• Published 1st Jan 2017
  • 1,139 Views, 8 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe - Series 1 - veeSheep



Twilight meets The Doctor and they go on various adventures throughout time and space.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,139

Episode 10

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe
Series 1

Episode 10: Children of Darkness

The TARDIS landed in 19th century Fillydelphia, Twilight and The Doctor stepped outside and met up with the young mare who sent the distress message.

“We came as fast as we could!” Twilight said.

“So it is you,” The Doctor said, “Chrome Green,” He added.

“It’s so good to see you, hubby, glad you could help me,” Chrome said. The Doctor was very confused.

“What, ‘hubby’?” He asked.

“Yeah, how did you forget we were married?” Chrome said, The Doctor and Twilight stared at her and at each other in utter confusion, “Anyways, we need to focus on this mission,” She said, but The Doctor could not focus, many questions were running through his head, such as ‘How is she alive?’, ‘Hubby?’, ‘Why did she call us here’, ‘Did I forget something in the oven?’ and many more.

Twilight was the first to break the silence with a question that she was thinking about the moment she saw the message, “How are you still alive, Chrome?” She asked.

“Still alive? I never died, silly,” Chrome replied, “It’s not like I can die, you must’ve have seen some clone or disguised monster die and thought it was the real me,” She continued. Twilight was pulled back by The Doctor.

“What are you doing, Twi?” The Doctor asked.

“I was just curious,” Twilight replied.

“You can’t go around telling people about their future, if I got a bit for every time I was forced to fix timelines when I told a famous person about a disaster in their future that they resolved on their own, I would be laying back with my riches, enjoying my seemingly eternal life,” The Doctor explained.

“Okay, sorry, Doc,” Twilight replied.

“I apologize in part of my mildly nosy friend, you’re right, it must’ve been a Zygon or something of the sort,” The Doctor said to Chrome, Twilight wanted to speak up and say he was lying, but decided to stay quiet, “Anyways, what’s our enemy of the day?”

“I know little to nothing about them, but they’re a cult and they call themselves ‘The Children of Darkness’,” Chrome explained, “Must be just a bunch of teens going through that phase and causing trouble,” She joked.

“Sounds good enough to me, a new foe to me is always a treat,” The Doctor said.

“These ponies might be dangerous, extremely so,” Chrome said, “Have you ever seen a cult giving out lollipops and ice cream and generally being nice?” She added.

“Fair enough,” Twilight replied.

“Do you have a plan to take them out?” The Doctor asked.

“I have yet to see one of them, do you think I know what they’re capable of?” Chrome said

“Did you just say you’ve never seen one of them?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, why?” Chrome responded.

“Because your big chance is coming right for us!” Twilight screamed as a figure, cloaked in a black hood and a layer of fog, approached the group. Chrome got her blaster out and shot at the figure, presumably a Child of Darkness, but the fog dissolved the shots into harmless particles.

“Maybe their fog is made by some form of generator, I’ll try to turn it off with my sonic screwdriver,” The Doctor said, grabbing his screwdriver and pointing it at the figure, but he ended up turning off a street lamp behind it, “Welp, now our best bet is running for our lives!” The Doctor yelled, the trio then ran the opposite direction to escape the cloaked figure.

“We can sense your sorrow, we shall track you down, no matter the cost,” The figure whispered.

“We? Please don’t tell me that these ‘Children of Darkness’ aren’t just more walking cockroach piles, because those things were disturbing to say the least,” The Doctor said.

“And to say the most?” Chrome asked.

“They were absolutely disgusting and I hated dealing with them,” He replied.

“Well, I think he was talking about the rest of the cult, not in the sense of ‘We are legion for we are many’,” Twilight said, The Doctor was mildly surprised at her knowledge of that type of mythology and creatures, but preferred not to ask any questions.

“Well, we won’t find out more about these people if we sit around in an alleyway,” The Doctor said, getting up for the ground, “Maybe we could follow that guy and see where their hideout is,” He suggested.

“Sounds, like a bad idea, what if they can control that fog? It destroyed a laser shot, imagine what it’d do to living flesh,” Chrome said.

“You know what else sounds like a bad idea? Sitting here and letting them go through with whatever evil plot they have,” The Doctor replied, Chrome was convinced to follow The Doctor’s idea, she was immortal after all, she would most likely survive the Children’s corrosive mist. The trio got out of hiding and sneaked around, following the hooded figure, The Doctor and Twilight being careful not to touch the fog.

They followed the Child of Darkness into an abandoned building, where they assumed the rest of the cult and their leader would be. They entered and followed the cloaked pony upstairs, not getting its attention. They all made it to the top floor and nobody was up there, only the Child they followed.

“Why would you bring us here on yo-” The Doctor thought out loud, but he figured it out soon after, “Run back, it’s a trap!” He yelled, but it was too late to run, a type of invisible barrier had been put in front of the stairwell’s entrance.

“Brethren, destroy the intruders, show them the fate of anyone who dares enter the territory of the Children of Darkness,” The cloaked figure they followed said, other Children stepped out of the shadows and began expelling the corrosive gas out of their mouths.

“Chrome, do you happen to have anything to get us out of this mess?!” Twilight asked.

“I think I have just the thing,” Chrome said, she pulled a gun-like tool from her belt

“You’re gonna try to shoot them again?” The Doctor sarcastically asked.

“No, it’s a sonic blaster, it can delete blocks of matter,” Chrome explained, Twilight turned back in fear, the fog was closing in on them, it burned part of Twilight’s tail off before Chrome shot at the floor and they fell down to a bedroom below.

“Does this look like the time and place to be dropping from the ceiling with your sorcery?” An old stallion said, the fog was making it through the hole in the ceiling Chrome closed it back and the trio ran away. The mist that followed them got to the old stallion, melting his flesh, hair and bones away and leaving no traces he was ever there. The trio ran out of the building, other cultists appeared from the alleys, spewing their mist onto the cobblestone streets, still trying to kill The Doctor, Chrome and Twilight.

“Do these guys ever give up?” Chrome said.

“Better question, is there a way to ever stop them and their fog?” The Doctor responded. The trio made it to the suburbs of Fillydelphia, where they rested from the chase.

“So now we know where that fog comes from,” Twilight said.

“I’ve had bad breath before, I’ll admit it, but not enough to destroy plasma like that,” The Doctor joked.

“Now’s not the time to be fooling around and making bad jokes, we have to find the Children’s hideout and defeat them,” Chrome said. An auburn colt in a red coat walked up to them and spoke up.

“Pretty sure I heard you guys talking about finding the cult’s hideout,” He said.

“You heard nothing, we weren’t conspiring against them, nope,” The Doctor replied, clearly lying.

“It’s cool, I’m on your side, I’m also sick of those guys taking over the city,” The colt replied, “The name’s Feather, if you were wondering,” Feather introduced himself.

“You are very suspicious,” Twilight remarked.

“I agree with her, if you betray us, I’ll shoot you on the spot,” Chrome threatened.

“No need to be pointing hooves,” The Doctor stepped in, “Or futuristic blasters, no need to be pointing those either,” He added, “Let’s just take Feather with us, and if he does betray us, then I’ll sit back and let you turn him into Swiss cheese,” The Doctor said, Feather was sweating out of fear for what these complete strangers would do to him if he made a wrong move around them.

“Okay, I’ll show you where I saw them gathering at dusk,” Feather said, he lead them back into the city, the cultists seemed to be gone, but not for long, three of them rushed from the shadows and after The Doctor and his group, breathing out their corrosive fog as they walked towards the four of them.

“Their hideout is just up ahead, we have to keep moving!” Feather shouted.

“Do not let those fools reach the ritual grounds,” One of the Children said to the others beside it. The Doctor’s group took a quick turn to the right as they saw a gate with an ominous blue light coming out of the closed off road. In the dead end road, the cultists were gathered around someone on a platform, dressed in a white cloak, as opposed to the usual black.

“That one in white is the leader,” Feather said.

“I’m sure we could guess,” Twilight replied.

“My loyal subjects, we have guests, four in fact,” The leader said, not looking back at the entrance to their ‘ritual grounds’ to know of the arrival of The Doctor’s group.

“You have four guests, hundreds of servants and an assassination attempt, you psychopath,” Chrome said, aiming her blaster at the leader’s head. The leader quickly turned around and fired a ball of red energy at Chrome, it hit her blaster and made it heat up, making her drop it on the ground.

“Just what I needed tonight, to know that I’m dealing with wizards or whatever,” The Doctor griped, “Do you have a title or something that we can refer to you by?” He asked.

“I am the Father of Darkness,” Their leader replied.

“Alright, Daddy Darko, how about you ground your useless kids who couldn’t kill us all dang night?” The Doctor taunted.

“It is not within my power to punish the Children of Darkness, it is up to the Prince to decide if they deserve any form of consequence for being incompetent fools,” The Father of Darkness said. He then let out his fog, which formed rows of knights that marched towards The Doctor and his team, the Children that were chasing them cornered them from behind, The Doctor and his group were trapped there.

“What can we do?” Twilight asked, the Children behind them were charging up black fireballs to attack.

“Feather, you’ve dealt with these guys before, defend us!” Chrome yelled.

“Ahh, the Prince of Darkness, why did you not warn us that it was you bringing these sweet victims directly to the ritual?” The Father of Darkness said.

“Wait, what?!” The Doctor shouted at ‘Daddy Darko’.

“Your red-coated friend is our lord, the Prince of Darkness,” The Father confirmed.

“Feather, that better not be true,” Chrome said. Feather pulled up his red hood and let his cloak go down to the ground, he then expelled a red fog from his mouth, which burned part of Chrome’s mane.

“It is true, dear mortal,” The Prince of Darkness said, “I am truly their lo-” He was interrupted by getting shot in the head by Chrome.

“For one, I promised I’d shoot you, and for two, rarely does someone assuming I’m a ‘dear mortal’ go out to tell their tale,” Chrome said, The Doctor and Twilight looked in shock, as did the Father of Darkness.

“The Prince died at the hands of a mere equine,” The Father said, “Destroy all of them, now!” He shouted. All of the Children around him turned to The Doctor, Twilight and Chrome and charged purple fireballs.

“Well, this is the end…” The Doctor said.

“Do not worry, these projectiles will merely force you into the deepest of slumbers, it won’t kill you, time and your mortal needs will end your lives instead,” The Father taunted them.

“It was great to meet you two,” Chrome said. Twilight put on a confident look and pushed her friends to the ground as the projectiles were fired at them, she took all of the shots and passed out on the ground, essentially dead.

END OF EPISODE 10, PART 1

Author's Note:

Inspiration Corner: The Children are based on the band Ghost and their song "Secular Haze", thought, rather lightly. Check them out if you can, by the way, just not with your presumably religious granny in the room, I think.

New Episode of "Llama is a Terrible Writer": "Why imply that this Chrome is from the past with The Doctor saying 'You can't tell people about their future' instead of outright stating that she's from the past, relative to her time stream?"
Because I wanted to keep it slightly vague, as much as it did not and will not work.

Next time: The Doctor and Chrome have to keep Twilight safe from the Children of Darkness while Twilight slowly recovers from the magical attacks.
(The posting is catching up to the writing, I'm not even done with episode 11)