• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 8,175 Views, 216 Comments

Three Dazzling Daughters - BG9



A man with an unusual name comes across the three Dazzlings after their defeat in a younger, kid form. Cuteness ensues.

  • ...
17
 216
 8,175

PreviousChapters Next
One Octave More

Anon walks downstairs and flips open the paper, pouring the fresh coffee into the mug. Black. Just the way he liked it. He slowly scanned through all of the pages, trying to glean anything interesting. Nothing. It was all nonsense. How do people read this garbage every day? It remained surprisingly quiet as he read through the nonsense, allowing him to finish his brew in peace. After a little while he went upstairs to check on the progress. Sonata has just walked out of the shower with a large towel lazily wrapped around her tiny body and Aria is busy combing her hair in front of a mirror that Anon had just outside the bathroom.

"How are you three doing?" he asked

"Adagio just went in." Aria said

"I see. Let's brush your hair Sonata."

Anon grabs a comb from the night stand and start to brush the seven year old's long hair, trying to avoid making knots. How the hell did girls do this every day? It was so much simpler getting ready as a boy. Adagio, however, doesn't waste much time and is in and out in less than ten minutes. Adagio's cheesy poof hair is perfectly done despite the short amount of time. How on earth they managed to do that every day was just beyond him. Women amiright?

"You girls ready?"

"Yeah, give me one second." Aria said, tying up her pig tails "Perfect."

The three walk down the steps and into the car outside. The three girls take their designated spots: Adagio in the middle, Aria on the right and Sonata on the left. Time to give them the surprise of a lifetime. He puts the car in drive and, surprisingly, there is little fighting. In fact, there was no fighting at all. It was almost uncanny compared to how it had been. Maybe they really did take his words about family seriously, at least he hoped so.

It took about thirty minutes to reach the destination: the adoption agency! (just kidding) the pound. He pulls into the pound driveway and already the sound of howling dogs is abundant. The building was surprisingly boring. If he hadn't know better, he'd though it was a factory or some administrative building. Hopefully the inside wouldn't be as disappointing as the outside. As the car door open, Sonata's eyes were sparkling with joy.

"Are we getting a puppy!?" Sonata asked excitedly

"Either that or a cat." Anon said "But we can only get one so you girls need to decide which one you want."

The three look rather somber at that suggestion.

"Now I want you girls to stay close. No running off ok?"

"Ok!" Sonata said, the other two nodding in agreement

They all stay relatively close to each other as Anon lead them down the long line of cages housing barking dogs of all shapes and sizes. The girls seem rather undecided at first, Aria even stopping to look at a few cats, but then come across one with a giant St. Bernard. The sisters instantly fell in love.

"Can we get him Anon?" Sonata asked "He's so cute!"

"Yeah come on. I think he likes us." Adagio agreed

Even stone faced Aria couldn't contain her excitement.

"YEAH!" she practically yelled "I would love it!"

They all look at her, surprised that she was showing so much emotion and she quickly goes back to her tough girl act, crossing her arms.

"But ya know... it's up to you. Who needs a stupid dog anyway right?"

Anon unlatched the cage and the Dazzlings walk inside. Poor thing looked like it was boiling in there with all that fur.

"Maybe we could get something just a tad smaller?"

But Anon's plea fell on deaf ears. Adagio and the gang were already cuddling with it. They seemed to have their hearts set. And Anon, being the sucker he was, just couldn't say no to such joy. He let's out a sigh.

"Alright girls, we'll get him."

Aria practically jumps with joy and goes back to cuddling the poor thing like it was the last St. Bernard in existence. Anon had never seen her show so much emotion before. Who knew she was such an animal lover? Happy with their choice, the group walk to the counter and start filling the adoption form.

"I am glad you four came to adopt him when you did." the cashier said "We were just about to put him down because no one would take him. I hope you give him a good home."

"Don't you worry m'am." Anon said, looking at Aria's arms still tightly wrapped around the animal "There is more than enough love in this family to go around."

Family. He let that word just rest on his tongue for a moment. He liked the sound of it. His old one may have abandoned him and left him for dead, but he had a new one now. And he couldn't be happier. Anon couldn't believe he had actually thought about giving them up. He hadn't felt this happy since he was a kid. Sure it was hard and annoying, but he wouldn't trade it for the world. He purchase the dog and in a few short minutes he was property of the Anon household. Since the dog was so big, Anon allowed Adagio to sit in the front seat so Aria and Sonata would have room. He turned to the back.

"So girls, have you decided on a name for him yet?" he asked

"How about Oliver!" Aria said gleefully, as if she had been thinking about it for hours

"That's a stupid name." Sonata sneers "Let's name him Crayon!"

And here. We. Go.

"That's stupid!" Aria says back "What kind of dumb name is Crayon!? You're the WORST Sonata!"

"You are!"

Adagio butts in

"Come on girls, we need to be diplomatic about this." Dagi says

Sonata looks completely confused

"Diplowatawhat?"

Aria let's out a heavy sigh

"She means we should take a vote, loser."

"Aria." Anon said "Enough name calling."

"Sorry..." Aria says in a snide tone

"So what name do you suggest Adagio?" Anon asks

Adagio thinks for a moment

"How about... Alto."

Anon smiled. He liked the sound of it. It would fit with the rest of the musically inclined names in your family.

"Ok, who votes for Oliver?" he asked

Aria is the only one to raise her hand

"Alright. How about Crayon?"

Sonata is the only one to raise her hand.

"Alto?"

Adagio is the only one to raise her hand.

They all look towards Anon to break the tie. But he couldn't. He didn't want to be responsible for hurt feelings over this.

"No way. I'm not having any part in this." he said "You all have to work this out between yourselves."

"Well then how are we supposed to break the tie?" Dagi sneered "Everyone is only voting for themselves."

"How about this: we make it illegal to vote for your own name and you all have to close your eyes when you vote, that way nobody feels judged." he suggested

Aria looked skeptical

"Well if all of our eyes are closed how are we supposed to know who voted what?" Aria asked

"I'll be the one who looks since I'm not voting."

The girls nodded to each other and closed their eyes.

"Raise your hand if you want Olive."

Too his surprised, no hands are raised.

"Raise your hand if you want Crayon."

Again, no hands rose.

"Raise your hand if you want Alto"

All three of them raise their hands, even though Adagio knew that it was against the rules for her to do so. Looks like she still did have a little bit of a dark side, sneaky little girl.

"Alright the winning name has been decided."

They all look at him with the intensity of 10,000 suns.

"It's Alto."

Aria hides her pleasure and Sonata smiles.

"I have to admit, it does fit better than crayon. What do you say boy? Do you like Alto?" Sonata coos and the dog barks in approval

"Well it's settled then. Is everyone happy with this?"

Anon then witnesses something truly beautiful and breathtaking. The pinnacle of art and the absolute definition of rarity. Aria's big smile. A highly sought after treasure, Anon felt unfit to look at it with his mere mortal eyes. It was beautiful and really fit her. If only she smiled like that more often, that big, toothy, genuine smile. Anon could feel all of Aria's love just from a few seconds of her smile.

"Aria?" he says

"Yeah?"

"You have a gorgeous smile. You should share it with the world more often."

Aria's face goes beet red

"D-did I ask for your opinion!?"

She turns her head and stares out the window. That was just her way of saying thank you. He knew she really appreciated it. Though she put up a tough shell, her eyes told him all of what she really felt. Love.

PreviousChapters Next