• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,009 Views, 186 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 1 - Bahamut0



This story takes place in an alternate universe of the Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG continuity I've set up. In it, Burst and the others use morphers to fuse with their duel monster partners. IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!

  • ...
5
 186
 1,009

Episode 9: Questions and Answers

"Burst Stream. Please report to Principal Celestia's office. Thank you.", The intercom blared. Burst wasn't sure why he was being called up, but he figured there was no use fighting it as he made his way to Celestia's office. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes Burst. If I recall correctly, you were one of the students who was still inside the school during the attack a week ago. Correct?"

"Yeah. I was there and so were Sunset and her friends. The rest of my friends were there too. What's that have to do with anything?"

"I'm just making sure you've recovered. An experience like that must have been shocking."

"It would have been. If it weren't for the Duelist Rangers showing up when they did."

"Yes. I think we're incredibly lucky they showed up. Especially the Blue Eyes Ranger.", Celestia said with a fond smile before snapping back to reality. "You can leave now." Burst shrugged and returned to his classes. Lunch period soon came and Burst met up with his friends to tell them what had happened in Celestia's office.

"That was close! Could you imagine if she found out you were a ranger?", Sunset said.

"On a side note though...", Inferno said with a sly smile. "It looks like Burst is into older women!"

"Not cool Inferno!"

"Come on! I've seen you stare at her! Don't play innocent. You like her!"

"Well...she is quite attractive.", Burst said with a slight blush. "And she is pretty nice." Burst then noticed the looks his friends were giving him and decided to change the subject. "Anyway, there haven't been any attacks on the city today. Isn't that the least bit weird?"

"...Maybe Nightmare's on vacation?", Shadow suggested.

"Either that or she's planning something.", Ace added. Meanwhile on Nightmare's fortress, she was busy scrolling through TV stations on her crystal.

"Shouldn't I be doing something? Oh right. Planning an attack. Hm. I've attacked the city so much. Maybe I need to change things up." Nightmare then focused on CHS. "Maybe I'll try kidnapping the principal. That should be good change of pace." Nightmare then saw who the principal was. "Oh this is just too good! This world's Celestia is the principal of the rangers' school! And knowing how beloved Celestia was back in Equestria, the same could be said of her counterpart. The rangers are sure to come to her rescue! Now which monster to send this time?" Nightmare looked through and found the perfect monster to send in. "Ah! Perfect! The Dragonic Knight!" Nightmare summoned the monster to her fortress.

"Is there a way I can be of service milady?", Dragonic Knight asked.

"Head to earth and kidnap this woman.", Nightmare said as she showed an image of Celestia to Dragonic Knight. "Once you have her, the Duelist Rangers are sure to face you. I know of your desire to duel strong opponents."

"Ah! You seek to give me a challenge! I accept your request!" Dragonic Knight teleported to earth. Meanwhile the school day had come to an end, and the rangers were on their way home. Burst caught Celestia heading to her car, and Inferno took the chance to tease him about it. Burst shook it off, but noticed a figure was preparing to swipe down on Celestia! Acting purely on instinct, Burst pushed her to get her out of the way! Dragonic Knight landed and addressed the two of them.

"I've no quarrel with you boy. Give me the woman and no harm shall befall you."

"If you want to take her you'll have to go through me!" Burst then got into a fighting stance! "Principal Celestia, get to safety!"

"You're willing to put your life on the line for your maiden. I respect your resolve! As a creature of honor, I shall challenge you on equal ground! But make no mistake, I'll hold nothing back!" Dragonic Knight laid down his sword and shield. "Have at you!" Burst and Dragonic Knight charged at each other! Dragonic Knight took a swing at Burst, but Burst dodged and landed a few punches on Dragonic Knight and finished his attack with a powerful upper cut! Dragonic Knight then used his tail to try and sweep Burst off of his feet! Burst saw it coming and jumped over it and executed a kick that knocked Dragonic Knight back! Celestia was watching Burst fight off the monster that tried to kidnap her from relative safety.

'He's incredibly brave! He's taking on a monster that the rangers would deal with!', Celestia thought to herself. As the fight wore on, Burst was showing signs of slowing down.

"I...think...it's time to take it up a notch!" Burst then activated his morpher! "Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Burst morphed into his ranger form! "Now we can both fight to our fullest extent!" Burst summoned his own sword! "Let's have a real duel now!" Celestia couldn't believe what she saw! One of her students was a Duelist Ranger! And the one she had a crush on!

"A worthy challenge through and through!", Dragonic Knight said as he picked up his sword. "Let the battle begin anew!" The two charged at each other! Dragonic Knight took the first strike, but Burst blocked it with his own sword! "Impressive! Blue Eyes choose a worthy partner!"

"I'm just getting started!", Burst replied as he pushed Dragonic Knight back and landed a series of slashes across Dragonic Knight's chest! "Dragon Strike!" Burst charged his sword with energy and released a bolt of energy that looked like Blue Eyes at Dragonic Knight! Dragonic Knight shielded himself, but the attack broke his shield and sent him flying! Burst was about to close in for the final blow, but was stopped when Dragonic Knight bowed to him.

"I admit defeat. Nightmare Moon was correct when she said you rangers would provide me with a worthy challenge. I have long sought an opponent who could defeat me, and I have met my match. Farewell young hero! May you be triumphant in your mission!" Dragonic Knight then returned to the monster world through a portal.

"Well that was a nice change of pace. A monster we didn't need to destroy.", Burst said with a smile under his helmet. "Better see if Celestia's all right."

"I'd say I'm more than all right.", Celestia said with a smile as she walked up to Burst as she came out of her hiding place. "My hero."

"Just doing my job ma'am."

"You don't have to hide your face from me Burst." Burst was shocked! She'd seen him morph?! Burst then powered down.

"Hope this isn't too much of let down. I'm guessing you saw me morph?"

"I did. But, how did you become a ranger?"

"It was during the attack on the school. Pegasus told us that the morphers had chosen us. My friends and I each took the morpher that chose us and became the Duelist Rangers. Since then we've been defending the city."

"Does anyone else know your secret?"

"Sunset and her friends know. And I guess you know now too."

Celestia smiled. "In that case, are you free right now?" Burst was stunned!

"Are...are you asking me out?"

"I've noticed you staring at me from time to time. I kind of like it that you show interest in me. And just now you proved you were more than willing to protect me. That, and you look much more handsome without that helmet covering your face. So how about it?" Burst was beaming with happiness.

"Principal Celestia, it would be my honor. But there's somewhere I should take you first. Burst and Celestia teleported to the command center, and Burst revealed how Celestia knew their secret. "So know we've got another person who knows our secret." Inferno was the first to find his voice.

"So can we get special passes for battling monsters?" He was then lightly punched in the arm by Ace.

"One thing I must ask.", Pegasus said as he addressed Celestia. "Can we trust you to keep our secret?"

"The rangers are my students. I'll guard their secret with my life."

"Welcome to the club!" Pinkie cheered.

"You know Burst, I think you deserve a reward for being such a good hero.", Celestia said with a smile.

"What did you have in mind?", Burst asked. He got his answer when Celestia kissed him! He was surprised at first, but enjoyed it nonetheless. "You know, that was my first kiss."

"Glad you enjoyed it.", Celestia said with a smile. The rest of their friends all snapped a picture of that moment and collectively 'aawwed.'