• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 2,393 Views, 46 Comments

Lost Opportunities - Mewrilah



A series of shorts to where you lose opportunities. What opportunities you ask? Well read on to find out.

  • ...
13
 46
 2,393

Fluttershy

“There’s music in the treetops, and there’s music in the vale…”


Fluttershy seemed to have forgotten that you were helping her feed the animals today. Not that you minded, you got to hear her angelic voice without her being worried about what you thought.


“And music all around us fills the skies.”


You remembered the whole Ponytones and poison joke incident, and couldn’t help but smile. The shy little pegasus had come a long way from that point. Sure she wasn’t going to be going on tour anytime soon, but she would do small shows for her animals and the other Elements of Harmony and you. It was ironic. This mare, who was afraid of her own shadow, didn’t even blink an eye when she found you hurt around the edge of the Everfree Forest. It took at least a month to nurse you from you critical wounds and another to get you back to normal, if you could say that living in a world full of pastel colored ponies was “normal”.


“There’s music by the river and there’s music in the grass,”


Even after you fully recovered, she insisted that you live with her. Although you weren’t necessarily an “animal” she still wanted to care for you, after all it was her job to take care of others. Since you were the only human here, it might be best for everypony you stayed away from others till the Princesses could decide how to integrate you into society.


“And the music makes your heart soar in reply.”


You filled Harry’s dinner bowl with some fish, chuckling how friendly the ferociously outward looking bear was. You moved on to the other animals, humming along with Fluttershy.


“You’ve got to look inside and find the music in you,”


“Cause when you look inside you’ll see it,”


“You’re gonna find it gonna find. The music in you!”


You lightly applauded the pegasus, who blushed but thankfully didn’t fly off.


“You’re too kind __________,” she smiled.
“No Fluttershy, you are too kind. You are so selfless, making sure these animals are cared for before you even treat yourself. You even took me in, some alien just because I was hurt. Too bad there aren’t many humans like you back from where I’m from. Earth sure could use it.”


She smiled sweetly at that. “Well you aren’t a bad human. After all you’re here helping me take care of the animals. And you were in so much pain when I found you. Of course I was pretty scared, but it was really sad seeing you like that that I overcame my fear and helped you.”


“And I’m glad that you did,” you knelt down and hugged her, which earned you an aww and the hug was reciprocated.


“Now that we’ve taken care of breakfast for the animals, let’s go get ourselves some,” she suggested leading you into her cottage. “Now make yourself comfortable while I make us some tea and biscuits.”


You plopped on her couch and smiled. You just felt so good today, maybe you should tell Fluttershy how you saw her.


“I don’t think so buddy,” a deep voice answered your thought.


You turned your head to see Angel, Fluttershy’s favorite pet, although she would never admit it sitting next to you.


“I must be hearing things,” you cleaned your ears.


“No, you heard me right buster.” You looked on in some horror as actual sound came out of the bunny’s mouth and not the usual squeaks.


“Since when could you talk?”


“That doesn’t matter. I’m not going to sit by and let you corrupt sweet Fluttershy,” the bunny crossed his arms.


“What do you mean corrupt? How is loving her corrupting her?”


“Because it won’t be just loving that you two will do. I’ve seen what you humans can do, and I won’t allow you to taint Fluttershy with your love.”


“And how do you propose on stopping me, bunny?”


“By making your life here as miserable as possible. I could start by yelping and blaming you for kicking me off the couch. Afterall, who do you think she’s gonna believe, me or you?”


You didn’t know the answer to that.


“Thought so. Go and find another mare to seduce. Leave Fluttershy out of it,” Angel finished, hopping off the couch and upstairs.


You hostess appeared in the doorway. “Who were you talking to?”


“Just myself,” you lied.


“Oh, I’m sorry. I made you wait so long that you were talking to yourself,” the pegasus’ ears drooped.


“No it wasn’t you Fluttershy. I just sometimes talk to myself when I’m thinking really hard about something.”


“Oh ok then,” she beamed. “Here’s your tea and biscuits. You really are a great friend.”


“Heh, yeah friend.”


In Fluttershy’s bedroom, Discord and Angel were paw bumping, congratulating themselves on a job well done.

Author's Note:

Ok, I'll admit, I wasn't too sure how to write Fluttershy's chapter. Then I thought, why not have two creatures she's close to friendzone you. Made sense in my insane mind. :pinkiecrazy: