• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 634 Views, 28 Comments

The Mission Begins Anew - comicfan616



The Cutie Map is back to normal after Starlight Glimmer's time travel escapades. Which means the Spirits of the Map now have more missions for the Mane 6 to fulfill.

  • ...
1
 28
 634

The Gladmane Mission

“Any good ideas?”

“I’m looking through the list now, but I’m not seeing any good opportunities.”

“Not everything has to be about timing, you know.”

“Maybe not, but if anything we can use to our advantage does show up, I’d rather we know about it and be able to act on it sooner rather than later.”

“I guess you have a point.”

“…”

“Hm?”

“What’s up?”

“Hang on, let me just… There!”

“Las Pegasus.”

“Looks like Gladmane duped… I mean hired a couple familiar faces.”

“Familiar…? Wait, aren’t those… Flim and Flam?”

“Poetic, is it not? The conponies got conned.”

“Are you suggesting we could actually use this?”

“Well, when you think about it, it’s not that different from the Griffonstone Mission: utilize someone once considered an enemy to bring about true friendship.”

“I don’t know. I mean, Gilda was already friends with Rainbow Dash before their falling out. Flim and Flam have been nothing but trouble since they first showed up.”

“Nevertheless, it’s our best shot.”

“But how can we use this? I mean, what reason could they have to help a group of ponies who have bested them twice?”

“Their pride as con-artists, for one. These two don’t seem like the type to be knowingly taken advantage of.”

“Kinda hypocritical of them, wouldn’t you say?”

“Hey, the faults that bother us most are the ones we share.”

“…Since when did you get so wise?”

“Being around you, I’m surprised I didn’t pick it up sooner. My newfound wisdom aside, if we send someone who can convince them of the truth, they’ll be more than happy to run Gladmane out of business.”

“But who would they even listen to?”

“I think you know the answer already. Someone who values the truth, the very antithesis of their MO, above all else…”

“Wait, you don’t mean…?”

“We have to send in Applejack.”

“I see one glaring issue with this. And I think you know what I‘m talking about.”

“I’ll admit, Applejack will be… reluctant to help them out, let alone work with them. But once she sees what’s going on elsewhere around the hotel, I don’t think even she can deny it much longer.”

“You really are certain about this, huh? Well, I admit, the more I think about it, the more I can’t argue. After their last con in Ponyville, Flim and Flam got it drilled into their heads that Applejack won’t bend the truth for anything, least of all something that would benefit them. But she’s going to need someone with her who will pursue the Flim-Flam angle. Someone who won’t judge too harshly, given the circumstances. And I can only think of one pony for the job.”

“You wouldn’t happen to be talking about the one pony who would sooner faint than step into the party-wide city that is Las Pegasus, would you?”

“If you mean Fluttershy, then yes. Unless you can think of someone else who would give the brothers a chance.”

“…After what happened with that one cider season, I doubt it.”

“Then shall we?”

“Hm. Calling Applejack.”

“Calling Fluttershy.”

“Your mission begins here.”