• Published 19th Dec 2016
  • 220 Views, 0 Comments

A Bounty to Fight - NightSugar pone



underground criminal fights, sounds fun, right?

  • ...
 0
 220

chapter 17

It had taken hours to run to the gryphon Kingdom borders, but when the little cottage like house came into view it all became more worth it.

I made it out, we made it out, and now we'll get to spend some actual time together.
She leapt into the air with enough speed to kickstart her flight for the rest of the way, and windbreaker took to the air at her side, making her smile and jump towards him. Seconds after she had grabbed him he had tucked his wings in and they tumbled down a hillside in each other's arms, laughing all the way down until they had stopped.

“I haven’t had so much fun like this in a while, let alone with a guard who was just standing at my cell door a few hours ago,”
Star sat up on him with a wide smile as she fixed her mane as she looked over at the house, and her expression turned to one of concern and she turned her eyes back to the remnants of the busy city.

“Are you sure this is far enough away? I mean, won’t they be looking for me to hurt me and lock me up?”
He reached up and took her hooves into his talons, giving them a gentle squeeze to catch her attention again.

“I won’t let anything happen to you, I promise, and if anything happens I will do whatever I can to help you get back to your daughter. You are a good mother and I hope that I can be a good father for her,”
She nodded silently and he sat up to hug her, holding her close as she clung to him, showing weakness had never been her strong suit but with him, she felt like she could be weak. After a few minutes she let go of him and got off of him, and they both began to walk towards the building together. When they got inside the dusty interior had made Star's ears fold back in slight disgust, but Windbreaker just sauntered in like it was nothing.

“I guess you haven’t been in here for a while, the dust in here could choke a bear,”
As she stepped in past the threshold she lifted her cloak off the ground and took it off carefully, so that she wouldn't kick up any dust.

“Tell you what, when you head out to work tomorrow I’ll clean it up for you, if I’m I’m going to stay here with you I might as well help you out with all this,”
And as she hung her cloak up and pulled off the suit, he smiled at her, knowing that he couldn't be more happy with the suggestion.