• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 3,102 Views, 45 Comments

The Siren's Keeper - Gamer Script



We all know about the sirens and the trouble the caused for the human world but where'd they go after their defeat?

  • ...
7
 45
 3,102

A Place To Reconcile

Adagio stared dumbfounded at the back of her sudden savior of whom her arms stretched out in front of their rainbow attacker with a steady sigh of relief coming from her. She looked ahead at Dash and slowly brought her arms together as if acting as a parent waiting for an explanation. Rainbow Dash, hovering a foot away with her fist inches from Sunset's chest as she stared in confusion at her, pulling it back and staring at her, "Wha-- Sunset!? What're you doing?! That's Adagio Dazzle, she's trying to--"

"Do what, Dash? Go shopping? Oh wow, what a crime against humanity." She said in an irritated tone as she looked back at the two, "Are you alright, Adagi-- Whoa!" She shouted as she looked down at the two seeing Adagio clutching Code's hand to his stomach, his breathing becoming a bit more labored and strained as a red spot slowly began growing as Sunset's eyes widened and grew fierce turning to Rainbow Dash, "What did you do!?"

"Whattya mean!? I didn't hit him that hard!"
"Rainbow, that hit would've broken my ribs if you didn't stop!"
"Well, I did! So, you're welcome!"
"Dammit Rainbow, that isn't the point!" She shouted before clutching her wrist as their eyes began to glow, Adagio looking on in confusion and shock as she tried to bunch up his shirt and keep the bleeding to a minimum. Once it ended, Sunset sighed, "We'll talk about this later--"

"Sunset, is everything alrigh-- Oh my gosh!" Said a softer, startled voice as Fluttershy and Twilight came running from the shopping center over to the commotion, "What happened? Rainbow Dash ran off suddenly to find a ham and then--"
"Code?" Twilight said in surprise looking past Sunset as Fluttershy did the same, a scared gasp escaping her as they began to make their way around only to have Rainbow Dash move in the way, "Wha-- Rainbow Dash, those two need help!"

"No, she needs to be put away!" She shouted pointing back towards Adagio, "She's dangerous! She's a monster!" she shouted as Adagio hugged Code tight in fear.

"Rainbow Dash, what are you talking about?! She looks terrified and he's bleeding out!" Twilight said as her hands began to glow, Rainbow Dash taking on a similar shimmer as she lifted her up above everyone else. As she was lifted out of Twilight's path, Rainbow Dash struggled against the invisible hold as they ran past her. The moment they were past, Twilight released Rainbow who stumbled for a moment from the momentum she'd built up before crossing her arms defiantly.

Twilight knelt down to Adagio and Code as she began to reach towards him before Adagio got in her way, "You stay away from him!" She shouted threateningly as she bared her teeth with her arms outstretched, "You will not touch Code, do you understand me, Sparkle!?" She growled before stopping to look her over. Seeing the glasses on her face, the way she dressed and carried herself and how much she differed from their prior meeting. "You... You're not Sparkle, are you?" She said as her eyes stayed hardened, but were no longer holding hatred.

"The other Twilight everyone tells me about? No. I'm Twilight Sparkle but to keep confusion down to a minimal level, pinkie designated me the nickname 'Sci-Twi'. I suppose because of my scientific studies and the differentiation makes people more at ease about my appearance in the other Twilight's place." She explained as Adagio blinked and slowly shifted her eyes towards Sunset who held a nervous smile and shrugged before slowly shifting her eyes back to Sci-Twi.

"Riiight... Regardless of who you are or claim to be," she started as she turned and saw the blood beginning to slow, "I need to get Code medical help. So if you truly wish to do so, I suggest you--"
"We need to make sure the bleeding has completely subsided before moving him. If we don't, then the wound will continue to discharge." Twilight interrupted as she moved to Adagio's side and looked it over, seeing the gash, "It's not anything serious, but if unchecked it could become a major problem. Hold him steady, I think I've got something." She ordered as she went fishing around in her backpack, Adagio doing as she said with confusion as to what was going on.

Turning back, Twilight was now holding a needle and thin thread, looping it through with a bit of annoyance as she looked at her, "This will hurt. A lot. So... Try not to let him thrash or anything, okay?" She said nervously as she took a breath and began stitching the wound, Code's eyes opening as he shouted out in pain.


"How did you do that!?" Aria shouted as she ran alongside Sonata who skipped along at a quick pace.
"Do what?"
"Don't you 'do what?' me! You were fighting like one of those action stars except you were actually connecting and not shit at it! How the hell did you do that!?" she shouted in confused irritation.

Sonata thought for a moment as they turned a corner, stopping with a hand on her chin as she looked up to the sky, "Well... I learned it from watching Cody, I guess?"
"Code taught you how to fight like that? When? He's only ever on his computer or playing videogames or something usually! Plus, if he was any good at defending himself like that, he wouldn't have that--" she stopped short as she realized what she was about to say, turning to look at Sonata who glared at her, "... Nevermind. But seriously, when did he teach you that?!"

"He didn't, the people in those games did!" She said as she continued on her way, leaving Aria even more confused than before as they were coming closer to the intersection to the shops. Before Aria could ask another question or Sonata could give another confusing answer, the two heard a man's scream and both turned their attention towards it, "Wait, was that...?"
"Code!" Aria shouted as she grabbed Sonata's wrist and broke into an all-out sprint towards the parking lot. Upon arrival they saw Adagio holding Code down and apologizing as Sci-Twi stitched his wound to the best of her ability, other members of the Rainbooms standing around them.

Aria, misreading the situation, reached for her knife only to find nothing. A grimace stretched across her face as she charged forward, "Hey, you get off of him right now!" She shouted as Sonata ran after her.

As the rest turned to look at them, Rainbow Dash glared and cracked her knuckles, "You want some?" She shouted as she started flying again, leaving Aria surprised but unwavering as she kept running, Rainbow Dash taking it as confirmation as she shot forward at them only to be grabbed by the ankle by Sunset and pulled back in a swift movement.

Once again, Aria was confused as she took the opportunity to gain more ground towards them, her teeth gritted before Adagio held a hand out, "Aria, stop! She's..." She looked back towards Twilight who was still tentatively working on the stitching before turning back, "Trying to help!" She finished as she moved her hand back to Code, holding him to keep his thrashing minimal though he seemed to slowly be calming down.

Aria, hearing Adagio's statement, slowed to a walk before stopping next to them as she knelt down and saw the busted stitches. She clenched her teeth and looked to Adagio, "Who did it?" She growled as she stood back up and looked among them, "Which one of you did this!?" She shouted louder as a small group of passersby seemed to start accumulating nearby, one of them with a phone to their ear, possibly calling the police.

Seeming like no one was going to answer, Sunset sighed and spoke, "I can answer that."
"So it was you, Shimmer?!"
"No! I ran over here to stop Rainbow Dash!" She explained pointing to the girl who was now being calmed by Fluttershy, "I don't know the whole story, but she's the reason your friend here is bleeding."

"So it was you!" Aria shouted glaring at her as Rainbow looked at her and scoffed, only making Aria's blood boil more, "Hey, I'm talking to y--" she was stopped as Sonata rushed past her and punched Rainbow directly in her jaw, making Fluttershy jump back in shock, the rest of the group gasping from the action while Aria just stood there with a surprised yet understanding gaze.

"Ow, what the he--" she was stopped as another punch was delivered, sending her on her back as she groaned and held her face. Sonata held a glare on her face with tears running down her cheeks as she moved closer to Dash. Before she could get too close, Sunset quickly grabbed her arm as their eyes began to glow.

As she saw Sonata's memories, she saw all the things that had happened since their defeat. All the sleepless nights wandering and getting nowhere, the arguing, the crying, the terror. All leading up to Code picking them up that night. From then on she could feel and see the warmth and compassion he showed and gave to Sonata, all the time he would spend with her, bandaging her up, giving her food and shelter and care.

She suddenly was pulled away from Sonata by Aria as she kept her wrist held while Sonata shook her head confusedly, "What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Aria shouted in a rage before she noticed that Sunset was crying, steady tears gliding down her face as she looked between the three girls, "Hey, what's your problem?" She barked as Sunset's hand went limp in her grasp.

"I... Didn't know..." Sunset whispered, averting her eyes from Aria, "You guys have been through a lot, huh?" She said a bit louder, catching Aria off guard as Sonata paused and looked back to her.

"How did you..."
"Sunset...?" Fluttershy said curiously as she was helping Rainbow up, the sound of a few more footsteps coming as Rarity came running from the same direction as Sonata and Aria had, Pinkie Pie and a snow covered Applejack following behind.

"What in tarnation is goin' on around here?" Applejack said in confusion seeing the dazzlings, Rainbow with a hefty bruise on her right cheek, the bleeding man on the ground, Sunset crying, the group of people idling around. It was certainly a mess to be sure.

"Done!" Twilight said as she snapped the last stitch and tied it up, her hands covered in blood as she reached to her bag and was given a cloth to wipe them clean with before looking around and seeing the situation, "Um... Did I miss something?"


The Dazzlings sat out in the waiting room of the hospital, each trying to keep their minds off of what had occurred. Aria messed with her nails, cleaning them with a kit that Code had gotten her even though it came with a sharpened nail filer. Sonata hugged her knees to her chest with her head hung low, her face hidden between her knees. Meanwhile, Adagio simply stared at the ground, the rush of the incident beforehand replaying in her head. Including how they'd wound up here.


"Firstly and foremost, Rainbow, you can't just go chasing random people through shopping centers like that on a whim! I don't care what she's done, you injured an innocent civilian through your actions and that alone should get you put away!" Stated a policewoman with a similar skin tone to Dash, but her hair was shorter and a mix of more autumn colors, her eyes a similar shade of magenta as she lectured Rainbow Dash on her behavior.

The police had indeed been called as well as the paramedics, turning out to be the same ones that had been called to Code's apartment. Before they could even ask the problem, Fluttershy and Sunset pulled them over to Code. He nodded quickly, needing no more explanation due to the scene being somewhat understandable as they came and put him into the back of the ambulance. Without so much as a word to the Rainbooms, Adagio and Sonata went to follow him in only to be held back by a few policemen who needed their testimonies on the incident. No matter how much Sonata pleaded or Adagio begged, the officers didn't back down. Soon enough, Code and the ambulance that he was placed in the back of was gone in the bustle of holiday traffic, the cars moving aside to let them through as they vanished from sight. It took a little while longer, around an extra hour, but the police got their reports and left after Rainbow Dash was finally given her earful before they departed.

Adagio stayed by Sonata's side through it all as the usually cheerful siren sobbed openly, her own pained expression teetering on the edge of tears as she gently rocked with Sonata sitting at a nearby bench. Finally, the trio decided it was time to leave, but didn't want to leave Code's car. Soon as Adagio moved towards the driver's side of the car, she felt a hand on her shoulder which forced her to turn around. Standing there was Sunset, a sad smile on her face as she turned to the rest of her friends and said, "Hey guys, you go ahead and get home. I'll see you all later." Upon her declaration, the group of girls looked confused and concerned before Twilight nodded to them and they all went their separate ways.

"You didn't need to do that... We would have managed..."
"I don't think you would've, no offense." Sunset retorted as she moved to the driver's seat, "I'll get you guys back to your place. What do you want to do with the truck?" She said once she'd gotten into the seat.

Adagio was astonished and a tad bit annoyed as she looked to the ground and then back towards Aria and Sonata, "I..." She wandered before Sonata bawled out.
"I wanna see Cody!" She cried as she fell to her knees like a child having a tantrum.

"Well," Adagio turned to Sunset, "You heard her."
Sunset nodded as she started up the truck and nudged her head to the side, "Then let's go."


Adagio gazed half-heartedly at the floor, counting the points of marble and their spacing between one another as footsteps approached her. Looking slowly up she saw Sunset with a few drinks in her hands as she held a bottle of water out to her, trying her best to give a reassuring smile. She took it and sighed as Sunset then placed a juice box next to Sonata and a soda to Aria who violently swiped it and went back to what she'd been doing. She then went and sat beside Adagio, watching her further gaze down at the ground as she decided to speak up, "I'm sure he's fine, Adagio... He seems tough." She said in an effort to reassure her and hopefully the others, finding their silence awkward.

Adagio didn't stop staring at the ground as she said, "I hope so... He may be tough, but he is still just a human... And what that Rainbow Dash did..." She clenched her teeth with a sudden look of rage as her fists clenched, her light cream colored knuckles turning white before Sunset placed a hand on top of hers. She gasped as she seemed to snap back from her thoughts and slowly turned once more to Sunset, "What..."
"You three... You really care about him that much, huh?"

Adagio's face reddened as she peered back towards the ground before looking towards the other two, Aria went to respond before Sonata spoke up next, "I love Cody..." She said as she turned to release her face from her knees, "He's been taking such good care of us... Of me... He doesn't insult me or think I'm stupid or curse at me... He treats me so nicely..." She said as her own face became reddish-purple given her baby blue skin tone, "He's amazing... And I love him..." She said with a sad, teary eyed smile.

"Love him? Ugh, Sonata, he's... Alright. At best. He's not a complete and utter creep like I'd thought but... He's an okay guy." Aria admitted though her face was tinted a light dusting of red as well, going against her tone as she rubbed her arm and snatched a cup of coffee from the tray Sunset was holding as the fire-haired teen sat by Adagio with her own hot cup in hand.

"Right... You guys still have a good while of history with him. I... Guess you could say I saw it. Sonata's memories of him are strong, and he's done a lot for her and the rest of you from what I can gather. Especially after..." She looked down with a ting of guilt and sighed, "Especially after what we did to you." She said looking to Adagio, "We never meant to do that to you. Take away your gift. We just... We wanted to protect our friends. And each other. We were just--"

"I know." Adagio said softly as she took a breath and leaned back, "I know all too well, Sunset Shimmer, what was at stake for you. But where you came of your own accord, we were tossed out from our home. We had to do what we could to survive. Any other day I'd wish to destroy you, but at the moment, all that matters to me is Code. His life, his safety... That's all that matters to any of us. Not you, not your friends, not our past." she said with a tone verging between seething rage and pained sadness.

Sunset looked at her with only further guilt as she nodded, "Got it... Sorry ." She said as she stayed quiet and they sat that way for a long while in pure silence before a doctor came out of the operating room, a sigh escaping as he saw the girls sitting there.

"Are you all here for a 'Scripted Code'?" He said knowingly as the four stood up, Sonata, Aria and Adagio rushing towards him.

"How's Cody?" Sonata cried in impatient concern, clutching her hands together tight.
"Is he gonna live?" Aria said with more irritation than concern, her tone dripping with annoyance.
"Will he be alright?" Adagio said with a hopeful tone.

"Please, all of you, calm down. He will be fine, I promise. His stitching that was done on the scene was actually quite well done, but the blow to his abdomen seemed to undo his original stitching as well as crack a rib or two, not to mention the bruising and cracked wrists, shoulder blade and a few other fractures about his body. From the X-ray it looked as if he was assaulted by a five pound weight at mach one speed." He said in confusion and concern, "Regardless, he'll have to stay here for upwards of a week or so, just to make sure that his stitching heals and his wounds don't worsen. Not to mention making sure the bones heal correctly."

"Did you say a fucking week or so?!" Aria shouted in anger and confusion as she went wide eyed as Sonata shook her head in shock.

"Would there be any way for us to stay with him during that time?" Adagio asked worriedly, "He's... Well, he's our caretaker, and we've been working very hard to--"
"I'm sorry, but I don't believe we'd be able to accommodate all four of you at once as well as assure his well-being with all of you there." he said with a sad tone.

"O-Oh, no! I'm not-- I don't live with them. I'm just the driver at the moment." Sunset protested as she put her hands in her jacket pockets, backing away lest Aria turn on her next.

"We spent all goddamn day setting shit up at home, and you're telling me it was for NOTHING!?" Aria roared as she went to charge the doctor before Sonata grabbed her around her waist, making Aria struggle and growl like a rabid animal.

"I'm sorry, truly I am. But to make sure he heals properly it's best he not move at the moment. You can come and visit him during the proper hours and, of course, stay over if you'd like. but only one of you at a time." He explained with a solemn look on his face as he sighed, "I do truly apologize." He said as he nodded to Sunset who nodded in thanks back to him as he moved swiftly past them, "He'll be moved to room D12 soon if you're that intent to see him now." He said in passing, which only gained a string of curses from Aria before the shouts died down to frustrated grumbles, Sonata still keeping her in place.

Adagio looked to the ground sadly, holding her arm tight as Sunset slowly reached over and placed a hand onto her shoulder which made Adagio tense before giving a shuddering sigh, "At least he'll be okay... That's what matters." She said as she turned and went towards the elevator, catching Sonata and Aria's eye as they rushed after her, Sunset watching them rush away.

'Are these really the girls that we defeated at the Battle of the Bands...?' She thought before rushing after them, knowing they were likely heading for Code's room, and since she was their ride for the time being.