• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 8,280 Views, 348 Comments

Lake of Reflection - Richer19



My first shipping story. Rated T for Twixie with some mentor Luna.

  • ...
26
 348
 8,280

Chapter 21: The Trouble with a BB

Apologizes for the lateness but finals are a real pain in my butt.

Chapter 21: The Trouble with a BB

“Are you sure that this is a good idea Twilight?” Trixie asked with a hesitant tone. Twilight and she were currently riding the train heading to Canterlot. The reason being was that Twilight had insistent on letting her parents know that she was currently dating and that it was with a mare. Of course when Twilight told her about it, she felt a sense of fear inside of her. Trixie stills remember the kinds of connections that her marefriend had and the thought of spending time in the dungeon cause her to shiver a bit.

The train ride wasn't that interesting and Trixie was more interested in looking out at the wonderful view that was provided. She could see Ponyville off in the distance in addition to the Everfree forest that even from where she was at still gave a sense of dread to it.

Her mind started to wonder a bit and she eventually started to reflect on her relationship with Twilight. She was actually rather surprised that it had been going as smoothly as it did, considering all that has happened. She would have at least expected to have been forced to explain where she had gotten the Saddle of Servitude but the topic never seemed to come up. In fact, none of Twilight’s friends had any sort of negative response to them being together, but then they weren't exactly going public with it just yet. Twilight was clear in the sense that she wanted to make sure that her family was okay with this before making that known to her friends which was something that she understood.

Twilight was also lost in her thoughts as she started at Trixie, her own thoughts amidst with conflict. She was unsure as to why she was acting in such an odd behavior whenever she was with Trixie and her usually logical mind was unable to slow down the feeling of bliss that seems to control her. Twilight had to admit to herself that she hadn't read too many romantic stories so she was in an unfamiliar experience that was now starting to make her question the true strength of their relationship. Sure they shared their first kiss by that lake but now that reality was catching up, she was starting to panic.

Before that panic became a real issue, the conductor’s voice sounded in the speakers with the whistle of the train following close behind. The two mares were snapped out of their thoughts as they felt the train slowing down before stopping at the Canterlot station. While other ponies were gathering their belonging, Twilight and Trixie made their way off the train and out of the station. Once out, Trixie let out a gasp of wonder.

It was her first time in Canterlot and the sheer beauty of the city managed to take her breath away. The building felt rich and powerful that had an odd effect on her. It made Trixie feel as if she was nothing more than a stain on some fancy dress, especially considering when she got her first real look at the Canterlot citizens.

It was considered strange for a pony to wear clothes on a normal day, but all around her she saw colts and mares dolled up in various fashions that were both familiar and exotic to the showmare. All of them appeared to have their muzzles pointed at the sky, like they were uninterested in what was around them. It was hard to imagine that Twilight was born in a city like that, considering that she didn't seem to have the kind of mannerism that the nobles have.

Before she had a chance to reflect on this more, Twilight said, “Come on Trixie. We’re going to be late for lunch with my parents.” Trixie was snapped out of her thoughts and notice the librarian staring at her from a few feet away. Trixie nodded in understanding and followed the purple unicorn as they navigated the busy streets of Canterlot.

As they were walking, Trixie continued to explore the sights with curiosity and wonder. It was always an interesting feeling coming into town for the first time, excited by the prospect of interacting with a new crowd and seeing what was considered popular. Trixie noticed various fine dining areas as well as more lower class food areas. However, it was obvious that the higher class dining options was in larger numbers then there lower class counterparts. Occasionally, Twilight would make mention of a place where she would do her homework or having a special memory tied to it.

It was then that the two mares stopped in front of a rather impressive looking tower. The tower was constructed of white marble like the others but it had a kind of purplish hue to it that made it slightly different. It appeared to be made of four levels judging from how the windows were placed and there was also a mailbox that had a star symbol that was almost similar to the large star on Twilight Cutie Mark.

Now that they were here, Trixie felt her fears start to rise again. She remembers hearing rumors during her travels about how the Canterlot Elite are still wrapped up in tradition and how far they would go to preserve it. The concept of a mare/mare relationship might cause a rather negative response from Twilight’s parents. Of course, Twilight would be somewhat safe but Trixie wouldn't have such a luxury. Already she could feel her legs starting to lock up and her heart starting to quicken in tempo.

Twilight notice the way Trixie was acting and place a comforting hoof on her shoulder. The warm touch from Twilight was managing to calm Trixie’s heart as she stared into the purple eyes that manage to bind her better then chains. Twilight then said in a gentle tone, “It’s alright Trixie. My parents aren't that bad. I’m sure that they would approve of us being together.”

Trixie heard what Twilight had said and it managed to relax her body somewhat. She was glad at that moment that Twilight had such an effect on her; otherwise she might have been rooted to the spot like a tree…or Fluttershy whenever she gets scared. Trixie took some calming breaths before letting Twilight know that she was ready with a simple nod. Twilight copied the movement and the two mares made their way to the door side by side.

Twilight opened the door to reveal a well furnished living room that had a large sofa, some chairs, and bookshelves that were filled with books. There were also two stands that had what appeared to have various awards on them. No doubt that one of them belonged to Twilight and Trixie was somewhat curious to get a closer look but had to put that in the back of her mind when she heard Twilight say, “Mom, Dad!”

Trixie looked over and saw Twilight embracing two unicorns. One of them had a white coat with an alternating purple and white mane while the other had a blue coat with a darker blue mane. From what Trixie knew of overall appearance, she guessed that the white coat unicorn was Twilight’s mother while the blue unicorn was her dad. The sight of such a family reunion had managed to cause a lump to form in Trixie throat for a moment. Still, she tried to calm her nerves as she waited for them to finish so Twilight could get on with the news. However, the moment that Trixie thought they were going to be done, she saw two more ponies coming down some stairs. The sight of them left Trixie in disbelief.

The first was obviously a stallion and the formed muscles in his legs could indicate that he either had trained in the guard or was use to hard working conditions. He had a white coat, similar to Twilight’s mother, and also had the same alternating color mane like her as well those his was a clear blue. It was the second pony that had caught Trixie attention. There was no hiding the sight of the rare combination of wings and a horn that mark her as an alicorn. Her pink coat appeared to have an inner glow to it and her different shades of pink mane appeared to be flawless. She also had a kind of grace and aura about her that made Trixie feel like she was lacking in some way. Twilight appeared to show no signs of awe as she freely ran up to them and greet them in a similar fashion.

Trixie had to admit that she didn't want to believe all that Twilight had said about her family and her connections to royalty. However, after seeing this, she felt more incline to accept that Twilight was telling the truth. She wanted to ponder this further but was interrupted when Twilight’s father asked “So…who might you be?”

Before Trixie had a chance to answer, Twilight said in a raised voice “That’s Trixie Dad. She’s the ‘special somepony’ that I told you about in the letter I sent you.”

The room became silent as the dead as Trixie felt eight questioning gazes directed at her. She silently wished that she knew the trick to becoming invisible so she could escape from this awkward situation. It took a moment before Twilight realized the lack of congratulations that were supposed to have happened and notice all the blank stares.

Twilight’s mom gave a quiet cough to try and break the ice before saying “Well…congratulations dear. I had…uh…hoped you would…um…find somepony to share life with.” Twilight dad didn't say anything but merely nodded his head in agreement to his wife’s answer.

The alicorn then said in a tone that tried to mask her surprise “That is wonderful news Twilight. We should have something special for dinner tonight to celebrate.”

“I’m leaving”, the white stallion said in a very neutral tone before walking towards the door. He appeared to ignore any questions directed at him. However, he did pause long enough for Trixie to look into his eyes. All she saw was a look that made her feel like she nothing. Such a look was hard for her to maintain and she was forced to break eye contact and focus her attention on the floor. She vaguely heard the sound of the door opening and closing, leaving behind a distraught magician, a confused student, and the tired sighs coming from three mouths.
Once again, I apologize for the lateness but finals will do that to people. I do have another story that I’m working on if you are interested.