• Published 16th Nov 2016
  • 685 Views, 116 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 7: Family Matters - Bahamut0



Burst Stream never knew his father. Ever since he was five, his dad disappeared one night and was presumed dead. Now he's back, and he has a surprise for his son. A step-brother. One who seems to hate Burst's guts and everyone he holds dear.

  • ...
2
 116
 685

Duel 5: Date Night

The rest of the week was pretty quiet, and Friday had arrived before anyone had even bothered to check the date. And since it was the day for their dates, Adagio and Aria were panicking on the inside.

'Have to look good! Can't so anything stupid! Don't want to make a fool of myself in front of him!', Adagio mentally panicked.

'Please don't let Night think I'm antisocial! I'd really hate to see him break out the puppy eyes again!', Aria mentally pleaded. Soon enough, their dates arrived at their house.

"Ready Adagio?", Venus Bloomer asked with a smile.

"As ready as I'm going to be.", Adagio said with a nervous smile.

"Hey Aria! Ready for a good time?", Fang said with a grin.

"Sure. I'm down for whatever.", Aria said with an actual smile. The two former sirens left for their dates, and Ace and Sonata looked on with proud smiles.

"I hope they find happiness with those two.", Ace said.

"They grow up so fast.", Sonata said as she blew her nose. The first stop on their date was the duel park.

"Hope you're not expecting an easy duel.", Adagio said with a smirk.

"I never do. Time to show you how sharp the thorns of my plant deck are!", Bloomer said.

Adagio: 8000
Venus Bloomer: 8000

"Ladies first.", Bloomer said.

"Why thank you.", Adagio said. "I set a card and summon Opera the Melodious Diva! Now I can special summon Canon the Melodious Diva since I control a "Melodious" monster! And now I can also special summon Sonata the Melodious Diva! Once she's on the field all fairy-type monsters on my field gain 500 attack and defense points! I end my turn."

"I draw! I summon a monster in defense mode and set two cards face-down! I end my turn."

"My move then! I draw! Sonata will attack your face-down monster while Opera and Canon attack you directly!" Bloomer shielded himself as his monster was destroyed and he took a hit right to his life points! "That's all for now."

Adagio: 8000
Venus Bloomer: 3500

"Not bad! Now it's my turn! I draw! I summon Twilight Rose Knight! Now that he's on the field I can special summon a level four or lower plant type monster from my hand! Now I'll tune my knight with the monster I special summoned to bring out Black Rose Dragon!" In a flurry of petals, Black Rose Dragon appeared on the field!

"She's beautiful...", Adagio said in awe.

"Maybe. But you're the one who captivates Venus Bloomer.", Black Rose replied.

"And she's pretty powerful too! Once she's synchro summoned I can destroy all cards on the field!" Adagio braced herself as a storm of petals wiped out her whole field! "Now I activate Thorn of Malice and equip it to Black Rose! This boosts her attack by 600 points! Attack her directly! Black Rose Flame!" Adagio winced as she took damage from Black Rose's breath! "I set a card and end my turn."

Adagio: 5000
Venus Bloomer: 3500

"Not bad. I draw! Nice! I play Polymerization to fuse a Melodius Maestra and a Melodious Diva in my hand to fusion summon Bloom Diva the Melodious Choir! Now I'll attack Black Rose Dragon! Now for Bloom Diva's special ability! She can't be destroyed by battle or card effects and I take no battle damage from attacks involving her! And when she battles a special summoned monster, I can inflict damage in the difference of their original attack points to you as damage! And if I do, I can destroy that monster!" Bloomer winced as Black Rose was destroyed and he took damage from her original attack difference! "I end my turn."

Adagio: 5000
Venus Bloomer: 2100

"Good move. I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn."

"I draw. I discard a card to activate Lightning Vortex to destroy all monsters on your field!"

"Now Blue Rose Dragon's effect activates! When he's destroyed I can special summon Black Rose from my graveyard! "

"I'll have Bloom Diva attack to deal you 1400 points of damage! And since Black Rose was special summoned, she's destroyed. I end my turn."

Adagio: 5000
Venus Bloomer: 700

"Well there's not much I can do. I end my turn.", Bloomer said with a defeated smile. "Have at me."

"You accept defeat with grace.", Adagio said with a smile. "I like that in a guy. Attack him directly for game!" The two of them then watched Aria and Night Fang duel.

Aria: 8000
Night Fang: 8000

"You can have the first move. I'm not the type to nag about ladies first.", Aria said.

"Thanks! I summon a monster in defense mode and set a card to end my turn! Your move!"

"I draw! I summon Command Knight to attack your monster!" Command Knight charged at Night's monster, but was pushed back by its high defense! The resulting bounce made a dent in Aria's life points! "Pretty sturdy monster you've got there. I end my turn."

Aria: 6500
Night Fang: 8000

"My move! I play Destiny Draw to discard a Destiny Hero and draw two cards! Now I summon Destiny Hero Doomlord! Next I'll activate the field spell Dark City! Now I play Over Destiny to special summon Destiny Hero Dasher! I'll have Doomlord attack your monster, and since his attack is lower he gains 1000 attack during damage calculation! Now Dasher attacks you directly!" Aria winced as she took damage from her monster being destroyed and from the direct attack. "I end my turn."

Aria: 4000
Night Fang: 8000

"I set a monster in defense mode and end my turn."

"I draw! Nice! I tribute my three monsters to special summon Destiny Hero Plasma from my hand! Now I'll activate his effect! I equip one monster you control and add half of its attack points to Plasma's! Your monster had 2000 attack, so plasma gains 1000! Attack her directly!" Aria braced herself as she felt the impact of Plasma's attack! "I end my turn."

Aria: 1100
Night Fang: 8000

"Pretty good monster you've got. Too bad he can't do piercing damage! I set a monster in defense mode and end my turn!"

"I draw! I summon Destiny Hero Captain Tenacious! Now I play Fusion Sage to add Polymerization to my hand! Then I'll play Fusion Tag to make the name of one of the monsters on my field the same as one of the fusion material monsters listed on the fusion card! I play Polymerization to fuse my heroes into Destiny End Dragoon!" A fearsome looking monster descended! "Now I'll activate his effect! I'll destroy one monster you control and destroy it! Now you take damage equal to its attack! And that's game!"

"I couldn't even get a scratch on you.", Aria said with a smirk. "So where do we go from here?"

"I say we head our separate ways. You two have fun on your own.", Adagio said as she grabbed Bloomer's arm.

"Fine by me." Aria and Night grabbed a bite to eat and spent some time working up a conversation as they went home. "You know, whatever costume you made must be pretty high-end. Those ears of yours almost look real."

"Uh...about that? They kind of are. And I also have a tail.", Night said nervously.

Aria was shocked! "Wait...you mean those ears are real?"

"Uh-huh. And it felt pretty nice when you scratched them. You don't think I'm a freak do you?" Aria laughed.

"Night. My family and I came from a world full of magical talking ponies and we tried to take over the school. You're pretty normal by comparison." Then an idea came to her. "So who's a good boy?", she said as she rubbed his stomach. Night was howling in laughter!

"I am! I am! Now please stop! I can't take much more!" The two of them soon wound up against each other.

"You're cool Night.", Aria said with a smile as she held his hand. "You were right when you said I wouldn't be disappointed." Aria leaned in and kissed him! "You're also pretty cute when you try and give me that puppy dog stare. I think that's why I fell for you." Night was so happy his tail was wagging!

"Thanks Aria.", he said with a grin. "I guess I fell for you when I first saw you." Something clicked inside Aria as Night said that. "And I'd gladly be yours. If you'll have me." Aria smiled and scratched his ears again.

"I'd love that.", she said as she kissed him goodbye. Meanwhile, Adagio and Bloomer seemed to be hitting it off pretty well too.

"I never got the chance to ask you Venus. How did you manage to get that flower you gave to me?"

"I'll show you!" Bloomer led her to a field. "I can manipulate and grow plants.", he said as he made a garden of flowers in an instant. Adagio was in awe of how beautiful his work was. "Still, no flower compares with how beautiful you are." Venus them wrapped his arms around Adagio. "Especially when you smile." Adagio was blushing!

"I don't think I've ever met a guy as sweet as you before." Venus smiled as he kissed her.

"And I've not met a girl like you." Venus escorted her home, and gave her a flower before he left. "A little something to remember tonight by." Adagio smiled as she put the flower in a vase to admire it before she went to bed. The next morning, she and Aria woke up and realized they'd gotten their singing voices back while they were in the shower! "Well, it's official. We owe Sonata big time for setting up that date."