• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 8,239 Views, 216 Comments

Three Dazzling Daughters - BG9



A man with an unusual name comes across the three Dazzlings after their defeat in a younger, kid form. Cuteness ensues.

  • ...
17
 216
 8,239

PreviousChapters Next
The Meeting of Two Great Minds

Back at the house the frozen pizza train had run dry. Which kind of sucked, but Anon had to admit it probably wasn't very healthy for the girls to have that every night anyway. Time to go hunting!

"Ok girls. I'm going out to buy some food for us and food for the dog. I will be back in about 30 minutes." Anon gives Adagio a piece of paper "If you need anything using the home phone to call this number."

They all look at it intently

"Make sure nothing happens while I'm gone Adagio. I'm leaving you in charge."

Adagio stood up completely straight and gave him a salute.

"Sir, yes, sir!" she said

Anon giggled and patted her head.

"That's my little general. I'll be back before you know it."

Anon walks out of the room and drives off, leaving the three girls alone. Aria and Sonata stare at each other with a glare all to familiar.

"Now girls," Adagio said "Let's try to be civil. Anon is trusting us!"

Aria crosses her arms

"As if I care." she said "Sonata is stupid."

"I am not!" Sonata protested

"You are too! Baby!"

"I told you to stop calling me that!"

"I'm only saying the truth!"

"Shut up!"

"You shut up!"

"Girls!" Adagio yelled "Stop it! Can't you two get along for like ten seconds?"

They both cross their arms and face away from one another.

"No." they said in unison

"Well at least you two can agree on something." Adagio sighed "Come on. We can do something fun."

"As if." Aria said "I partake in adult fun, not in coloring books!"

"I'm not a baby you meanie!"

Adagio slapped her hand to her face. This was going to take some effort clearly.

"Let's play a game." Dagi suggested

"Like what?" Sonata asked

"I don't know... I got it!"

Adagio leads the girls on the couch and points down.

"The ground is lava! If you touch it you lose!"

Aria looks completely disinterested while Sonata is having a blast.

"Ground control to major Sonata! How's the situation down there?"

"It's bad Commander Adagio! The entire ground is covered in toxic lava! It's only me and private Aria! Private Aria status report."

"Hey! Why do I have to be the private?"

"I'm the Sargent, duh!"

"No you're not! You're the private you big dummy!"

"Shut up! You smell!"

Son of a bitch.

"Girls!" Adagio says again "Just stop. No ranks ok?"

"No Adagio! Sonata is annoying and just-"

Sonata starts to whine and Aria lets her anger get the better of her. She pushes Sonata off the couch and too the floor. She hits the ground with a loud thud and starts to cry. Aria clenches her fist.

"Just stay away from me loser! I hate you! I wish I never met you!" Aria yells and storms off to her room

"W-w-well I hate you more!" Sonata blubbers

Sonata marches up to her room as well, the door slamming shut. And there was only one person to meet them together again: Adagio Dazzle. Dagi walks up to her room and gets out a stick then travels to Aria's room, knocking on the door.

"I'm not seeing visitors!" a voice yells from the other side

"I'm Adagio Dazzle of the Dazzle Free Press, may I have an interview?"

"Go away!"

Adagio sighed. Looks like she was going to have to force her. She opens the door. To her surprised, Aria was crying.

"I said go away!" Aria yelled, throwing a pillow at her

"Aria."

"What do you want?" she sniffles "Are you deaf or something?"

Dagi sits next to her sister.

"Why are you crying?"

"It's none of your damn business."

"Aria."

"You think I like acting like this!?" Aria yelled "You think I enjoy acting like a monster?"

"A monster? Aria you're not a monster."

"Just get out of her Adagio. Please just leave me be."

Adagio respects her sisters wishes and goes to Sonata's room next. She was faring now better.

"Sonata?" Adagio called meekly

Sonata was laying on the bed, her back facing towards Dagi. She could here Sonata trying to keep her crying silent.

"What?" she asks, trying to sound as if everything was fine

"You ok?"

"Yeah."

Adagio walks over to her sister and turns her over. Her eyes were full of tears. She breaks into sobs.

"I'm sorry! I don't mean it!" Sonata cries

"Oh Sonata." Adagio said sympathetically "Don't be sorry. You're ok."

"I'm stupid!"

"No you're not."

"I-I just want to be like Aria!"

"You what?"

"I want to be like her. She's so grown up and everything. I keep trying to impress her but then she says I'm an annoying kid..."

"I know. You wait right here ok?"

"Ok."

Adagio runs into her room and gathers a few things. Two chairs, some dry erase boards with markers, and two straps she could use as blind folds. All part of the plan. She sets everything up carefully then runs to get the two girls.

"Sonata, but this blindfold on."

Sonata follows suit and she does the same to Aria, leading them to the chairs.

"Hello and welcome to Dr. Dazzle!" Adagio said "I am here with my two sisters Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk!"

"Adagio, I swear if this is another one of your stupid tricks." Aria said through her teeth

"These two have been fighting a lot, but I think I have just the trick to help them!"

"Adagio!" Aria growled

Dagi goes and takes the blindfolds off giving them each a dry erase board.

"I want both of you to draw something on the board. Anything you want."

Sonata is already doing it while Aria remains stubborn.

"Come on Aria. Just trust me."

She scoffs and just starts doing it. After a while they both finish. Sonata had drawn a meadow with a sun and a dog. Aria just colored the entire board black.

"Alright. Now I want you to draw how you want your friendship with your sister to be!"

"Really, Adagio?"

"Yes, really. Just do it."

"Fine."

They both draw for a while and present the creations. Sonata had two stick figures hugging each other but Aria's was far more interesting. It was of a little black ball with cracks in it. Going inside those cracks was glue coming from above. Sonata brand of course. Adagio smiled.

"Show that to Sonata. And explain what it means too." Adagio said

Aria flipped the board to Sonata, getting slightly embarrassed at Sonata's stupid grin.

"I'm the little broken ball and you're the glue alright..."

"But what does that mean Aria?" Adagio prodded

"Well..." Aria's face goes a deep shade of red "You make me happy whenever I'm sad... I know I say a lot of mean things but... I love you ok?"

Sonata's dumb grin doesn't leave her face and she hugs Aria. Aria returns the hug.

"I love you too Aria. You're the best."

Aria shows a slight smile.

"Come on you dork. You want to go play floor lava again?"

"Yeah! But only if you're the Sargent!"

Not many words needed to pass between them for the wounds to heal. Sonata didn't look it, but she was quite smart for her age. Just in that brief exchange of the picture, she understood all of Aria's pain. A true empath.

"One second though." Aria said "I gotta do something real quick."

Aria leaves the room and goes to Alto, who's sitting at the foot of Anon's bead. Aria hugs him tight and gives him some love. Alto really calmed her down when she was stressed. That do just got her. He didn't talk back or judge. He just loved. Aria quietly cries into him.

"I'm not a monster am I, Alto?"

The dog just sits there and stares.

"I'm sorry. I just wish I could say that to her. I just can't get past it."

Alto licks the salty tears from her face and Aria smiles

"You always know just what to do you silly dog. I'll be back."

Aria runs down stairs to join her family and play a classic game of toxic floor lava. Anon arrived home shortly afterwards and quietly observed the group. It was like magic. They were all getting along so well! And all thanks to an amazing mediator.

Author's Note:

This chapter took forever to write. I'm so tired. You're lucky I love you.

PreviousChapters Next