• Published 20th Jul 2018
  • 3,087 Views, 45 Comments

The Siren's Keeper - Gamer Script



We all know about the sirens and the trouble the caused for the human world but where'd they go after their defeat?

  • ...
7
 45
 3,087

A Place to Prepare

It was a bright, sunny day in the city as the cool chill of the crisp autumn breeze, gradually changing to winter's breath brushed against Code's face as he stepped out of the apartment building, waving back to Tide Turner who lazed around at the front desk on his phone. As he walked to his truck, he stopped and turned to look up at the window he knew led to his current housemates, "Have a good day you three..." He said softly to himself as he got in and placed his backpack into the passengers side seat and drove away.


In said room, the sirens were all dressed in their pajamas and currently sharing a single bed, Aria on the left facing away from her sisters with her pigtails down and her hair straight and snoring as she was front down on the bed. Sonata was on the right spread out in one of Code's T-shirts again with half the covers over her drooling a bit as her hair was also down from it's usual high ponytail. Adagio lay between the two with her hair in a wrapping with an eye mask on, her hands cupped over her chest as she take slow, melodic breaths. Once they heard the front door close however, Adagio smiled and slowly eased her mask off, "It sounds like he's gone~"

Aria's eye opened as she looked at the door, "Sounds like it... Ready?"

"Ready. Sonata?" Adagio said looking over at the blue girl who continued to sleep peacefully, periodically saying things in her sleep. Adagio sighed as she gently rocked her, "Sonata, wake up." She said as she waved her away.

"Cody, five more minutes..." She said turning over into Adagio who rolled her eyes.

"Still kinda weird how infatuated she is with him." Aria commented as she stood out of bed in a pair of shorts and a bra as she went to grab her hair ties.

"I don't question it. Remember that stray dog she carried around for a week or two?" Adagio recalled as she looked over to Aria.

"Oh yeah... That thing was annoying." She growled as she headed into the bathroom and shut the door, the sound of running water coming soon after.

Adagio sighed and looked at Sonata before shoving her out of bed with a crash as she shot up, "Owwie! ... Five more minutes..." She said as she pulled the blanket down over her making Adagio groan in frustration.


Once the trio were dressed and ready, they walked out into the dining room area and found three covered plates set with each one's name on a folded name card. They had grown accustomed to Code making them breakfast before he would leave, so they sat and unveiled their dishes.

Sonata leaped into her seat excitedly as she popped the top off her plate and gasped in joyful surprise to be met with a stack of pancakes with bacon and eggs at the top forming a smiley face, a slice of butter acting as a nose with a little cup of syrup next to it. She squealed and giggled at the face as she bounced in her seat, "It's soooo cuuuute~!"

Aria and Adagio weren't all that surprised by her reaction since they all knew, Code included, that she loved cute food. With a chuckle, Adagio took her seat as well and unveiled two berry filled crepes and an egg white omelet with peppers, onions, sausage and swiss. She was more than amazed at the sight as she picked up her fork and cut a bit off the omelet before dropping it off in her mouth and giving a light moan of pleasure from the flavor, "He truly has outdone himself... It's even better than that hotel we stayed at before." She said before taking some of the crepe and gracefully guiding it to her lips for a taste.

Aria looked at the two a bit confused before sitting down by Adagio and pulling the lid off to be met with an omelet with sirracha and grilled jalapenos decorating the outside with, what looked like, shredded pepper jack cheese. Cutting into it she found it was filled also with more spicy peppers, cheese, hashbrowns and what seemed like bacon and sausage.

Her frown lightened a bit with a bright blush as she clenched her teeth, "That... Bastard..." She growled as the two others looked at her.
"Aria, he made us breakfast, what could possibly--" she stopped as Sonata broke out laughing hysterically. She looked at Sonata confused before looking closer and spotting a normal fork in one hand... And a plastic knife in the other.

Seeing this, she stared at it for a moment as Aria's blush deepened and scowl grew before the dam finally broke, Adagio breaking out into a roaring laughter as Aria growled and slammed the fake knife to the table as she stood up, "I'm getting a knife from the kitchen!" she shouted as she walked off towards the kitchen and to the knife drawer, going to open it up but only being met with a chain looped through the other drawers with a padlock tightly connecting them with a note saying 'To Aria, no knives. Code'. She stared in disbelief at this as she clenched her teeth tightly, leaned over and shot back up screaming at the top of her lungs, "You MOTHERFUCKER!!!"


Code sat quietly in a cafe in the city, typing away at his laptop with a bagel and a cup of hot chocolate as he went on with his coding with a calm smile on his face before he suddenly stopped, and looked up from his screen with a surprised look as he looked around, "... Aria?" he said in bewilderment, swearing he could hear the enraged siren's voice. He looked back at his screen and then at the hot chocolate in his hand before slowly putting it down and raising his hand, "Uh... Is there something new in this recipe?"


After finishing their meals and Aria finishing her raging tantrum, the three sirens exited the apartment building in their winter wear, snow lightly falling to the already coated ground, the soft crunch of the fluff beneath their feet as they looked around, "Alright, so what's the plan?" Aria said in frustration while Adagio looked at a piece of paper.

"Firstly it seems that we will need... The food for tonight." She said tapping the top.
"So... Why don't we just order it? We could just get some pizzas and maybe some tacos for Sonata. Easy." Aria said with a shrug before being hit over the head with the rolled up paper, making her growl and hold her head, "What the hell was that for?!" She growled out angrily.

"Code takes time from his day to cook us magnificent meals! The least we can do is return the favor by trying our hand at it for him!" Adagio said in disgust of the idea as she unrolled the paper, "And he even left us a spending card to use, so we should at least use it properly. Wouldn't you agree Sonata?" Adagio said awaiting the fellow ex-siren's agreement but getting nothing as she paused in her reading and turned to look over "Sonata?" She said once again before seeing Sonata on the ground waving her arms and legs around next to a couple of children before hopping up and giggling.

"Aria, Dagi, look! These little kids are making weird markings in the snow!" She said happily as the two walked over and saw what they assumed to be Sonata's sloppy attempt at a snow angel.

Aria blinked and her face twisted into an annoyed glare as she slammed her palm into her face, Adagio sighing softly and grabbing Sonata's wrist "Come along, Sonata. We have to get everything prepared for tonight." She said as Sonata huffed before waving goodbye to the children who sadly waved goodbye back before they continued to play in the snow, missing their new older friend.

"I was having fun..."
"No time, Sonata. We have to get the things on this list I printed out last night while Code was sleeping!" Adagio said in a hurried tone.
"How'd you do that?" Sonata said in surprise.
"Easy, really." She said as she thought back on last night.


Adagio knelt down by Code's door before noticing Sonata dazily walking out of their room and down the hall headed to Code's as she usually would late at night. Taking the chance, she knocked on the door and hid as Sonata was coming close, blinded by her half-open, barely awakened sight as Code opened the door, only to be walked into by the sleepy Siren as she snuggled in, "Cody... I wanna taco." She said softly as he then looked at a digital clock on his bedside table reading that it was three in the morning. He sighed and shrugged with a tired smile as he lifted her up and she happily wrapped her arms and legs around him like a child would their parent, carrying her off to the kitchen. It was then that Adagio slipped in and got everything she needed while he was taking care of Sonata before slipping out and back into their room, neither the siren or human any the wiser.


"Oooh... Those were really good tacos." She said happily rubbing her stomach, licking her lips dreamily.

"Ugh... Well whatever, what's on the list first Adagio?" Aria said semi-begrudgingly as she pocketed her hands.

"First: Decorations. Lights, wreaths, anything that we need for proper aesthetic for the holiday." She explained as she started walking, Sonata and Aria following along at her sides. The two looked around at the streets as they went along, no longer listening to Adagio's listing as Sonata gasped and nudged Aria's shoulder to which she glared and began tk respond before she was grabbed by her chin and her head was turned upwards to look at something off to the side, Aria looking to Sonata as they nodded in agreement. Aria smacked her hand away and the two slunk away from Adagio as she kept going, listing things off to no one.


Code groaned leaning back in the seat as he took a sip of a new cup of hot chocolate, giving a light sigh as he went back to typing away at his laptop, 'Wonder what the girls are up to... Maybe I should've stayed home today since this is kinda their, I guess, first proper Christmas...' he thought as he absentmindedly kept typing, his eyes staring off into space, 'Maybe put up decorations... Go shopping for groceries for tomorrow... Sit around and watching specials with snacks and cocoa...' as he went on a slow smile appeared on his face before he gasped and realized he'd been tapping away without thinking.

Looking back to his screen, he saw that instead of working on his project, the screen was full of the things he'd been listing in detail of how he believed each of the girls would respond. His face turned the lightest shade of pink as he quickly highlighted what he had typed and paused for a moment to read through it.


Meanwhile, Adagio had continued on down the road and made her way to the shopping center Code would take them normally, giving a sigh as she smiled, 'Huh, I guess this holiday truly is one of peace. Sonata and Aria have been so quiet, it's like they're not even--" she stopped as she turned to look back at the two sirens, only to find empty space behind her, '... There...' she finished as she turned back around before spinning around and calling out, "Where did they go!?"

She looked around frantically as people passed by a bit confused or even giving light chuckles, 'They were right next to me, how could they have just wandered off like that out of nowhere!? I'm sure Aria would've shouted or something if someone grabbed them and Sonata would never just leave in the middle of something for Code, so how--' she groaned as she fell to her knees and wracked her brains about how far back they vanished or where they could've gone.

She went on like this for a few minutes before giving a sigh, taking a breath as she rose to her feet, 'Remember, Adagio. They're still them and weirdly skilled at defending themselves. I am sure they'll be fine wherever they disappeared to...' she reasoned as she proceeded to look down at her wrist, a watch strapped around it, "Regardless, maybe they saw something they could use on the way here. Anyway, I'll just work on the rest." She decided to herself as she walked away and to the shops.


Adagio wandered the grocery store as she looked over her list pushing a basket around, "Okay, so first is... A ham. I believe I've seen those somewhere..." She said pushing her way around the store looking through the meats and finding hams that were nicely sized but none that really stuck out to her, "Hmmm... There must be one that would be enough for Sonata and Aria's hunger..." She said before spotting the butcher area and seeing the largest ham she'd seen so far, "Perfect." She said speed-walking over and raising her hand, "Excuse me, I need some Ham." She said calmly as the large man in a butcher's apron came over.

"Sure thing little lady! Howdy'a want it cut? Cubed, sliced?" He said with light enthusiasm.

"Oh no, nothing like that! I'd just like a large ham!" She said holding her hands out to make her point.

"Ah, I got'cha. But we got tons down the'e if ya' want one."

"Oh I know, but I'd like this one." She said as another hand also pointed to the ham on display.
"I need this ham!" Shouted a sudden voice by Adagio's side alerting both her and the butcher as by her side was the 'leader' she supposed of the Rainbooms herself, Rainbow Dash.


Back at the apartment, Sonata and Aria walked back outside stretching, "That was actually a pretty good idea, Sonata. Didn't think you had those." Aria said as she walked by the proud siren before she paused and huffed realizing the backhanded compliment.

"I do too have good ideas! But that was really tough wasn't it?" Sonata said with a light huff of exhaustion.

"Without a ladder or powers, yeah. It was annoying. It was a struggle for sure." Aria growled cracking her neck as she once again pocketed her hands.

"Yeah, especially since they kinda flailed all around the place and were really hard to keep still." She said with a light giggle, "Still, glad we could get them back home without too much--"
"What're y'all doin' here?" Called out an annoyed, defensive southern drawl as the two turned around to come face-to-face with Applejack and Pinkie, Applejack's eyes squinted in a distrusting glare.


Code sighed as he finished up a good portion of his work, closing and packing away his laptop. He strapped his bag to his back and walked out into the open air of the shopping center with a sigh as he started down the walkway, 'I should head back and check on the girls. I'm sure they're fine but... I should be there for their first Christmas Eve. It is kind of a big deal though I'm sure they might not think so... At least Aria won't anyway.' he thought with a light chuckle as he heard a commotion coming from his side.

He turned to take a look and was suddenly run into by someone, grabbing them to keep them from falling over as he looked down, "Whoa, what's-- Adagio?" He said looking down at the wide-eyed siren holding onto a large ham as he then looked up to see Rainbow Dash rushing out and at her.

"Gimme that thing, monster!" She shouted leaping up and shooting down at her, Adagio shouting in fear as Code leaped to the side with her, falling with her and the ham on top of him with a groan.

"Ugh... Rainbow Dash? The lead guitarist of the Rainbooms?" He groaned sitting up and looking down at Adagio, seeing her scared face as he slowly stood up and pulled her behind him, "What do you want with Adagio?"

"For her to buzz off and gimme that ham!" She shouted rushing at them as Code got in the way and blocked her from Adagio, groaning as she ran into his arms, Rainbow leaping back as she went wide-eyed, "What the-- Why're you protecting her?! Don't you know what she--"

"Yeah, I do... But I won't let you near her." He said groaning rubbing his arms which were likely bruised from the impact as he kept his arms up, "She's with me."


"Answer me, what're y'all doin' here an' who'dya kidnap?" Applejack said threateningly as she clenched her fists and rose them up to crack her knuckles as Pinkie hopped over with a bag of candy, munching away.
"Yeah, and where'd you get that scarf? It's really cute!" Pinkie said pointing to Sonata's neck as she smiled.

"I got it from--"
"None of your business! Now fuck off, we've got better things to do than fuck around with you two!" Aria spat out defensively as she glared at the two of them angrily, reaching back for her knife only to find it was gone, 'Fuck, I forgot the police took it!' she grimaced as she backed up a bit.

"Now there ain't no need fer' profanity! There're kids 'round here, don't need 'em pickin' up that kinda speakin'." She said angrily as she stepped forward, "Now answer me an' we won't be needin' no trouble!"

"Fuck you, hick!" Aria shouted in response as Applejack growled, "What? Y'gonna cry to your cousin or something?" She shouted seeing her clench her teeth, a smirk appearing on her face, "Man, no wonder your sister's such a loser, she has a crappy sister to learn it from!" She shouted as a final nail before Applejack stomped, the ground beneath her boot cracking as Aria's smirk faded to a shocked stare.

"Don't you talk bad 'bout mah' family!" She shouted as she dashed towards Aria, who tackled Sonata out of the way of a punch, the light pole they were standing next to being dented in half and ripped out of the ground by the force as it toppled over.

'Since the fuck could she do that!? Fuck fuck fuck! We can't go back to the apartment or else she'll find out about Code and we don't know where the fuck Adagio went...' she groaned as she thought about their dwindling possibilities, AJ shaking the light pain from her hand as she came up towards them, Pinkie grabbing her wrist and looking at her worried. She didn't pay her much mind, her mind set on the sirens before her as she pulled away from Pinkie Pie's hold.

Sonata slowly stood, her head hung low as Applejack came closer before she reeled her open hand back and sent a palm strike at her chest, making her move back a bit, more surprising the raging farmer than anything, "Get away... Leave!" She shouted angrily as she took a stance with her hands crossed over one another with her back arched slightly, a glare in her eyes.


Code and Rainbow Dash stared at one another for a while, neither one moving a muscle before she got into a track stance, 'Poor guy must still be brainwashed or something. Or did they get their powers back? Do they even need those things? Whatever, I'll have to knock the sense back into him I guess.' she thought as she smirked a bit, "Sorry, dude!" She said running at the two of them full speed, a rainbow blur as she dashed and zagged around. Code tried his best to keep her in his sight but to no avail as she seemed to appear out of seemingly nowhere, swinging to hit Adagio only for his arm to get in the way again, giving a groan of pain as he shoved her back, only for her to disappear into a flash again,"Make this easy on us both, man! Don't let her control you!"

"Control? What're you talking about?" He said in pure confusion and pain as she dashed forward and jumped up to kick her, Code once again blocking her with his hands this time before taking a hold the best he could and flinging her back into the store door, another pained groan escaping him as he began pushing Adagio, "Come on... We gotta go!" He said through gritted teeth as the two made a break for it, Rainbow Dash working her way out as she growled a bit.


"What are you doing, Sonata? Just cause you could put me on my ass once doesn't mean--"
"I can do it..."
"Sonata--"
"I. Can. Do it." She said as she kept a glare on Applejack as the cowgirl tipped her hat and rushed at them, her footsteps almost making the ground shake as she went to grab Sonata only for her to duck and strike her in the chin with a swift lateral spin leaving Sonata facing away before shoving her elbows backwards and into her abdomen which though it felt like elbowing lead, made her give way a bit as she held her stomach and stumbled back.

Sonata took a slow breath looking at Aria as she turned and took a new stance, her left leg far back as she stretched her arms, her upper-half tilted downwards as her hands were straight and flattened with her palms up in a stance Aria hadn't seen before. Who was this girl and what did she do with her dumbass of a sister?


Elsewhere, Adagio and Code ran through the shopping center in a frenzied retreat, coming up towards his truck as he looked back seeing the rainbow streak closing in quick, "Adagio, get in!" He shouted as she ran and opened the passenger side door to get in. She tossed in the ham and leaped into the car, but as Code went to do the same, he was charged from the side and redirected off to the side with great force.

He cried out as he felt his wound from Aria jolt with sharp pain as he doubled over and held it. Adagio's eyes widened as she jumped out of the car and ran to his side, kneeling down to put her arms around him, "Code? Code, are you alri--"
"Give it up, Adagio! You and your puppet are through!" She shouted as she got into a running stance again, her wings glowing as they formed on her back and darted at them.

Adagio's eyes widened as she clung to Code tightly and clenched her teeth, getting in front of him as she awaited the strike, 'I'm sorry, Code... I just wanted to do something nice for you... And now you're hurt... I'm so truly sorry...' she thought as she waited, Rainbow Dash's battlecry coming at them fast.


Aria and Pinkie watched as the two girls went at it. Sonata going on the defensive as she took different movements and stances to dodge the heavy strikes of Applejack, almost as if she was dancing around her. Aria couldn't believe her eyes and Pinkie stared as if watching a performance take place. Aria could see some sweat forming on Sonata's brow but Applejack didn't seem even winded as she kept flinging punches, each one carrying a good breeze.

Sonata, after parrying a punch away, went on the offensive. She curled her index and middle fingers and struck Applejack's shoulder, followed by her elbow, forearm and wrist of the arm she shoved away as it suddenly went limp, to everyone's surprise as she did so with such confusing speed and accuracy. Applejack growled and swung with her other arm as Sonata instead ducked it and struck the back of her knee, roundhouse sweeping the opposing leg as the powerhouse farmgirl flew over her crouched position from the momentum of her punch, having nothing to stabilize or stop her from moving forward as she crashed into a nearby pile of snow, groaning from the inside with an indent in her shape left behind.

Sonata took a deep breath as she rose and pulled her hands up to her chest before giving a stuttered exhale as she moved her hands downwards palms down. Aria stared in disbelief along with Pinkie Pie, both of which had mouths agape before Pinkie ran over to check on Applejack. Aria walked up to Sonata and took her arm, "How... Did you do that..." She asked in a surprised tone as Sonata turned to her and smiled goofily as usual, "I have no idea, but wasn't it cool?" She said while Aria once again went agape, "Anyway, let's go catch up with Dagi!" She said pulling her confused sibling along behind her, leaving Pinkie pulling out a dazed, shivering Applejack from her frozen tomb.


Adagio's eyes were clenched shut as she awaited the strike before realizing... 'Odd... Wasn't she faster than this?' she thought before opening an eye and looking up only to stare in shock before her, "You...?"

Before the two stood a girl in black boots with magenta lining, blue jeggings and a black snow jacket, her hair like that of the sun itself as it waved behind her, her arms outstretched as she glanced back and sighed, her aquamarine eyes full of relief as she smiled.

"You okay, Adagio?"

Author's Note:

Hello fans, friends, gamers and entertainers, my little ponies and everycreature else! Hope you enjoy this updated and somewhat revamped chapter 10. I will, if all goes well, write up Chapter 11 soon! I hope this new chapter brings a little light to your day and I hope you all stay safe and stay healthy!