• Published 16th Nov 2016
  • 686 Views, 116 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 7: Family Matters - Bahamut0



Burst Stream never knew his father. Ever since he was five, his dad disappeared one night and was presumed dead. Now he's back, and he has a surprise for his son. A step-brother. One who seems to hate Burst's guts and everyone he holds dear.

  • ...
2
 116
 686

Duel 8: A Calm Before the Storm

"Hmmm. Something's not right.", Burst said with a serious look on his face.

"What's up Burst?", Inferno asked.

"It's been days since I beat Blitz in the hallway. And since then, we haven't seen any activity from him."

"Maybe you drove him out?", Sunset asked hopefully.

"I don't think so. I can tell he's not one to quit easily. I could see it in how savage he became when I fought him. I can't shake the feeling he's planning something. And whatever it is, it can't be good."

"You don't have to go it alone Burst. We're ready to fight alongside you all the way.", Ace said with a smile.

"Thanks everyone.", Burst said with a small smile. Soon Ace got a text from Ice telling him he was waiting at the front of the school. "It'll be nice to see Ice again. That should take our minds off of Blitz for a moment." The group went to meet Ice, but when they got to the front of the school they found him wounded!

"Ice, what happened?!", Ace said in shock.

"Burst...your step brother sends his regards...", Ice said weakly. Ice was rushed to the nurse's office, and he was patched up in almost no time. "Thanks for getting me fixed up. That duel was the most painful I've ever fought. I barely won..."

"Ice. What happened?", Burst asked. Ice's face turned serious as he recounted his duel against Blitz Surge.

Earlier that day...

"I sense a powerful dark monster had bonded with you as well.", Blitz said with a smirk. "Why not join me? I'm sure we could make every duelist fear us."

"No thanks.", Ice spat. "You know, darkness doesn't have to be evil. Red Dragon and I are proof of that. You could try to change."

"I don't want to.", Blitx said with a sneer. "In fact I enjoy causing pain to those beneath me! But the one duelist I want to destroy is Burst! And since you seem to be his friend, you'll be the one to send the message of my vengeance!" Blitz then activated his duel disk.

"If you want to hurt my friends, you're gonna have to get past me first!" Ice activated his duel disk!

Ice: 8000
Blitz: 8000

"I've got the first move.", Blitz said. "I summon Vanguard of the Fallen Dragon! I end my turn." A black dragon wielding a spear with a jagged edge appeared on the field. But the odd thing was that it had no attack or defense points. "I end my turn."

'Why would he summon a monster with no attack points in attack mode?', Ice thought to himself. "If that's the case, I special summon Kaiser Vorse Raider since I don't control any monsters! Now I summon Phantom King Hydride! I tune my Phantom King with Vorse Raider to synchro summon Red Dragon Archfiend! Destroy Vanguard of the Fallen Dragon! Absolute Power Force!" Blitz smiled as his monster was destroyed. "I'll set a card and end my turn."

Ice: 8000
Blitz: 5000

"Since you destroyed my vanguard, his ability activates! I can add a dark dragon type monster to my hand! Just as planned.", Blitz said as he added the card he wanted. "Now I summon Fallen Dragon Maiden in attack mode and end my turn." A female monster that appeared human with a black dress appeared on the field. Like Vanguard, this monster had no attack or defense points.

"This is too weird...", Ice said as he drew a card. "I'll attack your monster! Absolute Power Force!" Maiden was destroyed in a blast of flame!

"I don't like this Ice. I can literally taste the darkness coming from this guy.", Red Dragon said.

"I see it to Red. I set a card and end my turn."

Ice: 8000
Blitz: 2000

"And now it ends.", Blitz said with an evil smile. "Now that Maiden was destroyed, I can special summon a dark dragon-type monster from my hand! I summon Blue Eyes Darkness Dragon!" A horrifying roar was heard as a large black dragon descended from the sky. It's wings were tattered and worn. And its eyes were a haunting shade of dark blue, and seemed to radiate evil intent as it stared coldly at Red Dragon Archfiend. "Now his effect activates! I bet you're wondering why I summoned monsters with no attack or defense points? Simple. Blue Eyes Darkness Dragon gains attack points equal to the difference in our life points! Bringing him to 9000! Attack Red Dragon Archfiend! Dark Burst!" A blast of dark purple energy was fired from Blue Eyes Darkness Dragon!

"Not so fast! I activate Mirror Force! This'll stop your attack and destroy your monster!"

"I don't think so! Blue Eyes Darkness can't be destroyed by card effects!" Blue Eyes Darkness continued his attack undeterred! Ice braced himself for the damage headed his way, but was shocked to see Red Dragon was still standing! And he looked like he was in pain! "I end my turn. As for why your dragon is still standing, Blue Eyes Darkness doesn't destroy monsters. He makes them suffer by halving their attack points! But once he attacks, his attack points go back to normal.", Blitz said with a sadistic smile. The battle damage had Ice pretty roughed up Ice a bit, but he wasn't finished yet.

Ice: 2000
Blitz: 2000

"At least we're even in terms of life points. I switch Red Dragon into defense mode and end my turn."

"That won't save you. Attack him again! When Blue Eyes Darkness attacks a defense mode monster he deals piercing damage!"

"Aaagggh!", Red Dragon groaned in pain as he was hit with another blast of dark energy!

"I end my turn.", Blitz said with a dark smile. "Your pain is just beginning."

Ice: 1500
Blitz: 2000

Ice was panicking, but then he noticed a rainbow-colored flash go off on the top of his deck. "Huh?", Ice said as he drew the card. His eyes turned dragonic. "Just what I need! I play the spell card Synchro Harmony! This lets me send a tuner monster from my hand, deck or field and non-tuner monsters from my hand, deck or field, or banish them from my graveyard for a synchro summon! I'll send a tuner from my deck and Red Dragon on my field and tune them! Come on out! Red Dragon Archfiend Ascended!" Red Dragon emerged from a pillar of flame wearing brilliant scarlet armor and boasting 4500 attack points. At the same time, Ice sprouted wings like Red Dragon Archfiend's! "Red Dragon Ascended can't be target or destroyed by card effects! Destroy Blue Eyes Darkness Dragon! Ascension Power Force!"

"You just got burned!", Red Dragon roared as he wrapped his fist in flames and decimated Blue Eyes Darkness Dragon with a mighty punch!

"I end my turn."

Ice: 1500
Blitz: 500

"Blast! I forfeit!", Blitz hissed as he began to teleport away. "Give Burst this message! This is only the beginning!" And he vanished without a trace.

Now...

"And that's how we got here.", Ice said as he finished retelling his duel. "I tell you Burst. This guy is rotten to the core."

"And we thought he was bad when he first showed up!", Sunset said with a worried look on her face.

"Looks like his monster reflects how ruthless he is.", Gold added.

"I say we find Blitz and teach him a lesson!", Rainbow said.

"How could someone do something this horrible?", Fluttershy cried as she helped clean up Ice.

"This guy's bad news Burst. I knew it from the second I looked at him. He's pure evil!", Inferno said.

"So what're we gonna do?", Ace asked.

"We take Blitz down.", Burst said firmly. Everyone was shocked! They'd never seen Burst this angry before! "He's attacked one of my friends, and he's made it clear he's got no intent of changing his ways. And he's acting of his own will. Not like when Ice was controlled by Dark Mist." Burst then sighed. "I just wish there was another way, but I can't let him hurt anyone else. It's time to duel."