• Published 19th Dec 2016
  • 218 Views, 0 Comments

A Bounty to Fight - NightSugar pone



underground criminal fights, sounds fun, right?

  • ...
 0
 218

chapter 1

After the last attack that Star was a part of she was forced to submit to the law, and was currently being held in a cell meant for extremely dangerous criminals. She knew that deep down she deserved to be there, but it still felt wrong for her to be muzzled and chained to the wall behind her. For the fourth time today a gryphon had walked in, but he didn't have armour and a food tray like the rest did, and she sat up quickly.


“Well, miss fall, I believe we have some business to discuss,”
The gryphon spoke, his voice was demanding and dominant but she wasn't known to submit easily. So instead, she lifted her head high from where she was sat and glared at him.

“You see, oh well, I don't think we can talk about much like this. You are Star fall right?”
She nodded, keeping her movements as militant and as mechanical as she could.
He grinned and looked back at the guards that stood by the door of her cell, and with a nod they came in and unlocked her chains and pulled off her muzzle.

“there, can we speak now?”


“I don't feel the need to talk to a gryphon that seems to dabble in criminal affairs, what do you even want with me?”
Star shot back while getting to her hooves and snarling at one the guards who dared to point a spear at her.


“You’re feisty, that's good, and I promise I'll explain everything on the way,”
He said, and he just began to walk out as the guards beside her pushed her to follow him.


****


He talked about her current situation the whole way there, and with little chatter from Star he confirmed her understanding of the dangerous situation she was now in.


“So you see, I need fresh and strong new fighters and you just happen to be one of those ponies. And don't worry about being set free, after you serve your time here you'll earn every last bit of your freedom,”
He stepped out of the cart they were in, and just as he reached for her hoof she glided out on her wings.


“I'm hearing a lot about you needing me, but what's in it for me?”
She said, it nearly took all her determination to stay put.
She had none of her weapons on her, and very little energy due to the less than satisfying prison food she was offered.
It wouldn't be too bad to play along until she got them back, she could always dart off after they were in her hooves again.


“You'll earn a sum of the bits for every fight you win, think of that as added incentive to stay in the game,”
Star flicked her tail, it sounded like she might have enough bits to run away with if she won all her fights.
So she agreed to it and was soon lead to a building that took them to the underground of the city.