• Published 16th Nov 2016
  • 686 Views, 116 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 7: Family Matters - Bahamut0



Burst Stream never knew his father. Ever since he was five, his dad disappeared one night and was presumed dead. Now he's back, and he has a surprise for his son. A step-brother. One who seems to hate Burst's guts and everyone he holds dear.

  • ...
2
 116
 686

Duel 4: Good news, Bad news

"Hey guys!", Burst greeted his friends. "You'll never guess what happened yesterday!"

"Don't keep us in suspense darling!", Rarity encouraged. "Tell us everything!" Burst told them about how his dad had disappeared one night when he was little, and how he had showed up yesterday. "How simply heartwarming!", Rarity said as she blew into a tissue.

"This is great man! I'm happy for you!", Inferno cheered.

"Thanks everyone. But I wish he was the only one who came. He brought my step-brother with him. His name's Blitz Surge."

"What's he like?", Sunset asked.

"Imagine the complete opposite of Burst.", Moon said sternly. "He was pretty rude to Burst and his mom, he tried to make a pass at me, and he was also incredibly arrogant. I've half a mind to make him suffer through the worst possible nightmare I can think of! Fortunately Burst put him in his place after he beat him in a duel."

"Sounds like a real varmint.", Applejack said.

"I don't know why but he seems to hate my guts for some reason. What'd I ever do to him? Well, besides beat him in a duel. The minute he was close to losing he lost his temper!"

"He sounds scary.", Fluttershy said as she hid behind her hair.

"I oughta slug that creep the second I see him!", Rainbow growled.

"I must agree with Rainbow Dash. Such a brute has no business being related to you. Blood or otherwise.", Rarity added.

"He sounds even worse than when Dark Ice was controlled by Dark Mist. Namely because this guy was acting of his own will.", Ace said. "Have you heard him give a speech about getting more power yet? That's always a sign he might be evil."

"Ace, I knew the second I sensed his energy. He's bad news, and it looks like he has a duel partner that reflects that perfectly. And it isn't the Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon he has. He's got something far darker lurking inside him. It was faint, but I could feel it all the same."

"So what's this jerk look like anyway?", Shadow asked.

"Well he's got white hair like me, but his skin is dark grey and he's got the same eye color as me. Why?"

"Because I think he's headed this way.", Starlight said as she pointed to Blitz as he was walking towards them.

"So. These are the low-lives you associate with?", Blitz asked with an emotionless look on his face.

"You know, people might be willing to talk to you more if you weren't so condescending.", Burst said with a frown. "Why are you so much of a grump?" Almost out of nowhere, Pinkie showed up.

"HI! You must be Blitz! Do you like parties because I was planning on.."

"Shut up.", Blitz said coldly. The whole hallway was silent! Nobody had ever been that mean, especially to a nice girl like Pinkie! She started to tear up the moment he said that.

"Alright! That's it! AJ! We're taking this jerk down!", Rainbow charged at him, but Blitz dodged with almost no effort.

"Foolish girl.", he said as Rainbow fell form the momentum of her charge! "You're not worth fighting.", Blitz said with a sneer. His bad attitude was enough to send Fluttershy over the edge!

"That's enough! Just what gives you the right to treat everyone so horribly?! You...", Fluttershy cut off her sentence when Blitz shot her a death glare.

"Go on. Finish. Just know what awaits you should you continue with your pretty little speech.", Blitz said with a vicious smile as he brushed her face with his hand. Fluttershy was terrified! Fortunately, she didn't have to wait long for someone to come to her aid. Burst began advancing toward Blitz, and readied his fist. Pinkie then put on a song that fit the situation.

Song used for ambiance:

Burst punched Blitz so hard he was knocked to the floor. "What's your problem? You've talked down to me, my mom, and my friends!" Blitz just snarled and charged at Burst! But Burst dodged him quickly! "So you show your true colors."

"Shut up!", Blitz snarled as he made another swing at Burst! "I hate that stupid smile of yours! The strength you have disgusts me! You're no champion unless you're alone!"

"I'm sorry you think that. It's lonely at the top Blitz. And I am a champion because I have people to fight for and care about! You're just mad because you feel alone! Calm down, and we can work this out! I don't want to hurt you."

"Tough....I DO!"

"I'm sorry it came to this.", Burst then stood still as Blitz charged at him. He then sent him reeling with one punch! "It's over." Blitz was snarling at Burst as he walked away. He was so enraged that he hadn't even noticed that everyone in the hallway had recorded him! "You can't hide your true self now.", Burst said sternly as he gave him a look of pity.

'Soon. Soon I will destroy you!', Blitz thought with a scowl on his face.