• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,009 Views, 186 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 1 - Bahamut0



This story takes place in an alternate universe of the Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG continuity I've set up. In it, Burst and the others use morphers to fuse with their duel monster partners. IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!

  • ...
5
 186
 1,009

Episode 13: Down-time

"Hmmm. Attention everyone!", Nightmare said as all of those who served her halted their current work. "You've been putting in a good effort serving me in my cause. So today, I'm giving you all the day off!" All of her minions smiled and took off to anywhere but the fortress. The rangers noticed the minions dressed in civilian clothes and going about their day.

"Well...I guess even the badguys need a day off too.", Burst said as he saw the minions going about their day off. "I guess we can enjoy the day too." Most of the rangers contacted their girlfriends and enjoyed their day off. Inferno was currently enjoying his date with Rarity.

"I gotta say, it's nice to have a break from all the excitement!", Inferno said with Rarity on his arm. "You know, days like this take me back to when I first met you. Clear, beautiful, and unassuming." Rarity smiled fondly.

"Darling. That day was the happiest day of my life." Rarity and Inferno recalled the day when they first met, and how it forged their relationship.

Freshman Year...

"Blueblood. Might it be alright if you carry me over this puddle?", Young Rarity asked. Blueblood chuckled at hearing this.

"Why would I ever show any chivalry towards a commoner such as you?" Rarity was heartbroken after hearing this! She had thought Blueblood was a perfect gentleman! And yet he was acting like a complete jerk! Young Inferno was walking the halls when he noticed the unhappy couple.

'A punk like that treating such a nice girl so bad. Time for me to do something about it.' Inferno walked up to Blueblood and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey rich boy!" Blueblood turned his attention to Inferno.

"What do you want peasant?"

"Didn't your parents ever teach you to treat a girl nice?"

"Only if she's among the elite.", Blueblood scoffed.

"And you call yourself a prince. Well get ready to take on the dragon!" Inferno struck a fighting stance. "Or are you too scared to mess up your hair?"

"Insolent fool! I'll teach you a thing or two!" Blueblood got into a fisticuffs position. "Have at-!" He was cut-off by a swift punch from Inferno! He wasn't badly bruised or hurt, but he was out cold. Inferno walked over to Rarity and turned his back to a carrying position.

"Need a lift?" Inferno flashed her a smile. Rarity blushed and returned the smile as she got onto his back and he stepped through the puddle on the floor.

"While I can't agree with your method, I can't argue with the result. What's your name darling?"

"Inferno. Inferno Flare. You can call me anytime. So do I get the honor of knowing the name of such a pretty gem?"

"Rarity. By the way, are you free after school today?" Inferno was grinning ear-to-ear.

"Gorgeous, I got nothing better to do!" Inferno and Rarity then snapped back to the present. "We've come such a long way since then. In fact, there's something I want to give you to show you how special you are to me." Inferno reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace with a brilliant ruby that looked like it was blazing. Rarity was speechless. "Red Eyes helped my pick it out. It shows how you ignite my soul, and that you're my treasure." Rarity wrapped her arms around Inferno after he put the necklace on her. She gave him a flirty smile.

"I'd expect nothing less from my handsome dragon." Rarity pulled Inferno into a deep, loving kiss. A kiss Inferno more than happily returned. Steel and Rainbow were enjoying some time at the arcade and were also reminiscing about when they first met.

"Hard to believe we ever became an item huh?", Rainbow asked. "Most of the girls thought I would be single for as long as I lived!"

"What can I say? I love your tomboyish charm. Also, I don't have to worry about being delicate with you.", Steel replied. "But on our first date you acted like you wanted nothing to do with me." The two shared a laugh as they remembered their first encounter and date.

Freshman Year...

"It's not like I love him or anything! I just want to know him better!", Young Rainbow said with a pout as she remembered what had happened earlier that day. Hoops and his cronies were making fun of her as usual. Rainbow had managed to K.O. one of them, but one of them held her in place while Hoops was getting ready to slap her. She braced for it, but it never came. Rainbow opened her eyes and found a guy who was gripping Hoops' arm!

"Who're you?!", Hoops growled.

"The guy who's about to slamdunk you!" Steel replied as he threw Hoops into a trash can! "Three-pointer." Steel then gazed coldly at the rest of Hoops' goons. "Next?" They were so scared they ran off crying. "Need a hand?" Steel offered his hand to Rainbow Dash and she accepted. "Guys like that are annoying right? Name's Steel Edge." Rainbow blushed a little.

"I'm Rainbow Dash. And you're 20% more awesome for saving my hide back there!" Rainbow fist-bumped him as the two walked off to class. 'This guy's pretty cool...' Rainbow Dash then told her friends about it, and how she reacted. She denied every speculation that she had feelings for Steel. Then one weekend, Steel took her out to see the latest Daring Do movie. As the film came to an end she noticed Steel was giving her a smile.

"Hey Dash? Are you happy so far?"

"I'm doing awesome! Why?" Steel inched closer to her.

"Because there's nothing more I like doing than making you happy." Rainbow blushed and smiled back.

"Maybe...I should make you happy too." Rainbow closed her eyes and shared a kiss with Steel. The two of them then returned from their trip down memory lane and smiled.

"So can I do anything to make you smile?", Steel asked.

"Shut up and kiss me ranger boy." Rainbow booped Steel on the nose. Steel gladly complied. Ace and Sonata were enjoying a day out. Ace even wound up giving Sonata a ride on his back. Sonata was happy and carefree for the most part, but then she asked Ace a serious question.

"Hey Ace? You know my family and I don't have the best history at CHS right? You were there weren't you? Didn't you see what we tried to do?" Ace sighed.

"I was. I saw everything."

"Then why are you going out with me? Most people would hate you for staying by me. I don't want you to be miserable just to make me happy."

"Sonata. Everyone was willing to give Sunset a second chance. And they've given your family one too. And even if they didn't, I'd stay with you all the same. I was under your siren's song before you even sang. Sometimes I still hear your beautiful voice in my dreams." Sonata was tearing up. Ace set her down, held her close, and kissed her. Sonata gladly returned the favor.

"You make me so happy I could sing. But if I did I'd probably sound awful."

"And I'd still think it was one of the sweetest voices I've heard." Sonata smiled at hearing this, and sang her heart out. She was shocked to find that her voice didn't sound like an awful cacophony, but it sounded even more beautiful than it ever had when she had her magic!

"Sonata...that was heavenly! How is this possible?!" Sonata's mind flashed back to an old story she had heard in her younger days.

"There was an old legend. Where a siren fell in love with a pony. Because their love wasn't caused by the siren's magic, they formed a deep bond. And that love let the siren sing more beautiful than any other siren using magic. I just thought it was an old story but you..." Sonata couldn't contain her joy. "You gave me my voice back." Sonata pulled in Ace and the two shared a loving embrace.

"Like I said. I was under your spell before you even sang." The two just enjoyed each other's company for a good while. Gold and Sunset were enjoying lunch together. Both of them recounting the craziness they had been through.

"And I thought the girls and I were heroes. But you and the guys have to deal with monsters on a daily basis.", Sunset said with a giggle. "That, and I never expected to meet another being from Equestria in this world. And...I never thought a guy would come near me after...the incident." Gold noticed Sunset's shift in mood and put his hand on hers.

"But you got back up after that. You've got good friends and everyone at school's forgiven you. And last but not least, you have me. Also, there's something I want to give you." Gold pulled out the ring of his late adopted mother. "Dad told me to give this to the girl who meant the world to me. Sunset, you light up my life." Sunset was in awe as she put the ring on.

"Gold...it's beautiful!" Sunset pulled him into a kiss. "You always rise to the occasion." Gold smiled as he returned the kiss. Meanwhile, Burst was enjoying his time with Celestia. The two of them were enjoying a day out and Burst had stopped by Sugar Cube Corner to pick up a slice of her favorite cake.

"You always go the extra mile for the people you care about don't you?", Celestia asked with a smile.

"I wouldn't be a good leader for the rangers or a good boyfriend if I didn't give things a little extra effort sometimes.", Burst replied with a smile. He then took a moment to take in Celestia's appearance. "You know, you're just as beautiful as when I first saw you during Freshman Year. I even asked my mom if you were an angel. The sun seems to just radiate off you. And you have those lovely violet eyes." Celestia giggled at Burst's compliments.

"And you've grown quite handsome since I first saw you too. You were quite the cute little fellow as a freshman. And look at you now. You've still got that snowy white hair, the faintest tint of blue on your skin, and those sapphire orbs that're your eyes. I could get lost in them." Celestia then pulled Burst in a tight hug. "I love how soft and kind they are when you're around those you love, and how fierce they are when you fight to protect them. You're like a sleeping dragon. To be honest, I'd never have thought you'd be the Duelist Ranger I had eyes for. Not that I'm complaining." Burst smiled.

"I love you Celestia."

"I love you too." The two of them engaged in a deep kiss. Soon enough they wound up making out and broke their kiss to catch their breath. "You're a pretty good kisser. How'd you get so good? I bet you've had girls throwing themselves at you."

"Actually Celestia, you're the only girl I've had eyes for. And as for how I'm good at the art of lip-locking, I just act on instinct." Celestia smiled as she and Burst enjoyed the dessert he brought.