprised manner.

"You heard her. Good luck with your suitcases." Silver said as he couldn't help but smile as he was relieved he didn't have to carry all her bags around. He went off to get his own things, leaving Rarity looking dismayed at how much she had to carry.

"Yo, faker. You heard that, right? So none of this 'Ultimate Lifeform' stuff, got it? In the camp activities, we'll just have to see who's naturally better." Sonic taunted to Shadow as he finished getting his bag.

"Hmph. You make it sound as if that'll be a challenge." He retorted.

"Too bad Shadow'll never tone down his Ultimate Ego." Rainbow whispered to AppleJack, who giggled a bit.

As Sonic turned away from Shadow, he looked and saw a dejected looking Flash Sentry, who had just come from an awkward talk with Twilight. He had a thing for the other Twilight and was hoping he could share it with this one. Unfortunately for him, he found out they were two very different people. Sonic saw his look and as he walked past him, Sonic patted him on the back.

"You'll get it next time, buddy." Sonic as Flash turned to him with an unsure look.

Just then, everyone heard a loud shriek coming from the speakers as they all covered their ears due to the noise.

"Hi, campers! Please head to the courtyard to start the most amazing week of camp ever!" A cheerful voice said over the speakers. Upon hearing this, the students made their way over to the courtyard.

When the crowd of students arrived, in front of them, they found waiting for them on a stage up front, was a young woman with reddish-pink skin matching her hair color as she wore sunflowers in it. Next to her was someone not much older than the campers were as he was brown skinned and had green hair on his head. He was wearing attire similar to their camp get up.

"Hi, everyone! My name is Gloriosa Daisy and I welcome you all to Camp Everfree. I'm the camp director. I'll be your guide and friendly camp instructor." The woman told them with a microphone before she handed it to the teen next to her. "This is Timber Spruce, my younger brother."

"I'll be that awesome guy who'll join you in fun things." He introduced as he showed off a little with the mike as his sister rolled his eyes.

"And they say I have an ego." Sonic whispered to Tails.

"Before camp starts, we want to hear what you all want to do to make this the best camping trip ever! Whatever you want, we'll do it!" Gloriosa proudly announced.

"Except go near the rock quarry. You can't do that." Timber interjected as Gloriosa gave him a slightly annoyed look before she returned to her cheerful smile.

"But, everything else is on the table!" She stated as she held the mike out to the crowd. Rainbow Dash was the first answer.

"Archery...no Swimming....actually Tetherball...no wait..." She said in a yearnful manner, unable to make up her mind before Sunset put her hand on her shoulder, indicating she should chill out as she stopped talking. Gloriosa continued to pass the mike around. Hearing nature walks and cookie decorating from Pinkie and Fluttershy was no surprise but arts and crafts from Bulk Biceps was quite the shocker. She then came in front of Tails.

"Model plane building?." He suggested as Sonic, Knuckles and Rainbow Dash smiled slightly at this. Everywhere he went, Tails always wanted to try out and invent new things.

"You betcha!" Gloriosa agreed as her brother gave her an odd look. That was not a usual camp activity. The mike was in front of Silver.

"Star gazing?" He answered.

"That sounds lovely. I'll get mattresses for everyone!" Gloriosa answered. She then put the mike in front of Shadow, who stood forward with his arms crossed and a very disinterested expression. It was silent for a while as Shadow didn't even answer and just looked forward with his expression. Timber formed a confused look as Gloriosa kept her smile. She then backed up a bit to her brother.

"What kind of guy is this?" Timber whispered.

"Maybe he's just shy." She whispered in response before she went back to presenting Shadow the mike with an even bigger smile. He still stood there, without a word as Timber scratched his head and the campers turned to each other. Finally, Sonic came to him.

"Say something." He said through grit teeth as Shadow rolled his eyes.

"Campfire stories." He said as he just picked something off the top of his head in a bored tone.

"Great idea!" Gloriosa said before she gave the mike to Rarity, who suggested a fashion show of all things, which Gloriosa actually agreed to, much to Timber's shock and confusion. That was going too far.

"Don't forget about the camp gift!" Celestia shouted out loud.

"How could I forget? Of course, that's involved." Gloriosa said, which made Timber take his sister aside slightly, leading to a little squabble between the two siblings which Sunset picked up on.

"The camp gift is the most crucial part of the experience here at Camp Everfree. It symbolizes the bonds and growth that is formed during your time here." Gloriosa explained as she began to mention past ones such as a sundial, which was from Celestia's generation, which Luna didn't seem to happy about.

"I can't wait to see what you come up with! Gloriosa stated as she was met with more cheers. " Now, let's assign tents!"

The campers were then divided by gender as the guys went with Gloriosa while Timber dealt with the girls, much to Manic's dismay.

"What? No co-ed tents? That's boring." He grumbled as Sonic just rolled his eyes as they followed the boys to get tents as Gloriosa walked around with a bag containing slips of paper with precious gems.Manic reached his hand in and took his out.

"Beryl?" He said as held it up.

"Manic, you're with me." Tails said as he held up the same slip of paper.

"I can deal with it. Between the others, you're probably the best roommate." Manic said as he came and put his arm around Tails. "Now, think of me as your new big bro." He added as Tails seemed a little confused at the idea.

Shadow reached in and he took out his slip. He then opened it up.

"Quartz." He just said. Hearing this made Silvers' ears perk up as he looked at his paper and saw he had received the same gem as Shadow and he seemed surprised The two looked at each other as Silver flashed a nervous smile while Shadow's face didn't change. They had never really spoken to each other, so it was a pretty awkward.

"Move it." Shadow told him as he walked ahead, with Silver trailing to go find their tent. Silver walked past Sonic, wearing a ' help me' sign on his face. He wasn't sure how this was going to turn out.

"Ok then..."Sonic began to say as he opened up his slip of paper. "I got...Topaz." He and Knuckles both said at the same time before they turned next to each in complete disbelief. They quickly looked back at their gems before again at each other. The two of them were going to have to share a tent....for the entire week. Their faces showed they both weren't really on board with the idea before Sonic let out a sly grin.

"Well...looks like you and I are in a tent together Knucklehead......you don't snore do you?" Sonic teased as pointed to Knuckles' chest as Knuckles grinned as well.

"Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time for your beauty sleep. As long as you don't annoy me enough to knock you in." Knuckles shot back.

"Is that so? Don't worry, it'll be like I'm not even there."

"If only that was the case."

AppleJack and Rarity were both next to Tails as they observed Sonic and Knuckle's tiny feud.

"Hoo, boy. Is it really a good idea to have the two of them sharing a tent?" AppleJack commented.

"Those two should know better. We are on vacation after all." Rarity said with disapproval.

"Honestly, if you have Sonic and Knuckles in one place long enough, someone's going to throw a punch. This should be interesting." Tails answered.

Twilight had just received her assignment and was finished talking to Timber, who she had hit it off with immediately with some jokes on her gemstone. Her friends had noticed this but Twilight was a little shy about as she turned from them. There, she noticed Shadow, who was still looking at his stone. Honestly, Twilight had a feeling that Shadow didn't particularly like her. Sure, the others had told him he's not the nicest person, but with him, she could feel as if he had some kind of problem with her. She didn't understand why, but she wanted to change that.

"(Ok, maybe if I try talking to him, he'll warm up.)" She thought as she approached him.

"Shadow." She said as he turned around and saw her calling him. His expression hadn't softened, which made her a little uncomfortable but she still pressed on with talking.

"That's a Quartz you have there. Did you know that it's the second most abundant mineral from the planet's crust? It also has a lot of variations to it, like amethyst and or...." Twilight started to say before she saw Shadow's expression still remained as unfriendly as ever and her voice began to trail off.

"...Vermarine." She now said in a small voice, now even more unsettled.

"Why should I care?" Shadow said with a hint of hostility in his voice.

"Oh...I just thought that maybe.....you'd like....to know....some...facts....about....your.....stone." She said in a somewhat anxious tone.

"Don't waste my time." He dismissed as he walked off, leaving Twilight feeling even worse than before. So much for warming up.

Gloriosa announced that they would be getting ready for the docks in around fifteen minutes. Just as she did, a long black limousine arrived in the middle of camp and out emerged a man wearing a business suit and smug grin alongside a money decorated tie as he approached Gloriosa. The man, known as Filthy Rich seemed to have tension with the camp director, which the campers noticed. He was there for a while before he took his leave, still sporting his smug grin. As he left, he noticed Manic and frowned.

"Cut your hair, son." He said as he headed into his limousine, causing Manic to touch the tip of his hair as Gloriosa explained or rather, covered up, the situation with Filthy Rich. Hearing this made the campers head back to their tents. In their tent, Sunset started a conversation with Twilight as they were joined by Spike.

"I can't help but feel that Gloriosa wants to hide something, especially with that Filthy Rich guy. The whole thing seemed kind of weird." Sunset was saying as Twilight stared out with a disinterested look. Sunset noticed before she formed a slight grin.

"I noticed you got along well with her brother. He's cute, isn't he?" Sunset teased as Twilight blushed a little.

"He's nice." Twilight said before her look turned a little melancholic. "Just wish Shadow could be almost as nice as him." She added under her breath, which Sunset barely heard, only making out Shadow's name.

"Shadow?" She said, not expecting to hear his name. "Well, he's cute too, if only he wasn't so brooding."

"Oh, that's not what I meant!" Twilight quickly said, which left Sunset a little embarrassed now at what she said and she blushed a little.

"Oh, well, nevermind what I said." She said in a flustered tone. "Anyway, with me around, you have nothing to hide."

"Who said I'm trying to hide anything?" Twilight said in a rather defensive tone, which took Sunset back.

" I was just joking around. Twilight, are you sure you're alright?" Sunset asked.

"With that nightmare, I'd say you're a little shaken up." Spike added as Twilight sighed a little and explained a little of her baggage to Sunset about the Friendship Games incident...

Outside, most of the campers were already outside as Sonic noticed that Knuckles had placed his things in his tent before he did to avoid being in the same room and causing their little squabble to escalate.

"This should be fun. A week with a guy as stubborn as a rock." Sonic said to himself as he walked to where the others were after putting his belongings down. "Still, I can imagine Silver's not exactly having the time of his life with Shadow as his roommate. Talk about unlucky.

Twilight was running pretty fast as she nearly bumped into Sonic, who stopped her in her tracks. She seemed a panicked which Sonic could tell by the look on her face.

"Wow, Twilight, where's the fire? You feelin' ok? You seemed kinda freaked out." He asked as she faced him. Twilight remained silent. She couldn't tell him about her just suddenly lifting objects as if they were nothing. She didn't want to accept it. What if it was a sign that Midnight Sparkle was returning?

"Yep, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? Everything;s under control!" She said with a nervous smile.

"Well ok, but you know if you ever need anything, you can tell me, alright?" Sonic told her as Twilight bit her lip. If only she could actually do that.

"Sure thing." She said as she walked past him to the dock as Sonic looked on. As he turned around, he saw Sunset Shimmer emerging from her tent with Spike.

"You know if something's bothering Twilight? She seemed shaken up about something." He asked her.

Sunset was going to tell Sonic about Twilights power before she suddenly remembered how she didn't want anyone else to now about it, so she kept silent about that as she and Spike exchanged glances.

"No, not really. Maybe she's feeling a little bus sick after being on the bus for so long." Sunset said as Spike nodded in agreement as Sonic just raised an eyebrow. Something about her answer seemed off. Just then, Gloriosa came past the two of them.

"Come on you two! The best thing ever is starting!" She urged as she headed to the dock, still wearing her smile.

"Sheesh, she gives Pinkie a run for her money in the happiness department." Sonic noticed

"Yeah, kind of creeps me out." Sunset said to him and Spike.

The two of them alongside Spike then headed off the dock to join their fellow campers to begin their week at camp.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! It's SonicAKG back with an all new story. I've been waiting a long time to write this story as LOE is one of my favourite movies in the EQG franchise. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy my take on this and thanks for reading, fav and review!