• Published 16th Nov 2016
  • 685 Views, 116 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 7: Family Matters - Bahamut0



Burst Stream never knew his father. Ever since he was five, his dad disappeared one night and was presumed dead. Now he's back, and he has a surprise for his son. A step-brother. One who seems to hate Burst's guts and everyone he holds dear.

  • ...
2
 116
 685

Duel 2: Reunion

"Well that was a fun distraction from the daily grind.", Burst said with a small smile. The rest of the day dragged on, but things looked up when Celestia and Moon met up with him at the school's entrance. "I take it you two would like to head for my house?"

"Quit reading our minds.", Moon quipped. As the three of them headed for Burst's house, Celestia brought up a burning question.

"Burst? I've noticed something. It was when you enrolled. You don't seem to have any father. Did...something happen?" For the first time, Burst's face actually looked sad.

"When I was five, my dad disappeared from my life. He didn't walk out, or cheat on my mom, he just up and disappeared on trip for work. The police presumed him dead, but despite that I still grew up pretty happy. This is the first time I've ever told anyone.", Burst said with a sad smile. Celestia and Moon held him tight.

"It must have been hard.", Celestia said. "How did you get past the fact you might never see him again?"

"Nothing I could say or do would bring him back, and I realized that he'd want me to be happy. And I know I've got good friends, and even better girlfriends to stand by me.", Burst said with a loving smile.

"You know Burst, if you showed me a picture of him I could give all the time you never had with him in your dreams.", Moon offered.

"I appreciate that Moon, but I've moved on. It's better this way." The three of them arrived at Burst's house, but Burst noticed that a car was parked in front of his home. An expensive looking one by the looks of it. "I don't think Pegasus planned another surprise visit...", Burst said as he went to the door. His mom opened it, but she had tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. "Mom? What happened?!"

"It's..see for yourself..", she said barely containing her tears while she was positively glowing. Burst entered his home, and found two people waiting for him. One was a boy about his age with short hair styled in a spiky look. And the other was an older man. One who looked like...

"Burst...", the man said as he went up to get a better look at Burst."How long was I gone? You're all grown up..." Burst's heart was pounding. Before him stood a man he hadn't seen in thirteen years. One he had thought long since passed.

"D-dad?", Burst said as his voice cracked. "Is...is it you?" Burst pulled his dad into a hug. "I thought you were dead! Where were you?"

"Well it started on that night I vanished from your life. I was on a trip for work and our boat sank. Then a woman found me, and took me in. She got me up on my feet again, and I found a job at Kaiba Corp.'s divison here in Canterlot. Eventually I married the woman who helped me, and I also became the father of her son. Burst, meet your step-brother. Blitz Surge." The boy stood up. He had the same eyes and hair color as Burst, but his skin was a very dark grey and his hair was styled in a look that was identical to Vergil's from Devil May Cry.

"Hey bro!", Burst greeted. However, he was met with a cold stare from Blitz and a nearly emotionless response.

"Likewise."

"Anyway Burst, Mom tells me you've become quite the duelist! You're the current and reigning champion if I've heard right!", Burst's dad said with a proud smile.

"It's all true!", Burst beamed. "I've won Duelist Kingdom and Battle City! But I don't plan on becoming king of games. That honor belongs solely to Yugi Moto."

"Hmph. How foolish.", Blitz said. He then turned his gaze to Moon. "Pleased to make your acquaintance.", he said as he gave Moon a longing gaze.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", Moon asked.

"I'm attracted to power. And I can sense much coming from you. My step-brother wouldn't mind if I borrowed his friend for a bit would he? I'd love to get to know you better."

"He would.", Moon said sternly. "Me and Celestia here are his girlfriends. And while your offer is flattering, I must decline. I'm happy with Burst."

"What could a whelp like him give you that I can't?"

"That's enough Blitz.", Burst's father said. "We're not even here for an hour and you've decided to insult my son, your step-brother. I don't expect you to like him, but I do want you to respect him."

"A commoner such as him and the old maid that's his mother? They're beneath me.", Blitz said arrogantly. "And as for you 'brother', I've heard you use a Blue Eyes deck?"

"That's right. He's my favorite monster, and one of my most trusted friends." Blitz let out a chuckle. "What's so funny?"

"The fact you view your monsters as your friends. All they are is tools for power. That's all I see my Blue Eyes as. How could someone so soft like you be a champion?"

"Maybe his kindness is his strength.", Celestia said defensively. "It doesn't hurt to treat your monsters as friends. It's because of his bond with Blue Eyes that Burst has saved the world."

"Really?", Burst's father asked. "My son the hero. Who would've thought. I take it you've saved the world at the tournaments you've won?"

"Yup. The first one I had to destroy the villain, but at the second one I was able to save the villain and give him a fresh start."

"You should have left him to his fate.", Blitz said coldly.

"That's enough Blitz!", Burst's father scolded. "You've been disrespectful for all the time we've been here! I'm so sorry all of you. You've been insulted for long enough. We'll take our leave."

"No dad. Not yet.", Burst said. "I wanna see how good my step-bro here is at dueling. Maybe he just needs to be humbled and he'll mellow out."

"Duel an amateur like you? Fine. I'll prove you aren't the champion with my superior mastery of Blue Eyes!" The two went outside and activated their duel disks.

Burst: 8000
Blitz: 8000

"You're the guest, so you get to go first.", Burst said firmly.

"A foolish mistake.", Blitz said with a smirk. "I play Kaiser Sea Horse in attack mode, then I activate Swords of Revealing Light! I end my turn."

"I draw! I reveal one Blue Eyes in my hand to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative! Then I play Twin Twisters! By discarding one card, I can destroy up to two spell and trap cards on the field! And I choose your Swords of Revealing Light! Now I play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive the Blue Eyes I sent to the graveyard! Now I'll attack your monster with Alternative and attack you directly with Blue Eyes! White Lightning!" Blitz was shocked when his defense crumbled and he felt the force of Burst's attacks! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

Burst: 8000
Blitz: 3700

"How could scum like you deal me so much damage?!", Blitz growled.

"Heh. For that cool demeanor you had, you're actually quite the hot-head aren't you?", Burst said jokingly. "Come on dude! It's only a game!"

"Fool.", Blitz said coldly. "I play Chaos Form! I tribute Blue Eyes White Dragon from my hand to ritual summon Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Destroy Alternative! Chaos Burst!" Burst braced himself as Blue Eyes Alternative was destroyed! "I'll end my turn by setting a card face-down. There's not a monster in your deck that could best Chaos MAX.", Blitz said with an arrogant sneer.

Burst: 7000
Blitz: 3700

"The duel's not over until the last card's drawn! I draw! I play Cards of Consonance to discard White Stone of Ancients and draw two cards! just what I need! I play Harmony Absolute! I tribute the Blue Eyes on my field to bring out Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon!"

"WHAT? What is this?!"

"You'll see!" A humanoid looking Blue Eyes descended from the heavens clad in platinum armor with gems on the armor of his wings and helmet. "Meet Blue Eyes Absolute! Once he's on the field he gains 300 attack for each monster in my graveyard! There's three in my grave, so he gain 900 attack points bringing him to 5900! Attack Chaos MAX! Absolute Neutron Blast!"

"I activate Magic Cylinder! Now you'll take his attack points as damage!"

"I don't think so!" Blue Eyes Absolute knocked Magic Cylinder out of the way like a toy!

"What?! How is this possible?!"

"Blue Eyes Absolute is immune to all card effects!" Blitz braced himself as Chaos MAX was destroyed and he took damage! "I end my turn."

Burst: 7000
Blitz: 1600

"Impossible! No one has ever pushed me this far back!"

"First time for everything.", Burst said with a kind smile. "Just try having fun!"

"Spare me your prattle! I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn! Your monster may be immune to all card effects, but it can't breach defenses!"

"I wouldn't be too sure. Blue Eyes Absolute inflicts piercing damage if he destroys a defense mode monster! Let's end this Blue Eyes!"

"NOOOO!", Blitz screamed as his life points dropped to zero. Blitz scowled as he got into the car.

"You were kind to him even when he was vicious to you.", Burst's father said with a smile. "That alone makes you a true champion. I'll see you again soon Burst."

"Bye Dad. It was nice having you back in my life.", Burst said with a smile as he hugged his father goodbye. Blitz scowled as he watched the exchange. And as they left, Blitz's mind was stirring with dark thoughts.

'So you're the one who had that powerful Blue Eyes aura 'brother'? I refuse to believe that you're that strong! I will have my revenge for the humiliation you caused me! Mark my words, you will fall at my hands!'

Author's Note:

Blitz Stream is a new OC I created. Think of him as the exact opposite of Burst.