• Published 17th Dec 2016
  • 637 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 2 - Bahamut0



A new threat rises after the defeat of Chrysalis and Sombra, and the rangers are called into action again!

  • ...
3
 159
 637

Episode 10: Revealed

Tirek was fed-up. Monster after monster had been sent to destroy the rangers, and yet it was the monsters themselves who were eliminated time and again. The only one who had been able to even remotely hold their ground was Starlight. And it was upon this realization that Tirek had an idea. Using his communicator, he contacted Starlight. She had lost her last one, so Tirek created a new one.

"Yes Lord Tirek?", Starlight answered. "How can I be of service?"

"I'm tired of leaving incompetent monsters to do destroy the Duelist Rangers. Not when I have an individual who proved much more capable. This time, I'm sending you in Starlight. You underestimated them last time. Surely you're ready now?"

"It would be my honor Lord Tirek." Starlight then hung up and soon bumped into Shadow! "Oh! Hi Shadow! Come to ask me out again?"

"You know it. How about later on tonight? It is Friday after all." Starlight smiled.

"I'd love to. It's a promise. I just have to take care of a small business matter after school today."

"Nice! I'll be waiting for you. It's a promise!" The two of them went their separate ways and went about their day. As soon as the school day ended, Starlight dawned her mask and apprentice outfit and began her attack on the city! Pegasus pulled the attack up on the monitor and immediately contacted the rangers! The rangers morphed and teleported to Starlight's location!

"Well, well. Look who's back for round two?", Inferno joked. "Didn't we send you packing last time?" Starlight smirked at his remark.

"I wasn't ready last time. Now I know just what you're all capable of." Starlight then got into a fighting stance. The rangers then summoned their own weapons and the two opposing forces charged and locked weapons! "Eleven against one? Sounds fair to me!" Starlight forced the rangers back with a blast of magic! Burst and Inferno powered up to their absolute forms and executed powerful slashes that broke Starlight's staff!

"Let's see how well you fight without that!", Burst said proudly as he and Inferno summoned their blasters and unloaded a storm of bolts at Starlight! Starlight summoned a barrier that blocked most of the shots, but a good number made it through!

"The staff was just a tool to channel my magic. Now I can really let it loose!" Starlight fired twin beams of magic that knocked Burst and Inferno back, but the two of them recovered! "What?! That blast should have sent you two reeling!"

"These forms are called absolute for a reason.", Inferno quipped. "We're not going down that easy!" Starlight was about to reply when she took a full power shot from Rainbow Dash's spectrum cannon!

"I bet you're tasting the rainbow now!", Rainbow boasted! Starlight was about to get up, but was sent flying from Steel's blade beam! The attack was made stronger since Steel had activated his Super Soldier mode!

"Don't let up guys! Give it all you got!" The rangers nodded and came at Starlight with all they had! Gold unleashed a blast of plasma from his blaster while Ice sent out an energy slash from his gigantic sword! Both hit Starlight with great force! Ace had powered up into his Knight of Destiny mode and caught Starlight off-guard with a blast from the Rocket Hermos Cannon and a gust from his suit's wings! Ace then froze Starlight in place with a seal while Sunset and Rarity executed their signature attacks! Celestia and Nightmare followed up the assault with their signature move! The Eclipse Slash! Starlight was taking a heavy beating! She was almost half-tempted to retreat. Then she remembered Shadow's promise to her.

'I won't let him down! I WILL beat them, and I will be with him!' "Rraaagh!" Starlight screamed as she unleashed her most powerful blast of magic yet! The rangers were knocked to the ground from just the sheer force of it! The combination of the damage she had sustained and the force of her attack broke Starlight's mask! Exhausted from putting so much into her attack, Starlight fell to her knees and panted. With the rangers, Shadow was just barely getting back up. The force of the attack had destroyed most of the rangers' helmets, and Shadow only had half of his helmet left.

'I'm not gonna go down like this! I'm not gonna make Starlight wait for me!' Shadow got to his feet, raised his spear, and let out a fierce battle cry! "Aaaaaaggghhh!" Starlight noticed this and began to charge up an lethal spell as she rose and ran to meet him! But once the two of them were within striking distance, they came to a full stop. They saw themselves without their masks. Without their helmets. And they were petrified with dread at what they had almost done! "No...", Shadow whispered. The point of his spear was about a foot away from Starlight. "This can't be real....Starlight? You're working with Tirek?!" Starlight was equally shocked to discover Shadow's secret.

"Shadow...you're...you're a ranger?!" The two of them cancelled their spell and weapons respectively. Shadow was about to ask Starlight a question when she teleported away!

"No! Wait!" But Starlight was already gone. Shadow then turned to the other rangers. "Any of you...did any of you know?" Burst slowly nodded.

"We thought you could change her mind. Make her realize what she was doing was wrong." Shadow had a sad smile as his eyes started to tear up.

"I wish I had..." Meanwhile, Starlight was off in a secluded area. When she was all alone, she fell to her knees and began to cry. Reflecting on what might have happened if she had carried out her last attack, and discovering Shadow's secret. She relayed a message to Tirek that she had failed, but had managed to end the battle in a draw. After she hung up, she continued to weep. Unsure of what to do next.