• Published 17th Dec 2016
  • 637 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 2 - Bahamut0



A new threat rises after the defeat of Chrysalis and Sombra, and the rangers are called into action again!

  • ...
3
 159
 637

Episode 18: Chasing Starlight

Shadow woke up and found himself in what looked like space. There were stars and galaxies everywhere he looked. But there was one thing that stood out to him. A lone figure, one who held a large place in his heart. "Starlight!" Shadow made a mad dash for Starlight! Running as fast as he could towards her! But the more he ran, the farther away she slipped. "What's going on?!" Soon there was a flash of golden light, and a monster branded with the number 100 descended. "You...are you the one who's keeping me from her?! Answer me!"

"First you must answer my question. Why do you seek her?", Numeron Dragon asked.

"It doesn't matter! Why do you care?!" Shadow then morphed and wiped out Numeron Dragon with one slash of his spear, and chased after Starlight again. However, Starlight kept getting farther away and Numeron Dragon materialized again. "What? I just got rid of you!"

"You didn't answer my question.", Numeron said calmly.

"Fine! I love her! Are you happy?!"

"Is it really that simple? After you both found out her secret? How the two of you were so close to destroying each other?"

Shadow paused and reflected for a moment. "No. It really isn't that simple."

"Then maybe you can explain.", Numeron said with a serene smile. Shadow nodded.

"When I first met her, I was just captivated by her. She always seemed to have things handled. And she also had that cute smile. And then...I found out her secret. During that fight all that was driving me was the thought of seeing Starlight again and being with her. But when I went in for that final attack, I saw her face. And she saw mine. Both of us were so close to destroying each other just to see each other, and we didn't even know we were about to hurt each other. Both of us walked away with wounded hearts after that." Shadow then smiled. "But I guess you could say, things ended happily. Starlight chose to be with me and break away from Tirek. And she even got her family back. I feel complete with her. Like she's the missing piece of my heart." Shadow then heard Numeron clapping for him.

"Congratulations Shadow. You've passed your trial. Knowing why you love someone is more important than blindly chasing them. And as a reward, I give you this." Shadow's left arm glowed in golden light as he was transformed into his eternity mode and found a golden arm cannon. "The Numeron Cannon. Use it well Shadow." Numeron Dragon vanished in a flash of light, and a portal opened up with Ace, Inferno, Ice, and Gold coming through.

"Looks like we got here just in time to see the loot you pulled.", Ice said with a chuckle. "Sweet cannon bro. Care to test it out?"

"I'll save a shot for Tirek.", Shadow said with a smile under his helmet. The next portal then opened up. "Let's go guys!"