• Published 1st Jan 2017
  • 1,139 Views, 8 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe - Series 1 - veeSheep



Twilight meets The Doctor and they go on various adventures throughout time and space.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,139

Episode 7

Doctor Whooves: Savior of the Universe
Series 1

Episode 7: The Cyber Incursion

My name is Chrome Green, I’m a special agent of the Centurion Alliance, I have lived for a very long time. One day, I met this nice-looking colt, called himself “The Doctor” and I traveled with him to an icy planet, Hiskus, to stop the Cybermen. This is the story of my last hours, this is the story of how I finally died…

In the snowy planet of Hiskus, a war was going on between the ponies and the Cybermen, killer cyborgs with the intent to assimilate anyone who gets in their way.

“This is captain Windy Blade requesting back-up, the Cybermen are charging towards the base, we must stop this wave!” A green mare in a winter coat yelled into a wrist communicator.

“Understood, Windy, we’re sending more soldiers to hold those metal monsters back, how is your squad doing?” A male voice replied through the communicator.

“Most of them were captured or killed,” Windy responded, she ran back in the direction of her base and hid in a shed, where she shot at the Cybermen out of a window. She heard an odd sound just outside of the shed and looked outside through another window. A blue police box had appeared outside, with the door turned to the wall.

“Oops, I parked wrong,” The Doctor said as he opened the doors, he walked back inside and fixed the TARDIS’ direction, he then walked outside again, followed by Chrome, “It’s really cold out here,” The Doctor remarked, he walked back into the TARDIS and put on a jacket and pants, Chrome did the same.

“Anything else before we continue on this mission? Did you leave the oven on?” Chrome joked.

“Nope, we’re good to go,” The Doctor said, but they hid back inside of the TARDIS as they saw lasers flying in their general direction. The Doctor looked through the TARDIS window and saw the Cybermen marching outside, “You were right, the Cybermen are attacking here,” He said.

Chrome simply hit her face with her hoof, “You claim people need to stop doubting you, but you’re constantly doubting everyone, a bit hypocritical if you ask me,” The gray mare said.

“My mistake, then,” He replied, “I think the coast is clear, let’s get in this shed beside the TARDIS,” The Doctor said. They rushed outside and into the shed, where they were met by a green mare with a rifle pointed at them.

“Are we invading anything?” Chrome asked.

“On which side are you? Equestrian or Cyberman?” Windy asked.

“We’re here to help stop this war, on what side does that put us?” The Doctor asked.

“On ours, captain Blade, pleasure to meet you, Doctor,” The green mare said.

“How do you know me?” He asked, confused.

“Those stories about you spread like wildfire, how you stood up against the Centurion Alliance when they bombed Ceotis 6, how you saved all of those ponies in that ship from the Knycobus, all that stuff,” Windy Blade explained.

“Fantastic, now a legion of intergalactic soldiers are constantly gonna be watching me,” The Doctor sighed, “Do I look like some sort of dark brooding vigilante doing his job against the law? I personally don’t think so, I don’t need your little fan club watching my every step to be sure I won’t go out of the line and end up dead on the spot because of some rule you didn’t tell me about,” He ranted.

“I never accused you of anything, the Alliance has been watching you for a long time and they’ve ignored all of your crimes towards the space-time continuum,” Blade said, “Don’t expect us to suddenly have a change of heart and start pulling your leg at every chance,” She continued.

“Good,” The Doctor said, quickly calming down, “So, what are we facing, better yet, where are they coming from?” He asked.

“This huge ship just showed up and the Cyberman just continue to come out of it,” Windy began, “They kidnap our soldiers to make more of theirs, but there physically can’t be enough of us for the millions of Cybermen that have showed up,” She explained.

“They must have a stock full of other prisoners and lifeforms that they stuff into those husks,” The Doctor said, “Do we have any plans to defeat them?”

“We have many plans, but they’re back at the base, where that wave of Cybermen was headed,” Windy said.

“Then what are we waiting for, a formal invitation?” The Doctor said, “You two have blasters, so go ahead, I’ll follow,” He added.

“Did you bang your head on the way out of the TARDIS? We’re dealing with Cybermen, these shots just slow them down,” Chrome said.

“When did I necessarily say we had to go through this trench? We can climb out and go around them,” The Doctor said, but that just made him sound crazier. Despite that, Windy and Chrome agreed and they headed outside, they climbed over the hills at the sides of the trench and traversed past the Cybermen, they made it to the Alliance’s base and entered the large building.

“Agent Chrome and captain Blade, just in time, the Cybermen are almost here,” An older stallion said.

“We know, what will we do about about this wave?” Windy asked.

“Fight them off, of course,” The old stallion said, “By the way, hello Doctor, great to finally meet you,” He greeted.

“Hello, mister, nice to meet you too,” The Doctor replied.

“The name’s Silver Bullet, I’m the general of the Alliance bases set up in this planet,” He introduced himself, “We can talk later, Doctor, all units, set yourselves up at Gate A, the Cybermen are coming,” Silver said into the intercom.

The armored ponies set themselves up at the entrance to the base, armed with rifles and rocket launchers. The Cybermen arrived and the ponies at the entrance began to fire at them, denting their armor and blowing them away, the snow that got into the metal making the Cybermen stop functioning.

“Send them flying into the snow and let natural effects do the rest, quite effective,” The Doctor said, “But those things keep on coming, we can’t do anything about that,” He mentioned.

“We know, but there’s no way to get rid of all the Cybermen at once,” Silver Bullet said.

“Maybe something in their ship can do it, like a switch or plug that turns them all off,” The Doctor wondered.

“General, incoming video message, it’s from the Cybermen ship,” A pony at a computer said.

“Put it up on the monitor,” Silver requested.

The video message began, it showed a Cyberman standing alone in a room, it then began to talk, “Attention inferior organic lifeforms,” It started, “The Cyberman army means no harm to this world, we are trying to colonize it, but you are in the way,” The robot continued, “Your troops have three options, remove yourselves from the surface of Hiskus, be assimilated into our army or be deleted,” It finished, the video then closed on its own and a box appeared saying ‘Tracker planted’.

“The message was a virus! All of the Cybermen here now know where we are and they’ll be coming to get us,” Chrome started to panic.

“My soldiers have defeated countless waves of these infernal machines,” Silver said, “This time, it just happens that they’re sending all of the waves at once,” he added, failing to comfort the gray mare.

Chrome looked at The Doctor and asked, “What do you say, Doctor, ready for the fight of your life?”

“No, I’m not,” He replied.

“Why not? You’ve defeated these things before, you should know a thing or two,” Windy asked.

“It’s time for a story, the Tale of a Mad Pony in His Magical Blue Box,” The Doctor sat down and began, “A long time ago, hundreds of years in fact, was a planet known as Gallifrey, located in the constellation of Kasterborous, was a young boy, who won’t be named, he grew up normally in the Time Lord city, until he was taken for a ceremony to look into the time vortex,” He continued, “Everyone had a different reaction to this, some made it, some ran and some went insane…” The Doctor told his story, “The boy was one of those who ran, he grew up running from his fate, until he was very old and he stole a TT Capsule with his granddaughter, they traveled to a distant world called ‘Earth’ where they thought they’d be safe,” The Doctor continued with the tale, “But many evil beasts wanted to catch that man, from mutants in miniature tanks, to alien cyborgs, to his own kind, but not matter how much he suffered, he made it through everything the universe threw at him, he lost many friends, he changed a lot, but he made it through” He kept on telling the story, “Many years later, he returned to his planet, to put an end to the great war that started it all, he destroyed his planet with an ancient artifact, The Moment, and he ran for safety, he changed one last time and crashed his ship in the backyard of a little purple unicorn,” He finished.

“And then what?” Chrome asked.

“After destroying his own kind, he strayed from winning with violence, he preferred words over guns, wits over swords,” The Doctor said.

“And that boy was you, wasn’t it?” Silver Bullet asked.

“Sounds like something you’d do, lecture people with your life’s story to get everyone to put down their guns,” Chrome became enraged, “You lost a bunch of friends in your centuries of life? Try losing friends and family and everything in thousands of years, your species can die and regenerate, but whatever freak I am can’t die, period,” Chrome ranted.

“Chrome, I had no idea, I…” The Doctor was interrupted.

“I am immortal, I avoid getting too attached to people because I know I’ll outlive them, and once they’re gone, I can’t just hop into a time machine and get them back, because I would destroy the time stream, and even then, I’d still be alive…” Chrome slowly broke down into tears, “You pretend to care about other people and planets, but do you really? Or do you just keep mourning your planet and your people and hide it behind a smile and some ‘I understand’ garbage?” She ranted.

“Hear me out,” The Doctor said, Chrome went silent for a moment, “If you had told me earlier that you’re immortal, I wouldn’t have bothered with my long, stupid story, I would’ve understood that you went through a worse life and kept my yap shut,” The Doctor explained.

“I ask again, do you really understand other people’s problems or are you just projecting how you felt about the Time Lords’ demise at your own hooves?” Chrome raged once more, “If you’re too much of a wuss to pick up a weapon and protect those you claim to care about, I’ll go end the Cybermen on my own,” She said, walking to a weapons cabinet and getting a futuristic-looking shotgun.

“Chrome, that gun only has six shots left, we didn’t restock on ammo yet!” Silver tried to stop her, but Chrome did not listen, she picked up the gun and trotted outside, towards the Cybermen’s base of operations. The Doctor followed her, trying to get her attention.

“Just go the heck away!” She yelled.

The both of them stopped and stared at each other, The Doctor then spoke, “Fine, but don’t come crawling back when you end up captured and possibly killed,” He taunted.

They went back to their own ways, Chrome waited for a moment to see if The Doctor was gone, she then continued back towards the Cyberman ship and he went back to the Alliance base. Many minutes passed while The Doctor waited in the base, after a long time, they received another video message.

“We, the Cybermen, have one of your agents, organic lifeforms,” The Cyberman in the video said, another one walked in pulling Chrome’s hair, “If one of you cannot reach our base in T minus twenty hours, she shall be assimilated,” It said before the video stopped.

The Doctor was silent, but fuming with anger, despite her outrage, Chrome was still his friend. He got so angry that he punched the large monitor the video was showed on.

“Doctor, what was that for?!” Silver Bullet asked.

“They have my friend and I won’t forgive them if she dies or gets turned into one of them,” He said, “Tonight the Cyberman are coming for us, and I’m going to get Chrome back, tonight, a good man goes to war,” The Doctor said.

END OF EPISODE 7, PART 1

Author's Note:

Did you enjoy that block of text summarizing The Doctor's story? Because I surely didn't

I tried to do the same thing Rose did at the start of the series 2 finale, Army of Ghosts, where she spoils that she legally dies in her own universe (Sorry for them spoilers). I think it'd work because you still need to read to know how she died, but I doubt it does work.

I have no clue why I kept them as "Cybermen" even though it makes no sense for this universe, I'm just kinda stupid.

Next Time: The Doctor rushes to the Cybermen ship to rescue Chrome before it's too late, and, hopefully, defeat the Cybermen once and for all.