• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 2,811 Views, 29 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree - SonicAKG



Magic at Camp Everfree? Is there something sinister behind it?

  • ...
3
 29
 2,811

The Mystery Solved

The Mystery Solved

Sonic and Knuckles followed Tails as he led them on a trail into the forest. As they walked deeper into it, Sonic spoke up.

"So Tails, how exactly do you know we're going to solve this whole Gaea Everfree thing?" Sonic asked him.

"You'll see what I'm talking about." Tails told him.

"Aren't we not allowed near the rock quarry anyway?" Knuckles brought up.

"Come on, Knux. Since when do we follow the rules?" Sonic said as he elbowed him.

He had a point. Suddenly, from a distance, the three of them noticed a giant purple flash from above them, stopping them in their tracks as they gazed up in awe.

"What was that?" Knuckles asked.

"Was that Gaea Everfree?" Sonic added.

"Guess we're about to find out." Tails said.

Before they could walk any further, they heard the sound of a girl screaming and turned left. There, they saw Sunset covering Twilight's mouth; Spike was beside her.

"Sunset!" Tails called, catching her attention as she saw the three of them.

"You guys are here, perfect. Come on over." Sunset motioned as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles followed her, Twilight and Spike into some nearby bushes.

From the leaves, the six of them peered forward and saw the entrance of the rock quarry. It was covered by two boulders with some vines coming out of them, but there was a crack small enough for a person to fit into. It emitted a purple glow from it.

"Why'd you call us out here?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, you mind explaining just what's going on?" Sonic questioned.

"We'll find all our answers in there. Come on." Sunset said as she emerged from the bushes and headed to the rock quarry.

The others followed her shortly into the entrance.

Inside the rock quarry was a dark cave with stalagmites emerging from it everywhere. However, it had numerous reddish-purple crystals that shined brightly. What stood out in the center, was the only source of light. It was a large white crystal formation of rocks.

Everyone looked on in wonder at the cave as they walked through it. It was truly a beautiful sight. Sonic whistled in an impressed manner.

"Wow. This place is just..." Twilight said, at a loss for words.

"Reminds me of the Hidden Palace." Knuckles commented

"I can feel it... There's Equestrian Magic here." Sunset realized as she clenched her fist.

"Wait up. Wasn't Timber faking all the magic stuff?" Spike asked.

"Spike is right. Earlier, we deduced that Timber made up that whole Gaea Everfree stuff. If you say there's magic... then doesn't that mean it's real?" Tails pointed out.

"Timber?" Sonic said in a confused manner as he, Twilight and Knuckles stopped to ask the others.

"What does he have to do with this?" Twilight questioned.

"Timber has nothing to do with anything." They all heard Gloriosa's voice say from behind them.

Sunset and the others turned around to see her emerging from a nearby stalagmite. She had a tranquil look on her face.

"It's all me." Gloriosa confessed in an ominous tone, much to everyone's surprise.

"Gloriosa? You're trying to scare everyone away?" Sunset said in a perplexed manner.

"You have me all wrong, Sunset. That's the opposite of my intentions." Gloriosa said as she approached the group.

"Okay, now I'm just confused. Who is Gaea Everfree? Is she even real or not?" Sonic stated as scratched the back of his head.

Gloriosa ignored him and continued to walk walk past by. As she did, Sunset managed to grab a hold of her arm. Doing so allowed her to see Gloriosa's thoughts and memories.


Sunset saw Gloriosa desperately begging Filthy Rich to keep the camp as she had fallen on her payments in her office. He had agreed to give her until the end of the month, but it still wasn't a real solution as Gloriosa put her head down on her desk. Later, Gloriosa was crying near a stream in the forest, wondering what she could do to keep the camp.

As her tears fell in the water as she looked at her reflection, she noticed a glowing purple mist. She looked up and saw the mist flying above her from somewhere. Gloriosa wiped her tears and followed the source. It had led her to the rock quarry, which she entered.

She then found herself in the cave and discovered the crystalline structure in the center. As she approached it, she noticed seven small geodes colored red, blue, yellow, white, orange, purple and pink. In amazement, she placed her hand over them and a surge of red electricity was sent through her body, sending her back.

Before she hit the ground, a series of vines formed a cushion for her. Gloriosa looked on, not sure at what happened.

"What is this place?" She asked out loud.

"Ah, it appears I have a visitor." She heard a voice say.

Gloriosa looked forward and from the darkness of the cave emerged a figure. He had brown skin, a rhinoceros horn from his head, large bat ears and even a tail with deep red eyes as his mouth contained spiky teeth.His chin was covered by a long spiked white beard.

He wore a black wizard hat with a red stripe alongside a purple tunic with purple pants. He had gray gloves and boots covered with gold bands. Gloriosa saw he had a clawed lobster hand as well. She backed away a little, not sure what to make of this stranger.

"Wh-who are you?" She asked in a somewhat frightened tone.

"No need to be frightened, child. My name is Ixis Naugus. This might be hard to believe, but I am a wizard and this is my current domain." The figure introduced as he did a bow.

"A wizard? Your domain?" Gloriosa said as she opened her palm to reveal she had taken five geodes except for the orange and purple one. "So, these geodes are yours?"

"Yes, my dear. I am a magician who specializes in crystal magic. Observe." Naugus said as he clawed hand glowed and he fired a small beam in front of Gloriosa.

The result was a small emergence of white crystals from the ground. Gloriosa was astonished.

"See? As a magician, I've lived here for a while, but I've been venturing in other parts of the world, offering my services to those in need. I've just recently returned home." Naugus explained.

He studied Gloriosa's face and he could tell she had been crying.

"What is wrong, my child? Why were you crying?" He asked with 'concern'.

"Oh, well it's just terrible. This greedy man named Filthy Rich is threatening to take away my family's camp from here and I can't bring up enough money to pay him. I can't lose this camp! My family's been here for generations! I just don't know what to do!" Gloriosa explained in a frustrated manner.

Naugus stroked his long beard, deep in thought.

"Well, my dear. I think you've found the solution. Use the geodes you've found. I take it you've already realized they have some magic on them. I'll lend them to you so you can figure out your problem." Naugus offered as Gloriosa looked stunned.

"Really? You mean that? I'm not sure. I mean-" Gloriosa said before Naugus' horn glowed green and so did Gloriosa's eyes.

"I insist." He said.

"I will." Gloriosa said as all the hesitation left her voice and she placed the geodes near her heat. "Oh, thank you so much!"

"My pleasure. But, can I ask you a favor? Right now, only you are aware of my existence here and I'd like to keep it that way. I fear what may happen if the wrong kind of people stumbled upon this place. Such as that Filthy Rich person you mentioned." Naugus requested.

"I promise! Anything for helping me!" Gloriosa quickly agreed.

"Splendid." Naugus said with a sly smile.

Later on back in her office, Gloriosa was arguing with her brother about her usage of magic, Timber claiming it was too dangerous to use, but Gloriosa thought she could control their power with practice as she demonstrated it to him.

Sunset saw that Gloriosa was responsible for all the magical occurrences, using her powers to move the boat from earlier, cause a rumbling sound by moving the rocks to allow to pass. She had even taken control of the vines and trees to try and take Shadow back to camp but was met with resistance.

As she fled the scene, she dropped a dandelion from her hair on the ground. Earlier from today, Sunset saw another heated argument between her and Timber as he urged her to give up the geodes, but she flat out refused.


Sunset let go of Gloriosa's hand and stumbled back as she held her head.

"The one behind all the magic was you! You were trying to use magic to make everything better and Timber was trying to get you to give it up! When he couldn't... he covered for you." Sunset realized.

"Wait, so does that mean she's Gaea Everfree?" Knuckles asked as he pointed to Gloriosa.

"I just wish he hadn't made up that ridiculous story! But how do you know all that?" Gloriosa said in a quizzical tone.

"Because... I have magic too. And so do my friends." Sunset explained.

'Well, not us." Tails pointed out.

"But, who is this Naugus?" Sunset asked

The moment Sunset uttered the word 'Naugus', Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails froze as their eyes widened.

"Did you say Naugus?!" Sonic yelled in an exasperated manner.

"Gloriosa, my dear, what is going on here? I heard some noises coming from the back, so I decided to come investigate."

Everyone heard Naugus say as they turned to see him emerge from the depths of the cave again. When they saw him, Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails gasped while the color drained from Naugus' face as his eyes landed on the three of them as he grit his teeth.

"Ixis Naugus!" The three of them said, much to the confusion of Sunset, Spike, Twilight, and Gloriosa.

"You know him?" Twilight asked.

"Naugus, how do they know your name?" Gloriosa asked as she turned to Naugus and started to approach him.

"Gloriosa, get back!" Tails yelled, stopping Gloriosa. "Don't trust a word he says!"

"Huh?" Gloriosa uttered as she turned back.

Naugus' face looked extremely nervous.

"Gloriosa, what-what is the meaning of this? I told you that I didn't want you to tell anyone about me." Naugus started.

"I didn't! But, how do they know you?" Gloriosa asked as she faced Naugus once more.

"I-" Naugus started before Knuckles cut him off.

"Get away from her, you creep!" He barked.

"Gloriosa, this is Ixis Naugus. He's an evil magician whose tried to take over the world plenty of times! We've run into him a lot and managed to stop him each time!" Sonic explained as he pointed an accusing finger at Naugus, who growled as Gloriosa turned to him with an unsure look.

"Silence!" Naugus roared. "Gloriosa, surely you don't believe these lies? I've done nothing but help you remember? I allowed you to use my geodes."

"These aren't yours! This is Equestrian Magic, from the land of Equestria!" Sunset interrupted as Naugus scowled.

"Gloriosa, he's been lying to you the entire time. He doesn't own anything here." Tails added.

"But he told me..." Gloriosa said in a soft tone.

"Forget everything he said! It's all crap." Sonic insisted.

"Shut your mouth, Quickster!" Naugus screamed.

His usage of that term indicated a sense of familiarity with Sonic, which Gloriosa noticed. She turned back to Sunset and the others and then back at Naugus. She was totally lost now and didn't know who to believe.

"Naugus. Tell me the truth, what's going on?" Gloriosa asked.

"Gloriosa, I can explain. Listen I-" Naugus began as he tried to think of a good lie but he knew his cover was blown as he noticed the angry looks of Sonic and the others.

"Bah!" Naugus yelled as he raised his hand in the air. "I won't let anyone interfere with my plans any longer!"

Naugus' horn glowed and Gloriosa's eyes instantly flashed a stronger green glow as they widened. Her arms lowered and it seemed as if though she was in a trance-like state as she just stood in front of Naugus.

"Hey, what did you do to her?!" Sunset demanded.

"Nothing that concerns you! Now, Gloriosa, you just need more magic. Why not help yourself?" Naugus suggested to the blank Gloriosa.

"I don't think so, ugly!" Knuckles yelled as he and Sonic began to charge to Naugus.

However, a series of vines emerged from the floor and wrapped around them, catching them mid air. Gloriosa had one hand stuck out as she controlled the vines, still in a trance as her hand was surrounded by green energy.

"Hey!" Sonic said as he and Knuckles struggled before the vines tightened their grip and smashed the two of them on the ground.

"Sonic! Knuckles!" Twilight yelled as she, Spike, Sunset, and Tails went to check on them.

However, they had vines wrapped around them as well as they grunted.

"Thank you, Gloriosa." Naugus said before she turned to him. "Now, take more!"

Gloriosa placed her hand to grab the last two geodes, which she added to the necklace on her neck. As she did, the geodes glowed white and crackled with green lightning.

"Allow me! Naugus said as he placed his lobster hand which was now glowing green near the necklace, tapping into the geodes power while he also infused them with some of his own. As he did, the geodes began to glow green.

"Nooo!!!" Sonic, Sunset, Twilight, Tails, Knuckles, and Spike yelled as Naugus began to laugh maniacally.

"Yes! I can feel these geodes power!" Naugus stated.

A giant green flash emerged, blowing everyone back and releasing them from the vine's grip as they landed on the floor. When they rose up, they saw that Gloriosa had changed completely. Her hair was now a turquoise color and very wild and long with light green stripes through it.

She wore a green top alongside a green skirt decorated with purple flowers. Her arms were covered in brown wood and she had green leggings with brown wrapped around them. Her skin was now a purple color and on her face, she had purple mascara.

Her sclera was black with small green glowing eyes. Naugus stood there triumphantly with green lighting around him and his eyes flashing as Twilight and the others looked mortified.

"What did you do?!" Twilight asked

"I simply infused the power of those geodes with some of my own magic, turning her into my loyal minion. As well, during the process, I was able to augment my own abilities with those stones! You can't defeat me!" Naugus boasted.

"Oh, we'll see about that, freak!" Sonic challenged. "Come on guys, let's rush him!"

Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails began to charge towards Naugus again, but he simply smirked.

"Allow me to demonstrate, Quickster!" Naugus said as both of his hands glowed and he released a white crystal energy wave in front of him, engulfing not only Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails, but Sunset, Spike and Twilight as well.

When the wave was gone, the 6 of them were now trapped and frozen inside giant white crystals. Naugus formed an evil grin.

"Ha! Victory is mine!" He cheered as he raised his hands in the air. "Come, my minion. We have work to do."

Naugus began to exit the cave with Gloriosa floating behind him. When he was outside, Naugus 's hand glowed once more and he fired another wave of crystals in front of the entrance, forming a thick crystalline wall.

"You can never be too careful." He said as he continued on his path.


Back at the camp, Rarity was getting ready for her fashion show on the dock as she was checking on the dresses she made for the female students as other students just went about on their business. She had already dressed up the rest of the Rainbooms and even had music playing. Manic was sitting on the newly built chair as he observed.

"Hey, nice look ladies." Manic said. "Lyra." He added as he gave her a wink.

Lyra's response was to just give him a glare as she turned away from him.

"That was a compliment." He complained as he stood up.

"Hey, has anyone seen where Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails went?" Silver said as he approached the dock.

"Last time I saw them, they were heading for their tents." Fluttershy said.

"Where are Sunset and Twilight? They're missing dress rehearsal!" Rarity said with an annoyed tone as she looked around. "I guess we'll have to start without them. Places everyone!"

Timber was heading towards the main cabin after he had come back from the forest. When he came to the door, he saw Shadow leaning against it with his arms folded as if he was expecting someone. Timber was surprised to see him.

"Oh. What are you doing here?" He asked Shadow.

"Where's your sister?" Shadow immediately questioned.

"Beats me. I was looking for her as well." Timber answered as he reached for the door knob but Shadow came in front of him.

"Then I guess you'll have to give me answers." Shadow stated as Timber looked stumped.

"What?" Timber replied.

"Don't play dumb. First things first, I've noticed that every time these magical events happen, you're barely around, always seem to be disappearing. " Shadow began as Timber started to look a little uneasy.

He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Just what is this anyway?" Timber replied in a defensive tone.

"I'm asking the questions." Shadow firmly said. "Second, I decided to head back where the vines attacked me yesterday. When I was searching the area, I found this."

Shadow opened his hand to reveal a dandelion, just like the one Gloriosa wore in her hair. Now Timber's expression changed to an extremely worried one as he looked back at Shadow.

"This isn't native to the flora where the trees came to life. And it's identical to the one your sister has in her hair. No stem at all." Shadow continued as he crossed his arms again. "Now, talk. Tell me exactly what's going on."

Timber eyes darted around back and forth. He was in a tough position. Shadow had gotten him good and he really couldn't think of a better explanation. He let out a sigh.

"I can explain. I-" Timber explained before he was cut off by a high-pitched scream, making him and Shadow both turn around.

Bulk Biceps was the one who screamed and this was due to what he and the other campers saw. Coming forward was Naugus, with Gloriosa floating behind him. Rarity gasped as her fashion show stopped while all the campers looked in fear at the arrival of the two monsters.

"Gaea Everfree! She's real!" Trixie screamed.

"What do we do?" Flash Sentry asked as the campers all backed away.

Luna and Celestia came forward and were taken back at what they saw.

Timber and Shadow looked on Naugus and Gloriosa continued forward, the former being horrified to see his sister in such a state as Shadow glared.

"Gloriosa!!" He cried out to her, but he received no response. He then turned to Naugus.

"You! What did you do to my sister?!" Timber demanded.

"Silence! I have simply transformed her into my loyal servant. Her powers will serve me greatly." Naugus said.

He then raised his glowing claw hand.

"That's Gloriosa?" Applejack said in disbelief.

"Freaky deaky!" Pinkie said.

"Who's that awful person with her?" Fluttershy said in a frightened tone.

"Ixis Naugus?!" Manic almost yelled as the rest of the Rainbooms and Silver turned to him.

"Who?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"That's Ixis Naugus. He's an evil wizard whose always trying to take over the world and make it his kingdom. But what's he doing here?!" Manic quickly explained.

"Attention all of you! My name is Ixis Naugus and from now on, you will all serve me, your future king!" Naugus announced "Soon, the entire world will be under my control, but first, I'll start here! Gloriosa, my dear."

Naugus then snapped his fingers, causing Gloriosa to raise her hands and glow green as a series of gigantic vines emerged everywhere, trapping the entire camp and surrounding it in a forest of vines completely as Naugus rose in the air using the wind and oversaw everything.

The students panicked as the vines extended everywhere. Some of them tried to hide in the cafeteria under Celestia's protection but it was no use as the vines grew. The vines destroyed the dock, sending Manic, Silver and the Rainbooms away on the ground as they watched the pieces fall.

"Arrrrgh!!!" Manic said as pounded his fist on the ground as Rainbow Dash face-palmed.

Timber and Shadow managed to move through the various vines as they extended, with Shadow hitting them with brute force as Timber took a a nearby axe to hack through them, but they were numerous. They were even stronger than the ones that tried to get Shadow earlier as he struggled a bit with them.

Timber's axe was snatched from him as he looked up to see Gloriosa.

"Gloriosa, please! Listen to me! You have to stop this! I know you're in there somewhere!" Timber pleaded, but his pleas were on deaf ears.

She didn't notice him at all. However, Naugus did from above and he scowled.

"Annoying pest!" He shouted as he launched a giant stream of flames towards Timber, who gasped out loud as they got in closer.

"Get down!" Shadow yelled as he became a yellow streak and took Timber to the ground out of harm's way.

The two of them sprawled on the floor and Shadow rose up. He extended his hand to Timber and helped him on his feet as the two of them looked on at all the damage done.

"Thanks." Timber told Shadow.

"I'm going to eliminate them both." Shadow said as he tightened his wrist but Timber put his hand on his shoulder.

"Wait! That's my sister! You can't hurt her." Timber begged.

Shadow grumbled a bit, but he had a point. He couldn't risk seriously hurting Gloriosa.


Meanwhile, Silver, Manic and the rest of the Rainbooms observed all the chaos that was going around them in the center. Fluttershy sighed and sank to her knees.

"Can't we just go somewhere without any crazy things happening?" She said.

"We just can't sit around. We have to do something." Rarity brought up.

"Of course. And that's to save the day." Rainbow Dash stated as she rose up and stuck her hand out.

The others nodded in agreement and placed their hands together.

"Rainbow's right. We have to stop Naugus. But first, we should make sure Gloriosa doesn't trap anyone else." Manic said as they released their hands. "Everyone, move out!"

The team then began to spread out to save their fellow campers as the number of vines increased greatly, endangering the campers as they ran and panicked. Rarity used her power to shield Lyra and Bon Bon from a falling totem, ponying up in the process.

The two girls were then whisked to safety by Manic and Rainbow Dash, who got her ears and wings doing so. As they set the girls down, Lyra just simply turned away from Manic in a haughty manner.

"Come on." He groaned as Fluttershy noticed a hole in the ground and got the attention of some moles.

She then began to speak to them, generating her wings and ears and requested they attempt to dig a hole, which they started to do. Manic face palmed at the sight.

"You've got to be kidding me." He stated.

Pinkie Pie was throwing explosives everywhere with her sprinkles, making her pony up as Applejack attempted to break through the vines using a large boulder, making her pony up as well, but the vines simply grew back.The same happened as the rest of the girls tried to find an exit. Naugus noticed their attempts and growled.

"Pest." He said as his hand glowed. Before he could fire anything, Shadow teleported with a flaring kick from his skates in front of him but Naugus conjured a crystal shield just in time, blowing him on the ground.

"Bow to your new ruler!" Naugus declared as he fired a stream of flames towards Shadow, who used his speed to dodge it.

"The Ultimate Life Form bows to no one!" Shadow declared as he began an assault of various punches and kicks using his teleportation skills on Naugus.

However, Naugus blocked each one using a crystalline structure.

"You will to me!" Naugus stated as Shadow teleported once more.

Naugus smirked and he turned around to see Shadow appear in front of him with a clenched fist. Naugus fired a stream of ice, encasing Shadow inside it and he fell to the ground. Before he hit the ground, Shadow managed to break himself out of it as he landed.

Naugus then summoned a shower of raining ice spikes to Shadow but before they hit him, they stopped and glowed green.

"Not happening!" Silver called out as he turned the spikes to Naugus, who simply made them disappear as he waved his hand.

Silver then levitated two giant rocks and hurled them to Naugus who stopped them easily and sent them back to Silver, who also halted them. However, Naugus was still in control and struggled with Silver as the rocks began to close in on him. He was overpowering Silver, but Shadow noticed an opening and dashed to Naugus as a streak.

However, Naugus evaded his attack by turning his body into air as Shadow simply passed through him. He then made a pillar of rocks emerge from the ground, blowing Silver back. Naugus then turned to Shadow and blast his body, trapping everything except his head in crystals that kept forming as Shadow kept struggling to break out.

He then turned and saw Manic rushing to him.

"Don't know why you're here Naugus, but I'm always down to beat you up!" Manic said as he twirled his escrima sticks at high speed, making them buzz saws as Naugus shot a series of stalagmites at Manic, who cut through them with ease.

When he approached Naugus, he stopped spinning his sticks and tried to hit him using his speed, but Naugus made a crystal shield as Manic made a small sound wave, blowing him back and slightly cracking the crystals. Naugus responded by firing a crystal blast at Manic, but Rarity defended him with a shield.

"I must say, while your crystals are quite beautiful, it's unfitting for someone like you!" She called out.

Pinkie then came to the battle and she tossed a series of explosions towards Naugus, who encased himself crystals before she was joined by Silver, who released a series of psychic blast as well, but they weren't doing much damage. Applejack came towards Shadow and she grabbed him by his arms to break him out of his crystal prison.

Naugus then lowered his crystal to reveal his eyes.

"Feeble children! Try this!" He screamed as he made the air combust around Silver and Pinkie, trapping them in flames.

The two of them cried out as they were engulfed in flames. Luckily, Shadow teleported in and whisked them out as he brought them to a safe location as Silver coughed as Shadow dashed back to Naugus, with Manic joining him as well.

Rainbow Dash was still trying to save many people, but they were now being engulfed entirely by vines as she was too late to save them. The vines then tried to grab her as she managed to evade them. Naugus noticed her, Shadow, and Manic and he used his air magic to whisk the three of them off the ground.

"Your speed is meaningless if you can't move!" He taunted.

"That's where you're wrong!" Rainbow Dash said as she used her wings to fly and she charged towards Naugus as Manic became a green streak.

However, Naugus used a gust of wind to slam them back on the ground. Shadow then fired a Chaos Spear towards Naugus, who encased his clawed hands in crystals as he absorbed it. His hand glowed with even more power as he fired another crystal beam at Shadow, who used his inhibitor rings to block it, but he was still set back as his hands were encased in crystals now.

He smashed them on the floor to free them.

"There is quite a number of you. Gloriosa, assist me!" Naugus commanded.

Gloriosa then turned to see everyone on the floor as she raised one hand. As she did, she summoned a giant stream of water to the center, covering all of the team in a giant tidal wave as they were slammed against the vines. They all came to as they rose up.

"We aren't getting anywhere. He's too strong." Applejack stated.

"I'll admit, Naugus is tough, but he's not this powerful." Manic said.

"Anyone have a plan?" Silver asked.

"I could use my Chaos Blast. But it could risk damaging the camp and all of you would get caught in it, not to mention it would hurt Gloriosa severely." Shadow said as he clenched his fist.

"Now what?" Fluttershy said with uncertainty.

"We'll just have to keep trying harder!" Rainbow Dash as she pounded her fist into her hand.

Shadow then came up to her, showing that he agreed and the others did as well. Naugus noticed the group coming to approach him as well and he grit his teeth.

"Imbeciles! You still try to defy me!" He roared.

Naugus then released a giant stream of flames from his eyes and mouth up in the air, which then formed a gigantic fire version of himself as the group watched in shock at its size as it let out a loud roar. It then came crashing down towards them.

"Everyone, out of the way!" Shadow instructed.

They all attempted to leap out of the fire giant's reach as it came crashing down, making a fiery explosion which blew all of them back as they were sent scattered everywhere. Timber meanwhile, was getting wrapped in vines and almost completely covered as his hand reached out for his still mind controlled sister.


Back in the cave, the rest of the group was still trapped in the crystals. Suddenly, Twilight's began to glow a purplish color before the crystals shattered, releasing her as she fell to the ground and gasped for air. She then held her head in pain.

"Ohhhhhh." She moaned as she regained her senses.

She then saw her remaining trapped friends and let out a tiny gasp.

"I have to help them." She said.

With a bit of hesitation, Twilight used a little magic power on Knuckle's, cracking away slowly the crystals covering his arm. His arms were now free and they flexed as Knuckles managed to free himself from his prison. He then huffed for a while before he noticed Twilight.

"Twilight?" He said.

"We have to get the others out." She told him.

"On it." Knuckles replied.

He first walked over to where Spike was encased and punched the crystals, freeing him as Twilight checked to make sure he was okay. Knuckles then freed Sunset and Tails before he finally released Sonic. The three of them were slightly dazed with Sonic gripping his head before he saw Knuckles in front of him.

"Oh, great. Knuckles saved me. I'm never going to hear the end of this." He said with a sigh as Knuckles smirked.

"Yeah, you won't." He agreed.

"Is everyone okay?" Sunset asked as the others nodded.

"We have to stop Naugus. Right away." Tails said.

"No need to tell me. Let's do it to it." Sonic said as he and the others ran to the exit of the cave.

When they came in front of it, they stopped in their tracks as they saw the thick crystalline wall in front.

"Oh, perfect," Sonic said in a sarcastic tone.

"Can you two break through that?" Sunset asked him and Knuckles.

"Yeah. But seeing how thick it is, it could be a while." Knuckles admitted.

"We don't have a while." Sunset said before she turned to Twilight.

"Twilight you have to use your magic." She urged.

"I'm not sure I can break through that." She slowly said.

"You have to try. It's our only way." Tails said.

Twilight looked a little uneasy as she held her arm but Sonic placed his hand on her shoulder and gave her the thumbs up with a confident smile. Twilight's hesitation vanished and then took a deep breath as she came in front of the wall. She placed her hands out as her hands glowed and so did the barricade.

As she used her powers, a small green glow emerged from her forehead as Twilight struggled to move through the layer of crystals. Using all her force, Twilight released a giant telekinetic push, breaking through all the crystals and releasing the exit.

"Aw sweet!" Sonic praised.

Doing that had taken a lot out of Twilight and she began to fall back but Knuckles caught her and helped her stand.

"You did great, Twilight. Now, we have to go help our friends!" Sunset stated as the 6 of them headed out into the forest towards the the camp center.