• Published 19th Oct 2016
  • 410 Views, 2 Comments

The Time You Forgot - Hamatopurity



After tragedy strikes,Pinkie forgets ten years of her life, and keeps forgetting the new,what is in store for her now?

  • ...
 2
 410

Ch.2 Bringing Pinkie Home

It was at least half an hour before Pinkie's family walked out,from how red and tired they're eyes looked,they'd diffidently been crying for the recovering pink mare.

Cloudy Quartz gave a heavy sigh "Pinkie...s-she's still asleep, and,according to the doctor,she might not wake up for a few days..." Twilight looked at the Pie family sadly.

"Mr. And Mrs. Pie? We...we've been talking, and...we think,you should take Pinkie home with you." This shocked them,Marble inquiring "are...are you sure? This..Ponyville is her home!"

Limestone nodded as she added "yeah,when she moved here,years ago,it was the happiest we've ever seen her!"

Twilight nodded "that...may be true, but she won't remember Ponyville,or us for that matter; the last thing she remembers,is being with her family,ten years,four months, and two days ago."

Igneous muttered "that's...that's the day after she got cutie mark..." Applejack nodded "an' that's exactly why it'd be better for 'er to stay with y'all,we'll miss 'er,but this is what's best for 'er, and if what's best for Pinkie is possibly never seeing 'er again,then we'll do it."

It was hard, but the family of earth ponies nodded,Maud speaking up "your right. We have to do what's best for Pinkie." It wasn't her usual monotone voice,there was a hint of sadness and concern in it.

Limestone gulped "you sure you don't want to say goodbye to her? Your her best friends,afterall." Twilight nodded "we're sure. I-it's better this way, but can you promise something? Please make sure Pinkie stays happy."

Cloudy nodded "of course. She's our daughter,afterall."

"Thank you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie opened her eyes groggily before opening her mouth wide as she yawned "Mommy? Daddy? Marble?Limestone? Maud?" She looked around blearily.

She suddenly noticed she layed in a hospital bed,she wasn't hooked up to anything, but when she felt her head,where a large puffball like mane would be,there was nothing. Pinkie's mane was gone, but what was there,was a big knotty thing on the side of her skull.

It felt like the seams of one of the dresses she made with her sisters to give they're mom for Mothers Day.

Oddly,her tail was mostly straight,which was rare since she saw that rainbow. Only a single curl could be seen in her long,magenta tail.

Pinkie started getting up,feeling a little scared now "m-mom? Dad? Hello? Anypony?"

The door suddenly opened to her sisters walking in "PINKIE!" They all ran over,helping the third youngest out of bed,the pink mare looked surprised when her hooves touch the cold floor.

Why was she suddenly so tall?

Limestone helped steady her sister "Easy sis,are you alright?" Pinkie smiled brightly "yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" She didn't know why she'd been frantic only minutes before. Wait,was she?

The three sisters looked to eachother before Marble spoke up "wel-well,um, mom and dad are just outside,we're-we're going home now."

Pinkie tilted her head "oh? Where are we,then?" Maud gulped,her usually stoic expression faultering "well,we're,we're at a hospital,Pinkie."

Hospital? That didn't sit right with Pinkie..

"W-why? Is something wrong?" Limestone lowered her head "Pinkie,you were the one in the hospital."

"w-what? Why what,did-did something happen to me?" Marble sighed "we-we'll tell you l-later." Maud agreed "yes. Let's go home."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the way to the train station,Pinkie noticed a few ponies looking at her...sadly.

"Mom? Dad? Why are those ponies looking at me like that?" The mare's mother looked to where she had noticed them, and looked down sadly.

"They..just feel bad for you. Just keep walking,okay sweetie?" With another unsure glance,Pinkie nodded and continued walking happily with her family.

She didn't know why they'd feel sorry for her,maybe she should let them know she was alright?

So,Pinkie waved with a beaming smile "bye-bye! Don't worry! You don't have to feel bad for me,I'm okay!"

Pinkie didn't notice the ponies,including a orange earth pony cover her eyes with her hat,hiding her tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie hopped a little as she and her family traveled the short distance from the train station and the quaint little rock farm.

Despite the excitable mare's joyful hop,it still shook them all.

Pinkie would never be the same. Every few minutes,she'd forget what'd she'd been doing,or what she'd been saying,making her confused.

What if Pinkie never got better? What would they do when they couldn't be there? When they're gone..where would Pinkie go?

What was going to happen to her?

"hey mommy? Can we have rock soup tonight?" Cloudy looked down before smiling at her baby girl. It was like she really was eight years old again.

"Sure sweetie,I'll get it started,why don't you..go with your sisters and freshen up?" Pinkie smiled cheerfully "okay mommy!"

With that,she hopped off...for a few minutes.

Pinkie just came over to her sisters when the reason she came slipped her..what was it again?

"Pinkie? You okay?" Limestone had asked,said pink mare looked up "oh! I thought mom said...something. And I should come over to you for...something.." Pinkie felt frustrated at her newfound lack of constant memory.

Marble asked "was it to freshen up for dinner?" Pinkie's face lit up "yes! Yes! I think so at least,come on! Let's go!" As Pinkie happily trotted off,Marble whispered "Do you think she'll ever be the same?"

Limestone wanted to be the leader figure she believed herself to be, but her ears layed flat against her head "I don't know. But we-we have to be there for Pinkie when she needs us."

The two younger mares nodded

"Right. For Pinkie."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie curled herself between her sisters in their shared bed,a content smile on her face.

Not having the foggiest indication of her eldest sister looking at her worryingly.

Limestone couldn't shake off her worry,when Twilight teleported to the farm,telling the family what happened to her little sister,her whole world shattered.

Pinkie had always been described by others as the black sheep of the family,or rather,pink sheep. The things others said,it always made her protective of her little sister,it was no secret Pinkie was no doubt closer to Maud then her.

But when they were younger,all four of them were remarkably close.

Limestone still remembered,to this day,when she saw Pinkie for the first time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small pink filly limped in the pouring rain. No older than five,it looked like,her bright,periwinkle eyes looked around fearfully.

"H-hello? HELLOOOO?! Is-is anyp-powney there?" The small filly looked around frantically.

"AAHH!!!" The poor girl suddenly tripped over a rock,making her roll downhill until she hit a large boulder at the bottom.

At impact,she groaned and held herself tearfully,small whimpers and sobs coming from the poor lost filly.

Until...

"Hey. You okay?" The bruised and cut up filly looked up fearfully "I..I..." The little one couldn't quite think of any words to say to the older filly.

"Hey,your hurt! Come on, I can get you help,my family's rock farm is nearby." The grey coated filly helped the poor,scared girl up to her hooves,a small hiss of pain escaping the younger filly.

"Don't worry,you'll be okay,my mom has a first aid kit, and my sister Maud can stitch up pretty good if you need it." There was a rasply cough from the magenta maned filly "th..thank you."

"no problem,you got a name,or what?" The filly looked down "I.. I..." She didn't know,she'd been wandering for God knows how long..

"Oh. Sorry. Guess we'll have to think of one! Um.." She thought about it "You got a name you'd like?"

The filly shrugged "I-I don't know.. But I do know one part..Diane.." The older thought about it for second,it was an awfully odd name for a pony..

"Hmm..that sounds more like a middle name. I'm sure we'll think of something,oh. By the way" the green eyed filly looked at the younger "I'm Limestone Pie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it had been that day,that the Pie family grew, and Limestone gained another sister.

And the day she promised nothing bad will ever happen to her.

But,she failed.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment