• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 8,272 Views, 348 Comments

Lake of Reflection - Richer19



My first shipping story. Rated T for Twixie with some mentor Luna.

  • ...
26
 348
 8,272

Chapter 19: The Cake of Forgiveness by PonyPuffy2012

I’m actually kind of surprised that not a lot of people are offering ideas. Is it because you all just want to read what happens or is it because I’m not that well known on the site? Is the reason being that I’m not giving anyone enough time to submit an idea? Please let me know what you think of this so far.

Chapter 19: The Cake of Forgiveness

“I don’t know what to do anymore Pinkie! It’s been a week and I still haven’t seen Trixie anywhere in town.” Twilight lamented to her hyperactive friend. Twilight was currently occupying a table with a barely touched cupcake in front of her.

Pinkie was sitting across from her studious friend and was trying to figure out a way to get her frown upside down. However, not even her favorite treat seemed to be able to break the bad cloud that was over her head.

Not many ponies knew this but Pinkie was actually a rather good listener. Most ponies just see her as a pony hyped up on sugar that enjoys throwing parties but its moments like these that show off a different side of the pink mare that was actually quite surprising. Her normally puffy mane had lost some of its puffiness after hearing Twilight’s situation and she found herself remembering how she felt when her first crush left her all those years ago. However, this wasn't the time to be dwelling on the past. She needed to be here in the present to help Twilight.

The only problem was the fact that she didn't really know what to do. Pinkie knew that Rarity was helping the purple unicorn in understanding her feelings so she found it rather weird to hear her ask for help.

Still, as much as she thought herself inexperienced in this area; Twilight was reaching out for help and Pinkie Pie isn't a pony whose about to turn down a friend in need. As fast as her sugar charged mind was capable of, Pinkie started to brainstorm ideas to help Twilight.

Eventually, a particular memory popped in her mind like a balloon and the pink earth pony shouted “That it!”

Twilight was shocked out of her despair and said in a confused tone “What is?”

Pinkie didn't say a word but instead rushed into the kitchen faster than Twilight could blink. The moment that Twilight’s brain was able to register the fact that Pinkie was gone, the doors to the kitchen opened to reveal said earth pony. However, she was now carrying a rather…odd book on her back. With practice skill, the party pony managed to balance the book while making her way towards the table where Twilight was at. She put the book down on the table and said “This is exactly what you need.”

Twilight, a little skeptical at the moment, replied “A…book?” Pinkie didn't say anything but rather motion for Twilight to take a closer look. Twilight gave a tired sigh before decided to at least look at the book that was in front of her.

The book was old. There was no denying that due to the fact that Twilight was able to see the wearing of the cover and the ageing of the parchment. However, the book appeared to be in decent condition and Twilight read the title to find that the book was called “Magical Recipes”.

Twilight looked up at Pinkie Pie and said “Pinkie…how is a cookbook suppose to help me apologize to Trixie?”

Pinkie gave a quick giggle of delight and said “Oh Twilight, this isn't any ordinary cook book filled with ordinary recipes.” To demonstrate, Pinkie opened the book to a random page and Twilight looked inside to read. What she saw baffled her.

The page that she was looking at show what appeared to be a rather simple looking single layer cake with strawberries. However, the directions and ingredients were nothing like she had seen in any cookbook before. They called for things that were considered very powerful herbs and spices to even the essence of magic. Twilight took a glance at the name of this particular recipe and saw that it was called “The Lying Cake” and underneath the name was a description that said “Make honest tongues twist and truth to be silence. This cake has the power, when consume, to make any pony bend the truth without regard.”

Twilight was shocked to find such a creation could be created and looked up at the pink earth pony to ask her where she got such a book. However, before she got the chance, Pinkie said “But I sure you wouldn't want a lying cake right. I mean whoever heard of a cake that lies anyway. Just imagine you were about to eat a cake when somepony said ‘that cake is a lie’; wouldn't that be funny.” Pinkie had a moment of a giggle fit before turning the pages of the book and saying “Now this is the recipe you want.”

Twilight looked at the recipe and saw that there wasn't even a picture to the book. Instead, the two pages were filled with the directions and ingredients on how to make whatever this dessert was. Twilight took a glance at the title and saw that it read “Cake of Forgiveness” With mild hesitant; Twilight brought her eyes towards the description and read “It’s easy to forget and move on, but it’s harder to forgive. There will be times when you've done wrong to others or others have done wrong to you. When life has you weighted down with regret, the magic of forgiveness may be the key to friendship.” Twilight then notice that there was some kind of note that was under the description that read “Be in the knowing that this magic will work when both victims have eaten the whole cake and they must eat the color of the other.”

Twilight had to admit to herself that she was torn. One part of her was denying the fact that something as simple as cake would be able to restore the relationship she had with Trixie while the other part of her was willing to try just about anything at this point. She knew what she was about to ask was going to sound silly but she couldn't stop herself from saying “Is this possible?”

Pinkie nodded her head and replied “Of course Twilight. I remember when the Cakes had a problem and Mr. Cake asked me to help him make this cake. When they finished eating it all, it was like they were just married all over again.”

Twilight was still in denial about this whole ‘miracle cake’ but more and more she found herself wanted to put her faith that it would be able to make amends with Trixie. With a somewhat heavy heart, Twilight said “Alright Pinkie…let’s make a cake.”

Normally, Pinkie would be her usual giggle self but she was able to recognize the tone that was present with her friend. Slowly, she was made aware of how deep Twilight’s feelings were for Trixie and that seemed to cause her own hyper self to be suppressed. Pinkie, now more than ever, knew that her friend’s happiness was on the line here and she needed to be on her game if this was going to work.

However, Pinkie said “There is just one thing Twi. You can’t use any kind of magic while making this cake.” That piece of information caught Twilight by surprised and was about to ask why when Pinkie added “The magic in the cake is a special kind of magic that can’t be copied with fancy wings or horns. Some ponies like to call it ‘earth magic’ but it’s not just reserved for earth ponies. We just happened to be more attuned with it.”

Twilight wanted to inquire further but she knew that time wasn't exactly on her side at the moment. So she merely nodded her head in agreement and the two ponies made their way to the kitchen.

What happened next was a blur to the purple unicorn. She couldn't recall what had happened while she was in that kitchen and the only thing she was aware was the instructions from Pinkie and the smell of ingredients. Occasionally there was a flash of light that dazed her with their different colors, though the most prominent were purple and blue.

So it came to a surprise for the purple unicorn when Pinkie said “The cake is in the oven now. It might be a good idea to get the gift that you want to give to Trixie. The cake will be done when you get back.” Twilight nodded her head and made her way towards her library.

Twilight was nervous about what was going to happen but she couldn't doubt that it felt like her entire existence rested on what happens when she goes and apologizes to Trixie. Worry and doubt were present in her mind of course but that didn't stop her from making her way back to the library and retrieving the cape and hat before making her way back to the bakery.

Upon arriving there, she found Pinkie was already waiting outside with a box in her mouth. It didn't take Twilight long to realize that the contents of the box was in fact the cake. Pinkie took one glance at the cape and hat before giving the box to Twilight and saying “Good luck.” Twilight nodded her head and made off towards Fluttershy’s cottage.

The walk there was uneventful but tense as Twilight felt her worry and the fear reaching unbearable levels upon seeing the cottage. She notice that Fluttershy was outside attending to some animals so Twilight made her way over to her and said “Hello Fluttershy. Is Trixie inside?”

Fluttershy merely nodded her head in agreement. Twilight gave a quick thank you before making her way over to the door and knocking. From the inside, she heard Trixie’s voice say “Fluttershy? Is that you?”

Twilight replied “Trixie? It’s me, Twilight. Can you open the door please?” Twilight wasn't expecting much but it came to her surprise to find the door opening slightly to reveal those familiar eyes.

Though there was something that was off about those eyes. Rather than showing a usual curiosity there was now a harder edge. They looked at Twilight with a critical gaze as if waiting to see what the purple unicorn was going to say. Twilight was feeling a little nervous while under that piercing gaze and said in a quiet tone “Trixie…I know what I did was very wrong of me. So I got something that I wanted to give to you…since it does belong to you after all.”

Trixie was slightly curious by what Twilight was talking about until she saw a sight that she had thought she would never see again. It was her stage outfit, freshly made without any signs of wear or tear in it. Trixie started to feel overcome with inner joy at the sight of such a familiar cape and hat. Trixie opened the door completely and said in a relief but joyful tone “Come on in Twilight.”

Twilight happily accepted the invitation and made her way inside. Once inside, she saw that Trixie appeared no worse than she had thought. The only difference being the air of uncertainty that was around her. Still, Twilight was feeling optimistic at this point and said in a cheerful tone “I also got a cake to share with you.”

Trixie was a little surprised that she didn't notice the box that was floating in Twilight’s magical grip but decided to blame that on the fact that she was still in awe about seeing her old costume again. The two mares made their way to the couch and managed to get settled down before Twilight decided to open the box.

What they saw had an instant effect on them. The cake was single layered but was slightly larger than they had thought. The cake was frosted with two colors, one a light shade of blue and the other dark purple. The room was filled with a pleasant aroma that caused all the worry and stress to just empty from their bodies. Trixie noticed that the purple side was facing her and decided to get the first slice of cake.

The moment that sliced touched her lips; her mind was assaulted by a mixture of strange emotions. She felt regret mixed in with sadness and depression. On her second bite, she started to see visions of Twilight curled up in her bed and was able to hear her soft crying. It was then that Trixie realized that she was seeing what Twilight had been experiencing since that incident in front of that bakery. Twilight on the other hoof, was now truly feeling the internal war that was raging inside her crush’s heart. She could see that one Trixie was close to overpowering the other but something was holding it back.

As the two unicorns continued to eat the magical cake; they reveled in the memories of the other. Trixie was experiencing the time when Twilight was attending school while Twilight was enjoying some of Trixie’s earlier shows.

So it came to the surprise of the two unicorns when they discovered that the cake was almost gone. The only thing that was left in the box was what appeared to be a round orb. The orb looked like it had come from the cake but Twilight noticed that the purple and blue were mixed rather well. She was confused as to how they were suppose to eat it until Trixie said in a rather unsure tone “Twilight…I…I think we may…have to s…share that piece…together?”

Twilight looked up at Trixie and noticed the red blush that was visible on the unicorn’s checks. Twilight was unsure as to where that blush was coming from until the implications of what Trixie suggested finally registered with the purple unicorn. She could feel the heat already forming on her checks and all she could do was give a slight, hesitant nod.

The orb was lifted by both unicorns and they started to move their heads to meet. The pounding in their hearts were setting the tone as each beat caused another inch to be reduced or a shuffling of legs. Eventually, the two mares were almost snout to snout with that center orb hovering between them; acting as the magnet to pull their mouths into one. Trixie had never felt so nervous and Twilight was sure that she was sweating at this point but their minds seemed to give no implication to care about something as trivial as that.

Closer and closer until their mouth were pressing against the orb. They two unicorns looked into each other’s eyes and once again found themselves lost in that vast gaze. Trixie could see the hopeful joy that was shining in Twilight eyes and Twilight was met with a similar sight. As carefully as handling a newborn; the two mares opened their mouths around the orb. Wither by luck or fate, the orb was small enough that each unicorn was able to take half of it in one bite. However, that meant that their lips were going to have to touch; a thought that cause another surge of heat throughout their bodies.

Their lips touched as expected and they each found that they enjoyed the feel of the other lips; even if the contact felt…incomplete somehow. With careful practice hiding their inexperience; the two unicorn’s mouths descended on their final treat without breaking their fragile contact.

When the orb was split in half by the two moths, Trixie had a sudden shot of adrenaline inside of her and practically smashed her lips against her purple counterpart. She was reveling in the taste of her lips upon her own; able to take joy in the combination of lavender and cake that had mixed together. Twilight was surprised by the sudden aggression but found to her surprised that her body didn't try to resist and even started to push against the lips that were attacking it. Twilight have a sudden, impulsive internal moan when she stated to taste that jasmine and cake mixture that was dominant on the blue unicorn’s lips.

However, as much as their bodies wanted to continue, their minds were quick to regain control of the bodies and the two lips were separated. The two mares opened their eyes, not realizing that they had closed in the first place and started to try and regain their breath. The two halves of the orb had already been digested and gone since the moment that kiss had escalated.

Trixie was looking over at Twilight, seeing her in a light that she had never seen before. She remembered what her thoughts were like prior to that and came to the realization that she might have acted too harshly towards Twilight. It wasn't her fault that she had all this success and wasn't trying to hide them from her. In fact, it must have shown a lot of trust to be able to tell Trixie what she was. Trixie also admitted to herself that if she was in the same position that Twilight was in, she probably would have acted in the same way. Realizing that, she felt a new sense of pride in the fact that she had caught the attention of what could be considered the most powerful unicorn mare in Equestria in both status and magic. With a new joy surging throughout her body, Trixie said “Twilight?”

Twilight looked up at Trixie and replied “Yes, Trixie?”

Trixie gave a small smile and displaying a confidence that she was lacking at this point gave Twilight a light peck on the check. She enjoyed the fact that such an action caused an immediate reaction from the purple unicorn by the return of that blush on her check. She giggled a bit from the reaction and said “Apology accepted.”
Credits:

PonyPuffy2012
First of all, I apologize that this chapter was late getting out and that it might be at the same skill level that I usually write in. The reason was that while I was writing this chapter, something happened in my family that came as a real blow to me. To make a long story short, my mother passed away due to cancer. I’m not sure when I will get the motivation to write the next chapter but I won’t ignore you all for an extended period of time. Thank you for your understanding.