• Published 16th Oct 2016
  • 4,855 Views, 116 Comments

All is for my Princess - Hoppa_21



A displaced Fenrich serves Princess Luna. And he tries anything to help her get more popular than the blasted Sun Witch she calls her sister.

  • ...
25
 116
 4,855

Episode 2: New Endeavors of a Nightmare - Part Four

Did you know that lycanthropes are well-known for the incredible softness of their silk-like hair and tails? It is a trait that is genetically conveyed from lycanthrope to lycanthrope. Almost like a brand of softness and fluffiness in a way. Of course this special trait is what made this, or my race rather popular along the women. I used the term women because back when I arrived here ponies would distance themselves from me, and with that never experience the feeling of my soft hair strands. So normally I got compliments from other races which were far less hostile. I had quite a few griffons, minotaurs or even female yaks and buffalos get a feel of it. Pony mares were rather rare, really. Unfortunately now in this diminutive form it seems the mares have lost all fear and xenophobic feelings they once held for me and through that discovered the wonders of softness that my fur entailed.

And it didn’t seem like these mares would get tired of it anytime soon.

I tried my best to shake them off in a non-hostile manner, but that could only bring me so far. Especially since the pink one was the most persistent in this petting.

Of course the Princess held a hand to her mouth to hide her amusement at my plight.

Thankfully she stepped in once she deemed me cuddled enough and broke the mares away from me with a flash of levitation magic.

“It seems you are rather fancied now with the mares,” the Princess teased while I harrumphed.

“Not the attention I need, or like to tolerate,” I answered making her giggle in amusement.

Just in that moment I could already hear the next mares nearing us. However, these mares weren’t quite background pony material.

Firstly, it were exactly five mares of varying colors which seemed brighter to be than the rest of the crowd. I instantly of course saw that it were the five mares from the ruins, minus the witch student. So ponies I spend time with this morning, as well as a few that I didn’t. The white curly one of the group seemed to look at us expectantly as she was standing in front of the others.

“And what do you want?” I asked with a raised brow, wondering if I hadn’t enough to worry about already.

My words earned me a light jab from the Princess as she moved she pointed with her head to the mares in a ‘don’t act like that and give them a chance’ gesture.

I obliged, noticing the white mare cough politely to gain my attention yet again.

“Hello there darling. I know we have already met once, but considering it wasn’t under the best of circumstances I thought it might be best for us all to start anew. A fresh start if you will. Also with a fresh introduction in case you didn’t catch all of our names during our nightly quarrel.”

Luna nodded approvingly, “Indeed! A fresh start might be just what is needed in our situation. So introductions are crucial.”

I agreed, if only to refresh my intel of these mares.

The white mare soon ushered the prismatic one forwards, while at the same time trying to hold the pink ones excitement back much to her pink friends amusement who seemed to see this as a game in which she has to step around her.

“Names Rainbow Dash. Fastest flier in Equestria. And Element of Loyalty, which means I will kick the flank of ANYONE who tries to hurt my friends.”

The meaning and glare of course wasn’t lost on me. But I was mainly humored by it. She doesn’t understand the real meaning of loyalty like I do, so I let her play her petty games.

Stetson pony was the next one who stepped forward. She also seemed rather wary of me.

Good.

“Hello there. My name is Applejack and I’m owning an apple orchard together with my family.”

Short, honest, and cutting to the chase immediately. I can accept that.

Next one up was Butterbone, who didn’t show any of the shyness I saw in our first meeting. But then again, my transformation aided that. Not to mention that rather interesting hidden strength she possessed.

“My name is Fluttershy, and I’m an animal caretaker,” she nodded to me with a warm smile, while I nodded back with a slight smile of my own.

“HIYA I’M PINKIE PIE!” came a happy scream from behind me, startling me slightly as I got into an offensive stance. It seemed the white one could only hold her back for so long.

“I’m the local party planner and a baker! I have baked all of these deliciously delicious cupcakes and tasty treats just for this party for you FenFen and little Woona! So I hope we are going to be the bestest of friends!”

Doubtful, and hard to read in her own…quirkiness. But she was not acting hostile yet. Before I could think further the taste of chocolate invaded my mouth, only for me to notice a moment later that she stuffed it with one of the cats tongues.

“I also make these!” she chipperly added, before a blue aura was pushing her back again, as the last of the five mares stepped forward. The second-in-command how I would call her.

“And I’m Rarity. Local seamstress in this little hamlet. I would have also liked for Twilight to introduce herself but she seemed to have had… a little accident.

I smirked good-humoredly at that, while Rainbow muttered darkly, “Accident my flank.”

‘Well, I guess it is now my time to appease them?’

“Very well. My name is Fenrich. I’m the right hand of her Royal Highness Princess Luna, as well as the superior of the Captain of the Night Guard who will soon be established here officially. I’m with that not only acting as a bodyguard to the Princess, but also take care of any kind of political, diplomatic, militaristic, personnel and even personal matters that occur with and around her.”

I let that sink in for a moment, before continuing, “And now if you excuse me, but I don’t have time for any more pleasantries. Like I stated, my duty demands that I must look after the Princess 24/7.”

The Princess gave a forlorn sigh at that.

“Thou should learn to relax Fenrich. I don’t think any of these ponies mean us any harm. Besides, wouldn’t that be the perfect opportunity for you to learn more about these brave mares?”

I suppressed a snort at that. Surely not all of them could be classified with such a remarkable title.

As if on cue, Pinkie bounced in front of me, before ruffling my head fur much to my chagrin.

“She is right! It’s time to par-TAY!”

Luna nodded appreciatively, “Indeed! We personally would like to try some of the punch.”

“Good thing I brought foal punch!” Pinkie chirped up, making the Princess scrunch her face in obvious distaste.

“Foal punch as in non-alcoholic punch?” she asked perplexed, before shaking her head, “We think we will rather take the, what was the modern word, spiked one. This is a celebration after all.”

But a normally shy mare wouldn’t have that, as she instantly stormed forward, “You can’t! It isn’t healthy for a filly to drink!”

I had to admit that she looked extremely determined as she stated that.

“…A filly?” the Princess meanwhile mumbled dumbstruck.

Much to her sorrow Applejack stepped forward to agree with her friend.

“Ah also think that it would be a bad idea. Ah mean, Ah wouldn’t let Applebloom drink it, so Ah can’t simply lean back and watch ya do it. The wee small voice in me won’t allow it.”

Rainbow simply shrugged, seemingly not really interested to join this debate, but Rarity seemed more than eager to jump in on the other hand.

“They are right, your highness,” she started with a slight bow, “As much as it might offend you, but fillies are prohibited from drinking alcoholic beverages. I can only agree with the others since I also wouldn’t let my dear sister Sweetie Belle drink anything alcoholic as not to harm her still maturing body.”

The Princess looked around the ponies clear irritation showing on her face.

She then defiantly stomped her hoof, “I am the Princess of the Night! The laws that prohibit foals from drinking are age limited, and even in this, like Fenrich stated diminutive form it doesn’t change my biological age!”

“But it doesn’t change your physical age,” stated Pinkie simply, making the Princess blink as the other mares voiced their supports to this for her ridiculous sentiment.

To say the Princess was baffled by these denying mares would be an understatement as it seemed like an alien concept to her to be treated like a mere foal, even though she surpassed any of them in age by quite an impressive margin as she already stated.

She then turned to me.

“Fenrich, thou art on my side on this, right?” she asked hopefully to finally gain some support as she turned to me.

“Of course I would never think to disobey you, or dare I say treat you like a mere foal Princess, but…”

“But?” she mimed with a skeptically raised brow.

“But I can’t recommend it. Your senses should have to stay sharp since the security here is rather lax, seeing what kind of… characters are here,” I said while eying a pony that looked like it had creeped right out of a garbage can. It wasn’t really all that trust invoking.

Luna groaned before pouting irritatedly at me.

“Fine!” she loudly complained, “But we art not going to refrain from drinking such beverages at other situations that come up.”

I nodded, “Good, so what would you like to do first Princess?” I asked, awaiting for further orders, but it was quite obvious by her slight glare that she was rather frustrated at this moment. And me mentioning that I would keep an eye on her in a way only seemed to miff her further, which she swiftly stated.

“Fenrich, we art not going to have thou follow us around all day, so why don’t thou take a look around and enjoy the festivities?” the Princess proposed, to which I got into a thinking pose with a paw on my chin.

“I suppose. I wanted to take a look at the buffet to make sure everything is worthy of your presence.”

The Princess however wasn’t happy with this statement too as she laid her hands on her hips in a clear pose of displeasure.

“This is an order my dear servant! Go and enjoy the festivities!” she commanded in a squeaky and irritated voice as she pointed a finger at me.

I meanwhile bowed my head at her.

“As you wish.”

Of course that was followed by another round of d’awws and coos as these hicks seemed to find the picture of a filly commanding me, a wolf puppy, with her squeaky voice quite adorable in a way. I can only imagine that my bow seemed to enhance this moment for the crowd.

But that wouldn’t hinder me. I simply ignored their stares as I turned around and walked deeper into the town hall to fulfill the Princesses command.

…I would still check up on the food table though.


It didn’t take all that long for me to get through the throngs of ponies on my way to my royal duty. The food tables were standing deep inside the town hall and lined the walls on the back.

As I reached the table I hopped up on a conveniently placed chair, so to better overlook what was served. The food items were quite a wide variety. It went from sweets, like cakes, cupcakes, and muffins, to normal food items like salad, soup and casserole.

I took a quick sniff of the later one with a suspicious frown, before I noticed the dreaded ingredient wasn’t in it. It was a simple spinach casserole. I couldn’t help the sigh of relief that followed this.

Of course checking the buffet wasn’t exactly my only goal. My ulterior motive was to make sure a special food item wasn’t served, and if it was, quickly to dispose of it.

It was a rather hard but honorable task, since I was protecting the princesses good name with it. Should she ever get a taste of it, and even worse, like it… I shudder at the degrading nickname this could actually bestow upon her.

I’m not going to let her turn into some kind of cheap Valvatorez copy.

Yes, some might find it unlikely but fate is not only a fickle thing, it can also be quite the insolent brat with a bad sense of humor, so prevention is better than cure.

After this danger was completely eliminated I decided to get a drink myself, while all the time of course keeping an eye on the Princess. Just because I was ordered to relax, doesn’t mean I would neglect my duties after all. I can very well do both.

I quickly strode to the room dodging any cooing mares I could, and being rather glad that I was still agile enough to do so.

I jumped onto another chair and set my front paws on the refreshments table. I quickly snatched a cup in one paw, or as good as I could with paws, while trying to get a grip on the ladle.

Fumbling with it was a rather annoying task since it always seemed to slip from my grip, no matter how hard I tried, making me growl in some frustration. However, all of this ceased then the ladle was suddenly enveloped in a blue glow, signifying the intervention of a specific unicorn.

I quickly turned my head to see the approaching form of a white mare. I remembered her name to be Rarity.

She politely filled my cup and I nodded to her in thanks before taking it in both of my paws and taking a sip.

Rarity quickly stepped beside me to keep me company.

“That’s a rather nice accessory you wear around your neck,” she started with a friendly smile, “I even noticed it back then…when we were on far less favorable terms,” she then pointed around to a chain on my neck. On the end of said chain was a ring with a special emblem. It hasn’t reverted back into my inventory after the transformation, but was hard to spot through my long fur, so none of the other mares noticed. It showed that she had quite an eye for details.

“I almost missed it with your long coat. Even though I have to admit I am slightly jealous of your soft fur,” she quipped while her hand run down my fur, even going as far as my tail, making me scowl slightly in annoyance. Despite that, I was curious about this mares behavior. Not to mention the Princesses orders that obligated me to be at least accommodating of them, so I tried to do just that.

“I was often told that my hair and tail were my most striking features. As a lycanthrope I have the genetics to not only back it up, but cause it to be incredibly soft to the touch. Much to my dismay that caused quite a few beings, especially mares now, to actually grab it,” my eyes wandered over to the mare, “I believe you are aware that grabbing ones tail isn’t the most courteous thing to do?”

A small red taint across her cheeks told me that she indeed knew that grabbing tails meant along sentient races and how it was a big taboo.

“Y-Yes. It must have been truly dreadful to be…touched like this, and I apologize for my own intrusion of your personal space. It is unbecoming of a lady like me.”

I nodded glad to see even one of these hicks seemed to have some basic understanding of manners. She also was a seamstress from what she told me earlier. That might actually be useful if she has talent, so I filed this information for later use.

Rarity meanwhile seemed to try to think of a topic to steer the conversation away from the faux pas she had just committed. Her eyes lit up as she had an idea.

“So there is no secret to your look?” she asked with curiosity as she examined my fur without breaching my personal space, “No tricks in keeping your hair at least presentable in the most violent of situations?”

I simply shook my head in slight amusement over these minor worries of hers, “Durability is a trait that demons possess. Become a demon and you can gain the same durability. But then again, pony history was never really thoughtful when it came to them.”

Rarity didn’t seem to like this new direction the conversation was going either. Not that it surprised me. This was a rather sore topic and ponies like demons never like to have their flaws pointed out bluntly like this.

“I wouldn’t call it like that dear,” she finally answered, while I simply shook my head. Not that I cared for it that much anyway.

“It doesn’t matter,” was my short response before a silence fell over us.

It didn’t seem like she had anything noteworthy to say, so I didn’t mind it. Of course I was still curios as to why exactly she was acting in such a friendly manner. I know that Butterb-, pardon, Fluttershy sees me as a helpless animal that needs help, so she is treating me with kindness. Not to mention it is her very Element. Pinkie… She is just plain mad. Her behavior isn’t supposed to make any sense. So I can scratch her of the list. But other than that, they were the only two ponies of the six that seemed positive about me. Well, with Rarity it would now be three. But I still haven’t determined if she really means it or if it is just a ruse. Only time will tell.

The mare in question meanwhile leaned a tad closer to me, examining the ring around my neck with a scrutinizing eye.

“I could swear I have seen this emblem before,” she hummed in thought.

“Could be. It is a very old one. A family I have been close too.”

Rarity’s ears perked up in interest at that. I could already tell that she was trying to find the right noble house this emblem belonged too. She seemed to have a strong interest in nobility. Not that it would do her any good, since most nobility is rotten to the core, but what can you expect from ponies that inherit titles rather than earn them?

I was just about to sip from my drink yet again, trying to heed the advice of my Lunar Princess to try to be a bit less ’uptight’, when I noticed small ripples forming on the surface of the non-alcoholic punch. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at it, before I started to feel the tiny vibrations now also going through my very core.

Something was wrong.

Tiny vibrations grew steadily stronger and my ears swiveled trying to hear for anything suspicious that would be the source.

Soon enough the ponies seemed to notice as a feeling of dread washed over them.

Prey instincts were clearly kicking in as their pony ears swiveled nervously, while many backed away from the direction the vibrations as well as a noticeable stomping sound seemed to come from, but they still couldn’t make out the exact direction, leaving them an uncoordinated and scared mess.

The vibrations from there on out got stronger, and my head quickly turned to a window of the town hall. Only seconds later three young fillies threw the window open, before getting quickly in.

A few seconds after that and a loud crash echoed through the house as something broke through the very wall the fillies came in with a loud roar, sending ponies cowering and screaming while the dust settled.

Through the hole in the wall stomped a rather scale-covered abomination. It’s four heads rose wickedly in the building as his hungry eyes gleamed with malicious intent. The hydra then decided to settle its four heads on the cowering fillies in front of it, which only caused them to huddle together in a frightened embrace.

I simply eyed the scene before me with a deadpan, followed by a forlorn sigh.

“Maybe I should have wished for something different,” I mused as I got into a stance to face off against the hydra.

Just another normal day in the life of Princess Luna’s right hand.

Author's Note:

Here is a new chapter. Like I said the next chapter will either be the final one, or I will separate it again. I still haven't decided. But at least I started already on it. In any case, I will plan a crossover for Episode 3, seeing how I will need to find a displaced that can move something big from one location to the other. Best I do a thread with it once I'm at this point.

Also fluffy hair. I mean, did you ever look at this Fenrich pic and imagine to sink your hands into that incredible fluffyness? I bet it must be quite the nice feeling. Maybe even softer than the Princesses elusive manes?

Also Rarity. Yup, Rarity joins the 'Fenrich is not a dick' club, meaning we now have a 3 vs. 3 ratio when it comes to the Mane 6.

And as a side note, I forgot to mention it, but I also had a small scene written out for Celestia being smashed with the door last chapter. It just didn't fit at the time, so I will have to recycle the scene for later user when it fits better.

Anyway, stay fluffy! :pinkiesmile:

Also as another side note, my Nightcrawler story will also entail the fluffiness topic in some way. Chapter 2 and 3 are ready, but I wasn't sure about publishing them yet. I dunno, they feel off. Maybe I should have cut a few scenes there, or written them differently. Hard to say. It's just not the nicest feeling to have written a chapter and it feels off, while you don't exactly know why it feels that way or if your feeling is right. :applejackunsure: I somehow get the feeling here two. And I mean in the entire Chapter 2. I know what to expect of the chapter, but it doesn't feel always right what I'm writing.

Edit: Huh. This also is the longest chapter yet, for whatever reason. It actually seems rather small content-wise, so I'm really baffled right now.