• Published 22nd Oct 2016
  • 2,752 Views, 85 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Spectrum War - Time Agent pony



After discovering some mysterious rings the Mane Seven at CHS are propelled into an adventure with some new friends and new foes

  • ...
5
 85
 2,752

Chapter 3

The girls were about to head to their next lesson, when they heard an explosion from the school soccer pitch.

"What was that?" asked Sunset.

"Trouble," Rainbow Dash smiled, she donned her blue lantern outfit, "time to hero up!" she said, she flew off in the direction of the soccer pitch.

Power levels 40%

"I'm with you Rainbow," Applejack said, donning her green lantern outfit.

Power levels 34%

"As am I," Rarity nodded, she also donned her indigo lantern outfit.

Power levels 30%

"I...I guess I am too," Fluttershy nervously agreed, she donned her star sapphire outfit, the three of them flew after Rainbow Dash.

Power levels 25%

"Yeah, wait for us!" Twilight shouted as she, Sunset and Pinkie dashed after the girls.

When they reached the soccer pitch all the girls gasped, the cause of the explosion hovered in the air before them.

"Now we know where the yellow ring went," Sunset said.

There in front of them was Principle Cinch, Sinestro and some of Twilight's old fellow students from Crystal Prep all glowing with yellow energy.

"Is this all?" Sinestro asked, "these are the ones who have you trouble in the past?"

"Yes, especially that girl they stand by now," Cinch replied, pointing right at Twilight.

Sinestro was unamused, "These worms are hardly worth your humiliation."

"You want Twilight?" Rainbow Dash said, standing her ground.

"Then you have to go though us," Applejack finished, she, Rarity also standing their ground, Fluttershy tried her best to be brave.

"With pleasure," Cinch smiled, Sinestro handed his yellow lantern to her, Cinch pressed her ring against it and spoke the words.

In blackest day, in brightest night,
Beware your fears made into light
Let those who try to stop what's right,
Burn like my power... Sinestro's might!

After saying the words Cinch and her ring glowed brighter.

"Prepare to taste fear," she smiled, she nodded to her students, "get them my Shadowbolts!" she commanded.

The students obeyed banding together they summoned up a monstrous construct of a scorpion

"Bring it on!" Rainbow Dash cried, she summoned up a giant robot construct and engaged the students.

"Right behind ya," added Applejack, she summond up a lasso construct, trying to tie the scorpion's legs up, while Rainbow tried to destory it.

Cinch turned her gaze back to the remaining five "While two of your friends are busy with my students I'll destroy my former prize student and her friends," she laughed.

She fired a blast from her ring at Twilight, which Fluttershy blocked with her ring, "NOBODY. HURTS. MY. FRIENDS!" Fluttershy shouted, now angry at Cinch.

Cinch fired again, but this time Rarity block the blast with her ring, "I'm with Fluttershy," she said, defiantly.

Both Rarity and Fluttershy fired a combined blast from their rings at Cinch, blasting her back.

Power levels 7%
Power levels 6%

Rarity and Fluttershy's attacks seemed to be getting weaker

"You seem to be a little low on power," Cinch smiled, she summoned up a scythe construct.

Rarity and Fluttershy tried to counter attack but their rings seemed to be getting weaker, the some was happening to Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

Power levels 5%

"I can't keep up," Rainbow Dash groaned, as she struggled to keep her robot construct together.

Power levels 4%

"I can't ether," Applejack said, her lasso construct loosing it strength.

The girls regrouped as Cinch, Sinestro and the Shadowbolts closed in.

"Revenge is so sweet" Cinch gloated, brandishing her scythe.

Suddenly a green energy dome encompassed the girls.

"Are you doing that, Applejack?" Sunset asked.

"I ain't doin' nothing," Applejack replied.

"Look!" Twilight said, pointing up above the pitch, everyone raised their heads.

There hovering above them all was a person wearing the same outfit as Applejack and carrying a green coloured lantern in his hand.

"Who are you?" Cinch demanded.

"Ah, glorious evil," Sinestro smiled, "it is he."

The stranger didn't reply, he simply flew past the yellow lanterns, swept up the girls in an energy bubble and flew off.

Cinch was not impressed, "Cowards!" she yelled, after the girls as disappeared.

"I know you'd be here," Sinestro mumbled to himself.


"You'll safe here," the stranger said, as he set the girls down.

"Who are you?" Twilight asked.

"More to the point" the stranger continued, "how did you get those rings, you're wearing?"

"They fell out of the sky," Fluttershy replied.

"And chose us," Applejack finished.

"I see," the stranger murmured.

"Back to my question," Twilight interrupted, "who are you?"

"Well I guess you deserve an explanation," the stranger replied, "I'm Hal Jordan, Green Lantern of space sector 2814"

"Oh, so you're like Alan Scott?" Sunset asked.

Hal looked surprised, "There's an Alan Scott on this earth too?" he asked.

"Wait, this earth?" Twilight asked, confused.

"Well, it appears that I've been pulled into another universe by the Last Light where all the lantern corps don't exist, but the JSA does," Hal replied, after some thinking.

"Last Light?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"The Last Light was supposed to be an escape plan for the end of the universe," Hal explained, "I've never heard of it actually working or being used, things never got that grim".

Hal explained to the girls that in his universe he was part on an intergalactic police force called the Green Lanterns. Along with that he explained that the rings channeled the emotional spectrum through them and that there were other lantern corps: green for willpower, blue for hope, pink for love, indigo for compassion, yellow for fear, red for rage and orange for greed. Lastly he said that his universe had been overrun by a being called Nekron, who had raised the countless dead on every world in the cosmos and that was how he had ended up in there universe.

"So the person that was with Cinch?" Rarity asked.

"He's Sinestro, the leader of the yellow lanterns," Hal replied.

"So what do we do now?" Applejack asked.

"Well first things, first," Hal said, holding of out his lantern to Applejack, "your ring needs charging."

Applejack pressed her ring to the lantern and spoke.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!

Applejack and her ring started glowing brightly.

Hal turned to the others, "Once we find the others they'll be able to charge your rings," he said.


Downtown

"Twilight! Face me!" Cinch cried, as she, Sinestro and the Shadowbolts flew though the streets.

Suddenly a blast of red energy hit Cinch, "Who dares?" she demanded.

"We do," Adagio replied, as she, the other two Sirens, Atrocitus and Dex-starr blocked their path, "and we're the ones who are going to destroy the Rainboom, us."

"Atrocitus," Sinestro remarked, "I see you made it here too."

"Even I am surprised to see you," Atrocitus replied.

"Back to the point," interrupted Aria.

"Yes, let me make it clear," Adagio continued, "We get first crack at the Rainbooms."

"No! I get first crack at the Rainbooms!" cried, another voice.

The red and yellow lanterns turned to see Trixie, her orange servant constructs and larfleeze.

"Didn't you hear us," Adagio fumed, "we get first crack!"

"They're mine I tell ya!!! Mine!!! Mine!!! Mine!!!" Trixie cried, an orange glow in her eyes.

"Alright it's go time" Aria said, she summoned a spiked hammer construct and engaged Trixie.

"Last one standing gets first crack at the Rainbooms," Trixie smiled, as she and her orange servent constructs blocked Aria's attacks.

"And we'll be the ones standing," Adagio declared.

"Yeah" Sonata nodded, she and Dex-starr moved in on Cinch

"The end has come!" cried Cinch, she and her students moved to attack.


In a graveyard.

The sky began to get dark and a black figure wearing a black ring and carrying a skull wearing a mask, strode past the graves, "No one can outrun death forever," the figure said, talking to the skull.

More black rings spawned from the one the figure wore and flew to all the graves.

"Rise!" a voice called out of the dark.