• Published 1st Jan 2017
  • 1,138 Views, 8 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe - Series 1 - veeSheep



Twilight meets The Doctor and they go on various adventures throughout time and space.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,138

Episode 1

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe
Series 1

Episode 1: Rude Awakening

It was night in the kingdom of Equestria, all the small towns and big cities were sleeping, save for the occasional pony or couple going back home or heading to a date. They looked up as they saw a fireball shoot across the heavens, far above their heads, they made their wishes to it and continued on their way. In a quiet house near the castle, a small unicorn filly was looking out of her bedroom window and made a wish to the shooting star as well.

“Oh, star, do you think you could make a good friend come to me? Almost everyone at school thinks I’m an egghead or a snobby pony because teacher Celestia likes me a lot…” She said, the filly then walked back to her bed and laid down to sleep.

Inside of the ‘shooting star’ was a big hexagonal room with circle-shaped lights lining the walls, a rustic-looking control panel of the same shape as the rest of the room was at the center, with a glowing pillar going up and down in the middle of the console. The entire room was on fire and glowing with a bright red, from the console and the flames. The only passenger in this place was a light brown stallion with a black, combed mane and a scarf, which he tried to keep safe from the fire.

“TARDIS, do the sprinklers still work?” He said, activating a computer monitor on the console at the center of the room.

A text-to-speech voice from the computer replied, “Sprinkler connections are sealed,” This made the stallion very worried.

“Umm… Can you re-route the ship to not smash into the ground, or worse, a rock and explode?” He asked.

“Negative, manual re-routing required,” The digitized voice replied.

“Oh, that’s absolutely fantastic…” The stallion griped as he got up and trotted to the console, he took a steering wheel and turned it, it did not take long for the wheel to snap off of the console, but the small turn it made was enough to shift the ship, in the form of a blue police box from the outside, into course towards the city of Canterlot, more specifically, it headed towards the backyard of the small unicorn and her family.

The blue box crashed into a small patch of daisies, orchids and lilies, setting the innocent flowers and the grass around them on fire. The young unicorn woke up due to the noise and went outside to see the damage. The stallion inside of the box then climbed out and saw the purple unicorn filly staring at him.

“Oh, hi there little kid, heh,” He began, “You wouldn’t happen to have a fire extinguisher or a water hose around, would you?” He continued.

“…” The filly refused to talk to him.

“Are you mute or something?” He questioned, “Oh, I think I know, your mommy and daddy told not to talk to strangers and you must think that some stallion that crawled out of a burning police box is really dangerous, is that it?” He added.

“Yeah,” The filly finally spoke in her sweet, childish voice.

“You can trust me, how about we introduce ourselves?” He said, “I’m The Doctor” He continued.

“Doctor? Doctor who?” The filly asked.

“They always ask that at first, and I say the same thing, it’s just ‘The Doctor’” He joked.

“Well, I’m Twilight Sparkle, the princess’ best student,” Little Twilight introduced herself, “Also, ‘they’?” She asked.

“I usually travel with other ponies, but I’m currently alone and my ship is on fire, so I won’t be traveling anywhere with anyone anytime soon,” The Doctor said, “Back to the question, do you have a water hose or something like that around here?” He asked.

“Oh, yeah, I’ll get it for you,” Twilight said, she ran to the corner of the garden and came back with a green hose, The Doctor climbed out and took the hose, putting it in the door to the TARDIS. Twilight then turned on the hose and water flowed through it and into The Doctor’s ship.

“Thanks, I’m also pretty hungry…” He said.

“Well, do you wanna go inside and eat something, Mister Doctor?” Twilight offered, The Doctor nodded in agreement and they went into the kitchen. In there, Twilight opened the fridge, “We have juice, a day-old hayburger, ice cream, all that stuff,” She said.

“I’ll take the ice cream, it was really hot in that ship of mine,” The Doctor said. Twilight took the entire pot of ice cream to the table, it was half empty, but that was good enough. The Doctor took a spoon and started eating.

“Say, why were you calling that box thing a ship?” Twilight curiously asked.

“Well, because it is, what is that term that would describe me best… Is it ‘alien’?” The Doctor said, “Yeah, you could say I’m an alien,” He answered himself.

“So you’re an alien that travels around space? Where’s your home world? Do you have a leader?” Twilight questioned. The Doctor lost his silly smile he had on his face and stopped eating his ice cream.

The Doctor was silent for a moment, but spoke up later, “I used to have those… They’re all gone now…” He sadly said.

“That’s really bad, what happened?” Twilight said.

“I don’t want to talk about it, the fire in my ship must be gone now, I have to get going…” The Doctor said as he stood up and left the house.

“Wait!” The small unicorn shouted, “If you’re gonna leave, can you promise to come back some day?” Twilight asked, almost crying because she might lose her new friend.

“I’ll consider it, try to not forget me, Twily,” The Doctor said. Without another word, he stepped into the TARDIS and it slowly disappeared into nothing in front of Twilight, who sat there all night waiting for him to return.

***

20XX

Many years after that incident, Twilight grew up and moved to the town of Ponyville, where she made many friends and lived peacefully with her dragon friend, Spike. One day, the aforementioned dragon was looking through a drawer of Twilight’s childhood items while she wasn’t around, the purple mare got home while he was looking through her stuff.

“Twi!? I didn’t think you’d come back so soon!” Spike shouted in surprise, Twilight noticed that the dragon was holding a small blue item in his hand.

“What’s that in your hand, Spike?” Twilight calmly asked.

“I found this in the drawer, I don’t know what it is, do you remember what it is?” The small dragon asked.

Twilight picked the blue box up with her magic and spoke, “This is an old memory of a childhood friend of mine, I barely knew him and he left really soon, I haven’t seen him since,” She explained, “I must’ve been pretty young when I made this, it’s so sloppy,” Twilight added.

“Must not have been a good friend if he just left and never came back,” Spike groaned.

“I slightly remember him saying that he’d think about coming back to see me, but it’s been at least twenty years,” Twilight said.

That night, Twilight was sleeping lightly but peacefully, thinking about her friend, ‘Mister Doctor’ for the first time in many years. The next morning, Twilight woke up to an odd sound, one she heard all that time ago, she rushed outside and to the back of the library, the grass was blowing outwards from a point where a blue police box was materializing from thin air, making that odd sound as it appeared. As she expected, a light brown stallion with a scarf opened the doors and stepped outside to see Twilight.

“Are you?” They said in unison.

“Twily!”

“Doctor!”

The rushed at each other and hugged, happy to see each other after so long, in Twilight’s time, at least.

“What took you all these years to come back?” Twilight asked, still smiling.

“I thought I’d come back a few hours after the last time we met, I think I did it, just not at the right year,” The Doctor explained.

“So you traveled through time? I thought that thing was just a spaceship,” Twilight replied.

“There are many things you don’t know about me, “The Doctor smiled, “Anyways, I’m here investigating this town because my ship’s sensors picked up millions of lifeforms somewhere here, and this doesn’t seem like the place to have millions of ponies living here, so I became suspicious,” He explained, breaking up their hug and grabbing a type of wand from the knot of his scarf, it was gold and silver with a green, glowing gemstone at the tip.

“Well, what is it? A bug infestation?” Twilight asked.

“I’m afraid so, does this town have a sewer system or something of the sort?” He asked.

“Of course, I could show you the way,” Twilight said, offering to help. The Doctor nodded and followed Twilight to an entrance into the sewers, which was covered by a circular lid, Twilight removed it and they hopped inside.

“My sonic screwdriver is telling me that we’re closer to the source of the millions of life signals,” The Doctor claimed, he and his companion continued into the sewers, finding sticky green trails and tendrils attached to the walls as they neared the town’s reservoir.

“Now that I think about it, Ponyville’s had a water shortage, could it have something to do with this infestation?” Twilight asked.

“Most likely, it’s probably a colony of bugs that got lost down here and made a nest in the reservoir,” The Doctor said, as they could finally see the exit from the claustrophobic tunnels and pipes, things only got worse, “Well speak of the devil,” The Doctor said, looking upon the massive green crystal at the center of the reservoir, he could see silhouettes of many identical and large insects, squirming inside of their cocoon.

“Looks like we’ve found the hive,” Twilight remarked, “So, how do we kill these things?” She asked.

“I don’t kill, I’d rather take these things far away from here, preferably to their home planet,” The Doctor said. He scanned the crystal to see what species the bugs were, “These are Oagantis Magna Apis, or ‘giant bees from Oagantu’, to simplify,” He said.

“So all we have to do is wake them up and show them the way out so they can go back home?” Twilight asked.

“How I wish it was that simple,” The Doctor began, “This species is very aggressive and irrational, they’d never follow someone not of their kind,” He explained, “Plus, Oagantu is light years away, these things didn’t fly here, someone deliberately brought them to your planet,” The Doctor finished.

“Oh, alright then,” Twilight responded.

“Which means that someone will deliberately have to take them back, and since I’m the one with the spaceship, I have to luck of being the designated pilot for millions of killer bees from space,” The Doctor griped.

“Let me guess, we have to break this cocoon and have them chase you back to your ship, then you fly them to their planet and come back before I assume you died trying,” Twilight said, “Am I right?” She sarcastically added.

“Yes, that’s exactly the plan,” He replied, much to his dismay. The Doctor turned a piece on the sonic screwdriver and pointed it at the cocoon, it emitted a very loud frequency that quickly cracked the crystal, he continued until it began to fall apart and the insects inside awoke, “Now run like you never did before, Twily!”, The Doctor yelled and Twilight obeyed, they ran as fast as they could as the swarm of bees followed down through the sewers.

“The entrance we came from was back there!” Twilight shouted.

“No time to climb ladders, we’re going towards the mouth of this sludge river,” The Doctor replied, gasping for air as he ran for his life. They eventually made it to a lake and swam down, the bees could not follow them underwater.

‘Try to look up and see if they are gone for now’ The Doctor gestured, being unable to actually speak.

‘I think they went away, let’s surface before we drown’ Twilight gestured back, so the two of them went back up and got to solid ground, shaking the water off of their coats.

“Okay, now I need to lure those things into my ship, the TARDIS, to be able to take them back to Oagantu,” The Doctor said, taking those things after himself would be easy as he was one of their targets, “But what about you? You were with me, they have your scent so they’ll track you too…” He added.

“Maybe I could try to disguise my smell with something out here, they will be confused and will leave me be,” Twilight said, The Doctor approved of that idea and Twilight ran off to roll in the dirt and plants.

“See you later, wish me luck!” The Doctor shouted at his friend as she ran away, “Now to take care of those bugs back in town,” He said to himself. He rushed to Ponyville and got the attention of the large bees, he then ran back to the TARDIS, the insects still giving chase.

The Doctor ran around the rooms of the newly reformed TARDIS, the library, study, kitchen and other locations, until the bugs fell back and he returned to the console room. It was a big dome lined with diamond-shaped lights and a rounder console at the center, with a time rotor that connected to the ceiling. He closed the door to the rest of the ship and took off immediately, trying to ignore the bees banging on the door to try and reach him. Meanwhile, outside, Twilight was watching the TARDIS fly into the sky and disappear into nothing.

***

Many light years from Equestria, in the orbit of Oagantu

The Doctor had finally arrived at his destination, the damp and wet planet of Oagantu, home of the Oaganis Magna Apis, the species that was trying to kill him for the past few hours. Now came the hardest part of this mission, safely making the bugs leave the TARDIS to go back to their planet.

“I need to find a way to get these things out, but how?!” he questioned himself, he then had the idea to activate the TARDIS’ air pocket, open the doors and hang outside of the ship, hoping that’d attract the bugs outside, and if they didn’t head home, they’d freeze in space forever, ‘Any possibility is better than being stung to death and eaten’ The Doctor thought. He went through with his insane plan, and it just barely worked, the bees flew too fast and left the air pocket, being flung into their planet’s strong gravitational pull.

All seemed well, The Doctor climbed back inside and tried to fly out of the orbit, but the gravity was too strong for a Time Lord ship to escape.

“Oh no, no, no, no, no!” The Doctor cried out to himself, “If I get pulled too far, I’ll be stranded in this ship with tons of other dangerous giant bugs surrounding me,” He continued, “Please guiding systems, don’t you dare fail me now!” He finished. The Doctor pulled a lever and the TARDIS began to de-materialize, much to his luck.

***

Back in Equestria

That rainy night, Twilight could barely sleep, worried for The Doctor’s life, but she was assured of his success by the TARDIS’ trademark engine noises roaring outside of her house, Golden Oaks Library. She ran outside and saw a mildly angry looking Doctor standing outside of the TARDIS in the cold rain.

“Oh, thank goodness you’re okay,” Twilight said, “But why do you look so miffed?” She added.

“It’s just that my ship’s internal clock and such are all garbage, I need to remind myself to fix those later,” He griped, “I mean, first, it only lets me come back to you a ton of years later and now I probably left you worried for me because the dang thing took until your nighttime to get me back,” He continued to complain.

“Oh, that’s pretty bad, isn’t it?” Twilight said in agreement, “So, I was thinking…”

“That you want to travel with me and see the universe that you and your kind are so insignificant to?” The Doctor joked, Twilight giggled at his small quip.

“Actually, it’s exactly that,” She quickly explained.

“Wow,” He said, “It’s just that, I got used to traveling and saving planets alone after a while, having a companion on board will be just like my old times,” He added, growing happier as he thought of it.

“Good, when do we start? Where will we go?” She enthusiastically asked.

“Oh, just step right in,” The Doctor said, inviting his friend to enter the police box.

Twilight gasped in awe as she saw the massive control room of the ship, compared to the rather small outside.

“It’s certainly bigger on the inside,” Twilight said.

“Another thing that almost all my other companions say, heh,” The Doctor replied, “Welcome to the Time And Relative Dimensions In Space, ‘TARDIS’ for short, it’s a Gallifreyan spacecraft that can go anywhere in time and space,” He explained, “The big question is…”

“What?” Twilight was very curious at that point.

“Where do you want to go first?” The Doctor asked.

END OF EPISODE 1

Author's Note:

I hope you are already enjoying this story, I'll admit that I'm not that good of a writer. At all. So expect odd wording and punctuation among other things.

Next Time: The Doctor faces old foes at a massive natural reserve.