• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 3,076 Views, 45 Comments

The Siren's Keeper - Gamer Script



We all know about the sirens and the trouble the caused for the human world but where'd they go after their defeat?

  • ...
7
 45
 3,076

A Place To Understand

Code sat on his bed as he was treated by the paramedics, his top off so they could see the wound better as they stitched him up, "Thankfully it looked worse than it was. She didn't quite get to your stomach, just cut enough for it to bleed and look scary. You should be fine with a few stitches, bandaging and rest. Not to mention plenty of fluids." The woman said calmly yet with a stern tone as Adagio sighed in relief and Sonata smiled with her usual joyous attitude. Once they finished, they packed up their things and left, leaving the four tenants alone once again.

Code grabbed his shirt off from the side and went to put it on before being tackle hugged by Sonata who broke out crying almost immediately, "Cody is gonna be okay~!" She sang happily as she wept into his chest once again, Code gently petting her head as he gave a soft sigh while ignoring the pain from the hug attack.

"It would definitely appear that way, but be careful with him Sonata! We don't want his stitches breaking or something." Adagio said as she sat by his side and looked up at him, "You will be alright, right?" She said with a bit more worry in her tone as well as he wrapped an arm around and hugged her too, making her blush a bit as she leaned into him with a relaxed sigh.

"I'll be fine, don't worry. I may be a coder but that doesn't mean I'm not--"
"Why?" He was interrupted as the three looked up and over to Aria whose head was hung low, her bangs covering her eyes from sight, her arms crossed over her chest.

Code looked at her confusedly as he let the other two go, the two both looking at her with stern expressions as he spoke up, "What?"

"Why? Why didn't you let them take me away? Why did you protect me? I've told you over and over that I don't need your help and I don't want it so why in the name of Tartarus did you--"
"Because you needed it." He said calmly as she went silent, looking back at him with startled confusion in her widened eyes to meet his own eyes of which held no anger. No fear. No malice or distrust. They were gentle, soft and full of worry, but not for himself. For her.

"W-What?" She said, her voice angry and confused as she unwrapped her arms and came closer. Sonata and Adagio were about to get in her way, but Code placed his arms in front of them to keep them from doing so as she marched up, "You know who we are, what we are... What I am... Why would you wanna protect a monster?"

He looked down and lightly chuckled as he looked back at her with a smile, "Aria... I never once cared about what you all were or what you'd done... I just needed a minute for it to sink in properly. And now, I get it... And I don't care." He said sweetly as he bent over and groaned standing up, the two once again moving to help as he held his hand out, "I'm fine... Not gonna keel over or anything." He said as he moved closer to her and placed his hands on her shoulders, "Aria... You, Sonata and Adagio have made the last two weeks of my life amazing. It's almost hard to believe I've gotten to know you all so well in such a small amount of time... And that you'd open your hearts like that for someone like me so quickly..."

"You're our friend, Cody!" Sonata said hugging him tight on one side as Adagio placed a hand on his back on the other, both smiling up at him.

He chuckled and pet Sonata's head as he looked over to Adagio before turning back to Aria, "You all aren't monsters... Just girls that are misunderstood and were mistreated. Was what you all did bad? Yeah, no doubt about it. But you did it because that's all you've known. No one has even taken time to know you all for who you are."

He looked and pet Sonata's head, "Sweet, kind and full of surprises." He said as she giggled in approval.
He then turned to Adagio and held her hand, "Smart, cunning and sensitive, even if it's not the proudest of moments." He explained, Adagio blushing slightly but keeping her smile up as she looked up to him.

His eyes finally fell on Aria who looked back at him with hard, narrowed eyes, "Protective, cautious and misunderstood by those around you." He said as her eyes returned to their surprised state, as if he'd hit the needle on the head, "You want to be understood. To be known and treated fairly... You don't want to be alone." He said as she looked down and grimaced, growling as she clenched her fists, "Was I wro--"
"Stop it..." She shuddered out as a tear fell, the two looking at their sister in surprise as she rose her head up, "Stop... Making me feel your human emotions... Stop it... Whatever magic this is, I want it to stop!" She shouted as she backed up against the door and covered her face as she cried, Code reaching forward and bringing her into his embrace.

"I'm not, Aria... It's normal to cry. This is all you, I promise. It means you're guilty or remorseful, that you have a heart and can feel the pain of your emotions."

"I hate it... I want it to stop... I-I'm not remorseful. I'll stab you... I'll kill you, I'll... I..." She choked out, trying to sound tough as she openly wept in his arms, screaming into his chest as she wrapped her arms around him and gave in, "Just hug me, loser! And if you let go I'll murder you!" She shouts into his chest as he sighs and presses her face into his chest, shushing her gently as the other two watched in surprise, looking over at one another before wrapping their own arms around their sister and calmly shushing her as well.

As Aria wailed and screamed into their group hug, for the first time since they were banished to this world of odd beings, machines and devoid of any true magic, she felt something she had long since given up on centuries ago...

Understood.

Author's Note:

Chapter Numero Nueve: A Place to Understand. I've been wanting to write this one for a while but couldn't get past chapter eight due to personal problems and my own perfectionism. But I figured it'd never be perfect if I kept rewriting so I decided to say "screw it" and write what I felt. I hope you guys enjoyed the double upload today! I might come up with a third if I feel it but until then, see you later gamers!

🎮 Gamer Script, Logging Off (For Now)! 🎮