• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 2,811 Views, 29 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree - SonicAKG



Magic at Camp Everfree? Is there something sinister behind it?

  • ...
3
 29
 2,811

Enter the Magic

As Sunset was walking around the camp looking for Twilight she noticed her tent and began to approach it. She immediately noticed Sonic walking past in front of her and the two of them stopped in their tracks to chat.

"Sonic, I'd just like to say, thanks for helping me and Twilight back there." She began.

"Don't sweat it. What was Shadow's deal anyway?" He replied.

"I'm not sure. He just started asking the two of us what happened. He seemed pretty hostile, even for him. But I feel like this was more directed towards Twilight for some reason." Sunset explained.

"Twilight? What problem could he have with her? Man, I was hoping he'd cool it with his bad attitude. We're on a break!" Sonic stated.

Sunset put her hands to her chin. "Your guess is as good as mine. Speaking of Twilight, have you seen her around? I haven't seen her since the dock crash."

"No." Sonic answered. "Is she okay, by the way? I bumped into her earlier and she seemed pretty freaked out by something. You have any idea why?"

Sunset bit her lip. She promised Twilight she wouldn't tell anyone about her whole issue with Midnight Sparkle, even their friends. She just shrugged.

"Could be anything. If you see her, let me know." Sunset answered as she began to head into her tent.

Sonic responded with a thumbs up as he watched Sunset disappear into her tent.


Later In the forest, Sunset had managed to convince Spike to come along as they searched for Twilight. Good news was that they found out that she was okay; she was even with Timber.

Due to the chemistry they saw happening with the two of them from a nearby shrub, they decided to wait on talking to Twilight about her issues. As Sunset got up from her shrub, she didn't notice that Shadow as also accompanying her from afar, observing Twilight from a nearby tree. He was in deep thought at what he had heard earlier about Twilight.

I can't let her out my sights. For now, it's likely she was responsible for the dock incident based on what I heard. She has some power and if she can't control, then there's a problem. He thought to himself before he vanished in a blue flash.


Back at the campground, Rarity was doing rock climbing with Applejack spotting her under Celestia's vision. In line, an impatient Rainbow Dash was waiting alongside Knuckles and Silver as Rarity seemed quite nervous, even if one of her best friends was watching her back.

"Rarity, hurry up!" Rainbow Dash called from below, impatiently.

"Don't rush me! I'm getting there!" Rarity called back in an equal vocal pitch.

"By the time you're done, it'll already be night!" Rainbow Dash retorted.

"It's not hard. I do it all the time." Knuckles said to try and be supportive.

"Well, Rarity doesn't have spikes on her knuckles and isn't as strong as you are." Applejack reminded him.

Twilight had emerged out of the edge of the forest with Timber and the two of them parted ways as Timber went to check up on his sister. As Twilight began to walk forward closer to the campground, Shadow teleported in front of her, startling her a bit as she jumped back.

"Shadow?!" She called out as she managed to regain her composure. "What are you doing?! Sunset said to hold back on your powers, remember?"

"Hmph, I could say the same to you." He replied, in his usual brooding manner, making her confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm just trying to make sure that everything is under control, that nothing dangerous happens again."

Now Twilight began to feel uneasy. His words were oddly specific. Was it possible? Did Shadow know about her issues with Midnight Sparkle?

"I still don't understand?" She nervously said.

"Sure you don't." He cryptically answered as he just simply walked away, leaving her not in too good of mood as she held her arm again and put her head down a little.

"Twilight!" She heard Sunset's voice say as she turned around to see her holding Spike, briefly snapping her out of it.

Before Shadow could move ahead further as he walked past Flash, Bulk and Derpy, he heard a loud rumbling noise along with the others, causing him to turn around.

"What now?" He said before he noticed a trail of crystal gems on the floor alongside the other students.

"When did that get here?!" Bulk cried out loud.

At the rock stand, Rarity squealed out in fright as she desperately hung on to her rope.

"Someone get me down!" She demanded.

"Rarity, are you okay?" Silver asked her from the bottom.

"I will be as soon as someone gets me down!" She yelled.

"I gotcha!" Applejack said as she began to pull the harness.

She felt as if she didn't use that much force, but when she tugged, her hands began to glow and Rarity suddenly was sent coming down towards the ground at high speed, much to everyone else's distress. Rarity shrieked as Applejack managed to get a hold of the harness rope before Rarity hit the ground.

"APPLEJACK, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" Rarity screamed as she got down.

"Ah'm sorry! Didn't mean for that to happen!" Applejack replied in a defensive manner.

"Maybe the rope is a little loose or broken." Knuckles suggested.

"It seems fine to me." Celestia said as she examined the harness.

Sunset, Twilight, Spike, Shadow and the rest of the nearby students arrived at the scene.

"Ah didn' even pull that hard. It was like Rarity weighed nothing." Applejack said in a confused manner.

"Talk about my weight some other time! I don't need to be insulted after I almost fell to my doom!" Rarity told her with a glare.

"Here, let me help you with tha-" AppleJack started to say as she saw Rarity was having trouble with the harness but Rarity held her hands up in defence.

"I think you've helped enough!" She snapped as suddenly a giant white diamoned shaped projectile emerged from her hands and pushed Applejack away into a nearby stream. A splash was then heard.

Much to the surprise of everyone present as their mouths hanged open save for Shadow, whose eyes simply widened.

"And we were told to keep our powers in check." Knuckles said.

"Rarity? How are you doing that?" Silver asked her approached her.

Rarity looked down in awe at her hands and what just happened before she turned to Silver.

'I'm not sure. I-" She was saying as another projectile was created and nearly hit Silver in the head before he ducked just in time.

"Oh my! I didn't mean to-" Rarity continued as she stuck her hands out and two projectiles emerged as one began to push Knuckles away as he struggled to move against it while Silver held the other in his place with his psychic powers in a green aura before crushing it into pieces.

As Knuckles grunted as he was pushed away, he clenched his fist and shattered the diamond as he let out a sigh.

"I'm so sorry!" Rarity said as both Knuckles and Applejack walked back after being pushed away.

Applejack was soaking wet and she didn't look too happy. Rarity was now focusing on her hands, still having a hard time believing what she had just done.

Shadow kept quiet during the whole situation and as he did, he saw Twilight wearing a guilty expression, just like the one he saw before. This caught his eye.

"I think Applejack needs a towel. I'll go get her one." He heard her say as she walked off just as Sunset volunteered to go with her.

Shadow saw the two of them walk off and he could tell Sunset was trying to reassure Twilight.

This was unexpected. Her powers are getting unstable but to think it could affect the others.


In the camp kitchen room, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Manic looked on as Tails was placing the last few drops of frosting on cookies.

"Easy....easy.....done!" He said as he squeezed the last drop to finish a picture of the Canterlot mascot on the second to last cookie he decorated.

"It's about time." Manic said.

"Hey, decorating cookies requires just as much precision as mechanical repairs." Tails said in a defensive tone.

"I seriously doubt that." Manic said with skepticism as he moved to the back of the kitchen to search for some frosting.

"These cookies look amazing. I'm sure everyone's going to love them." Fluttershy stated.

"Yeah. But you know what they could use..... more sprinkles!" Pinkie said as she took out the sprinkle jar in her hand and began to pour some in her hand as she tossed them around like crazy.

"Take it easy, Pinkie. I think you're-" Tails started to say before he was caught off by the sprinkles suddenly beginning to glow, surprising him and Fluttershy.

"Uh...." He said stumped

"Wow! These must be special kinds of sprinkles!" Pinkie said in awe.

The sprinkles continued to glow and they began to shake uncontrollably as if they could burst.

"Oooooohh!!!" Pinkie said. "So pretty!!!!"

"I don't like the look of that." Fluttershy said with concern as the sprinkles grew more unstable as they glowed more aggressively.

"I think something's about to blow. We should take cover!" Tails suggested as he, Pinkie and Fluttershy came down beneath table just as Manic approached with a can of frosting.

"Okay, now let's finish the- what the?" He said in a confused manner as he came in front of the glowing sprinkles.

BOOM!

A loud explosion occurred as Fluttershy yelped and Manic was blown through the doors of the kitchen and he slid against the floor before he stopped in front of Sunset and Twilight, much to their shock. His face was covered in glitter and he was dazed.

"Manic! Are you ok?" Sunset asked as she and Twilight helped him rise to his feet.

Manic coughed out a puff of pink smoke and held his head.

"What happened?" Twilight asked.

"In there." He answered as he pointed forward. The three of them entered the kitchen to see Tails, Fluttershy and Pinkie, the latter who had large smile on her face and the whole room covered in dough.

"What's going on here?" Sunset asked.

"We- we were just decorating our cookies and then-" Fluttershy started to explain before Pinkie interjected.

"The sprinkles went boom! Like this!" Pinkie said as she took some sprinkles in her hand and it made a smaller explosion.

After the pink, glittery, dust cloud vanished, everyone's hair was sent back.

"How did you do that?" Tails asked Pinkie in a bewildered. "I mean, you've done a lot of things that aren't possible but this is just crazy."

Pinkie shrugged. "I dunno, but it's fun!" She started to reach for more sprinkles but Sunset grabbed her hands.

"Why don't we lay off the explosions for a while?" She suggested.

"I'll get cleaned up." Fluttershy said as she went to the back of the room to look for some cleaning supplies.

As she struggled to reach some and asked for help, she drew the attention of a nearby bird. As it chirped, Fluttershy found herself.... understanding it and actually engaged in a conversation. Manic noticed her talking to the bird.

"Uh, Fluttershy? Did that explosion rock your head a bit?" He asked, as she turned to him alongside the bird.

The bird suddenly chirped again.

"What? No, you can't use his hair as a nest. I don't think he'd like that." Fluttershy told the bird as Manic raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you talking to?" He asked.

Before she answered, Fluttershy found herself surrounded by an array of birds and she looked a little uncomfortable. This caught everyone else's attention as they looked on.

"Was it... the birds?" Sunset asked

"Uh... yes?" Fluttershy nervously answered.

Just then, Rarity and AppleJack entered alongside Knuckles, Silver, and Shadow.

"Did you guys hear? It was so weird. When I lifted up Rarity, I felt like I had more strength than normal. Like.." Applejack said.

"Super Strength?" Knuckles finished.

"Yeah. That perfectly describes it." Applejack agreed.

"I, on the other hand, was able to create the most magnificent diamonds out of thin air. They were gorgeous! Now, come to think of it, Knuckles, Silver, you two shouldn't have shattered them. I mean, such a waste of fine jewelry. I-" Rarity went on.

"Uh, Rarity. Can you focus on what's important?" Silver reminded her as he stopped her from getting even more off track.

"Ahem. Yes. I could make diamonds appear out of thin air." She explained.

Applejack looked around the room and then she scratched her head.

"Come to think of it, has anyone seen Rainbow Dash?" She asked.

Before she could receive an answer, a rainbow streak came through the door and zipped past everyone before crashing into the wall, revealing itself as Rainbow Dash.

"OW!" She said as she rose up from the floor with Applejack's help.

"Rainbow Dash? What happened to you?" Tails asked.

"I don't know! I ran to get a harness and then the next thing I knew, I was halfway across town!" She exclaimed.

"You were moving so fast. Like Sonic." Rarity noted.

"What's like me?" Sonic said from the door as everyone turned around to see him. "I was napping and then I heard a bunch of screaming. Anyone care to explain what's happening?"

"Well, as of now, we just learned Rainbow Dash has super speed." Twilight said, making Sonic eye's perk up with interest.

"What?! When and how?!" Sonic eagerly asked her. "This is awesome! Now we can finally race! I still expect to win of course."

"I'm not sure about either of those things. When I was town, I noticed my speed was gone until I got back into camp." Rainbow answered.

"What? That means-" Sonic said.

"Camp is giving us magic powers!" Pinkie yelled out loud.

"Wait, it's not just Rainbow?" Sonic asked as the Mane 5 nodded.

"So does that mean the whole no super power embargo is gone? Finally?! I was getting so bored without my speed." Manic said with relief.

"Hold up, Manic. I mean, I haven't gotten anything and neither has Twilight." Sunset stated.

"Are you certain?" Shadow asked as all eyes were on him now and Twilight looked uneasy.

"Seems that way." Sunset insisted.

"Maybe it's just uncontrollable." He suggested.

As he said that last word, he turned to Twilight and she tried her best to avoid eye contact.

"I think it's something at the camp." Sunset said.

"What? Gaea Everfree? That's just a story... Right?" Tails said.

Everyone else looked a little unsure. In this world, it might as well be true.

The doors opened once more, making Fluttershy scream, but it just turned out to be Gloriosa with some towels and a hat for AppleJack. When she saw the mess, she lowered them to the ground.

"Uhhhhh....What happened here?" She asked slowly.

"You're asking the wrong people." Sonic told her.

As more students arrived with camp issues and Timber informing her that Filthy Rich had returned, Gloriosa, with an upbeat smile, returned outside to deal with all the problems. As she did, an announcement regarding paper lanterns was made.

"Ya know, despite all this crazy magic stuff and the fact that being super strong is cool, I still want to try and have a normal summer." Applejack decided.

"I'm with you. I'm not sure if all this magic stuff is the best for the camp. I'm starting to like this place." Knuckles agreed.

"What Knux, you're not afraid that a girl's stronger than you, are ya?" Sonic teased as Knuckles gave him an annoyed look.

"How'd you like to take a swim, Sonic?" Knuckles shot back as the two of them gave each other cocky smiles.

"Applejack has a point, I think we can deal with this later. For now, we should try and enjoy camp. I mean, it's why we came here in the first place." Sunset said as mostly everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

There were still so many activities that they each wanted to undergo.

"What? Still no powers? Ugh... fine." Manic reluctantly said before he joined the others as they headed out, except for Shadow, who was still going over the whole situation.

Now they all have super abilities. She's getting more and more unpredictable. What would be-? Shadow was thinking before he was suddenly grabbed by Pinkie, who yanked him outside, interrupting his chain of thought.


It was now the evening and the campers were now decorating their lanterns with Gloriosa and the two chaperones overlooking. The Mane 7 were decorating their lanterns with their respective cutie mark symbols. Pinkie was an exception as she put.... marshmallows on her, hoping it would be beautiful and delicious.

Sonic decorated his with his trademark head symbol, Tails drew two fox tails, while Knuckles put the Master Emerald with Silver using the cyan symbols and his gloves and Manic depicting two drumsticks with a thunderbolt between them. The group was together at the tables, except for Twilight, who was alone with Spike.

She was worried that she was infecting her friends via Midnight Sparkle deep within her and was talking with her loyal companion to try and find a solution. Meanwhile, Timber, having made his own lantern, was going and checking the ones made by the campers.

"All right. Nice work, everyone." He praised before he stopped to look at the one Shadow made.

It was...unique. He had a drawn a red swirl of some sort with four spikes emerging from the top and one large one at the bottom. Timber was perplexed as he scratched his head.

"Uh... if you don't mind me asking, what is that?" He asked, causing Shadow to turn around and face him.

"If you must know, it's a symbol of who I am. Who I was created to be. It represents my resolve to never let my past consume me again and I choose my own destiny." Shadow explained to him as Timber just looked so lost at what he had just heard.

There was an awkward silence between them.

"Huh... neat." Timber finally said as he backed away slowly. Okay... he's weird.

Gloriosa then announced it was time to let the lanterns fly as the campers approached. As they did, Timber got to meet up with Twilight, liking her lantern and showing her his, which was of his face. Unfortunately, she didn't seem too interested, leaving him stumped as she walked off, still troubled. Shortly after, Sonic came up to him.

"Hey, you did your face. Me too!" Sonic said as he displayed his lantern.

"Oh, nice." Timber said as the two of them fist bumped. "Sonic, was it? Do you mind if I ask you something?"

"Sure, shoot." Sonic replied.

"It looks like you know Twilight pretty well. Right now, it looks like she doesn't feel like herself. Do you know if anything's bothering her?" Timber questioned.

"Man, I wish I knew. Not gonna lie, I've been wondering about that myself. I hope she's okay. But if I learn anything, I'll let you know." Sonic offered.

"Cool. Thanks, man." Timber said as they fist bumped again.

The campers gathered around and all together, they released their lanterns into the air. The night sky was filled up with a variety of lights as they lanterns were like stars to accommodate the glowing moon. It was truly a sight to behold as most of the students looked on in awe. Pinkie's didn't float, but it didn't bother her too much as she still had a tasty treat. Shadow, as usual, wasn't too impressed, which Gloriosa noticed.

"You don't look like you're having fun." She said in a cheery manner behind him as he turned around and noticed.

Shadow just shrugged. "I don't have much fun."

"Well, this is supposed to be the best camp experience ever. Is there anything I can do to make it better for you. Anything at all?" Gloriosa asked eagerly as Shadow's expression was still the same.

"No."

Gloriosa eye's twitched a little with frustration but she kept on a smile.

"You'll come around! Remember, just come to me when it comes to you. I got this!" Gloriosa stated.

"So you say." Shadow replied, still in his brooding voice.

As the lanterns entered the sky, Twilight looked on. It made her a little better seeing all of the beauty, but right then, she realized what she had to do.


Later that night as Sunset was still asleep, Twilight had managed to pack all of her things alongside Spike. She was careful enough to not wake Sunset as she and Spike quietly left the tent.

"I'm sorry, Sunset." She said softly before she left .

Twilight and Spike walked out. It looked like all the other campers were asleep.

"Twilight, are you sure this a good idea?" Spike asked her.

"It's the best way. I can't risk ruining my friends' summer." Twilight insisted. "I-

Twilight was cut off as she saw the lights on in a nearby tent. She and Spike quickly went behind it to wait out for a while. As they did, they heard voices.

"Who would've thought the girls would get powers here of all places?" Silver was saying before he yawned out loud and climbed into his bed.

"You could say being around that Twilight girl is full of surprises." Shadow answered from his mattress as he sat straight up.

When Twilight heard her name, she listened even more.

"What does that mean? What does Twilight have to do with this?" Silver said quizzically as he turned to face Shadow.

"You remember that event at the Friendship Games where she went out of control and turned into that monster. What I'm saying is, what if she still can't control all that darkness inside her? We need to keep an eye on her." Shadow replied.

"Shadow, I don't think you're being fair. Come on, what happened back there wasn't her fault." Silver said.

"Whether it was her fault or not, it was still her who transformed. She had access to all that magical power, there's a good chance it's still lingering deep within her. It could be the cause of everything here." Shadow went on. "We have to be cautious of her and monitor her activities, so that doesn't happen again. She's a potential threat to everyone here."

Twilight had heard enough. Shadow was right. She was a danger to everyone. She had to leave now.

"You see?" She told Spike. "We should leave as quickly as possible."

Twilight stood up and continued onward throughout the forest.


"Knuckles, Knuckles, Knuckles...Wake up, Knucklehead!"

Knuckles slowly opened his eyes and before him, he saw Sonic, fully dressed and up and ready.

"Good, now that you're up. Let's go." Sonic told him

"Go do what?" Knuckles asked in a tired tone.

"What do you think? We're going to find Gaea Everfree."Sonic informed him.

"Why do you want to do that? It's just a story anyway." Knuckles said.

"Yeah, right. You've seen all the things that are happening. It's no coincidence. Anyway, let's go." Sonic insisted.

"I'm tired." Knuckles said as he pulled the sheets over him.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Man, I didn't figure you to be the cowardly type. Guess you really were spooked by that story." Sonic said with a sigh.

Hearing this made Knuckles shoot straight out of bed as gave Sonic a glare.

"I'm not scared anything, especially not some dumb nature spirit. If it'll shut you up, I'll come with you." Knuckles snapped.

"Cool. I'll be waiting outside of our tent." Sonic said as he left to allow Knuckles to get ready. As he stood outside, he chuckled. "Heh, works like a charm."

Knuckles came out after a few minutes, which seemed like forever to Sonic.

"What took you so long?" Sonic asked impatiently.

"Gimme a break. Now what?" Knuckles asked

"We head to Tails. He should be up by now. I sent him a text a while back." Sonic answered.

The two of them headed to Tails tent and sure enough, they found him already outside.

"Nice. Hey, is Manic getting ready or what?" Sonic asked.

"He said he's not interested.He said he's too tired to deal with this." Tails explained.

"He's not the only one." Knuckles replied in a groggy tone.

"Oh well, his loss. All right guys, let's head out." Sonic declared.

The three of them headed towards the forest and began to march out deeper inside of it.

"So, what do you plan to do after we find Gaea Everfree?" Knuckles asked.

"If we find her. I still doubt that she exist." Tails said.

"Be open-minded, man. Anyway, I dunno. I figured I'd just go with the flow." Sonic said with a shrug.

"I'd like to avoid a fight if we can, but I'm ready to knock some heads." Knuckles said as he cracked his fist.

Tails suddenly stopped, which both of his friends noticed as they turned around to see why.

"What's up, bro?" Sonic asked.

"Hey, do you guys hear that? I hear voices, from this side." Tails said as he began to go left through some trees with Sonic and Knuckles following.

"-And the rest of our friends can be there for you, too. But not if you run away." The three of them heard Sunset say.

They looked and saw she was talking to Twilight. It turns out, Sunset had received a power. She could read others thoughts and emotions as long as she was in physical contact with them.

"Sunset, Twilight?" Sonic said out loud, making the two girls turn to see him with Knuckles and Tails.

"Sonic, Knuckles, Tails? What are you guys doing out here? At this hour?" Sunset asked.

"We're supposed to be looking for Gaea Everfree. What are you doing out here?" Tails asked.

"Who's running away?" Knuckles added.

Twilight looked uneasy, not sure if she was ready to explain but Sunset put a reassuring hand on her shoulder and gave her a nod. Twilight returned it.

"Like I said, our friends can help." Sunset said in a reassuring manner.

Twilight then turned to three of them. "I was."

"Why would you do that?" Knuckles asked.

Twilight sighed.

"I'm afraid. Of Midnight Sparkle. I'm afraid that I'm losing control over her power and she's infecting all of my friends. Causing all this stuff to happen." Twilight explained to the three of them.

"So that's what bothering you." Sonic realized.

"Twilight, that's ridiculous. You don't know that for sure." Tails told her.

"It's what I said. Twilight, don't blame yourself for something you're not entirely sure of." Sunset told her.

"But it could be. It's why Shadow doesn't trust me. I overheard him telling Silver that he thinks I could go out of control again and I'm afraid he might be right." Twilight confessed.

"Ah, that faker. That explains his attitude." Sonic said as he rolled his eyes.

"Twilight, you've got to stop beating yourself up over this. No one holds it against you." Knuckles told her.

"Shadow does." She said softly.

"Well, that's just him. Listen Twilight, we're your friends, so if you're in trouble, you should let us know instead of being all secretive about it.
All that angst might turn you into a female Shadow. And speaking of which, I'll talk to him. But right now, it's important that you stay." Sonic reassured her with his hand on her shoulder.

Twilight looked up and she looked around to see Knuckles, Tails and Sunset smile at her alongside Spike. Seeing all of her friends support, made her feel better.

"Okay, I will. But, I don't want the others to know about this just yet. And I don't think I should be too close until we know for sure what's going on." Twilight said.

"That's okay." Sunset said.

Suddenly, the 6 of them heard rustling in the bushes, startling them a bit.

"What was that?" Tails said.

Suddenly, out of the bushes, Timber emerged, holding a giant ax, scaring the living daylight out of everyone as they all screamed and he did too.

"Wait, Twilight? What are all of you doing out of your tents?" Timber asked.

"The better question is, why are you out here with an ax? You look like some psycho!" Sonic exclaimed.

"I was chopping firewood for tomorrow." Timber explained. "Anyway, why are you guys out so late?"

"I was sleepwalking and Sunset helped me find my way." Twilight said. Timber then turned to Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails to hear their explanation.

"Oh, we were looking for Gaea Everfree." Knuckles said as Timber gave them a strange look.

"You actually want to find the spirit that's terrorizing everyone?" Timber asked.

"What can I say, I like a little danger." Sonic answered.

"It's just a story anyway." Sunset said.

"I dunno. How else do you explain everything that's happening? Come on, I know a shortcut." Timber said as he took Twilights hand and walked her back.

"Yeah, sounds good to me. So much for our little adventure." Knuckles said.

"Another night." Sonic replied as he and Knuckles walked ahead. "Looks like you're safe for now, Knucklehead."

"Oh, Ha ha." Knuckles simply replied in a dry manner.

Tails walked after them shortly and just as Sunset was going to join them, she and Spike spotted a familiar crystal dust... that was coming out of Timber's pocket. She stopped and formed a suspicious look on her face.

"Tails!" She said in a loud whisper which he heard as he turned back to face her. "Come look at this."

After he came to their location, Tails crouched down and he noticed the crystal dust .

"Look familiar?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah, it looks like the crystal stuff that's been around every time Gaea Everfree allegedly shows up." Tails said.

"It was coming out of Timber's pocket." Sunset said as they looked back to see. It was true. His pocket was leaving a tiny trail.

"Looks like we've found our Gaea Everfree." Sunset said.

"Wow, this wasn't what was I expecting when I wanted to find 'her'." Tails said.

"Why? He seems like a nice guy." Spike asked.

"You heard him in the forest. He's always wanted to sell the camp. An evil nature spirit causing havoc seems to work for him." Sunset answered.

"Ooooh, we're solving a mystery. I've always wanted to do that. Anyway, what do we do now?" Tails asked.

"We should do some more digging so we can be sure." Sunset said as Tails and Spike agreed.