• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 2,384 Views, 46 Comments

Lost Opportunities - Mewrilah



A series of shorts to where you lose opportunities. What opportunities you ask? Well read on to find out.

  • ...
13
 46
 2,384

Pinkie Pie

How could one describe your crush? She was sweeter than any confection she baked, more bubblier than the freshest drawn bubble bath, and made the Energizer bunny run out of juice. She was by far the friendliest pony you had met, and she was actually the first one you met. Pinkie found you passed out behind Sugarcube corner, and after her little episode of not knowing what to do, you finally came to. You still thought you were dreaming when you saw a pink blur, circling around you, sounds coming from it. Thankfully, her friends were alerted to the ruckus and started to close in on you.


Pinkie, for whatever reason, stood between you and her friends, and now that she had calmed down a lot you could understand her.


“Hang on a moment girls!” she waved her forehooves in front of her. “We’re not in danger. The creature looks more confused than we are? Maybe he just needs a friend?”


“How do you know it’s a he,” the purple pegasus combined with a unicorn spoke. “You were willing to be scared of Zecora, who was at least a familiar species, but now you’re defending this, this thing? Come on Pinkie, you have some sense.”


“Yes, I have Pinkie Sense TM!” the pink horse in front of you replied. “And since it’s not going off right now, that’s how I know we’re all ok.” She turned around to you. “Hi creature! My name is Pinkie Pie. What’s yours?”


“Pinkie, we don’t even know-”


You replied to the horse, and shook her outstretched hoof. At least she was being friendly, might as well be friendly back.


The next thing you knew, purple hybrid was up in your face, asking you all sorts of questions.


And that was just your first day in Equestria.


Everyday after something always was up. Ironically the only constant in your life was Pinkie, you could always count on her overzealous attitude and bright demeanor. There was one time that you saw her sad, and you were honestly afraid for your life. You two instantly became friends, mostly thanks to her. She even convinced the Cakes, her employers, to let you help her out and that she’d let you stay in her room. Pinkie would never let you thank her properly, saying you would probably do the same for her had she been in the same situation.


So here you were, sitting on your bed, reflecting on the last couple of months. They had been hectic, with different creatures attacking Ponyville and a certain draconequus pulling pranks on you whenever he had the chance. One time he made you hallucinate that you were back home, which was a rude awakening when he took the spell off you. Through it all though, Pinkie always tried her best to cheer you up and make you feel that you were home.


It was just a few weeks ago that you realized how you felt about the bubbly mare. She had caught you staring as she was baking and asked if she had some batter on her face. You blushed and told her no, just you enjoyed watching her bake, before slapping a hand over your mouth. She giggled, thanking you and returned to her baking, seemingly unfazed by your confession. You looked at her incredulously, before just laughing to yourself and asking her if she needed help.


The door swung open, and you were greeted by a pink blur, wrapping her forehooves around you. That was one of the great things about Pinkie: free hugs. You returned the hug, rubbing her soft, fuzzy fur and inhaling her sugar cookie scent. You even went as far to comb your fingers through her unruly mane, which elicited a giggle from the mare.


“You sure are affectionate today _________,” she nuzzled you. That made your heart skip a beat. That had to be a sign that she returned your feelings. This was your chance!


“Well you know Pinkie, you’ve taken such good care of me since I arrived here,” you started.


“Of course silly! According to Twilight you were ripped from you home suddenly and because some other magical, technical things you can’t go back. So of course you would be sad that you lost all your friends and family, I know I would. And it’s never fun to see anypony sad, even though at the end of this chapter you’ll be a little sad, but accepting of my decision. So I decided to treat you like how I would treat anypony. Thankfully you were a lot easier than Cranky. That donkey could sure be as stubborn as well… himself! Speaking of which, it’s too bad that we weren’t able to make to the wedding, that meany weany bug bear just had to spoil that day. And-”


You gently placed a hand on her muzzle. “Pinkie I love you,” you spoke once you had her attention and removed your hand to hear her response.


“Well duh! Everypony loves me and I love everypony! Sure I wasn’t sure what to think of you when we met, but once you showed that you were a super fun and nice who man, it was easy to love you!”


Your heart was practically racing now. She loved you too. “So does that mean you’ll be my special somepony?”


“NOPE!”


…. What?


“Weren’t you listening when I was talking earlier? I LOVE everypony! If I had a special somepony, then I couldn’t love everypony or I would hurt my special somepony’s feelings, and that would be a big no-no. So no I can’t be your special somepony, that wouldn’t be fair to everypony else.”


“Oh… “ you sighed, her logic made some sense.


“I told you you would be sad by my answer,” Pinkie apologized, before jumping onto the bed next to you, wrapping a forehoof around your shoulders. “But just because I’m not your special somepony doesn’t mean I don’t love you and you can’t love me. It just means that we aren’t committed to each other. We can fall in love with other ponies and have them fall in love with us. Why should ponies be forced to only love one other pony? Then if a pony finds that they love another pony, they might hurt the pony they loved first because they love the other pony as well. That’s why us ponies have herds, but even then that restricts the love as well as everypony in that group has to agree on adding others. For me, I just love everypony, the only rule is to not hurt other ponies. So far it’s worked fine for me!”


You smiled at her. Her explanation couldn’t have any more truth. You couldn’t have her all for yourself, that wasn’t who Pinkie was.


“Alright Pinkie,” you hugged her tightly. “As long as you’re happy, then I’m happy.”


“Yay! Let’s celebrate for you being happy after I just rejected you!”


Oh Pinkie.

Author's Note:

Hope my explanation for Pinkie makes sense. :pinkiecrazy: But then it's Pinkie, she doesn't have to make sense!