• Published 1st Jan 2017
  • 1,139 Views, 8 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe - Series 1 - veeSheep



Twilight meets The Doctor and they go on various adventures throughout time and space.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,139

Episode 9

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe
Series 1

Episode 9: Heist on the 24th District

Two months had passed after Twilight left The Doctor, she was at Sugar Cube Corner, eating a piece of cake, she ate, paid for her food and left, as she turned to head home, she saw the blue police call box near the door to the cafe, she went towards it and opened the door, inside was The Doctor having some coffee.

“Hi Doctor, how have you been?” Twilight asked.

“Fine, depending on how you’d define that word,” He replied, “I went to a planet of ice and snow to fight some old enemies, but lost a good friend in the process…” The Doctor said.

“That’s really sad, I’m sorry for the loss,” Twilight said.

“Anyways, it must’ve been a while since the last time we met, do you want to travel with me again?” The Doctor asked.

“Well, why not? Nothing really going on in my life, where do you plan on going?” Twilight replied with another question.

“We’re headed to the Kastrol system, the thieves’ den, the underworld of the galaxy,” The Doctor said, “And we’re gonna find out who there is the one who took the nuclear bomb that was safe in District Twenty Four,” He added, raising up a newspaper with the headline ‘District 24’s Nuclear Explosive Stolen’.

“Should you really be taking me of all people? I have no experience with bombs, especially not of the nuclear kind,” Twilight tried to talk her way out of this adventure, “What if I have to defuse it and cut the wrong wire? Will an entire planet explode?” The extremely worried purple unicorn asked.

“I’m pretty sure we won’t have to defuse anything, just retrieve the bomb, if all fails, we can go back in time with the TARDIS and try again,” The Doctor assured her, he then got up and took off to their destination. Arriving at their desired planet, The Doctor headed into the TARDIS and came back with torn clothes and brown and black make-up.

“What’s this stuff for?” Twilight.

“To make us fit in, if everyone on this place thinks we’re cops, how are we gonna get anything?” The Doctor explained, “Just put these things on in the closet back there, I’ll wait,” He added. Twilight went into the closet with her desired items and left it looking rather grungy, just according to The Doctor’s plan, then he went into the closet and came out with the same general look.

“This is a very bad idea and you know,” Twilight said, “What if they can tell we’re not thieves some other way?” She asked.

“Just put on your best Australian accent, I’ve been here before and everyone seems to talk like that,” The Doctor said, laughing a bit. The duo then stepped outside and were immediately greeted with the sight of a lizard-like mare shooting someone in the face, The Doctor remained silent and calm while Twilight tried doing the same.

The Doctor gestured for Twilight to try and get information from the reptilian pony, she walked over to the mare and began talking, “Ey, mate, what do ya know ‘bout this place?” Twilight said, only getting a confused look as a response.

“Stop making a fool of yourself or I won’t hesitate to gun you down too,” The reptile pony said. The Doctor walked up to talk to Twilight.

“Twily, try not to get in a fight with her, she’s a Silurian,” The Doctor said. The Silurian put on a pair of sunglasses, taking them off a moment after.

“Sorry, Doctor, I didn’t mean to get her mad at me,” Twilight replied.

“So you’re The Doctor, eh?” The Silurian said, “Before we talk, we need to hide where the criminals can’t see us,” She added. The three of them walked into an alley to have their talk.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Twilight asked, scared for her life.

“I’m Zyla, an agent of the Centurion Alliance,” She introduced herself, “I assume you two are also here to find the robber who took the bomb,” Zyla asked.

“I really don’t want to work with someone of this alliance, not after what happened on Hiskus and Ceotis,” The Doctor said.

“Yes, we know of Agent Chrome’s death, she shall be missed…” Zyla responded.

“Wait, Chrome died?” Twilight asked.

“Yep, got turned into a Cyberman and turned off with all of them,” The Doctor explained, remembering Chrome’s final words before she fell on the floor, dead.

“We’re not here to mourn her death, we need to investigate the city and find our culprit before he or she heads to District Twenty Four,” Zyla said, taking Twilight and The Doctor further into the alley. They entered a building and went to the basement to see a huge monitor with a map of the city on it, the map had several red dots moving around on it.

“Have you been tracking everyone in the city?” The Doctor asked?

“I infested the water with nanobots without anyone knowing, now I track the groups of robots to know where everyone is,” Zyla explained.

“What type of activity are we tracking?” The Doctor asked.

“Anyone entering the local hangar and staying there for a long amount of time,” Zyla replied. A few minutes passed before The Doctor was tired of waiting.

“I cannot stand being still, waiting for so long,” He said.

“It’s been eleven minutes,” Twilight replied.

“If you don’t like being still, go out and steal a new coat, or scarf, or stetson, I don’t care, just don’t sit around being obnoxious!” Zyla yelled.

“I’m sorry,” The Doctor said, “I guess I’ll be right back, with some new accessory or something,” He added, walking into the elevator and out of the building.

A few more minutes passed, Twilight and Zyla were starting to get both worried and bored, then a red dot moved quickly towards the hangar of the city.

“That’s our thief, we have to find the Doctor and chase him down!” Zyla said, the two ponies in the building rushed outside, made it to the main street and saw a band of thieves carrying the TARDIS.

“Hey!” Twilight got their attention, “You can’t just take that ship, it’s ours!”

“A ship? Explains why it’s so heavy,” A bulky three-eyed stallion said, “I can tell you’re new to Sayro, this place is called ‘The City of Thieves’ for a good reason, missy,” He added.

“That ship belongs to a man known as The Doctor, and if you’d rather not face the wrath of a Time Lord, or worse, a Silurian, you’ll put that thing down immediately,” Zyla said.

Zyla, whatever you do, don’t show them your badge!’ Twilight screamed in her own head.

“I am Captain Zyla Straz, of the Centurion Alliance, if you don’t want to be incarcerated for life, you will return that protected ship to where you found it!” She yelled, getting the attention of every shady-looking person on the street. The thieves obeyed, but did not take well to figuring out they were dealing with a cop.

“Everyone, get the police-lizard-lady!” One of the thieves walking around said, starting a rally and massive fight in the street. On the outer end of the rally, The Doctor was running out of a clothing shop with a large colorful scarf, sunglasses and a cowboy hat and he noticed the TARDIS was in the middle of the fight, so he got his sonic screwdriver out to call it, but a brown mare with a mechanical leg ran by and grabbed the screwdriver, taking it with her.

“Hey, give that dang thing back!” The Doctor said, running after the mare. He followed her into an alley, where a gang of other cyborg ponies walked out of the shadows to attack The Doctor, “Give that sonic screwdriver back, why won’t you?” He asked.

“Whatever this weapon is or does, I’ll be glad to test it on you!” The mare who took the screwdriver said, pointing the tool at The Doctor. She activated it and the TARDIS materialized around The Doctor, as he smirked at the mare. The Doctor then opened the doors and slapped the sonic out of the mare’s hoof, picking it up from the ground.

“Thank you very much, but I gotta go,” The Doctor said. Back in the middle of the fight, there were significantly less thieves and criminals, most of them were unconscious on the ground, Twilight looked up and saw a space shuttle flying away from the planet.

“Zyla, the thief is getting away!” Twilight said.

“I know, that’s why I’m counting on The Doctor, he’s the one with the time machine, after all,” Zyla replied. Sure enough, the TARDIS reappeared around them and The Doctor immediately took off to the city’s hangar, before the culprit escaped.

They arrived and rushed inside, following a cloaked figure, who was presumably their target, as it ran towards a shuttle in the hangar.

“Stop! In the name of the Centurion Alliance, you are under arrest!” Zyla shouted.

“You cannot arrest us,” The figure replied.

“Well, technically speaking, he’s right, you’re judging him based on something that didn’t happen yet,” Twilight said and The Doctor agreed with her.

“But we know that whatever this guy is, it’s going to steal the bomb, we have to follow it to be sure we’re getting the right criminal,” Zyla said, a thought then hit The Doctor.

“Did that thing just say ‘us’?” He said. The figure ran into the shuttle and The Doctor followed, dropping his sonic screwdriver and cowboy hat on the ground, Twilight picked up both of them and headed into the TARDIS with Zyla.

“The stories were right, it is bigger on the inside,” Zyla remarked.

“I said the same when I got in for the first time,” Twilight responded, “Anyways, we have a shuttle to follow,” She said.

“Do you have any clue on how to fly this ship?” Zyla asked, Twilight simply stared at her, as if to say ‘Of course not, but I will try’. In the shuttle, The Doctor confronted the hooded figure, questioning it as it tried to pilot the stolen ship.

“What are you and what do you want with the bomb in District Twenty Four?” The Doctor asked, “How do you even know there’s anything there?” he added.

“My purposes are not of your business,” The figure replied.

“They very much are, by taking that bomb from there, you’re endangering the many lives of the planet it’s hidden on, possibly the entire district,” The Doctor said, getting angrier by the minute.

“I repeat, you have no business with us,” The figure said.

“Again with the ‘us’, I can repeat what I said too,” The Doctor was starting to shout at his foe, “What in the hell are you?!” He asked. The figure got up from the seat and menacingly walked up the The Doctor, forcing him to back up.

“We are The Hive,” The figure said, pulling back its cloak to reveal that its body was made up of several cockroach-like insects, which made The Doctor wince in disgust, a few bugs flew in his direction but he escaped into the ship’s cargo hold, which had no gravity and a large door that would lead into space.

‘What to do if you’re trapped in space with a pony made of cockroaches?’ The Doctor thought and thought of different ways to escape, he then had an idea, he moved as fast as possible to the engine room at the other side of the cargo hold, he opened the door and found what he wanted, a button to open the cargo doors.

“What do you intend on doing, Doctor?” The Hive asked as it entered the cargo hold, some of its bugs escaping into the air around it.

“Not much, I just hope you have a good time in the empty void of space!” The Doctor said, closing the door and opening the cargo hold, The Hive immediately flew out into the stars, without saying anything else, “Have a nice trip, Hive,” He said afterwards.

The TARDIS materialized near The Doctor, in the engine room and he stepped inside to greet Twilight and Zyla, but he was greeted by someone else.

“Greetings again, Doctor,” The Hive said as The Doctor entered his ship.

“What?” The Doctor asked, “But I just sent you flying into space!”

“We are a colony, not a singular entity, we may separate into various others indefinitely, as long as we have units,” The Hive explained, “We merely divided in two before the one you murdered entered the hangar,” It added.

“Great, another one to get rid of,” The Doctor grunted, he tried punching The Hive, but his hoof went right through it and the bugs crawled up his arm, he reacted with fear, attempting to shake the many insects off of himself.

“We may also create more units by killing others and turning their cells and organs into more bugs,” The Hive said, making The Doctor even more afraid of the bugs crawling on him. The Doctor rushed to the TARDIS’ console and took off, “Where are you headed? Planning on pushing us into the cold emptiness of space yet again?” The Hive asked.

“Nope, I’m going back to before this mess started,” The Doctor replied. The TARDIS appeared next to the second Hive in the past, when it was hiding around the corner to the entrance of the hangar, The Doctor pushed The Hive into itself, “Oops, you touched your past self, guess you have to face the Reapers now,” The Doctor said, closing the TARDIS behind him. H e heard a roar outside as his vision turned white and he returned to when he was waiting at the engine room, the TARDIS appeared, like before, but Twilight and Zyla were inside.

“Doctor, what happened? We remember you running into the shuttle, we walked back to the TARDIS and then my vision went all white and now we made it to you with the TARDIS,” Zyla said.

“I fought a pony made of bugs, caused a paradox with his clone and now here we are,” The Doctor summarized the past events.

“You deliberately caused a paradox to defeat that thief? How has the universe not shattered yet?!” Zyla asked.

“Because if he actually stole the bomb, he wouldn’t have done anything with it, someone was destined to stop him and put the thing back, I just made the process faster,” The Doctor said.

“Does not matter, you caused a change in the timeline, you’re lucky that I’m in a good mood, otherwise, I would not spare you,” Zyla replied, “I’d make all of your remaining regenerations go by with my gun alone,” She threatened, Zyla then got warped back to her base and left The Doctor and Twilight alone.

“Let’s hope we don’t see that drag on ever again,” The Doctor joked, Twilight giggled in response.

“But, seriously,” Twilight began, “What did she mean with ‘I would make your remaining regenerations go by’?” She asked.

“It’s time I explained the Time Lord Cycle, as I call it,” The Doctor started, “When a Time Lord, like me, is severely injured, they can regenerate, change themselves into a new body and live on,” He explained, “They can do this up to twelve times before they finally die, this Doctor you know and love is my ninth form, I have a few more regenerations before I am properly mortal,” He finished.

“So you could die at any moment, but you’d come back?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, basically, but I’d have a new appearance and maybe personality,” The Doctor said, “Anyways, we have other places to go and explore, other enemies to fight off, where to, Twily?” The Doctor asked.

“Well, I’ve always wanted to meet-” She was cut off by an incoming call, The Doctor turned it on and a gray mare in a dark street was calling for back-up.

“It can’t be…” The Doctor said.

“You said she died,” Twilight gasped.

“Chrome Green?” The Doctor asked as the mare’s message stopped and the monitor turned itself off.

END OF EPISODE 9

Author's Note:

The enemy here may have been inspired by the snake guy from the start of Series 9, except with cockroaches.

On this episode of "Llama is a Terrible Writer": 'How were Twilight and Zyla not on the TARDIS when The Doctor opened the door?'
I don't know, who honestly cares, this story is bad anyway.

Next Time: Twilight and The Doctor meet with an old friend to fight a cult in the 19th century.