• Published 30th Oct 2016
  • 463 Views, 9 Comments

Orgins of General Obsidian Blaze - Obsidian Blaze



Originating from one hive Obsidian Blaze must adapt to the devious deception changelings.

  • ...
 9
 463

Hive renewal and first encounter

"Cursed ponies for turning my hive, MY HIVE against me!" Screamed a tall black insect like creature. "How did Twilight Sparkle turn them against me Queen Chrysalis." the creature continued ranting.

"Queen Chrysalis, where is your hive?" asked a similar figure.

"Gone, who are you to ask such questions of me? Chrysalis retorted.

"I am Queen Radiance and this is my hive." the figure stated holding a holey hoof to a hole in the ground. "Follow me" she continued crawling into the hole followed shortly by Chrysalis. Walking into a large chamber Chrysalis gasped at the sheer number of eggs. "Here take this one." Radiance commanded levitating an egg to Chrysalis.

"And why should I, it's deformed." Chrysalis snorted.

"One I didn't ask, two to help start a new hive, and three don't judge a changeling by its egg." Radiance shot back in fury. Soon a slight crack broke the hateful silence. "It's hatching." she stated, her mouth gaping. Taking the egg in her magic Chrysalis held the hatching changeling. With a burst of red flame the hatchling disappeared only to be grabbed in the magical grasp of Chrysalis' magic.

"On second thought this hatchling might just be what I need." Chrysalis stated with a grin. Stating a hollow farewell Chrysalis left the egg chamber and made her way towards the badlands. Months later Chrysalis laid her eggs in an underground cave. "Soon you'll be old enough to protect this hive." she murmured at the red eyed changeling. Looking at her the changeling teleported to a nearby crevice in the cave wall snarling at the entrance.

"I see your new hive is starting well." commented Radiance. "Now were is the hatchling I gave you?" she asked. Chrysalis pointed to the hatchling's hiding spot just before a deep red flash appeared. "Looks like he can change forms already, he truly excels at magic.

"Yes and he teleports all over the hive." Chrysalis grumbled. "But that aside he is quite strong as well." she continued.

"What do you mean?" Radiance asked tilting her head.

"He seems to lift things my changelings could not move at his age." Chrysalis pointed out.

"That's the thing about my changelings, they are stronger and can take a harder hit than your deceivers." Radiance stated

"Ah, Obsidian Blaze you're here." Chrysalis spoke with a devious tone.

"Of course my queen you called." Blaze spoke bowing before Chrysalis.

"Yes it is time for your hunt." Chrysalis stated grinning. "Remember keep the target small, and don't get caught." Chrysalis ordered raising her voice.

"Of course my queen." Blaze spoke before leaving. Turning his head he asked "and food for the rest?".

"You know well." Chrysalis spoke as the chamber doors closed.

"I smell something." Blaze stated sniffing the air. Following the smell Obsidian Blaze came across a family of unicorns.

"I want to go home." the filly pouted.

"Lots of love here, more than enough for me and the hive." Blaze mumbled under his breath. Surrounding himself in a red flame Blaze emerged as a dark grey colt with a black mane striped with red lines matching his eyes. "Hello?" he spoke in a tone carrying false concern. The unicorn family gasped in surprise as he poked his head thick green bushes.

"Well who are you?" the stallion asked giving a slight chuckle. Looking closer at the family Blaze noted their appearances. The stallion sported a light gray coat, black mane and tail with orange highlights, as well as brown eyes. The mare however looked completely different with a dark purple coat, solid light gray mane tied into a ponytail with a matching tail, along with sky blue eyes. As for the filly she had a gray coat matching her fathers, solid black mane and tail with a small red clip in her mane, along side her mother's eyes.

"Are you alright, you blanked out for a minute there." the mare asked looking worried.

"Yes, i'm fine." Blaze spoke up nervously.

"Hey what's your name, i'm Red Hope." the filly called out waving a hoof.

"Oh my name's Obsidian Blaze, my mother wanted me to invite ya'll to stay with us." Blaze spoke up.

"Well that's mighty kind of you but I don't see a house any were." The stallion spoke up looking around.

"Well that's because our house is under ground, here follow me." Blaze stated cheerfully waving his hoof. Leading the family to a cave Obsidian Blaze cast a light spell.

"Oh my, are you sure this is were you live?" the mare asked resisting the urge to scoff at the cave.

"Yep this is it." Blaze spoke up walking deeper into the cave. Arriving at a set of doors Blaze opened them. "After you." Blaze said bowing his head respectfully. After closing the door Blaze locked the door.

"What is that!" the stallion yelled pointing at Chrysalis.

"Good work Obsidian Blaze." Chrysalis complemented licking her lips. "I can fell their love from here. Suddenly dozens of changelings appeared from the walls and behind pillars. Looking back the unicorns gasped as the small colt was engulfed in a red flame appearing once again as a changeling in front of the doors. "As a reward for a more than successful hunt you may take the small one." Chrysalis stated.

"Of coarse my queen." Blaze responded giving a deep bow. "Follow me." he commanded the filly as she followed. "You'll be staying here, with me." Blaze stated directing Red Hope.

"My queen Ponies are coming!" a drone yelled gasping for breath.

"Obsidian Blaze!" Chrysalis called at the top of her lungs.

"You called my queen?" Blaze asked entering the throne chamber and giving a bow.

"Yes I did, ponies are here so drive them off." Chrysalis ordered in a deep tone.

"As you wish my queen." Blaze replied. Turning around he spotted three other drones before yelling "You three with me!". The three changelings replied in usision before following Blaze out the door.

"Remember all the ponies that went missing were last spotted here, so keep your guard up." a dark gray Pegasus reminded his patrol.

"Um sir, behind you." a white unicorn stammered pointing at four approaching changelings.

"Orders commander?" one of the drones asked.

"None escape, take them for the hive!" Blaze yelled. The ponies charged as Blaze unleashed a wave of red magic knocking the ponies into several trees. The Pegasus flew up into the air and back in the way that he came. Following the Pegasus Blaze fired a bolt of magic striking down the Pegasus causing him to crash. "The intruders are dealt with my queen, but might I suggest we be more careful about taking ponies?" Blaze asked bowing.

"DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO COMMANDER!" Chrysalis snapped at Obsidian Blaze. "But I am in need of a general now that the hive is at its full strength and you are the only qualified individual for it commander." Chrysalis continued calming down.