• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 3,092 Views, 45 Comments

The Siren's Keeper - Gamer Script



We all know about the sirens and the trouble the caused for the human world but where'd they go after their defeat?

  • ...
7
 45
 3,092

A Place To Settle

"Yummy~!" Sonata cried out happily as she looked upon the steaming bowl of stew before her, the sight bringing her mouth to salivating.

"It does look pretty good." Adagio commented as she came over witha blanket wrapped around her, looking better than she had when they got there but still not quite fully well.

"What the heck is all this?" Aria said with disgust in her voice as she looked at the bowl like it had grown limbs.

"It's a recipe I was hoping to try. It's great for ailments and it tastes great... Or at least that's what Wave told me." He said with a nervous chuckle before clearing his throat, "Anyway, dinner's ready."

"Yay~!" Sonata cheered as she hopped into her seat, Aria sitting down beside her, her dubious look staying firmly in place.

Adagio came over and was greeted by Code pulling her chair out for her, which she was both flattered and a bit insulted by, "I could've done that myself..." She said a bit bothered by what notions were behind it.

"Right, sorry. I just didn't want your blanket to trip you up or something when you sat down, so I--"
Adagio chuckled at his explaining, "I didn't say I was against it, don't worry." She said steping over and sitting down as he scooted her back in, "Thank you."

Having gotten his confirmation of being helpful, he nodded and sat at her side. Seeing that the three still were simply looking at the bowls he chuckled, "What're you waiting for, girls? Dig in." He insisted as he gave them a proud smile.

Without being told twice, Sonata dove into the bowl and took a big spoonful into her mouth, freezing for a second as her eyes went wide. Before anyone knew it, a tear slowly fell from her eye.

"Sonata, you okay?!" Aria asked in shock before snarling and grabbing for her knife to find it was gone, remembering she had changed as she grabbed him from across the table, "Alright jerk, what was in that bowl?!" She growled.

"N-Nothing bad! Tortilla chips, peppers, beans, beef, cheese--"
"Wait... That sounds an awful lot like..."
"TACOS!" Sonata shouted excitedly as she began devouring the food faster, shoveling it gluttonously into her mouth without a second thought.

Aria gave a sigh of irritation as she released him, "Dammit, Sonata..." She groaned in annoyance as she sat back down and scooped up some of the taco stew as it were, "Can't be that good." She grumbled as she took it into her mouth, her eyes also shooting wide as she held the spoon in place for a moment. 'Sweet Sunlight... It's like I just ate a fireball! And it's crispy and weird... But it's so...' she thought as she slowly pulled the spoon from her lips and swallowed.

"You okay, Aria?" Code asked confusedly before seeing a blush grow on her face, "Oh crap, is it too spicy? I knew those extra chilli flakes were a bad idea!" He groaned worriedly as he got up and moved around to head towards the kitchen, "I'll get you some mil--"

"N-Nah." She said grabbing his shirt which quickly got his attention, making him look to her reddened face as she noticed what she did and quickly released him, "I-I mean... Nothing's too hot for me. Don't make me laugh." She said taking a bigger spoonful and eating it.

Seeing that she was alright he sighed and nodded, "Alright. You say so." He said before walking into the kitchen anyway, "But do you want anything to drink anyway?"

"Got any beer?" Aria asked before taking another spoon into her mouth.
"Ooh, a glass of red wine or perhaps Chardonnay?" Adagio requested taking a bite herself.
"Apple juice!" Sonata cheered before scooping into her empty bowl, "... And more food!"

Code blinked and sighed, "Uh... Two sodas and an Apple juice, got it." He said as he went through his fridge and poured a glass of apple juice and two of soda. The first was a deep purple and the second a lighter beige.

Collecting the glasses and picking them up in his palms he walked back to the table and placed down each drink before it's corresponding siren. Sonata hopped happily in her seat taking up the apple juice and taking a swift gulp while Aria and Adagio looked at their drinks perplexed.

"Uh... I said a beer, not a... What is this stuff?" Aria said looking at it like a scientist with a beaker.
"Seriously? It's grape soda. Have you really never seen it before?" he asked bewildered as he took a spoonful of his own creation into his mouth and gave a satisfied sigh at the taste, 'Came out perfect...'.

"And what is this in my glass? It certainly looks like champagne but smells..." Adagio began before taking a sniff and snapping back from the strong scent, "Like liquefied snapdragon root." she groaned in minor disgust.

"Uh... Never heard of that before but if that's what you call ginger then yeah, that's what it is. It's ginger ale, it's good for when you're sick. Settles your stomach and gets rid of all that nasty grossness in you." He said even further confused by the lack of things these girls seemed to know that would usually be common knowledge to normal humans.

"I see," Adagio said as she looked at the drink before her, taking it up into her hand as she gave a sigh, "Well... Then I suppose it's worth a shot." She said before giving it a sip, her eyes widening as she put the glass back down and swallowed it, coughing and holding her throat.

"Adagio, are you okay?!" he asked moving towards her before being kicked back into his seat by Aria who ran over to her.

"Adagio! Hey, what's wrong?! I swear, human if she's gonna get worse cause of one of your dumb remedies I'm gonna--" She stopped as the coughing soon turned into soft laughter, catching everyone's attention as Adagio rose her head up from her hunched over position to show her bright, smiling face, tears pricking her eyes. Aria turned to Code and glared daggers into him, "What the hell was that stuff? Some kind of weird drug or elixir or something?!"

"What? No, it's just ginger ale--"
"A-Aria, calm down," Adagio said through her giggles looking up to her sister, "I'm fine, truly. It was just a bit of a joke." She explained wiping a tear from her eye, "It's actually very good. I feel better already," she said as color seemed to return to her face almost fully.

"Wait, wha-- You were fucking with us?!" Aria said with a mighty rage in her eyes gripping tight to her shoulders as Adagio chuckled in amusement at her anger, "You freaking worried me, Adagio! Don't ever do that again!" she growled angrily as Adagio shot a look at her that she knew all too well, and this time it worked. Aria released her and went back to her seat next to Sonata, continuing to sport an irritated grimace as she ate.

"Ugh... That was a a little funny Adagio," Code said rubbing his back from the rough landing, Aria giving a growl and glare, "But," he continued on, "Aria's right. You really made us both worry. I thought I might've given you an allergic reaction or something."

"An allergic reaction? Um... What's that?" Sonata said swiping her spoon into the empty bowl, looking down at it and holding out her bowl once more.

Code chuckled and took the bowl from her, "Right, sorry Sonata," he said walking to the kitchen to give her bowl a refill, "Seriously? How up there were you girls before now?" he said as he walked back and gave Sonata her second bowl before leaning against the counter, "Allergic reactions happen whenever you touch, ingest or are near something you have an allergy to."

"Yeah, seriously Sonata." Aria commented with frustration.
"Well, sorry that I didn't know what an allergee is!" Sonata retorted.
"Allergy, not allergee you dunce!" Aria shouted back.
"That's what I said!" Sonata shouted back.
"Would both of you shut up?" Adagio said with a frustration to her tone as she took another bite, "I'm hungry and sick both physically and of your bickering."

"Ugh, whatever." Aria said standing and walking down the hall, "I'm goin' to bed." she said walking into the room they were in earlier for their shower and slamming it shut.

"Me too!" Sonata said huffily as she walked to the same room, shouting almost instantly occurring as the door slammed."

"... Maybe I should--"
"Don't worry, I'll handle it... As usual." She sighed standing from her seat and walking down before stopping and turning to him, "Oh, and... Thanks. For, well... Not abandoning us out there." she said as she pulled the blanket over her mouth and walked down the hall and into the room, "Alright you two, that's enough!" She shouted slamming the door behind her.

Code stood there silent, staring down the hall at where Adagio had been standing not moments ago before turning his head and looking down, a small smile crossing his lips, "No problem," he said as he began picking up their empty bowls, putting them in the dishwasher and putting away what was left of the taco stew. After finishing that, he went to his own room and sighed, leaning against the door his head leaned back in exhaustion before walking in.

Before him was his bedroom/office, a king size bed with black and teal sheets beneath the window facing the closet at the foot of the bed, a bedside table with an advanced coding book on top as well as an interesting tube-like object glowing around the middle and an opening with what looked like a lens at the top, a black desk in a little crevice of the room with a CPU glowing a bright teal with the tubes doing the same and three large monitors, a glowing keyboard and mouse conjoined to it with a leather swivel chair in front of it all.

He turned the chair lazily and sat down, giving a relaxed sigh as he turned in his seat and logged into his computer, all three of the screens popping up with something different, but all of them were lines of code. He turned his attention to the lines on the left with the title 'video game' at the top, "Hmmm... No, that'll put me to sleep." he said before turning to the right which said 'Future AI Program', "Nah, I should work on that one when I'm fully awake." he reasoned before turning finally to the middle screen that said 'Upgrade VI Program', "... That'll do."

With that, he began work on the code, typing and planning out the lines swiftly, his hands gliding across the keys like a composer directing a symphony, the tapping of the keys a wondrous sight to be sure, his glasses glowing from the screens, the reflection of the code gliding up his lenses. Just as he was getting into his zone he heard a knock at his bedroom door, shocking him from his dazed state as he looked back curiously, "Now who could that be...?" he said aloud as he walked up and opened the door.

Author's Note:

Alright, so this is a weird cliffhanger, but it's because I have a very, VERY ambitious idea for this. The next chapter will be up to you guys, and I will make a poll on this. Should there be a set story line OR should I make it a pick your own adventure style? Where you guys choose the girl you want to come to his bedroom door? I will write three different chapters pertaining to each of the sirens and then you all will choose whichever you like more. If that idea is the more popular of the two, I will put the links in these A/N for you to choose.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17230620 <==== The Poll