• Published 1st Jan 2017
  • 1,138 Views, 8 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe - Series 1 - veeSheep



Twilight meets The Doctor and they go on various adventures throughout time and space.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,138

Episode 4

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe

Series 1

Episode 4: Crimson Waters

Xlyzo’foriuz, a dark planet that rests in an unexplored corner of the galaxy, almost nothing was known about this world other than ‘Its atmosphere is poisonous’.

A blue box materialized from nothing on a small island in the middle of an endless red ocean, the dense, green clouds in the sky rained a liquid of the same color as the sea.

“I’m so excited to see this planet!” Twilight said, she walked towards the TARDIS’ doors, but was stopped by The Doctor.

“Wait!” The Doctor shouted, “The TARDIS’ outer sensors detect not only zero percent of oxygen in this planet’s atmosphere, but also a lot of water around us,” He explained.

“So we can’t breathe out there?” Twilight asked.

“Exactly, we’re gonna space suits,” The Doctor said, he went into the TARDIS and came back with a pair of smooth and orange suits and yellow helmets, “We’ll also need oxygen tanks,” He went back and returned with two sets of air supply tanks.

Twilight opened the door and was surprised by the seemingly infinite crimson ocean in front of her.

“What’s the composition of this water?” She asked.

“The outer sensors say it’s H2OS, which means it has the same composition of water but with a molecule of sulfur, it shouldn’t damage the suits too much, or at all,” The Doctor said. They stepped outside and almost fell into the ocean.

“There doesn’t seem to be anyone around, just us on this tiny island,”Twilight mentioned.

“Do you know how to swim? ‘Cause out best bet to find life is to go into the water,” The Doctor said, Twilight tucked away her notebook and pen and followed The Doctor into the crimson ocean. The vision underwater was blurry, but Twilight and The Doctor could still see a few meters ahead of them. They eventually spotted a type of glass dome, they descended towards the ocean floor and walked to the entrance to the dome, the mechanical door opened and they trotted inside.

“All visitors or staff must remain in place during the decontamination procedure,” A voice in the intercom said, presumably a prerecorded message. The water was drained and a gas entered the room to kill any bacteria or other micro-organisms, the gate ahead then opened to let oxygen inside, “It is now safe to remove your suit,” The intercom voice returned. The Doctor and Twilight removed their suits, the latter making sure to take her notebook and pen with her.

“Why do you carry those things everywhere?” The Doctor asked.

“I could turn all of these notes I’m taking into a book about my travels with you,“ Twilight replied, “It’d all make for an amazing story, imagine: ‘Journal of Incredible Things, by Twilight Sparkle’,”

“Sounds amazing, or should I say, incredible,” The Doctor joked in response. The two of them put their space suits and air tanks away in the designated closet and went on to explore the base.

It was not long until The Doctor and Twilight met someone else at the base, a male zebra to be specific, he had the traditional black-striped coat and a mohawk-like mane, though it had sections that were dyed a very dark red, he also wore a brown jacket or vest.

“’Ey, what’re ya two doin’ in this base?” The zebra asked with a thick Scottish accent.

“Oh, the door back there just kinda let us come in, we’re so sorry,” Twilight apologized.

“It’s all right laddies, I thought you two were dangerous intruders or somethin’ of the sort,” The zebra said, “By the way, the name’s Hond,” He introduced himself.

“Fantastic to meet you, Hond, I’m The Doctor and this is Twilight Sparkle,” The Doctor greeted the zebra.

“So, do you two want me to show ya ‘round the place?” Hond offered, The Doctor agreed and Twilight simply nodded and they began to follow Hond around the underwater complex.

They three of them arrived a type of research room where an older looking blonde unicorn mare was taking notes in front of a large fish tank, next to her was a younger mare who looked just like her, The Doctor assumed they were a mother and her daughter, he turned out to be right.

“Hello there, Hond, purple and scarfy, I’m Sunlight Bloom, this young lady beside me is my daughter, Light Blossom,” The older mare greeted the trio, introducing herself to Twilight and The Doctor.

“Sunny, these are Twlight Sparkle and The Doctor, they just kind of entered the base, but they mean no harm,” Hond introduced the duo for them.

“I already introduced myself and said hi, so how about I explain everything?” Sunlight asked, “This is the Marine Research Facility Beta, or MR for short, we set up this base to discover about the life in the oceanic planet Xlyzo, our crew consists of me, Light, Hond and two other ponies, one of them is a big slacker and the other is usually out swimming, but he should be back any moment to greet you,” Sunlight said.

“Very interesting, who is this stallion that is not here yet?” The Doctor asked.

“He never gave his full name, he just goes by ‘Dommy’, he looks weird at first but he’s very sweet,” Light said.

“Oh, I’m sure I’ll be glad to meet him just as much as I was meeting you guys,” The Doctor said, they all heard the intercom speak in one of the air locks. A few minutes later, a gray stallion with a suit and messy black mane showed up.

“Dommy!” Light said as she rushed to give him a hug.

“Hello Dommy, I’m The Doctor, nice to meet you,” The Doctor greeted.

“Why, hello Doctor, great to meet you too,” Dommy replied, giving The Doctor a hoof shake, “Well, I’m tired, so I’ll just go to the sleeping quarters,” He said.

“Well, he was a little bit weird,” The Doctor said as Dommy left, “But anyway, wat were you gals researching in this fish ta-” The Doctor stopped and jumped as a shark-like monster hit the glass pane, it was a dark gray with white bones serving as armor around its body, its eyes glowed a bright yellow.

“That’s a Slegte Hond, named after our local zebra, the first one to get chased by it while he researched a nearby coral field,” Sunlight joked.

“Not funny gals, I only cried for a few minutes and got over it,” Hond replied.

“I must ask, why keep it in captivity?” The Doctor questioned.

“Because these things travel in big packs and are very violent, how ‘bout you two try to research an entire army of killer sharks in another planet,” Hond answered, “Plus, it’s not like we’re hurting it or anything,” The zebra added.

“He’s right, every animal that we keep at this base is treated with care and respect, as if they were our pets,” Sunlight said.

“Good to know you’re not just keeping it here for research and experiments, but it clearly wants to escape, do you release specimens after some time?” The Doctor asked.

“Of course, silly, this big guy is the third Slegte Hond we’ve picked up in the two years we’ve spent down here,” Light responded.

“Alright,” The Doctor said in, “This place is really neat and all, but where could we spend the night, day or whatever time it is right now?” He asked.

“We have a second sleeping quarter that only Dommy stays in, maybe you could convince him to let you two stay there with him,” Sunlight said, The Doctor nodded and walked away with Twilight following him a moment afterwards.

“That shark thing looked so cool, Doctor!” Twilight said, “Wherever this trip goes, it’ll make for a great chapter in my book,” She continued.

“How about we think about that stuff next morning?” The Doctor suggested, they entered the sleeping quarters and woke up Dommy, who was barely asleep yet, “Hey Dommy, could we sleep in this room for tonight?” The Doctor asked.

“Of course, just don’t snore too loud, I hate that,” Dommy replied, Twilight and The Doctor got into the beds to the left and fell asleep quickly. The next morning, The Doctor and Twilight woke up firt and found their way to the cafeteria to eat breakfast, they had toast and fruit juice. Dommy soon showed up to eat something as well.

“Twilight, I have to tell you something,” The Doctor began.

“What is it?” Twilight asked.

“This ‘Dommy’ guy looks and feels oddly familiar to me, but I absolutely cannot pinpoint who or what he reminds me of,” The Doctor said, Twilight remained silent, if the Doctor couldn’t think of something familiar to him, she would know it even less. They passed by Hond, Sunlight and Light and greeted all of them as they made their way to one of the research rooms.

Arriving at their desired room, Twilight got her tools out and took notes of the odd but majestic fish in the tank in front of her and her friend.

“From the surface of this place, it looked like it’d be a dangerous mission to save an entire civilization, but this is actually really ca-”

“Attention all crew members, Reactor A is malfunctioning, repeating, Reactor A is malfunctioning,” The intercom voice cut Twilight off, the two of them rushed out, following the signs to the reactors of the base.

“What is happening?!” The Doctor shouted as he got to the reactor room.

“Didn’t ya hear the intercom? Reactor A is malfunctionin’,” Hond said.

“The two reactors have been very unstable these past few months, this is the second time in the week that we’ve had to repair them,” Sunlight said as she put on a hazmat suit to get close to the reactors. The doctor noticed Dommy standing next to the door behind him, with a blank expression on his face, and he turned around to face the gray colt.

“What is with that accusatory look, Doctor? I just got curious as to what was happening here, and so did you and your companion,” Dommy defended himself.

“Fair enough, I suppose,” The Doctor said, “Let’s go, Twilight,” He then left, keeping an eye on Dommy as he went out of the room and headed back to the observation chamber.

“I’m just more suspicious of Dommy now, I’m sure he’s been causing the malfunctions, in movies, it’s almost always the obvious weirdo who turns out to be the bad guy,” The Doctor claimed.

“Yeah, I also think he looks like the type of pony to secretly sabotage a base like this to kill everyone and escape without anyone knowing,” Twilight agreed, they reached the observation room they were in earlier and The Doctor sat near a wall as Twilight took notes of the fish’s behavior.

***

The day passed and The Doctor and Twilight headed back to the sleeping quarters for the night. The next morning, Twilight woke up to something warm dripping on her head, the crimson water that surrounded the facility was making its way inside. The Doctor woke up soon after and noticed a very shallow pool of red water on the floor.

“Doctor, Twilight, Dommy, come and see this!” Sunlight said with a worried tone, the three of them got up and followed the old mare to the Slegte Hond’s research room. The glass pane was broken and water was leaking into the base from the ceiling.

“The shark monster,” Twilight began, “Escaped!?” She yelled.

“Yes, I woke up early to the sound of glass shattering, before all of you woke up, I went to check and the pane was broken and it was gone,” Sunlight explained.

“Attention all crew members, Reactors A and B are malfunctioning, repeating, Reactors A and B are malfunctioning,” The intercom said. Everyone was tense and immobile until Sunlight spoke up.

“I think we may have to abandon this base,” She said.

“I agree,” Hond said as he entered the room, “We need to get out of here, but how?”

“Let me get this straight: Me and my companion, Twily, are stuck in a flooding underwater base along with a killer alien shark and not one, but two unstable nuclear reactors?” The Doctor said, “I have yet to see better odds to fight against,” He added.

END OF EPISODE 4, PART 1

Author's Note:

I want to not upload everything in one go, but I have 0 patience, send help, please.

Can you guess the meaning of "Slegte Hond"? Will The Doctor and Twilight make it out of the base alright? Who is Dommy? Why am I asking all of these pointless questions? Most of these and more will be answered sooner or later.