• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,009 Views, 186 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 1 - Bahamut0



This story takes place in an alternate universe of the Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG continuity I've set up. In it, Burst and the others use morphers to fuse with their duel monster partners. IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!

  • ...
5
 186
 1,009

Episode 18: Date Night

The rangers were in a pretty good mood. It was Friday, and their girlfriends were free. Tonight would be date night. "Man I can't wait to take Rarity out tonight! I hope she can get someone to watch her little sister."

"This'll be my first date with Celestia AND Moon. I hope it goes well.", Burst said.

"Dash and I are hitting the movies. She wanted to see that new Super Hero movie that came out.", Steel said.

"Sonata and I are hitting up a karaoke place. Perfect chance for the two of us to goof off.", Ace said with a smile.

"Sunset and I are eating dinner out. My treat.", Gold said. Ice and Shadow sighed.

"Some guys have all the luck.", they both said. Pinkie then popped up.

"Don't worry! You'll get girls next season!"

"Thanks Pinkie. Wait, what was that last part?", Ice asked.

"Nothing important!", Pinkie chirped as she went about the rest of her day.

"Well guys, let's make tonight awesome!", Burst said.

"YEAH!" The rest of the day went by pretty quick and the rangers and their girlfriends prepared for their dates. However, Chrysalis was watching the girls with devious interest.

"Perfect. So much love is coming from them! If I can absorb it, then I'll gain enough power to defeat the rangers!" Chrysalis cast a spell that knocked the girls out and she teleported them to her fortress. "Now to set the stage for my trap." The rangers had finished preparing for their dates when their morphers beeped.

"Rangers! Get to the command center! Something's come up!", Pegasus said. The rangers teleported to the command center and found Pegasus had a grave expression on his face. "We've received a message from Chrysalis. It's about the girls..." Pegasus played the message.

"Greetings rangers.", Chrysalis said with an evil smile. "I'm sure you're familiar with these lovely ladies?" Chrysalis revealed the girls trapped in cocoons! "You want them back? Surrender and hand over your morphers. Otherwise..." Chrysalis charged her magic. "I can't promise their safety. The choice is all yours." The rangers' faces were a mix of shock, worry and anger.

"That witch kidnapped my gem. My Rarity!", Inferno cried out. "And now she's holding the girls hostage to get rid of us!" Inferno's rage was soon replaced with sorrow. "Burst...what're we gonna do?"

"For once...I don't know." Meanwhile on Chrysalis's fortress, the girls woke up from the spell Chrysalis had used to knock them out.

"Alright bug queen! Let us go now or you'll be sorry!", Rainbow shouted! "The rangers are gonna kick your butt right of the planet!"

"They'll come for us! Just you wait and see!", Rarity said. Chrysalis giggled at hearing this.

"Oh, I'm counting on it. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Soon they'll be no threat to my rule. I gave them an ultimatum. Surrender their morphers and I give you back unharmed. And if they don't, I can't guarantee your safe return. Of course, I'd be a fool to let such a valuable food source leave."

"They'll never surrender to you. Burst and the other rangers will find a way to beat you!", Celestia said defiantly. Chrysalis smiled at her response.

"How delicious. The love you share for him is so sweet. Which is why I have no intention of releasing you. Such tasty love is coming from all of you, and the more I feed off it the stronger I become. In fact, I might even beat the rangers with the love energy I've absorbed!"

"What would someone like you know about love?", Nightmare spat. "Especially since you take every last bit of it!" Chrysalis walked over to Nightmare's cocoon. In a flash of green fire she transformed into a perfect likeness! She even had Nightmare's voice down!

"I know enough on how to break a heart. Maybe when Burst comes for you two, I'll break his before I steal all of his love.", Chrysalis said with a cruel smile. "Then I'll crush the rest of the rangers and mount their morphers as trophies. A perfect display for Sombra and I to gaze at as we reign over this world."

"I guess I was wrong.", Nightmare said with a smirk. "You must know something about love if you speak that fondly of Sombra."

"What can I say? He's tall, dark and handsome. And he'll be the king at my side."

"You know Chrysalis, you don't have to go through with this. I changed. You could too."

"I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I'm having too much fun messing with all of you so far. Now to wait for the-" Chrysalis was out cold from a shot of blaster fire! Burst and the other rangers stepped out of the shadows and freed the girls from their cocoons.

"Everyone alright?", Shadow asked.

"We're good.", Nightmare said as she and Celestia hugged Burst. Burst then noticed Chrysalis getting up.

"Guys, Inferno and I got this. You get the girls out of here."

"See you guys back on earth!", Steel said as the rangers and the girls teleported back to earth.

"You made a big mistake taking our girls. Now I'm gonna show off my new power-up!", Inferno said as his morpher changed appearance! "Meteor Black Comet Dragon!" In a flash of light, Inferno stood in a new ranger armor! His armor was a dark purple with flames on his wings and lines that looked like fire was burning in them! Burst got out his morpher and activated his power up!

"Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon!" Burst stood in his upgraded armor and he and Inferno got into a fighting stance! "Let's dethrone this queen!" Chrysalis summoned a scimitar made of her magic.

"Let's dance ranger boys!" Chrysalis charged at Inferno and Burst, but they were too quick for her! Inferno then summoned his own sword! Flames were wrapped around the blade!

"Meteor Hail!" Inferno fired a barrage of meteors at Chrysalis! They were coming at her so hard she could barely block them! Inferno charged forth and leaped into the air with a blazing kick! "Comet Kick!" Chrysalis was knocked back halfway across the room! "You just got burned!"

"My turn!" Burst summoned a sword that most would need two hands to even lift it! Yet he was able to use only one hand! "Ultimate White Lightning!" Burst fired a blast of lightning from his sword and it struck Chrysalis as she had recovered!

"How...how are you so strong?! The love energy I stole should have been enough to defeat you!"

"It's because it was love you stole. The love that the girls have for us is freely given! That's what led to your defeat!" Chrysalis stared in shock as the love she had stolen was leaving her!

"No..NO!" Burst and Inferno teleported back to earth to meet back up with their friends. Meanwhile on the fortress, Sombra noticed Chrysalis pouting about her loss.

"Things didn't go well wit your plan?", he asked.

"Stupid love energy.", Chrysalis pouted. "I steal even one drop from those girls and it turns against me." Sombra sat by her side.

"Not all of it was stolen.", Sombra said with a small smile as he hugged her. "You know I'll always give you mine Chryssi." Chrysalis had an actual smile on her face.

"You know just what to say Sombra. Care to help me drown my feelings in a kiss?" Sombra complied all too gladly. Back on earth, the rangers were enjoying their own dates. Steel and Rainbow shared a kiss as the movie they went to began to play, Rarity kissed Inferno on the cheek as he carried Sweetie Bell on his shoulders, Gold and Sunset shared a kiss over the dinner they were enjoying, Ace and Sonata were singing their hearts out, and Burst was enjoying Celestia and Nightmare's company over a pizza.

"You know, there's only one way to make tonight better.", Nightmare said with a smile.

"And that is?", Burst asked as Nightmare kissed him. Nightmare broke the kiss as Celestia turned Burst's face to her.

"Rewarding you for saving us.", Celestia said with a smile as she kissed Burst.

"Yeah that'll do.", Burst said with a smile as the three of them continued to enjoy each other's company before heading home.