• Published 22nd Oct 2016
  • 2,752 Views, 85 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Spectrum War - Time Agent pony



After discovering some mysterious rings the Mane Seven at CHS are propelled into an adventure with some new friends and new foes

  • ...
5
 85
 2,752

Chapter 6

The museum

Alan Scott walked past all the different cases in the JSA exhibit, "Where did the good times go?" he asked, aloud looking at his costume and ring.

"The good days ended when the team quit," a voice, out of the darkness, replied.

Alan turned to see two black lanterns, these being Atom a.k.a. Al Pratt, one of the founding members of the JSA along side Alan, and Blue Beetle a.k.a. Dan Garret, a lesser known hero from a time before the JSA, standing ahead of him.

They looked like they were alive but not for the black lantern logo replacing their logos and looking like zombies.

"Al?!" Alan said, shocked, "You're dead."

"Yes I did die," Atom replied, "I died cold and friendless and only my friends called me Al."

"I wasn't even ask to join your little team," Blue Beetle added.

"You never asked," Alan answered, "plus we never met."

"Well it be nice" Blue Beetle replied, "it be nice to be invited."

"I don't want to hurt you, Atom," Alan said, as the two advanced on him, Atom's fists glow with radioactive energy.

"Well, that's too bad," Blue Beetle smiled.

"Because me and Blue Beetle want to hurt you" Atom continued, "old friend."

"Did you just call me old?" Alan asked.

"Yeah, so what?!" Blue Beetle snarled.

"Well, if you remember Atom," Alan continued, "I've always proffered the term 'experienced'."

Suddenly Alan fired a blast of green flame, blasting Atom and Blue Beetle back, while he had been talking to the two undead heroes Alan had opened and reached into the display case containing his ring and put it on.

"I see you still have a lot of fight left in you," Atom growled.

"You should know me better than that, Atom" Alan replied, "I always go down fighting."

"I can feel your willpower," Blue Beetle smirked.

"You can't beat both of us professionals," Atom laughed.

"I can try," Alan responded, his ring blowing bright.

The two Black Lanterns charged at Alan, he blasted them again, trying to slow them down.

"Even the Starheart cannot save you now," Atom growled.

"Why fight us? when you could become one of us?" Blue Beetle smiled.

Sorry, boys, but I gotta put you in the hot seat," Alan replied.

He summoned up a ring of fire, which surround the two black lanterns.

"You think you've won?" Atom laughed.

"The Blackest night will consume all of the living" Blue Beetle smiled.

With that the two disappeared in a flash of black light.

"I have a bad feeling about this" Alan said, starting to lock up the exhibit and heading home.


Alan sat in an armchair, in his home, thinking about what the Blue Beetle had said before he and Atom disappeared.

A knock at the door broke his silence, he answered it.

It was the Mane Six and the Lanterns, "Hay, sorry to call so late," Sunset apologised.

"No worries, Sunset" Alan said, then he noticed the lanterns, "this night just keeps getting stranger and stranger."

He showed the group in and Hal explained who they were and what was happening, Alan mentioning his encounter with Atom and Blue Beetle.

"The black rings must have chosen Atom because he had an emotional tie to you," Indigo-1 said.

"Another question I have is" Alan continued, "why did the Atom and Blue Beetle want me dead?"

"Because the Black lanterns are not the invaders here" Indigo-1 continued, "We, the living, are the invaders, we are the trespassers."

"But why?" Twilight asked.

"Because we bring goodness, we bring life," Indigo-1 carried on, "In the beginning, the universe belonged to the darkness. And then there was light, for seven hundred years, the universe was nothing but blinding white light. Then the darkness fought back and the white light was splintered."

"These splinters make up the emotional spectrum," Saint Walker explained.

"Correct, every sentient being born from the light now contributes to is Emotional Spectrum. Our state of being adds to its respective light. And it can be collected and condensed into power" Indigo-1 finished, "It is this white light that we are all connected to and it is the very thing the Black Lanterns seek to destroy."

Just then Alan's two children Jade and Obsidian entered the room.

"Hey, dad" Jade said, "we heard you from up stairs." her skin was usually green when she used her powers, when not using her powers her skin was normal colour.

"I didn't know we had guests," added Obsidian, "Friends of yours?"

"Everyone, these are my kids, Jade and Obsidian" Alan said, introducing the Mane Six and the lanterns to his kids.

"From what you said," Alan said, after introductions were made, "it sounds like these Black lanterns mean business, we need a plan."

"I have one," Rainbow Dash said, "Putting the JSA back together."

"Whoa, slow down there, kiddo" Alan replied, "They're too far away to call at this point."

Out of the blue, another knock at the door was heard.

"Is it them?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not an expert," Hal said, "but I don't think Black Lanterns knock."

Alan answered the door, the others heard him talking to two unfamiliar voice, Alan reappeared smiling, "You know I think that plan might just work" he turned back to the door, "you guys can make your dramatic entrance now."

"No way!" Rainbow Dash gasped.

There standing behind Alan was, Flash a.k.a. Jay Garrick and Commander Steel a.k.a. Henry Heywood.

"I didn't know you guys were in town," Alan greeted, "You should've come by the house sooner."

"We were planning to, but then we saw the news reports" Jay replied.

"We're glad to have you," Saint walker responded.

"So our JSA members are up to three," Henry finished.

"Excuse me" Rainbow Dash interrupted, "But there's nine, we're going to help fight the Black Lanterns too, right girls?"

All the girls nodded, even Fluttershy.

"All right then!" Hal called, "JSA, Lanterns! Lets do this!"


Downtown

"You don't deserve a saviour who was kicked out of a team of world saving fakes," Black Lantern David Reid, a.k.a. Magog said, as he walked through the streets firing multiple blasts of plasma from his staff, "you don't deserve Magog."

People ran to escape from the undead super hero, all except for Maud Pie.

Magog stopped right in front of her looking at her with a titled head look, like a confused animal.

Maud looked at him, not showing any sign of emotion.

Magog just stalked past her and continued on with his rampage.


In a graveyard.

The JSA and the lanterns arrived at the graveyard, Alan, Jay and Henry had picked up their costumes and gear from the museum.

"This place creeps me, out" Jade said, her skin was now its green colour.

Obsidian nodded in agreement.

"Stay alert," Henry said, readying his modified rifle

"That's strange," Jay said, "it's quiet, theres no sign of life."

"And why would there be?" a voice answered, "for in this place, you will only find the one great constant found in every universe."

Everyone turned to see the Leader of the Black Lanterns Nekron.

"Death!" Nekron cried, as more undead rose up behind him.