• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 8,232 Views, 216 Comments

Three Dazzling Daughters - BG9



A man with an unusual name comes across the three Dazzlings after their defeat in a younger, kid form. Cuteness ensues.

  • ...
17
 216
 8,232

PreviousChapters Next
Stronger Than Friendship

Anon sat at the table, a cup of coffee in hand and Alto by his feet. The sun was just starting to peak over the clouds, casting a golden pink glow across the landscape outside. It didn't take long for Dagi to join him. As she walked towards the coffee pot and poured herself some, she stretched, multiple bones popping in the process. Anon smiles

"That sounded like it felt good."

Adagio stretches just a little more before turning to face him

"Oh yeah. That felt heavenly."

Anon looked at the calendar and realized what day it was. Summer break. The first day of their first summer break. He felt himself get giddy at the thought. Dagi began to reach from some cereal but he stopped her.

"Adagio, wait."

She looked confused

"Daddy?"

"It's your first day of summer break. And no first day of summer break could be complete without breakfast made by your dad."

Adagio smiles brightly

"Well I certainly won't complain. I'll go up and shower while you prepare it."

"Sounds good. Feeling like anything in particular?"

"Whatever you make I'll like." she said, disappearing up the stairs

Anon finishes his cup and goes to work making some chocolate chip pancakes, thinking about what should take place during their first summer break. Camping? Fishing? Bike riding? So many choices. Not long after he starts cooking the pancake mix, Aria walks down to join him.

"That smells delicious." she said

"I'm glad. Hopefully it will taste just as good."

Anon noticed a certain look in her eyes. Not the happy kind.

"You alright Ari?"

She sighs

"Not really... I had a really scary nightmare last night."

"You want to talk about it?

"It was really scary. I was being chased by bees. No matter how far I ran they just wouldn't stop. Right before they caught me I woke up."

He hugs her with his free hand, as he starts to add chocolate chips.

"Oh sweetheart. That must of been so scary."

"It really was."

"You're safe now though. Don't worry. Daddy won't let a single bee next to you."

She hugged him tighter

"Thanks dad."

Just as he was close to finishing the pancakes Sonata walked down stairs, followed shortly after by a freshly showered Adagio.

"Good. Glad you two came. The pancakes are just about ready."

Sonata got a cute little smile

"We're having pancakes!? That's awesome!"

"Not just any pancakes, Chocolate chip."

Sonata looked as if she might explode from the excitement of it all.

"Just try not to get any food on yourself, dork." Aria said

Sonata just stuck her tongue out

"That's enough you two."

He took the batch of pancakes and placed them on a plate, drenching them in syrup.

"Dig in you three."

After cooking up a few more, Anon joined them in the feast

"So how do you girls want to experience this summer break?" he asked "I've got a few ideas of what might be fun."

"Like what?" Dagi asked

"Well we can do some camping. There's also so fun hiking and biking trails around here. Or we could fish. And there's the carnival that comes around this time of year."

"Let's do the carnival!" Sonata yelled with glee

Saw that coming from a mile away

"Alright. We'll do it when it comes around."

"I suppose we could do some camping. That doesn't sound half bad." Aria added

"Camping it is. Anything you want to do Adagio?" he asked "Adagio?"

Before he knew it Adagio dropped to the floor, out cold. Anon ran to her

"Adagio? Adagio are you ok? Adagio wake up!"

Her face was covered in sweat and she was breathing heavily. The color had drained from her face in a matter of seconds. Could this be another supernatural occurrence? Anon knew just who to call. He took out his phone and called Princess Twilight. Luckily she was still spending a little time in the human world. She was over in not time flat. After a brief checkup, Twilight took him into a room away from the others

"Anon... I have some bad news."

He braced himself

"Give it to me."

"I was wrong about the antidote... unfortunately it only acted as a band aid and brought about an unintended consequence." she said "We stopped their gems from reforming but the problem is their gems are the source of their life. If we let this go on... they might not make it for more than another year or so."

Anon's eyes widened and a deep chill ran down his spine.

"There must be something we can do. There has to be."

Twilight looked down

"I'm going to do some research and see what I can do. As far as I know this is the first time this has ever occurred. But I'll do whatever I can to fix it."

"What happens if we just allow the gems to grow back?"

"They'll live... but they won't be your little girls any longer. Their sirens will take over once again and they will be back to trying to destroy the world like before.

Anon stared at the floor. He couldn't believe it. It was like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

"Don't lose hope just yet Anon. I'm going to do some research. See if there is any sort of magic that can help us. We'll find a way."

"Thank you Twilight. I owe my life to you."

"Don't mention it. It's my job."

Twilight took her leave and Anon felt sick to his stomach. Was all of this for nothing? Was life just about to dangle this fruit in front of him all just to pull it away right before he had it? His daughters, who he had spent the last year loving and nurturing where now facing an unavoidable death or the fate of being corrupted again. He was so stunned he couldn't even cry.

To his surprise, in only about fifteen minutes, there was another knock on the door. It didn't even take five seconds for the door to burst open. Sunset and the rest of the girls had showed up.

"We came as soon as we heard." Sunset said

Sunny took a place by Anon's side, along with Rarity

"Do you need to cry?" Rarity asked

He just shook his head. Surprisingly he just felt completely hollow. Both of the girls seemed pretty powerless. They had no idea how to help him right now. Until Aria came up.

"Dad." Aria said

"Yes?"

"I have an idea."

"What is it?"

"Well... why not let us transform?"

"We can't... if we do the sirens will take control again."

"Think about it." she said, starting to pace "Twilight's friendship magic reverted us to this state before right? What's a stronger magic than friendship? Love."

"But I can't preform any magical spells, much less with love. Not to mention even if I could your siren self may just evolve to become immune to it and take over the next time."

Anon clenched his teeth

"No matter what happens we lose."

"Aye. But here's the catch: I thought it through a bit. How much would you say you love me?"

"I love you more than the concept of love itself."

"Right. I'm sure you can think of plenty of things you love about me right?"

"Where are you going with this?"

"It's simple: If you focus on what attribute you love about me or my sisters, then eve if the beast inside us becomes immune, you will still have more things to beat it with. And since you love us more than the concept of love itself, then you have a near infinite source of love magic to draw upon."

Leave it to his little girl to think of something so perfect.

"When Twilight gets back we'll run it by her."

"Excellent. I'll go tell the other two."

Sunset looks at you

"She's pretty wise for her age. I think, combined with Twilight's magical expertise, she might just have a plan."

"I hope you're right Sunset."

Rarity smiles

"We can get through this. Together."

Anon stiffens his upper lip and stands tall. She was right. No matter what happened, he wasn't alone in this. So long as he had his family and friends, he could do anything.

PreviousChapters Next