• Published 30th Oct 2016
  • 463 Views, 9 Comments

Orgins of General Obsidian Blaze - Obsidian Blaze



Originating from one hive Obsidian Blaze must adapt to the devious deception changelings.

  • ...
 9
 463

Deception

"General!" a drone yelled running towards Obsidian Blaze.

"What is it?" Blaze asked turning to the drone.

"Six ponies were spotted in the forest sir." the drone replied. "One appears to be Twilight Sparkle." the drone completed his train of thought.

"Notify the queen at once! I will deal with this myself."Blaze instructed.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" Chrysalis yelled with enough fury the two guards outside the throne chamber nearly fell face first.

"Y-yes m-my queen, general Blaze is taking care of it."

"Wow Fluttershy this place is beautiful." Twilight exclaimed looking at a small clearing surrounded but large trees and thick bushes.

"Um thank you, it took a while to fine this place." Fluttershy thanked quietly.

Moments before


"Where are they?" Blaze mumbled to himself hovering above the trees. Blaze quickly landed as he heard talking. In a flash of red flame Blaze appeared as a charcoal grey stallion with a black mane and tail, and two maroon eyes.

"Oh hello I didn't see you there." Twilight called out as she saw the stallion.

"Why are you here?" Obsidian Blaze asked.

"I could ask you the same thing!" a cyan pegasus with a rainbow main shot back.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight yelled.

"What?" Rainbow asked in surprise.

Grumbling in annoyance Blaze looked up before speaking "Follow me it'll be raining soon." he stated blankly. "We're here." he mumbled flatly.

"What is that?" Applejack asked pointing down a dimly lit cavern.

"That's off limits." Blaze snapped quietly before continuing. "Here's your rooms, just chime the gemstone by the bed and i'll come." he finished heading for the restricted cavern.

"Something doesn't seem right darling." Rarity spoke up looking concerned as she looked at the stone rooms.

"I know what you mean, there's strong silencer spells on each of these rooms." Twilight stated putting her hoof to her chin.

"What kind of spells?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Ugh, spells designed to stop the use of magic and prevent sound from ecapeing." Twilight explained face hoofing herself.

"Well?" Chrysalis asked irritated.

"They have been accommodated but the alicorn seems suspicious my queen." Blaze replied.

"Bring them here NOW!" Chrysalis commanded two drones.

"Hello?" one of the drones asked knocking on the door as a dark blue stallion and the other as a matching mare.

"Oh hello, is something wrong?" Twilight asked answering the door.

"Our mother wishes to meet you, please this way." the mare replied waving her hoof at the restricted tunnel. Following the pair the eight ponies walked in silence. "We're here." the stallion spoke opening a door.

"Queen Chrysalis?!" Twilight and her friends yelled in surprise.

"Yes, and you already meet the general." Chrysalis stated darkly. Turning to Obsidian Blaze they gasped once more as red flame surrounded him, emerging with small red eyes and a red tail to match.

"Well hello." Blaze spoke showing now emotions with his head, but a small hint of glee was heard.

"I know I should be freaked out but you sound happy and it doesn't show, why is that?" Twilight asked looking at Blaze carfully.

Chuckling Blaze responded "Well since you ask, my outer chitinous hide very much hides most facial emotions shown by softer hide, such as the softer hide on the changelings around you." he explained. Nodding Twilight turned back to Chrysalis.

"Well you have us, so what do you want?" Twilight asked a glint of her commanding presence showing in her eyes.

"What about a game?" Blaze asked turning to Chrysalis. Seeing her confused expression he continued "You escape me and you're free to go, but I catch you you stay and are at the mercy of my queen." Blaze finished.

"Fine." Chrysalis groaned nodding.

"Five minutes head start, starting.....now!" Blaze announced.

"We Should split up." Applejack suggested quietly. "That way he has less chances of getting us.

"Time's up" Blaze stated smirking beneath his outer hide. Quietly flying down a corridor Blaze flew up behind Applejack. "Found you." Blaze whispered in her ear before knocking her out. "Take her to the queen!" he ordered tow drones as he shifted to look exactly like the orange mare. "Thank Celestia I caught up with ya'll!" Blaze yelled in a southern draw.

"Applejack! Wait how do we know it's you?" Twilight questioned the mare.

"He did say that if we got out we were free." Blaze quickly replied.

"Good point." Twilight stated looking down. "Anyways we should get to Canterlot and tell princess Celestia." Twilight continued before turning toward the forest quickly followed by the others.