• Published 19th Dec 2016
  • 220 Views, 0 Comments

A Bounty to Fight - NightSugar pone



underground criminal fights, sounds fun, right?

  • ...
 0
 220

chapter 15

Once she was back in her cell Star was given enough time to think about her next fight, she wasn’t told whether or not it would be a pony or what gender the challenger in question would be. But she was sure that it wouldn’t be hard to win or at least make it entertaining for the crowd, and with a sponsor, she was bound to get more than enough money to go back home. And while she considered the prospect of going home a thought came to mind; where would Windbreaker go if she left? The thought made her mind race with ideas,

He could stop working here or move or even come with me, would he come with me? What would happen to him if he left this place? would he even want to leave?
The thoughts filled her mind until her head began to throb, and she brought her hooves up to her temples and rubbed them as she squeezed her eyes shut. The only time she had thought about something so much that her head would hurt was when Sapphire was the main focus for her worry, she loved her enough to worry about her when she wasn’t the to see if she was ok, then another question sprang up in her mind.

Am I actually so concerned for Windbreaker that I would stress my mind just to find a way to make sure that he'll be safe? Have I really let myself get so concerned for him?
She glanced out beyond the cell bars where he stood, stoic and firm, just the way she had been taught by her father. and she stared at him a small smile crossed her lips and suddenly her cheeks felt hot and she realised what she was doing before she sat up quickly on her cot. The sudden and loud creaking was enough to catch Windbreaker’s attention as he looked back at her and saw her flushed face.

“Star? are you alright?”
He said, his concern for her only helped to make her more flushed, forcing her to keep her back to him as she sat there.

“I’m fine, I just...thought of something...something about breaking out, I’ll be fine, asI can promise you that,”
She took a deep long breath before getting off the cot and turning to face him, he still looked worried but he seemed to be more attentive now.

“I was thinking...that maybe..you could come with me, but only if you truly want to, I mean I already know how to get out but I need to find my cloak and saddlebags first but we could make it work right? I mean I have so many places to hide in mind before we get to where I live, it could be so easy and you wouldn't have to work here anymore,”
She approached the bars slowly as she said this but lowered her voice as she got closer to him,

“No more long days spent in heavy uncomfortable armour, no more seeing sad or beaten up prisoners everywhere, you could have a really calm comfortable life with me and we could even travel together,”
She reached a hoof through the bars and touched the talon that was holding his spear as she stared into his golden eyes.

“we could really start something, no more fights and no more worrying about me, it would be so freeing for the both of us, so...what do you say?”
She smiled at him as she leant on the bars until he frowned and looked down, and he sighed as he closed his eyes.

“I don't know, wouldn’t this just make things...I don’t know worse..for you? I mean much much worse, like call your princesses worse,”
She pulled his talon closer to her and he lifted his gaze, meeting her eyes once more.

“I don’t care what they do to me, you deserve better than this and I can promise you this is better,”
He stared into her eyes for a long time, searching for doubt in them but they did not waver, she was truly passionate about this choice and had clearly thought it through, and it gave him a glimmer of hope.

“Alright, I’ll go with you, but you have to tell me when and where so I can get your cloak and your saddlebags. after that is discussed we can head out,”
When he said that she smiled and pulled him closer to her, kissing him passionately as a tear rolled down cheek.

Hang in there my little sea turtle, mama is coming home.