• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,009 Views, 186 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 1 - Bahamut0



This story takes place in an alternate universe of the Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG continuity I've set up. In it, Burst and the others use morphers to fuse with their duel monster partners. IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!

  • ...
5
 186
 1,009

Episode 7: Red Dragon Archfiend Rising Part 1

The next day, the whole school was buzzing about a new student who was going to CHS. Burst and his friends were curious about what all the excitement was about and found a guy who looked almost exactly like Ace! "Ace? Is that you? If this is a prank it was pretty funny. But cut it out now.", Burst said.

"Burst. That's not me.", Ace said as he, Sonata and Shadow approached the group. He stopped when he saw the new student. "Ice? Is that you?"

"Hey bro! Nice to see you and Shadow again.", Ice greeted. "See these are all your friends?"

"Yup. And this is my girlfriend Sonata. So are going to CHS now?"

"Sure am! So are any of your friends duelists?"

"Plenty! Oh great..."

"What is it?"

"Snips and Snails. The school's wannabe bullies.", Ace said flatly as he motioned towards the two. They then tried to make a pass at Sonata.

"Hey baby! Wanna ditch that loser and get with the baddest guys on campus?", Snips asked.

"You two really need to respect personal space.", Ice said.

"Looks like we need to teach you a lesson." Ice cracked a smile and began performing a series of martial arts moves! "Uh..a lesson we'll teach another time! Let's book Snails!" The two ran off as fast as they could.

"Works every time. See you guys around!", Ice said as he went off to classes. However, he wasn't aware that he was being watched. Back at Nightmare's fortress, the second morpher she had was glowing brightly when Ice showed up.

"So the morpher has chosen a ranger. Excellent. Soon, he will serve me.", Nightmare said as she plotted another test to see if Ice was the one the morpher chose. The school day drew to a close and Ice was on his way home. That is, until he was ambushed by a five shadowbolts.

"What the heck?!" The shadowbolts engaged him! Ice was outnumbered, but not outmatched! He was able to dodge their attacks, and took them down with no problem with a series of punches and kicks! Once they were defeated, the shadowbolts faded away. "This is too weird!" Nightmare Moon then warped before him!

"Congratulations Dark Ice! You have been chosen!"

"What?!", Ice noticed he couldn't move! Nightmare was holding him in place with her magic! "Nooo!" Ice screamed as he was teleported to Nightmare's fortress! Once there he was stuck inside a swirl of darkness.

"It's time. Rise Dark Ice!" The swirl of darkness faded away and Dark Ice stood mindless like a zombie.

"What is your command my queen?"

"Take this morpher. It has chosen you! Use its power to defeat the Duelist Rangers! Now, morph into the Red Dragon Archfiend Ranger!" Dark Ice nodded and morphed!

"To the end of the Duelist Rangers! And the rule of eternal night!" Ice was then returned to earth in his normal form.

"Remember to keep your ranger powers a secret.", Nightmare said before she returned to her fortress. Ice returned home as if nothing had happened, and unaware that his brothers were the very enemy Nightmare wanted him to fight.

The next day...

The next day, Nightmare had sent out a new monster to attack the city. This time it was a spellcaster-type monster called Chaos Sorcerer. The rangers teleported to where Chaos Magician was attacking.

"Ah! The rangers! NOW it's a party!", Chaos Magician then fired a flurry of magical blasts! The rangers were able to dodge most of them but a few stray ones hit their marks!

"This guy's crazy!", Ace shouted as Chaos Magician was blasting away at their cover.

"He is called Chaos Magician.", Inferno said. "Anyone got any clue how we can beat this guy?"

"Here's one!", Steel said as he charged at Chaos Magician and then slid under him to strike while he was off guard! "Now guys!" The other rangers then closed in and unleashed an all-out attack! Destroying Chaos Magician!

"The time has come Dark Ice! Morph!", Nightmare commanded Ice. She then turned her attention to Chaos Sorcerer. "Megamorph!" The spell was cast and Chaos Sorcerer was revived and grown!

"We need Megazord power!", Burst cried out as the rangers summoned and combined their zords! "Let's take him down!" Chaos Sorcerer sent a volley of magic blasts their way, but Steel's shield absorbed it!

"Let's see how he likes a taste of his own medicine!" The shield glowed with light and a beam sent right at Chaos Sorcerer! Destroying him with his own attack! "Score one for us!" Then out of nowhere, a new ranger appeared!

"Time for them to meet the Red Dragon Archfiend Ranger!", Ice said as he jumped on top of the Megazord! He then made his way to the cockpit! The other rangers were shocked!

"What?!", Ace said as he noticed the new ranger.

"Long live Queen Nightmare!" Ice then launched an attack from inside the Megazord! The resulting damage sent the rangers flying out of the Megazord! They landed, and Ice followed.

"The rest of you get out of here!", Burst cried out! "I'll keephim busy!" The other rangers teleported back to the command center while Burst faced off against Ice! "If you're a ranger then why are you working with Nightmare Moon?!"

"She commands. I obey!" Ice charged at Burst and delivered a strong punch! Burst blocked it and countered with his own series of punches! But Ice blocked every one of them and tried to land a kick, but Burst caught his foot and threw him! Ice recovered only to receive a kick from Burst! While Ice was still dazed, Burst unleashed a series of hits on Ice! Ice then knocked Burst back with a blast of flame!

"You and I are pretty evenly matched. But now to end this!" Ice then began to charge up as flames wrapped around his fist! "Absolute Power Force!" Burst noticed this and powered up his own attack!

"White Lightning!" The two attacks collided, and there was a flash of light! When the light died down, Burst was almost on his knees.

"My job's done. You're defeated." Ice then teleported away to his home and powered down. Ace and Shadow soon arrived at home. "Hey you two. Anything interesting happen?"

"Nope. Just a regular day.", Ace said covering up the fact that they had just beaten an evil monster and gotten their rears handed to them by Ice in his ranger form.

"Huh. Cool." Ace and Shadow then contacted Gold and the other rangers while they were alone

"Who was that guy?"

"Dad mentioned two of the morphers were stolen. Nightmare used her magic on one and Garble fused with it. Giving him the form you know now. The other one must have chosen a ranger and Nightmare must be controlling them. Burst was able to hold them off, so we know he's pretty strong. We'd best be careful. Something tells me this Red Dragon Archfiend Ranger will strike pretty soon."