• Published 17th Dec 2016
  • 637 Views, 159 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 2 - Bahamut0



A new threat rises after the defeat of Chrysalis and Sombra, and the rangers are called into action again!

  • ...
3
 159
 637

Episode 25: Maximum Burst

The rangers had arrived at the next zone, a temple that seemed dedicated to the Blue Eyes White Dragon, and saw Burst lying unconscious on the floor! "Huh. For once we all get to watch the action. Let's see if we can wake him up to start whatever trial he has to face.", Inferno said with a shrug. But as he stepped towards Burst, something blocked his way! "What the heck?" Inferno then felt around and his hands seemed to hit against an invisible barrier. "Great. The final trial and we can't even pitch in!"

"We can still wake Burst up by banging on the barrier at least.", Steel said with a shrug as he and Inferno banged on the barrier! And as expected, the noise woke Burst from his slumber. Burst woke up and groaned as he stretched.

"Man that was uncomfortable!", Burst groaned as he got to his feet. "Oh hey guys. Did you level up while I was in sleep mode?"

"I appreciate the video game jokes Burst, but I'm pretty sure you've got better things to do.", Inferno said with a chuckle.

"And that would be?"

"Each of us got a sweet upgrade or weapon by clearing a trial specific to each of us and a specific monster we had to face.. You're the only one left."

"That's nice. So who am I up against?" A huge shadow loomed over Burst, and he turned around to meet what had eclipsed him. It was one of the most powerful forms of Blue Eyes White Dragon. Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon.

"That would be me.", Chaos MAX replied. "There is a new weapon waiting for you in this temple. However, there is only one way to obtain it. You must slay me." Burst froze when he heard Chaos MAX's words.

"...Come again?"

"You will only be worthy of the weapon when you have bested me in battle. Only then will you be able to claim it. Now...defend yourself!" A sword soon materialized in Burst's hands, and Chaos MAX lunged at him! Burst rolled out of the way barely dodging Chaos MAX's claws! "Hmph. Like a coward you avoid this battle. Face me!" Chaos MAX then prepared to slash at Burst with his claws!

"I won't fight you!", Burst cried as he raised his sword and blocked Chaos MAX's claws!

"Because you know you can't win?!" Chaos MAX then fired his breath attack! Burst leapt to the side just in time! "Or are you just afraid? I don't know why one of our lineage ever decided to bond with you!" Burst was still for a moment as he gathered his mind, and broke then silence as his gaze hardened.

"I'm not dodging your attacks because I'm afraid. I know I can't beat you in raw power. The fact is, I don't want to fight at all."

"And why is that?", Chaos MAX asked.

"Easy. I don't want whatever weapon you've got tucked away. Especially if it means I have to destroy someone just to get it. I'm happy just being a ranger. The upgrades were just bonuses.", Burst said with a smile. Everyone was silent as Chaos MAX leaned down to Burst's level. Chaos MAX then let out a booming laugh!

"HAHAHAHAHA! Well done Burst! Well done! You've passed the last trial!"

"Sweet! So how did I pass anyway?"

"You were willing to put the welfare of others before yourself. One of the creeds of the Blue Eyes is to use our power to protect others."

"With great power comes great responsibility. Right?", Burst asked. Chaos MAX nodded.

"Yup. And here's a little something for passing your trial. I think you'll like it.", Chaos MAX said with a grin. In a flash of light, Burst stood in his absolute ranger form. But when he looked at his left arm, he found a new arm cannon in place of the standard armor as well as the Neutron Blaster from his Blue Eyes Ultimate form mounted on his shoulders. "The Chaos MAX Cannon. Use it well." Chaos MAX then faded away and a new portal opened leading to Tirek's lair.

"Let's finish this.", Burst said as he and the rangers stepped through the portal.