• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 8,279 Views, 348 Comments

Lake of Reflection - Richer19



My first shipping story. Rated T for Twixie with some mentor Luna.

  • ...
26
 348
 8,279

Chapter 1: Secret Pickup

First of all, thank you all so much for the positive feedback. I really do appreciate it. I was a little surprise at the amount of people taking interest in this story already. Second, and this is very important message, as of this moment I am currently looking for someone to assist me as an editor. Basically I am looking for someone to make these chapters legible. If you are willing to assist me to make future chapters better, then send me a P.M. Other then that, here is the next chapter.

Chapter 1: Secret Pickup

Canterlot: A few months ago

Twilight was walking down the familiar streets of Canterlot. Her mind was focused on the business that she needed to complete before the day was over. To most of the ponies who were out and about at this time wouldn't have noticed anything strange about that. However, behind that look of focus work was a layer of confused emotions the likes of which Twilight had never experienced before. It was like she was taking the Entrance Exam but magnified to a point where it was starting to affect her other work. Even her friends seem to notice the rather odd behavior but when asked about it, Twilight merely replied that she was just dealing with some extra work from the Princess.

"It wasn't a total lie to her friends" Twilight reminded herself as she navigated the streets. She had been doing extra work in her library home but it wasn't for the Princess. Rather, she was trying to figure out the cause of these strange emotions that have been plaguing her mind. Twilight expected their to be a rather simple answer hidden within the vast collection of books that she had but all she was able to find out was that she was either going crazy or falling for somepony. Neither of which were comforting for the purple unicorn.

Then, if the strange emotions weren't bad enough, Twilight was also experiencing very odd dreams at night. They first started out as just flashes of images that would appear at random times on random days but then they started to get more and more detailed until she became lost in their nighttime spell. In these dreams, she would be standing around in someplace that was not her bed. It would either be a moonlit hill or a sunset beach or even back in her library's main floor. Before she could have a chance to process this new location, her body would turn on its own accord and her eyes would rest upon the same pony who always seems to haunt her dreams...Trixie.

She was without her cape and hat, but it only serve to give Twilight a sense that Trixie was naked. Her mane was usually flatten and wet which would cling onto her coat. Her eyes seem to become abysses to Twilight, loosing herself in their hypnotic gaze. Slowly, the showmare would approach the confused and nervous purple unicorn; her movements appearing to glide across the room. Twilight of course would be lost in the way her body was moving; how each of her curves were etched and defined as if chiseled by a master sculptor. She would notice how Trixie's fur was also wet, only furthering the purple unicorn attraction towards her blue counterpart. Before Twilight could form a sentence, Trixie was nearly muzzle to muzzle. The dream Trixie never touched the purple unicorn but Twilight was already imaging what it would feel like to have that warm, wet coat brushing up against her own. Trixie's scent was flowing into Twilight's nose; the addicting smell, though unknown to Twilight, was already clouding her mind and making her fall more and more into a love struck haze. It was then that Trixie would say in a voice that Twilight had never heard from her but didn't care at the time"Are you ready Twi?" The dream Trixie would always call her 'Twi' and Twilight didn't mind at all. She enjoyed that name and managed to break her clouded thoughts to replied in a drunken slur "Dazzle me Trix." That was the name Twilight gave to Trixie and she saw the small almost hidden smile from the blue unicorn which let her know that she enjoyed hearing Twilight say that name. Slowly, Trixie moved her muzzle towards Twilight, ready to take the first step.

But it never happen. The dream would be shatter by then, leaving a painting confused unicorn in her bed with sweat sticking to her fur and hopeless frustration. It eventually got to the point where she almost threw away the only mementos she had of the boastful unicorn. However, she would remind herself that she had sent those items to somepony that she trusted with them.

Now she was back in Canterlot. Her mission was to pick up those mementos from the pony that she knew would be able to handle them. In fact, she was so lost in thought with what had been going on these last few weeks that she failed to realized that she was already here. Her destination was a rather simple fashion shop that was run by a vary nice colt named Weaver. He wasn't the most successful or well-known fashion pony in Canterlot but he has earned a reputation for be fair minded, good with robes, and most importantly the value of customer privacy. His shop, compare to Rarity's and most of Canterlot, was bland and simple and would pass over the eyes of most of the higher noble ponies. Still, he managed to get enough business to make due and he was a pleasent colt.

Twilight opened the door to his shop, starting to feel a little guilty for lying to her friends and acting like it she was part of some kind of illegal sugar cube smuggling ring. She glaces around the store, taking notice of all the dresses and suits that were on display, though the largest were by far the hats and robes. It was then that a male voice said "Well if it isn't Twilight Sparkle. To what do I owe the pleasure."Twilight gave a small yelp of surprise as she found herself facing the store owner Weaver. Weaver was a unicorn pony who might have been considered attractive when he was younger but is now starting to show signs of age. Still, his blue eyes still sparked with kindness and energy and provided a wave of comfort to Twilight's confused heart. Weaver then said "Oh man, did I scare you Twilight?" Twilight replied "A little..." She regain control of her nerves and body and continued "I'm here to pick up my order. Your letter said it was ready."

Weaver gave a slight nod of his head and made his way to the back of his shop where he did his business transaction. He reached underneath the counter and pulled out a simple brown box tied with a red ribbon. He placed it on the counter and said "This was a rather...interesting cape and hat you brought to me Twilight."

Ever curious, Twilight asked "What do you mean? It looks like some of the capes you have on display here." However, Weaver shook his head in disagreement and replied "The stitching used on the main part of the cape was done in Canterlot silk with the stars made using a type of material you could only find in the Land of No Water. The hat was also done in the same way. I've done my best but there was only so much material I had in stock." His face got a little more serious and said "Whoever designed this cape and hat wanted whoever was wearing it to feel very special. You don't use Canterlot silk on anything except when making a dress for the Princess."

Twilight's eyes widen a bit as she stare at the box in front of her. Her brain was now imaging all sorts of scenarios of how Trixie would have acquired such a rare and valuable cape and hat. Most of them were bad. With those thoughts still in her head, she said nothing as she paid for the repair job and made her way out of the shop and back to Ponyville with Trixie's rare and expensive cape and hat tucked away in the box in her saddlebag.
As I stated before, I would really appreciate anyone who is willing to assist me as my editor. Let me know if your interested by P.M.